Irate Visitors Rage Here, if you must. Fear and Loathing in Las Deathlist

1062 replies to this topic

#1 The Yeti

Assassin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 766 posts

Posted 05 March 2004 - 11:43 PM

OK, you've obviously put a celebrity's name (let's call him Kenny) into Google or some such, and seen the DeathList pop up.

'What's this ?' you say, 'Kenny dead ?' or 'This looks intriguing' and so you've ended up here ... only to find the list wasn't what you expected and we seem to be predicting the death of Kenny.

'My God, they've killed Kenny!- How dare they!' And now you want to tell the list owner how much of a bastard he is, how dare he, that he isn't fit to be a dog turd on the bottom of Kenny's shoe, that Kenny is so fabulous that everything Kenny produces is worthy of worship, even his farts. Etc, etc.

So instead of being irate in random places all over this list:
a ) Firstly, think of a nice nickname to go by - Guest isn't very interesting really is it ? Something that proves how loyal you are to Kenny. Say like 'Kenny's Butt Boy'
b ) Vent your spleen here. Go on tell us we're all evil. We have heard it before you know.
c ) Then go read what the purpose of the list is ... really, we're not willing or wishing Kenny dead, just think there's an odds-on chance (or not) that'll he'll keel over sometime soon. Probably because he's old, disease ridden, into drugs, gets drunk a lot, or drives too fast. Or he's a terrorist with US Gov after him. Or some other dangerous sport.

Now, do you understand ? No ? Oh well, post away anyway ...

[NB. There were a number of replies to this posting since it was first made but unfortunately these were deleted in error - GR]
life, n : the whim of several billion cells to be with you for a while.

Dodo deado, Dodi deado, Di deado, Dando deado ... Surely Dido's looking dodgy ?

Despite the high cost of living, it still seems popular.

#2 Guest_control_*

• Guests

Posted 11 November 2004 - 08:11 AM

You indicate in this posting that there is some place on your website to read about the purpose of your website. I don't seem to be able to locate it. Could you tell me where I can find it so that I may, indeed, determine exactly what purpose this site is attempting to achieve? thank you so much. :(

#3 Grim Reaper

Post-Twunt

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,239 posts

Posted 11 November 2004 - 09:53 PM

Well, the main page gives a pretty good description...

http://www.deathlist.net/

And this one a brief description...

About DeathList

#4 maryportfuncity

Dedicated Cumbrian Corpse Hound, or summat

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,232 posts

Posted 13 December 2004 - 10:40 AM

I found the list in such a way - checking out the status of Charlie Drake - and frankly I've had more fun on Death List than chasing the little funster from a bygone era to ground.

Keem 'em comin'.
Posted Image

Maryport is a disappointment for which there is no cure, but the annual Deathrace thread hereabouts provides welcome distraction.

#5 Guest_I Hate This Site_*

• Guests

Posted 13 January 2005 - 11:27 PM

mother f**kers how dare you have a site glorifying the deaths of famous people when you die im gona broadcast it all over the internet and we will all have a pool to count the day you die bitch f**k you

#6 Grim Reaper

Post-Twunt

• Admin
  • 1,239 posts

Posted 13 January 2005 - 11:39 PM

Well thanks for at least posting in the right thread Mr Hate - we'll look forward to your broadcasts - but until then maybe try lightening up a little ;)

#7 Anubis the Jackal

Twunt Master

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,114 posts

Posted 13 January 2005 - 11:45 PM

I Hate This Site, on Jan 13 2005, 11:27 PM, said:

mother f**kers how dare you have a site glorifying the deaths of famous people when you die im gona broadcast it all over the internet and we will all have a pool to count the day you die bitch f**k you
Indeed, and how dare nearly every quality newspaper have a page "glorifying the deaths of famous people" on a daily basis?

Breathe, relax, and click the "BACK" key on your browser. It's not rocket science.
Pardon me but I got to run
The fact's uncommonly clear
I got to find who's now the number one
And why my angel eyes ain't here

Excuse me while I disappear

#8 The Yeti

Assassin

• Members
  • 766 posts

Posted 13 January 2005 - 11:54 PM

I Hate This Site, on Jan 14 2005, 12:27 AM, said:

Interesting then that you've decided to make another 6 posts (so far) under other names then ... Saffron / Carlos / Burt / Margaret R / Kavorkian / Gaynickcarterfan ?
life, n : the whim of several billion cells to be with you for a while.

Dodo deado, Dodi deado, Di deado, Dando deado ... Surely Dido's looking dodgy ?

Despite the high cost of living, it still seems popular.

#9 weasel

Sniper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted 20 January 2005 - 06:11 AM

Oh they can run, they can hide, they can change their nicks, but they can't get away........from deathlist.net..... :ph34r:

Kinda like a bad car wreck, you just can't look away, no matter how hard you try. :unsure:
When you have to shoot, SHOOT.........don't talk! - Tuco in The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly

#10 Guest_Guest_*

• Guests

Posted 03 March 2005 - 02:30 AM

weasel, on Jan 20 2005, 06:11 AM, said:

Oh they can run, they can hide, they can change their nicks, but they can't get away........from deathlist.net..... :bomb:

Kinda like a bad car wreck, you just can't look away, no matter how hard you try. :bomb:
this site is one of the sickest i've ever stumbled across ;)
i know what you mean about not being able to look away. its morbidly facinating
keep it up ;)

#11 Guest_Guest_open pinecone_*

• Guests

Posted 11 March 2005 - 02:47 PM

Well..lets face it - if you can't laugh in the face of death, when can you? :D

#12 Guest_irate visitor who must indeed ra_*

• Guests

Posted 19 April 2005 - 10:00 AM

I am disgusted with the contents of this site. Such sites are a disgrace to our society and have no moral purpose. I would strongly suggest that you discontinue your revolting "predictions" of death and take up a healthier and more productive hobby, rather than spending your lives obsessing over which "celebrity" will be the next to pass away. One assumes my complaint will fall on deaf ears, judging by your responses to previous "irate visitors"; nevertheless I feel you must accept that this site is, at the very least, an extremely strange way to spend one`s time - at worst, it is plain sickening.

Written by an irate visitor.

#13 Terminator

Post-Twunt

• Members
  • 1,051 posts

Posted 19 April 2005 - 10:18 AM

irate visitor who must indeed ra, on Apr 19 2005, 10:00 AM, said:

Well, that should clear up any misunderstandings..... :sicktherm:
Ad tabernam festino

#14 Paul Bearer

Zombie Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,239 posts

Posted 19 April 2005 - 01:12 PM

I am disgusted with the contents of this site. Such sites are a disgrace to our society and have no moral purpose. I would strongly suggest that you discontinue your revolting "predictions" of death and take up a healthier and more productive hobby, rather than spending your lives obsessing over which "celebrity" will be the next to pass away. One assumes my complaint will fall on deaf ears, judging by your responses to previous "irate visitors"; nevertheless I feel you must accept that this site is, at the very least, an extremely strange way to spend one`s time - at worst, it is plain sickening.

Mmmmmm. Just a coincidence you have the exact same IP address as prophet of doom then? (written in lower case) :sicktherm:
This is true my form is something odd,
But blaming me is blaming God;
Could I create myself anew
I would not fail in pleasing you.

#15 Dr Strangelove

Executioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 508 posts

Posted 19 April 2005 - 05:08 PM

heaven can wait, on Apr 19 2005, 01:12 PM, said:

Mmmmmm. Just a coincidence you have the exact same IP address as prophet of doom then? (written in lower case) :sicktherm:
Troll spotting - the new Deathlist hobby.
"Love, friendship, loyalty, kindness - these are all emotions which we applaud, emotions which have been immortialized in the bad couplets of Hallmark Cards and in the verses (I don't dare call it poetry) of Leonard Nimoy." - Stephen King

#16 Guest_prophet of doom_*

• Guests

Posted 20 April 2005 - 09:19 AM

OK, you`ve noted that "prophet of doom" (lower case) is the same person as the "irate visitor" - and how, exactly, does that disprove my comments about the pointlessness / weirdness of this list ? Is someone with two different nicknames not allowed to complain or something ?

I await a sensible response to my complaints about this site.

Cheers,

Prophet of doom.

#17 Anubis the Jackal

Twunt Master

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,114 posts

Posted 20 April 2005 - 09:37 AM

prophet of doom, on Apr 20 2005, 09:19 AM, said:

OK, you`ve noted that "prophet of doom" (lower case) is the same person as the "irate visitor" - and how, exactly, does that disprove my comments about the pointlessness / weirdness of this list ? Is someone with two different nicknames not allowed to complain or something ?

Cheers,

Prophet of doom.
Pointless, weird and seemingly worth visiting 3 days running! :banghead:
Pardon me but I got to run
The fact's uncommonly clear
I got to find who's now the number one
And why my angel eyes ain't here

Excuse me while I disappear

#18 Dr Strangelove

Executioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 508 posts

Posted 20 April 2005 - 10:11 AM

prophet of doom, on Apr 20 2005, 09:19 AM, said:

OK, you`ve noted that "prophet of doom" (lower case) is the same person as the "irate visitor" - and how, exactly, does that disprove my comments about the pointlessness / weirdness of this list ?  Is someone with two different nicknames not allowed to complain or something ?

Cheers,

Prophet of doom.
Yes but you made a prediction of a death, and then you choose to complain.
Why?
"Love, friendship, loyalty, kindness - these are all emotions which we applaud, emotions which have been immortialized in the bad couplets of Hallmark Cards and in the verses (I don't dare call it poetry) of Leonard Nimoy." - Stephen King

#19 Guest_One Man Jury_*

• Guests

Posted 20 April 2005 - 11:08 AM

guesty, on Apr 20 2005, 10:11 AM, said:

Yes but you made a prediction of a death, and then you choose to complain.
Why?
Because he's a cretin, that's why!

#20 The Four Horsemen

Assassin

• Members
  • 984 posts

Posted 20 April 2005 - 01:03 PM

I think the main paradox here is that if this site is disgusting, wierd etc etc then why join in?
Added to which, I don't think that this is a disgusting etc site compared to quite a few others readily available on the net.

Here's how I would summarise:
Step 1: Get a list of old/ill people.
Step 2: Discuss which ones are closer to dying
Step 3: Create list of 50 people who you think will die this year

It's not like we have a street party whenever one of them dies, it's just that the majority of contributers have a greater awareness of the transient nature of life and appreciation of their own (and everyone elses) mortality.
Criticism (constructive) isn't dismissed, but surely by posting and contributing you are undermining your own argument that the site shouldn't be posted on or contributed to?
It is surely better to be pissed off than pissed on

Reply to this topic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users