• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,239 posts

Posted 31 December 2004 - 06:34 PM

This is the place to discuss Olivia De Havilland

#2 Guest_ffv_*

• Guests

Posted 04 January 2005 - 02:17 AM

She apeeared in the last oscar...she was very debilited.......I think sheŽll not pass this year...

#3 Bongo Banger

Morbid interest

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7 posts

Posted 06 January 2005 - 12:50 PM

I dunno about that, ffv, according to an interview in November 2004, she was described as "Still elegant, healthy and sharp-witted"
It may yet be a while before she's Gone with the Wind... :o

#4 weatherman90

Executioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 692 posts

Posted 06 January 2005 - 03:46 PM

Olivia isnt the only gone with the wind star still alive, I noticed that Evelyn Keyes(86), Ann Rutherford(85), and Fred Crane(87) are all still going.
"I really wish I had a signature." - Weatherman90

#5 weasel

Sniper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted 14 January 2005 - 04:49 AM

I thought she had already died...awwww, nope that was Melly from GWTW.
When you have to shoot, SHOOT.........don't talk! - Tuco in The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly

#6 Guest_Lactose The Intollerent_*

• Guests

Posted 17 January 2005 - 12:32 PM

I actually met her last year and she's still a babe and still in full control of here faculties. I think, baring an unfortunate StairMaster incident, that she'llprobably last the year...

Hope so, charming lady :-)

#7 Guest_Death Be Not Proud_*

• Guests

Posted 28 April 2005 - 10:47 PM

That dear sweet Melly from GWTW. I can't believe she is still kickin', but I'm glad to hear it. :blink:

#8 Guest_Guest_*

• Guests

Posted 05 May 2005 - 06:36 PM

Hmm think that dear old Olivia be around for a few more years as no serious health problems as such yet!How about her equally as famous oscar winning sister Joan Fontaine 88 now!Cant find any reports on her health tho

#9 Banshees Scream

Dwarf tosser

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,425 posts

Posted 11 May 2005 - 08:13 PM

Guest, on May 5 2005, 06:36 PM, said:

Hmm think that dear old Olivia be around for a few more years as no serious health problems as such yet!How about her equally as famous oscar winning sister Joan Fontaine 88 now!Cant find any reports on her health tho
Joan Fontaine i bealive is about 90 now she could make a fairly good deathlist participent for 2006. Though she is said to be in fair health.

#10 Evil Wabbit

Pointless Ranter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 2 posts

Posted 25 July 2005 - 03:52 AM

Bongo Banger, on Jan 6 2005, 12:50 PM, said:

...she was described as "Still elegant, healthy and sharp-witted"
Are you sure there was no lucky comma after the word 'Still' ?

#11 Guest_The King of Carry On_*

• Guests

Posted 24 August 2005 - 02:28 PM

ffv, on Jan 4 2005, 02:17 AM, said:

She apeeared in the last oscar...she was very debilited.......I think sheŽll not pass this year...
I think that's rubbish - she looking wonderful and radiant at the Oscars.

#12 Guest_MISS CERTAIN_*

• Guests

Posted 17 October 2005 - 04:35 AM

CONCERNING MME. DE HAVILLAND. SHE IS LIVING A WONDERFUL LIFE IN PARIS FRANCE AND
WILL MOST CERTAINLY LAST ANOTHER FIVE YEARS. SHE IS ONE OF THE MOST INTELLIGENT AND
WONDERFUL WOMEN I HAVE EVER HAD THE PLEASURE OF KNOWING.

#13 in eternum+

Post-Twunt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,229 posts

Posted 17 October 2005 - 04:42 AM

MISS CERTAIN, on Oct 17 2005, 12:35 AM, said:

CONCERNING MME. DE HAVILLAND. SHE IS LIVING A WONDERFUL LIFE IN PARIS FRANCE AND
WILL MOST CERTAINLY LAST ANOTHER FIVE YEARS. SHE IS ONE OF THE MOST INTELLIGENT AND
Aha! Inside info tip off: 2010 list it is.
Proud to be Old Skool

#14 maryportfuncity

Dedicated Cumbrian Corpse Hound, or summat

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,984 posts

Posted 17 October 2005 - 12:09 PM

How anyone with a functioning brain can drop in here and state with certainty that anyone will live a long time is beyond me. There's enough evidence of sudden misfortune and danger to remind a rational person that we're all in The Grim Reaper's lottery.
Posted Image

Maryport is a disappointment for which there is no cure, but the annual Deathrace thread hereabouts provides welcome distraction.

#15 Guest_Guest_*

• Guests

Posted 17 October 2005 - 08:23 PM

I just received a wonderful two-page letter and several signed items from 89-year-old Mme de Havilland on Oct 13. She is very much alive as is her sister, Joan Fontaine who will be 88 on Oct 22.

#16 football_fan

I have no life

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,617 posts

Posted 17 October 2005 - 10:52 PM

Guest, on Oct 17 2005, 04:23 PM, said:

I just received a wonderful two-page letter and several signed items from 89-year-old Mme de Havilland on Oct 13. She is very much alive as is her sister, Joan Fontaine who will be 88 on Oct 22.
So, I guess that she will not be expiring anytime soon then.
"A jury consists of twelve people who determine which client has the better lawyer".
- Robert Frost

#17 Windsor

LFN Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,289 posts

Posted 18 October 2005 - 03:27 PM

Guest, on Oct 17 2005, 09:23 PM, said:

I just received a wonderful two-page letter and several signed items from 89-year-old Mme de Havilland on Oct 13.
No, you just recieved a wonderful two page letter from her PA/ Secretary.

:)
Shadow List 2014.

Wilko Johnson, Muhammed Ali, Helen Fawkes, David Norris, Flora Fraser, Stephen Lewis, Jim Bowen, John Bardon, Albert Reynolds, Rev Billy Graham, Daisy Berkowitz, Wojciech Jaeuzelski, Clive James, Robert Mugabe, George H. W. Bush, Leslie Phillips, Zsa Zsa Gabor, Stephen Hawking, Nancy Reagan, Jeremy Thorpe, Cardinal Keith O'Brien, Tariq Aziz, Murray Walker, Stuart Hall, Luise Rainer, Liz Dawn, Bob Dole, Edgar Ray Killen, Prince Philip, Paul O'Grady, Arthur Scargill, Jalal Talabani, Iain Paisley, Mikhail Gorbachez, Sean Connery, Jimmy Greaves, Sir Nicholas Winton, Sam Simon, Derek Fowlds, Pope Benedict XVI, Richard Attenborough, Harlan Ellison, Fidel Castro, Valerie Harper, Saif al-Isam Megrahi, Queen Fabiola, Ariel Sharon, Liz Smith, Bruce Forsyth, Fred Phelps.

2009: 13/50, 2010: 10/50, 2011: 9/50, 2012: 15/50, 2013:16/50, 2014: 3/50 Winner of the 2010 Dustpool.

#18 Magere Hein

Film land, Homer!

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,586 posts

Posted 18 October 2005 - 03:30 PM

windsor, on Oct 18 2005, 05:27 PM, said:

Or possibly our guest just recieved a wonderful two page letter from her sollicitor, containing several signed items.

regards,
Hein
DDP 2014 team The Grey Horde:
King Abdullah of Saudi Arabia, Ayman al-Zawahiri, Lys Assia, Sister Wendy Beckett, Ryan Buell Posted Image,Jacques Chirac, Felix Dennis, Aretha Franklin, Ruth Bader Ginsburg, Marilyn Horne, Clive James, General Wojciech Jaruzelski, Wilko Johnson, Helmut Kohl, Joseph Kony, Misao Okawa, Bernie Madoff, Robert Mugabe, Julie Newmar, Michael Schumacher

DDP 2014 theme team Minions of Xuleneb:
King Albert II, Princess Beatrix, Prince Bernhard jr, Elco Brinkman, Corry Brokken, Dick Bruna, Raymond Ceulemans, Godfried Danneels, Piet de Jong, Mark Eyskens, Queen Fabiola Of Belgium Posted Image, Jan Janssen, Grand Duke Jean I of Luxembourg, Wubbo Ockels, Fernando Ricksen, Kees Rijvers, Wim Ruska, Toots Thielemans, Martinus J. G. Veltman, Geert Wilders

#19 Teddy

Assassin

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 834 posts

Posted 18 October 2005 - 03:31 PM

windsor, on Oct 18 2005, 04:27 PM, said:

I just received a wonderful two-page letter and several signed items from 89-year-old Mme de Havilland on Oct 13.

Wasn't her Will, was it??
"Tears are sometimes an inappropriate response to death. When a life has been lived completely honestly, completely successfully, or just completely, the correct response to death's perfect punctuation mark is a smile." - Julie Burchill

#20 football_fan

I have no life

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,617 posts

Posted 18 October 2005 - 05:37 PM

Teddy, on Oct 18 2005, 11:31 AM, said:

windsor, on Oct 18 2005, 04:27 PM, said:

Wasn't her Will, was it??
;)
"A jury consists of twelve people who determine which client has the better lawyer".
- Robert Frost

Reply to this topic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users