as yours nottoptAtto but iam sure what i type is somewhat
understandable. ;)

#22 Tuber Mirum

Relic of the Golden Age

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,194 posts

Posted 30 May 2005 - 06:15 PM

So am I to understand that whenever you write something by hand, as opposed to typing, it is literate, articulate and correctly punctuated?

I'm afraid everything I write whether by hand or at the keyboard is the same incomprehensible ill-informed drivel.

I mean well though.

#23 Josco

I Need To Get A Life!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,839 posts

Posted 31 May 2005 - 07:02 AM

Banshees Scream, on May 30 2005, 03:55 PM, said:

Allright allright my typing skills arent as good
understandable. :D
nottoptAtto. Fantastic, may I use it in future posts?
"If you have nothing to hide you have nothing to fear...." Jacqui Smith - Ex-Home Secretary (and many other misguided fools)
"I fear having to prove I have nothing to hide." Josco

"Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves".
William Pitt, 1783

Shaw's Principle: "Build a system that even a fool can use, and only a fool will want to use it."

#24 VileBody

Shipman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 358 posts

Posted 08 September 2005 - 03:39 PM

Captain Oates, on Mar 6 2005, 03:01 PM, said:

The Duke of  Wellington was born in 1769 in the Kingdom of Ireland

Before 1801 Ireland was a separate state, ruled by England and latterly Great Britain. 

So the Duke of Wellington was more Irish than Oscar Wilde. 

(But less popular with some French, probably.)
When asked about his being born in Ireland, the Duke was said to have retorted: "Just because you were born in a stable doesn't make you a horse"

#25 Octopus of Odstock

Post twunt

• Members
  • 3,801 posts

Posted 08 April 2006 - 01:15 PM

Part two of my Aintree DL Special - O'Sullevan doing just fine both here and here

#26 Banshees Scream

Dwarf tosser

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,416 posts

Posted 08 April 2006 - 06:48 PM

View PostJosco, on May 31 2005, 07:02 AM, said:

Banshees Scream, on May 30 2005, 03:55 PM, said:

Allright allright my typing skills arent as good
understandable. :lol:
nottoptAtto. Fantastic, may I use it in future posts?

It's all yours Josco my friend. :o

Because this is one of my favorite posts ever made ~

Could that be because you are NOTapotato? A nobody in the potato world? If your name was potato, or notNOTapotato then you might not not be a nobody (in the potato world).

:lol: - I love it. #1

#27 Octopus of Odstock

Post twunt

• Members
  • 3,801 posts

Posted 08 April 2006 - 06:59 PM

This seems as good as place as any to say that one horse, TyneandThyneAgain died in the Grand National today. There's usually a fatality every year and this was this year's one.

#28 Anubis the Jackal

Twunt Master

• Moderators
  • 3,114 posts

Posted 08 April 2006 - 07:56 PM

Usually it's the one I've just put a cheeky each-way on. Four years in a row my 4 shillings left Aintree on the catmeat truck, I was almost tempted to ask my turf accountant for a side bet on whether my nag would get the special treatment from the man with the bolt-gun.

View PostOctopus of Odstock, on Apr 8 2006, 07:59 PM, said:

There's usually a fatality every year and this was this year's one.

Pardon me but I got to run
The fact's uncommonly clear
I got to find who's now the number one
And why my angel eyes ain't here

Excuse me while I disappear

#29 Bennett_Cerf

Bomber

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 154 posts

Posted 04 July 2006 - 08:46 PM

View PostBanshees Scream, on May 29 2005, 06:08 PM, said:

I dont really think O'Sullevan scores enough on the famous test for
the dl. Even though he may be known in the UK somewhat he isent that famous
in America. :D
Something tells me that few if any particularly care what you think about this matter.

#30 Gordon Comstock

Hatchet man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 02 March 2008 - 10:04 PM

Having taken my ease reading the obits in the Telegraph, I turned the page to come across this article. Seems Sir Peter is still going strong and is about to be ninety. Mind you the article is by Sue Mott, who I understand is the inspiration for Private Eye's Sally Jockstrap, so he could keel over tomorrow.

#31 grobler

Shipman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 393 posts

Posted 02 March 2008 - 10:17 PM

View PostGordon Comstock, on Mar 2 2008, 10:04 PM, said:

Having taken my ease reading the obits in the Telegraph, I turned the page to come across this article. Seems Sir Peter is still going strong and is about to be ninety. Mind you the article is by Sue Mott, who I understand is the inspiration for Private Eye's Sally Jockstrap, so he could keel over tomorrow.
from memory there was a chunk about Sir Peter in LAST weeks Times .....he was a little bit " if my time is up....I've lived a good life....etc..." . Could be a one to watch in my opinion. When a celeb goes down the route of "I haven't got long" , it may be true...

#32 Octopus of Odstock

Post twunt

• Members
  • 3,801 posts

Posted 03 January 2010 - 06:06 PM

His wife of 58 years has died & he's been in hospital over the Christmas period with pneumonia - one to watch perhaps. However, he was still well enough to issue a long statement at her death, so who knows?

link

#33 themaninblack

Pun Plunderer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,996 posts

Posted 03 January 2010 - 06:11 PM

View PostOctopus of Odstock, on Jan 3 2010, 06:06 PM, said:

His wife of 58 years has died & he's been in hospital over the Christmas period with pneumonia - one to watch perhaps. However, he was still well enough to issue a long statement at her death, so who knows?

link

Well he did rabbit a bit in his commentary didn't he?
"I must have killed more men than Cecil B. DeMille."

Gene Wilder as "the Waco Kid", Blazing Saddles (1974)

#34 embalmer_19

Pointless Ranter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 3 posts

Posted 12 January 2010 - 09:50 AM

View Postthemaninblack, on Jan 3 2010, 06:11 PM, said:

link

Well he did rabbit a bit in his commentary didn't he?

Yes he did rabbit on a bit but that was the job. And to identify all the runners and riders from a commentary position high up above the stands, albeit aided by a TV monitor is some mean achievement. Whata legend. :rolleyes:

#35 Phil R

Pointless Ranter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 3 posts

Posted 30 October 2010 - 06:38 PM

View PostPhil R, on Oct 30 2010, 07:29 PM, said:

View PostTerminator, on Mar 8 2005, 04:25 PM, said:

One Man Jury, on Mar 7 2005, 12:49 PM, said:

themaninblack, on Mar 6 2005, 01:19 PM, said:

Oscar Wilde was a British as the Duke of Wellington (he he)
Or maybe the Duke of York. Like Oscar Wilde, he too had 10,000 men!
Not sure about the Duke of York (Andrew) having 10,000 men, but can't vouch for the Earl of Wessex............
According to Bob Monkhouse, Edward was in the Royal Hussars. The only problem is nobody can remember Hussars he was in!

#36 harrymcnallysblueandwhitearmy

It's God shit!

• Members
  • 1,565 posts

Posted 17 March 2011 - 01:21 PM

link

And still well enough to drive from London to the Cheltenham Festival at the age of 93.

why, you little...

#37 welshman

Ewe spoke, we ignored

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 401 posts

Posted 17 March 2011 - 05:18 PM

View Postharrymcnallysblueandwhitearmy, on Mar 17 2011, 01:21 PM, said:

link

And still well enough to drive from London to the Cheltenham Festival at the age of 93.
probably didn't get above 20 with all the traffic on his route:-)
"We have enough religion to make us hate, but not enough to make us love one another." Jonathan Swift

#38 harrymcnallysblueandwhitearmy

It's God shit!

• Members
  • 1,565 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 08:52 PM

Pete was looking spritely at SPOTY this evening. Well, he was standing upright, so he won't be going on my 2012 list.

why, you little...

#39 time

Lord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,740 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 10:02 PM

View Postharrymcnallysblueandwhitearmy, on 22 December 2011 - 08:52 PM, said:

Pete was looking spritely at SPOTY this evening. Well, he was standing upright, so he won't be going on my 2012 list.
Dickie Bird on the other hand looked positively awful.
2014 DDP Team (Time's-up team): John Bardon; Dora Bryan; Emile Ford; Valery Giscard d’Estaing; John Glenn; Eldon Griffiths; Bernard Haitink; Gerald Harper; Buck Henry (Joker); Patricia Knatchbull; Francis Matthews; Sheila Mercier; Les Munro; Pete Murray; I. M. Pei; Dudley Simpson; Nobby Stiles; Joseph Wapner; Peter Wyngarde; Jimmy Young.

2014 DDP Theme Team (...and its goodnight from him etc): Ronald Atkins, Ron Brown, Ronnie Carroll; Ronald Chesney, Ronnie Walter Cunningham, Ronnie Dawson, Ron Ely, Ronald Baron Fearn, Ron Flowers, Ronnie Gilbert, Ronald Harwood, Ronald Hines, Ron Isley, Ronnie Masterson, Ronnie Moore, Ronald Pellar, Ronnie Ronalde, Ron Smith, Ronald Stevenson, Ron Suart (Joker)

2014 DDP Theme Team (Roger and Out): Roger Alton, Roger Angell, Sir Roger Bannister, Roger Cook, Roger Corman, Roger Daltrey, Roger Dimmock, Roger Etchegaray, Sir Roger Moore, Sir Roger Norrington, Sir Roger Penrose(Joker), Roger Protz, Roger Sainsbury, Roger Sloman, Roger Smith, Roger Spottiswood, Roger Squires, Roger Staubach, Roger Taylor, Roger Whitaker

Deathrace 2014 Team: Billy Graham (Joker), Ethel Lang, Javier Perez De Cuellar, Efrem Zimbalist Jr., Vera Lynn,Kirk Douglas, Al Molinaro, Dora Bryan, John Glenn, Gerald Harper, Patricia Knatchbull, Francis Matthews, Sheila Mercier, Les Munro, Buck Henry, I. M. Pei, Joseph Wapner, Jimmy Young, Wojtech Jaruszelski, Doris Day

2014 Hartlepool Deadlypool Team: Rev Billy Graham, Ethel Lang, Javier Perez De Cuellar, Carl Reiner, Efrem Zimbalist Jr., Vera Lynn, Kirk Douglas, Maximilian Schell, Al Molinaro, BB King. Subs: Doris Day, Wojciech Jaruzelski

I have CDO. It's like OCD except the letters are in alphabetical order, as they should be.

#40 Phantom

uber twunt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,061 posts

Posted 23 December 2011 - 03:29 AM

View Posttime, on 22 December 2011 - 10:02 PM, said:

View Postharrymcnallysblueandwhitearmy, on 22 December 2011 - 08:52 PM, said:

Dickie Bird on the other hand looked positively awful.

I think Dickie Bird suffers from Multiple Sclerosis

A good line never dies
It just smells funny

----

DDP 2014 1/20
Jim Bamber , Ryan Buell, Katherine Crowe Posted Image, Liz Dawn, Ruth Duccini, Janet Fielding, Zsa Zsa Gabor , Billy Graham,"Superstar" Billy Graham, Rolf Harris, Joao Havelange, Bobby Heenan, Wojciech Jarulzelski, Wilko Johnson, Stephen Lewis, Jerry Maren, Les Munro, Sonny Rollins, Sam Simon, Gough Whitlam

DDP 2012 8/20 - Joint 47th

DDP 2013 11/20 - Joint 24th

Reply to this topic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users