Guest Goldeneye-69

Political Frailty

Former Tory MP and minister Cecil Parkinson reportedly dead, confirmed by family. https://twitter.com/PA/status/691631489239379968

News reports to follow when I get them.

Edit: BBC http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-35403445

I have to confess to feeling slightly sorry for Cecil.Not because of his actions ,which were abysmal but when you look at the fact that his career was ruined for having consensual sex with a grown woman when many of his counterparts in the limelight (Jimmy Savile etc) were shagging kids and getting away with it all their lives I can`t help but think his indiscretions seem minimal.I do feel sorry for his illegitimate daughter far more than him but apparently his wife gave him an ultimatum:Her or the love child.So he was a condemned man whatever he did.Not excusing him at all though he brought upon his own downfall.Just seems slightly ironic with hindsight that he was vilified when others did a hell of a lot worse.

The tories were often ones that would preach family values, so it was hypocritical that Parkinson was having an affair with his secretary. Not only that, it's am abuse of his position as her boss.

The running joke at the time being their MPs should be preaching family values because - fuck knows - they were good at starting families.

The former President of El Salvador Francisco Flores Perez is now declared brain dead. In December, he was ordered to stand trial for diverting money. He is 56 years old.

Ooh, a much more modern approach to the Demjanjuk gambit.

Aye, and in that condition I wouldn't rule out a return to front line politics

• Like 3

Buddy Cianci, mayor of Providence, Rhode Island between 1975-1984 and 1991-2002, convicted racketeering felon and, actually notably, the guy the high school is named after in Family Guy, dead at 74.

• Like 1

Is the debate on mandatory euthanasia after a certain age? Cos she's the best argument for it.

Braindead fucking bint.

I met her a few years back and she seemed very nice.

• Like 1

Buddy Cianci, mayor of Providence, Rhode Island between 1975-1984 and 1991-2002, convicted racketeering felon and, actually notably, the guy the high school is named after in Family Guy, dead at 74.

Thats why I recognised the name!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-35427305:Link to Shirley William`s final speech.Certainly looks her age now but still seems quite there mentally although she did stumble over her words a few times and struggled to read a note she prepared.She said she was going to give a reason as to why she was retiring despite earlier stating she doesn`t have to "entirely lose her capacities" before she stops coming to the Lords but she didn`t.

https://twitter.com/...n Dore&src=typd :Jean Doré who was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer 9 months ago is picrured hear during an interview.Unsurprisingly looks like utter shit.If he is miraculously still alive next year what are his obit chances I wonder?

The Jean Doré who was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer is the former mayor of Montreal and I don't think he has been interviewed recently. The guy on Twitter is Jean Marie Doré, the former prime minister of Guinea. He is also old and way past the life expectancy of Guinea so he could fall anytime aswell...

Jean-Marie Doré dead.

https://twitter.com/...n Dore&src=typd :Jean Doré who was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer 9 months ago is picrured hear during an interview.Unsurprisingly looks like utter shit.If he is miraculously still alive next year what are his obit chances I wonder?

The Jean Doré who was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer is the former mayor of Montreal and I don't think he has been interviewed recently. The guy on Twitter is Jean Marie Doré, the former prime minister of Guinea. He is also old and way past the life expectancy of Guinea so he could fall anytime aswell...

Jean-Marie Doré dead.

That is the exact same thing that happened to a Toronto Mayor I think. It's in the ideas and possibilitys for 2016 thread.

Guest Droosy

Jean-Marie Doré dead.

That is the exact same thing that happened to a Toronto Mayor I think. It's in the ideas and possibilitys for 2016 thread.

I think that Canadian mayors deserve their own thread, it seems to be a very cancerous job

Jean-Marie Doré dead.

I think that Canadian mayors deserve their own thread, it seems to be a very cancerous job

Please fahkin don't

SC

Georgia Montgomery Powers died Saturday around 3:40 a.m., according to Raoul Cunningham, president of the Louisville branch of the N.A.A.C.P. Powers was the first African-American, as well as the first woman, ever elected to the Kentucky Senate where she served for 21 years starting in 1968.

SC

http://www.wdrb.com/story/31096805/former-kentucky-senator-georgia-montgomery-powers-dies

The former President of El Salvador Francisco Flores Perez is now declared brain dead. In December, he was ordered to stand trial for diverting money. He is 56 years old.

Dead

Dead

Well, he did evade trial, so I count it as a success.

• Like 4

Well if Lubbock does go real soon I might have a better score in the Deathrace before the competition ends.

Lord Avebury diagnosis update:

Main diagnosis: acute kidney injury, transfusion associated cardiac overload, sepsis (likely chest source) transformation of myelofibrosis to acute myeloid leukaemia.

St Christopher's Hospice are reviewing his care too.

Sounds like his prediction of June will be spot on, give or take. :skull:

Well if Lubbock does go real soon I might have a better score in the Deathrace before the competition ends.

I doubt he will make June !I give him several weeks tops.

Main diagnosis: acute kidney injury, transfusion associated cardiac overload, sepsis (likely chest source) transformation of myelofibrosis to acute myeloid leukaemia.

April at the latest!

Óscar Mejía Victores, a Guatemalan brigadier general who presided over some of the bloodiest years of his country’s civil war before seizing power in a 1983 coup and ultimately returning the country to democratic rule, died Feb. 1. He was 85.

SC

https://www.washingtonpost.com/amphtml/world/oscar-mejia-victores-guatemalan-military-ruler-of-mid-1980s-dies-at-85/2016/02/02/39ee5d84-c9cc-11e5-88ff-e2d1b4289c2f_story.html

Guest Droosy

Francis Ormsby-Gore, Lord Harlech, former Tory peer, dead at 61. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-politics-35492413

Had drug and alcohol problems and had been sectioned in the past. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1126780/Curse-Harlechs-hits-again.html

Drug, alcohol problems, family values, fear of God, hardline law and order policies - in a nutshell, a typical Tory!