Sign in to follow this  
maryportfuncity

Deathrace 2016

I was tight as fuck on the rules this year - and may well amend them going forward cos some CUNT POSTED three teams during the entry period. Might well limit amended teams to TWO (first one and a rethink) at a maximum, whaddya reckon?

I think that's more than generous. Personally I would just accept subs for deaths before the starting line, and no other amendments.

I wouldn't expect to be able to change my mind for the DDP, so why should this be any different? People have a whole year to plan their lists.

You do that NO ONE would fucking enter till the 30th at least and we see how well THAT worked tyvm Howard Davis you fuck

SC

Don't see why, as long as we're allowed to replace early fallers.

at least you didn't make the mistake of entering Liam neeson.

I don't know him well enough, even if I had the necessary equipment.

And do something about that fucking signature.

• Like 1

Unusual source, but I guess it counts for this game

Hell yeah, and I did Google something in English last night (second page on the search, summat related to showbiz but definitely in English) so those points are safe.

I was tight as fuck on the rules this year - and may well amend them going forward cos some CUNT POSTED three teams during the entry period. Might well limit amended teams to TWO (first one and a rethink) at a maximum, whaddya reckon?

I think that's more than generous. Personally I would just accept subs for deaths before the starting line, and no other amendments.

I wouldn't expect to be able to change my mind for the DDP, so why should this be any different? People have a whole year to plan their lists.

You do that NO ONE would fucking enter till the 30th at least and we see how well THAT worked tyvm Howard Davis you fuck

SC

Don't see why, as long as we're allowed to replace early fallers.

Aye,

Maybe I didn't explain myself too well. The issue this year was that Caskets Understand... (i.e. C.U.N.T.) posted a team weeks ago, sent a replacement in November (by which time I'd started assembling the masterlist) and then posted a third team within days of the deadline. And when I asked simply told me to use the 'other' team, so I wasn't totally clear on the intention (i.e. was C.U.N.T. apologising and saying use the November line up or simply being clear that the latest line up was the right one?)

So, let's keep it simple going forward. ONE team, but subs are required and in the unlikely event an early entry falls short of 20 starters because death intervenes and even the subs can't compensate sufficiently then late names can be added up to the deadline.

Assuming there's a 2017 competition the rules will make that clear.

I do apologise for being such an inconvenience. If you want to reflect this by punishing me points wise I'd understand.

I do apologise for being such an inconvenience. If you want to reflect this by punishing me points wise I'd understand.

Nah, chill out. The last team has a default joker so the random nature of Tony Booth's death puts some of your performance in the lap of the Grim Reaper, punishment enough I'd say.

Nah, chill out. The last team has a default joker so the random nature of Tony Booth's death puts some of your performance in the lap of the Grim Reaper, punishment enough I'd say.

Hang on has Tony Booth died????/ :wacko::wacko::wacko::wacko::wacko:

One of my picks Henrik the Prince Consort of Denmark has just had announced by his wife the Queen of Denmark that he's effectively stepping down from doing public duties. Perhaps a sign H is a good pic.....

One of my picks Henrik the Prince Consort of Denmark has just had announced by his wife the Queen of Denmark that he's effectively stepping down from doing public duties. Perhaps a sign H is a good pic.....

more needs to be known but if it is because of cancer per say then ye. Just wait for more detail.
  • Like 1

I am happy to run the 2016 Death Race Rebel League for those who missed the deadline (are there any more other than Spade?). The thought of going head to head against a seasoned cadaver dog like Spade fills me with trepidation.

• Like 1

I can only apologise, two orgasmic opening days followed by tumbleweed moments - or am I missing owt?

:sherlock:

Broken link? I have him somewhere on my teams, maybe not this one.

Edit: Darn looks like just my personal team.

The 'news' appears to 'break' from this Farcebook post, three hours ago. Can't help feeling the big boys would know about it if it was true.

The 'news' appears to 'break' from this Farcebook post, three hours ago. Can't help feeling the big boys would know about it if it was true.

Why is it always me? I had this hassle last year with Terry Gilliam! Ah well, there's loads of the year to go to get it debunked or confirmed.

Edit: The link is back up. I'll await a corroboration before claiming my first ever deadpooling hit, even if it's on my own list and gets me no points anywhere!

TMZ & UCR are the only news sources so far. I'm still far from convinced.

TMZ is a crap rag but I don't think they've ever been wrong in reporting a death? Granted, it's still wise to wait for more reputable sources to crop up nevertheless.

TMZ is a crap rag but I don't think they've ever been wrong in reporting a death? Granted, it's still wise to wait for more reputable sources to crop up nevertheless.

well here's one http://foxbaltimore.com/news/entertainment/legendary-music-manager-producer-robert-stigwood-dead-at-81

Alas poor Stiggy. Oooo and would that be my first unique pick? BTW know what's on Mary's mind...youwant

ricewiththat. Sad to see the auld fella go, but I wonder what muck will surface now?

Thanks for picking this one up, time. Telegraph have it now too, so that's the broadsheets: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/obituaries/culture-obituaries/music-obituaries/12081742/Bee-Gees-former-manager-Robert-Stigwood-has-died-aged-81.html

youwanticewiththat, wasn't he a pick for you on Shaun's Death By Numbers too? This obit is good enough for a score on that game.