Sign in to follow this  
maryportfuncity

That UK Election Thing

I still don't know who to vote for. I did a couple of those internet test things to determine who I should vote for based on my answers to various questions - one test said I should vote for the Green Party and the other said UKIP. I don't really know what to make of that.

I do.

You spend too much fucking time doing those internet test things. :lol:

• Like 2

I still don't know who to vote for. I did a couple of those internet test things to determine who I should vote for based on my answers to various questions - one test said I should vote for the Green Party and the other said UKIP. I don't really know what to make of that.

Makes sense, one lot are hell bent on doing positive and natural things for the environment, the other are complete shit to their festering core (and therefore the perfect fertilizer for growth, or summat).

Actually can go one better although it's a shutterstock image

stock-photo-london-april-vince-cable-dan

Is it just me or does that pillar look thin as Pickles waddles past?

• Like 2

Never mind that, what weapon has Vince Cable concealed in his trouser pocket.

Perhaps he is just pleased to see Pickles or summat.

• Like 1

Never mind that, what weapon has Vince Cable concealed in his trouser pocket.

Perhaps he is just pleased to see Pickles or summat.

FFS!! Good spot of that extremely rare bird, the septagenarian stalk!

You want less foreigners and more trees.

Maybe she just wants less foreign trees.

In which case.... someone needs to start a party called OAKIP.

Esther McVey, Clegg, Danny Alexander, Douglas Alexander... we might be spoiled for Portillo moments in a fortnight.

Why does Danny Alexander remind me of Beaker from the Muppet Show?

A 1000 internets for the person who can rustle up a picture of him in the same shot as Eric Pickles. You have Beaker and Dr. Bunsen Honeydew in full view...

Is this cheating?

_64829765_64829764.jpg

That's the official photo?

No wonder they were a shambles...

Um yeah that's called "pretending to muck about and be all casual so the people don't take you seriously and let their guard down so you can pass loads of laws that fuck 'em over while they're not looking".

Invented by this guy IIRC...

• Like 2

Aye, well...

11114265_10153284160690948_7706162205717

Aye, well...

This is as far from Christian as ISIS is from Islam.

Aye, well...

I'm really hoping that I've been very thick and this is a joke. If it isn't, this woman needs shooting in the face.

I'll be honest - I couldn't give a fuck about the Green thing - there's enough trees and pandas to last the 30 odd years I have left on earth, and after that I couldn't give a monkeys if all the seals have drowned in Castrol GTX. And actually, I do think something needs to be done about the numbers of people allowed to come to this country, that are coming not to work, but to claim off the state. Let as many in as you like that are going to work and contribute to society in a worthy way, but if you're coming in to claim a free house and benefits and sit in the park getting pissed then you can fuck right off back to wherever you came from.

I'll be honest - I couldn't give a fuck about the Green thing - there's enough trees and pandas to last the 30 odd years I have left on earth, and after that I couldn't give a monkeys if all the seals have drowned in Castrol GTX. And actually, I do think something needs to be done about the numbers of people allowed to come to this country, that are coming not to work, but to claim off the state. Let as many in as you like that are going to work and contribute to society in a worthy way, but if you're coming in to claim a free house and benefits and sit in the park getting pissed then you can fuck right off back to wherever you came from.

What, fuck off back to Manchester and Glasgow...when they're already there?

• Like 1

So erm, the latest from Squeezedbagofjellybabiesface is he's going to introduce more laws to make it even more illegal to criticise people who try to force their medieval lifestyles on everyone else. Apparently he doesn't think the existing thought cr er, hate crime legislation is enough.

I'm mostly just posting it as a warning to people on the board really, you might have to rename the Terrorist thread the "Misunderstood Freedom-Fighting Heroes" thread if ya don't want to be the subject of a show-trial, that's all. If it was gonna be any kind of turning point in the election it would have been more of a story by now. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Oh also, old fart makes unfunny posters criticising his money-grubbing councillors so they send the Stasi round.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/law-and-order/11570181/Former-Monty-Python-cameraman-arrested-over-satirical-posters.html

Faversham councillor Tom Gates, 73, a retired builder, said he and his colleagues believed the posters were a criminal matter.
He told The Mail: “I had one of these brown envelopes through my letterbox. It just got way out of hand. I’ve never been offered a bribe.
“I would certainly like people to be prosecuted. We’re in a democracy but shouldn’t have abuse or derogatory remarks thrown at us.”

This is the commie version of "I'm not racist but........"

"Derogatory remarks", gasp....! In politics? No, we can't have that! Bet he said that shortly before he went on Twitter and called Farage a "racist closet loonie", the monumentally demented 215lb bag of cancer-pus.

Signing off soon to watch the Question Time Special (The Three Amigos and Vow Smashers) and then Ask Nicola straight after. I have a feeling there will be a big name death announced during that time, seems to be when I'm away.

Three Amigos should be fun. Watching professional politicians who've never done a hard day's slog in their life look longingly into the camera for your vote while all the time thinking of their seat, salary and possible expenses claims and how to cosy up to their respective vested interests. They speak with forked tongue, it'll be like watching the science fiction series V again.

Laters Listers. YW.

I was led to believe that the mirror has two faces, turns out it's the Sun...

The-Sun-20150430091029729.png

• Like 1

I was led to believe that the mirror has two faces, turns out it's the Sun...

The-Sun-20150430091029729.png

As far as Im aware Labours ability to win the election outright will require it to win seats in Scotland. If it doesn't it will give the Tories a chance of winning the election outright. If the above has factual credibility then its a no brainer that the Scottish edition of the Sun would want an SNP landslide.

Also, the idea that the rest of the UK would want the SNP in coalition with Labour would be like suggesting that the public would like to see a Gary Glittter comeback. That will also play into the hands of the Tories.

Tactics and psychology maybe.

• Like 1

Think its simpler than that LFN, Labour are finished up here. For good. The Sun can't back them in that case, the only party they can be seen as backing is the Nat's.

• Like 1

Think its simpler than that LFN, Labour are finished up here. For good. The Sun can't back them in that case, the only party they can be seen as backing is the Nat's.

I'd like to add that Labour have hardly ever had to rely on Scottish seats to win an election with a majority. And I'd like to think that some of our friends across the islands would like Labour to have a little more gumption and distinctiveness to their campaign, rather than looking like the substitutes for the current incumbents without really changing very much.

On the performances tonight, Miliband will not be PM on what he says, the Lib Dems are irrelevant as they can't do a deal with a Tory red line Europe referendum or with Labour who have ruled out deals. Which kind of leaves what I've always believed but dare not - Conservative and UKIP governance on a minority basis with occasional support from DUP. Which will inevitably lead to a constitutional crisis and political reform - it's 1815 -1832 all over again.

It's a mess, with no-one convincing anyone.

326 seats is the traditional target. Looks like going by the mathematics, 280 is the real target for the Tories and Labour next Thursday, if they want to form some sort of government...

• Like 1

Guest Guest

I have a family of Romanians living next to me and they couldn't be nicer.in fact every night they play music and sing in their back garden. its all quite entertaining. makes it feel like I live in a holiday resort or something !

I'd like to add that Labour have hardly ever had to rely on Scottish seats to win an election with a majority. And I'd like to think that some of our friends across the islands would like Labour to have a little more gumption and distinctiveness to their campaign, rather than looking like the substitutes for the current incumbents without really changing very much.

On the performances tonight, Miliband will not be PM on what he says, the Lib Dems are irrelevant as they can't do a deal with a Tory red line Europe referendum or with Labour who have ruled out deals. Which kind of leaves what I've always believed but dare not - Conservative and UKIP governance on a minority basis with occasional support from DUP. Which will inevitably lead to a constitutional crisis and political reform - it's 1815 -1832 all over again.

I think that there is some wilfull misrepresentation of what Ed Miliband said last night. He said no deals which means he will try to present a Queen's speech based on a Labour manifesto (assuming he has the most seats) and hopes that the SNP will vote for it with the alternative being a Conservative government.

I am very worried about the polls because I think that there might be a lot of embarressed tories who won't say to a pollster they will vote Tory but in the privacy of the Polling Station they will.

1992 all over again. Only worse.

Apologies if I have offended anyone tonight but I am sick of reading all the rubbish that is being spewed out online about the election.

However I do want to leave you with this thought if either Cameron or Milliband win a majority it will be wafer thin and probably less stable than any coalition or deal.

I do not think we will have to wait until 2020 for the next election.

Is anyone up for a game of by-election bingo after May 7th?

Apologies if I have offended anyone tonight but I am sick of reading all the rubbish that is being spewed out online about the election.

However I do want to leave you with this thought if either Cameron or Milliband win a majority it will be wafer thin and probably less stable than any coalition or deal.

I do not think we will have to wait until 2020 for the next election.

Is anyone up for a game of by-election bingo after May 7th?

Count me in. I am of the opinion that there will be another General Election sooner rather than later. And if that doesn't resolve matters, we are looking at PR and parties being forced to work together.