themaninblack

The Dead Of 2015

How many people immediately thought this said John Sebastian?

*raises hand*

SC

Er no. The Mexican along with the 64 were the main distinguishers. Oh, and the name Joan of course.

Michael Meacham, actor and former artistic director at The Citizens Theatre and Leicester's Haymarket Theatre, died on April 25 in France, aged 83. https://www.thestage.co.uk/features/obituaries/2015/obituary-michael-meacham/

I'm too young to remember him in anything except Get Some In!, in which he played Group Captain Chato. Accordingly he would have been one of my picks for next year. Sad loss, seems to have been an illustrious career.

Medical: https://youtu.be/zGVlRqMB0-k

Former rugby international, English reverend and academic historian Owen Chadwick, aged 98.

Coe, dumbass.

Another of those 'coincidences', as I was looking at the cast for the original SNL only a few hours ago, after doing the old Linky Linky from Alex Rocco.

• Like 1

Rosaline Rowe, who became a world table-tennis champion in the 1950s, has died at the age of 82. She got obituaries in all of the broadsheets, which means it would be worth keeping her twin sister Diane in mind as she was also a table tennis world champion.

A bit of googling found some research - albeit from 1948 - stating the average time which passes between the deaths of identical twin sisters over sixty is two and a half years.

• Like 4

I'm sure he had a thread of his own. We should start a thread for the main protaganists in Columbo because Theodor Bikel is the latest of many to die this year along with Leonard Nimoy and Louis Jourdan

I looked for a thread for him but couldn't find any! I was surprised!!!! The articles say he was very healthy up to the end though, so maybe he slipped through the cracks!

I'm sure he had a thread of his own. We should start a thread for the main protaganists in Columbo because Theodor Bikel is the latest of many to die this year along with Leonard Nimoy and Louis Jourdan

I looked for a thread for him but couldn't find any! I was surprised!!!! The articles say he was very healthy up to the end though, so maybe he slipped through the cracks!

A few years ago I vaguely remember him having some health issues, and I had him in one of my deadpools for a couple of years, then dropped him because he seemed to be fine health after that.

A few years ago I vaguely remember him having some health issues, and I had him in one of my deadpools for a couple of years, then dropped him because he seemed to be fine health after that.

I was planning to drop him next year.

I was planning to drop him next year.

We should wait on a thread until Peter Falk goes.

• Like 2

Joseph McMahon, 24, American television producer shot dead. Ironically he was the producer of Deadliest Catch.

• Like 1

Long lost British star from the 1950s who was a favourite of Hitchcock Nova Pilbeam has died at 95 http://www.independent.co.uk/news/obituaries/nova-pilbeam-alfred-hitchcocks-star-who-vanished-from-view-10402905.html

I'm sure there was a topic for Desert Island Discs but alas, I can't bloody find it.

Anyway, Pilbeam was the LAST living person to have appeared as a guest on the show during the 1940s.

There are 22 people still alive who appeared on the show during the 1950s:

Petula Clark / b. 1932

Sally Ann Howes / b. 1930

Vera Lynn / b. 1917

Sheila Sim / b. 1922

Peggy Cummins / b. 1925

Tony Mottram / b. 1920

Edward Allcard / b. 1914

Claire Bloom / b. 1931

Stirling Moss / b. 1929

Leslie Caron / b. 1931

Shirley Abicair / b. 1930

Janette Scott / b. 1938

Tommy Steele / b. 1936

David Attenborough / b. 1926

Beryl Grey / b. 1927

Cleo Laine / b. 1927

Harry Belafonte / b. 1927

Elizabeth Seal / b. 1933

June Paul / b. 1934

Chris Barber / b. 1930

Judy Grinham / b. 1939

Sylvia Syms / b. 1934

• Like 2

Guest No. 1 Degenerate

Actress Peg Lynch who wrote and starred in the comedy series Ethel and Albert in the 1940s and 50s has died at 98 https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peg_Lynch

Was the surname Square?

Wikipedia isn't a news source my Guest friends. I applaud your efforts, and have had to resort to Wiki a couple times myself, but try chasing down an obit. Usually the Wiki entry has a source and a link can be found there.

SirC

PS also look for a proper category to toss the dead into if you can. I know not everyone is aware of all 70 of them not even me, but Hollywood and TV personalities are always posted vs maybe a chamber music composer.