43. Gene Hackman

44. Rip Thorn

45. Ian Holm

46. Monica Vitti

47. Brian Blessed

48. Mary Tyler Moore

49. Tommy Chong

50. Jan-Michael Vincent

I'm not finding Rip Thorn Wolfy. Might that be Rip Torn?

Abe Vigoda died years ago your list needs a replacement Wolverine

Still alive

LOTS of people think old Abe Vigoda died some years ago; he looked like he was ready to topple-over back in 1977, so can hardly blame'em too much for this mistake.

Abe Vigoda died years ago your list needs a replacement Wolverine

Still alive

Abe Vigoda is still around somewhere, either behind the scenes or backstage anywhere.

I would suggest David Frankham (90) as a possibility;his voice work on One Hundred and One Dalmatians (1961) alone probably insures him a t least a brief obituary on both side of the Atlantic. he was the main villain in Return of the Fly (1959) as well as appearing in numerous other sci-fi series over the years even being one of the designers of Kirk's Enterprise. ( the one who goes completely off it after looking at the hideous alien in a 3rd season installment).

Others have mentioned Robert Wagner whom I also think is a good possibility.

Speaking of the original The Fly (1958), former juvenile actor Charles Herbert died this past Halloween day @ 66, although am unsure if he received an UK obituary. Like many former child stars, once hematured, Hollywood stopped calling, and he fell into drug abuse for a good many years. Surprised he lasted as long as he did, but had been clean for a decade or so at time of his death. He was a regular on the obscure "Yank" sci-fi TV seriesMen into Space (1959-1960).

Robert Fuller (82) might be worthy; he was in many westerns, TV and films(Return of the Seven), then co-starred in the long-running Jack Webb TV series Emergency!. Fuller also appeared in the infamous John Agar 1950's sci-fi dud The Brain from Planet Arous (1957). Stephen King has stated that his inspiration for Carrie somehow had its roots in this piece of schlock. Somebody may have already suggested him.

Mitzi Gaynor (85) is probably well-known enough for a UK obituary given she has had a long career as an actress an singer aswell.

Hello Death List ..... so many years playing along without joining in the conversation ..... time to join before I become part of the annual statistics.

Good fortune to everyone out there. Here is my 1st attempt shadow list for 2016:

1)Zsa Zsa Gabor, 2)João Havelange, 3)Herman Wouk, 4)Billy Graham, 5)Olivia De Havilland, 6)Javier Perez de Cuellar, 7)Kirk Douglas, 8)Clive James, 9)Valerie Harper, 10)Martin Crowe, 11)Leslie Phillips, 12)Joost van der Westhuizen, 13)Denis Norden, 14)Jake Lamotta, 15)Cliff Michelmore, 16)Nancy Reagan, 17)Hosni Mubarak, 18)Chuck Berry, 19)Richard Adams, 20)Muhammad Ali (floating butterfly), 21)Michael Anderson (Logan’s Run), 22)Daniel arap Moi (African politician), 23)Roger Bannister (3m 59.4s), 24)Boutros Boutros-Ghali (UN), 25)Barbara Bush (1st lady), 26)Pierre Cardin (Haute Couture), 27)Jimmy Carter (Peanut farmer), 28)Carol Channing (Thoroughly Modern Millie), 29)Piet de Jong (old Dutch), 30)Len Deighton (a Berlin Funeral), 31)Frank Dickens (Bristow), 32)Stanley Donen (On the Town), 33)Fenella Fielding (Carry On Screaming), 34)William Frankland (immune to death), 35)Benny Golson (be-bop), 36)Juliette Gréco (chanson), 37)Hal Holbrook (presidents man), 38)Robert Horton (wagons roll), 39)Jim Lovell (Apollo 13), 40)Hardy Krüger (38th SS), 41)Neville Marriner (in the Fields), 42)Michael Medwin (Army Game), 43)Desmond Morris (Naked Ape), 44)Carl Reiner (act, write, direct), 45)Debbie Reynolds (1955 Hasty Pudding Woman of the Year), 46)David Rockefeller (more money), 47)William Russell (Dr Who companion), 48)Douglas Slocombe (Ealing master), 49)Clint Walker (Cheyenne Bodie), 50)Haskell Wexler (a life in film).

Hi Wickerman.Some very good suggestions there indeed!William Frankland is a good pick and someone I assumed died many years ago!Stil, going at 103:Bloody hell.Haskell Wexler died yesterday though.I do think though that you have perhaps got rid of too many mainstream picks such as LaMotta , Bush ,Castro and Lynn.I also think you should definately consider bringing back Hawking and adding Howard Marks ,Tony Booth and Rob Ford.

Thank you Shaun my friend. Wexler departs too early ... sad ... enter Martin Crowe as 12th man. Your thoughts are worthy, however I set myself a target of no more than 40% from the existing list ... s'pose I shall live or die by this decision .... just hoping no one else leaves the stage early!

Few suggestions to put forward for next year:

Lee Montague turns 89, he was the first Jacknory story teller and the star of 50s/60s Blood Island film series

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lee_Montague

Glyn Houston, Welsh actor will be 90, he starred alongside Roger Moore in 'The Sea Wolves' (1980) though probably more widely known on these boards for his two appearances in 'Doctor Who'.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glyn_Houston

Nicole Maurey, famed French actress, 91 next December, Charlton Heston's leading lady in 'Secret of the Incas' (1954) often cited as the insipiration for 'Raiders of the lost Ark' (1981).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nicole_Maurey

Glyn Houston, Welsh actor will be 90, he starred alongside Roger Moore in 'The Sea Wolves' (1980) though probably more widely known on these boards for his two appearances in 'Doctor Who'.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glyn_Houston

Now there's a sad fahkin commentary.

SC

Ronald King.

You know, the boy that's just shot his wife dead in the care home .

The old bat had dementia, so if he did it out of love, then he'll follow this year for sure.

If on the other hand he's played a blinder, he'll live for decades.

My methodology, could safely replace 'if she floats she's a witch' when they bring that back :)

Castor Cantero. At 96, he's the only remaining player from Paraguay's World Cup squad of some year, I can't remember.

I don't know if he's been mentioned but Tony Britton might be a worthy pick (at the bottom of the top 50 anyway. He's 92 in June 2016 and will get an obit. Fern Britton's dad, starred in Robins Nest and that other 80s sitcom, Don't Wait Up with Nigel Havers. Also had roles in films like The Day Of The Jackal. Like Geoffrey Bayldon he's knocking on, hasn't worked for a couple of years from what I've seen and is a maybe IMO...

Written on boxing day....

After being a CORRIE fan all my life, I am missing Steve MacDonald the press tells us he suffers with depression, and there is talk he is to be axed from the show. I would like you all to share this post as a way of showing the actor, that fans want him back and his presence is important to us the viewers. Maybe this post will show them how we feel. PLEASE LIKE & SHARE and add a comment if you wish!

I doubt my 'sack the shithead, he's probably a kiddy fiddling junkie' will last long, but hopefully he sees it first..

• Like 1

former baseball player Joe Garagiola Sr (90) might well be a good pick,one who may not have been suggested yet. I'm rather newn here, so I may bge mistaken. He was a broadcaster with NBC for many years, then others,so his passing will presumably receive some mention in the UK.

Loretta Swit has probably be suggested before; she definitely look unhealthy although still seems fairly robust from what little I have seen of her in recent years.

Understand Bill Cosby has finally been charged formally today(the 30th here, still), and so think this ups the chances of his passing in '16.

Put it in spoilers first ffs.

And if you don't know how, learn fuckin fast.

She's been suggested in the past, but singer Loretta Lynn might be a good choice for '16.(80). She's looks terrible, and reportedly has numerous health issues.

She's got lots of dates lined up for 2016. Mind you, so did Motorhead...

Unsure who Charon was smarting-off to - hope it wasn't myself.

Anyhow, John Llewelyn Moxey is a good candidate to depart fairly soon (91); some body was complaining about movie directors. Moxeywas most acrtive in TV, but has some film credits, I think. Directed original Night Stalker TV film, + a lot of US & UK TV series.

Somebody probably has already mentioned her, Barbara Steele(79) is maybe List-worthy.

No shroud, it was a couple of posts with 50 fucking names, that thankfully the mods have moved.

Point well-made, Vinegar; Loretta Lynn keeps staggering along, although it will surprise me if she lasts terribly longer given the # of health problems accumulating for the old gal.

same with Willie Nelson who's rumoured to be well into COPD, possibly some heart issues also as they often go together, it seems.

Dolly Parton, a bit more difficult a call; she's never really been very large woman despite her well-known - enhancements, shall we say? - which gave an impression of her being larger a person than she actually is.

Oh,, thanks for clearing up matters, Charon! I am kind of new at this myself, keep in mind.