2GLBEIm.png

Seriously, there'll be NO revelations left for the inevitable biopic, unless - of course - he turns up on 1 April with a family sized bargain bucket of KFC and tells us it was all a wind up.

He tweeted about an hour ago. Damn this iPad. I still can't copy and paste from Twitter.

I don't give a shit as long as I get my stick of rock! :D

He tweeted about an hour ago. Damn this iPad. I still can't copy and paste from Twitter.

Sorry cat. Security wouldn't let me take it on to the 'plane. They said it resembled a stick of dynamite. ;-)

• Like 1

Sorry cat. Security wouldn't let me take it on to the 'plane. They said it resembled a stick of dynamite. ;-)

Aw bugger! Such is life! :(

https://twitter.com/simonsam/status/572235400757968896/photo/1

Getting his lungs drained.

This can't be a good sign, my great-grandmother was admitted to the hospital in January for having too much water in her lungs and she died within a few weeks. But in the other hand, she was 96 and Simon is 59. But on the OTHER hand, she didn't have cancer to worsen the situation.

• Like 1

B_D9EKTU0AAUEZ1.jpg

Now that's a lot of fluid. He's fucked.

B_D9EKTU0AAUEZ1.jpg

Now that's a lot of fluid. He's fucked.

Or he's posing with someone else's drainings!

Just checked his Twitter.

Somebody posted a photo of him with some person (forgot who) and it was in black in white.

It kind of seems like it was a "flashback photo" of "one of the best moments I had with Sam", you know something you would post after a death. So either he died and it was unannounced for some reason, or he's extremely close to death.

• Like 1

Somebody posted a photo of him with some person (forgot who) and it was in black in white.

It kind of seems like it was a "flashback photo" of "one of the best moments I had with Sam", you know something you would post after a death. So either he died and it was unannounced for some reason, or he's extremely close to death.

Indeed! It's a picture with a "John Blaine" who has also written something related on his facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10153157465388781

Either it's really the end or Simon is thinking about stopping the treatment or even assisted suicide.

• Like 1

Indeed! It's a picture with a "John Blaine" who has also written something related on his facebook page:

Either it's really the end or Simon is thinking about stopping the treatment or even assisted suicide.

Some excellent detective work mates!

SC

Some excellent detective work mates!

SC

If they are right....

Sam won`t commit suicide.His determination to live is clear.The tweets are clearly in relation to his treatment stopping working which means he probably has weeks at most to live due the advanced stage of his illness..He has also had a number of complications with his blood infection and port and has also had organ draining etc which has highlighted his dire situation to those around him.

• Like 1

"Stopping treatment" would make no sense. Doctors briefed him that the chemo ceased to be effective, and since it wasn't the first drug combo that they tried (the first line treatment also stopped working a while ago), there are likely no viable options left for him (and his doctors) that could extend his life.

Any treatment that he still gets is likely palliative in nature (painkillers/sedatives etc.), so stopping them would only make things worse for him.

I agree with Shaun of the Dead that he doesn't seem to be the type that'd opt for suicide, and even if he's in pain and discomfort, he'd surely think about his girlfriend ( http://t.co/5zYU0EMQk1 ) and fight til his last breath. On the other hand, he could accidentally overdose ona tivan or opioids since his carers would likely care more about his suffering than the long-term effects of his excessive drug intake.

Edited by GossipGabe

Is it bad that I'm literally checking his Twitter account every half hour just waiting to see the tweet "Sam passed away peacefully today at __PM in his sleep".

I mean, it's not that I want him to die... but, well... you Deathlisters probably know that feeling when you just know the person is going to die and you just keep waiting for updates even though you liked them.

It's not evil, is it?

I'm not a bad person, am I?

Guest Guest

no but you just have to develop some patience.All things will come to those who wait....

Is it bad that I'm literally checking his Twitter account every half hour just waiting to see the tweet "Sam passed away peacefully today at __PM in his sleep".

I mean, it's not that I want him to die... but, well... you Deathlisters probably know that feeling when you just know the person is going to die and you just keep waiting for updates even though you liked them.

It's not evil, is it?

I'm not a bad person, am I?

Not a bad person, but perhaps slightly obsessive.

no but you just have to develop some patience.All things will come to those who wait....

What if the next guy waiting is a jihadi with a rucksak?

Not necessarily, i have been waiting for about 10 years for Zsa Zsa Gabor to die and it still hasn't happened, beginning to think it will never happen.

Not necessarily, i have been waiting for about 10 years for Zsa Zsa Gabor to die and it still hasn't happened, beginning to think it will never happen.

Peter Falk she ain't!

Guest Watcher

I think your horrible! But I do it too.

'Twas another 'best of' radio show last night....

No tweets in 3 days.

Can't be a good sign.

I mean, the guy usually tweets 20 times per day.

No tweets in 3 days.

Can't be a good sign.

I mean, the guy usually tweets 20 times per day.

That's kind of understandable.

His doctors told him that his chemo stopped working, so they can't do anything for him besides giving him sedatives and painkillers. I guess he also feels depressed 'cause he knows what this means. His quality of life would only get worse from this point and he only has weeks if not days to live.

One thing that is common in terminal cancer patients near the end of their lives is that they always feel tired even though they sleep a lot and don't move around much. And in Sam's case, sedatives can also contribute to that since he asks for large (perhaps larger than recommended) doses from his nurses. As he's a terminal patient in constant pain and discomfort, they have no reason to deny his requests since tolerance/addiction is now a lesser concern.

But if you still want tweets, you could also follow his staff and friends at http://twitter.com/samsimonnews and his girlfriend at http://twitter.com/katastraphe007 . They might be the first channels to announce his eventual demise...

• Like 1

I imagine catastrophe has the keys to his account, so no tweets means fuck all.

Hers is the one to watch..