- - - - -

Andy Fordham - Will he retain his liver? What do you think ?

172 replies to this topic

Poll: Andy Fordham will he retain his title ???

Andy Fordham will he retain his title ???

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#101 Magere Hein

Film land, Homer!

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,703 posts

Posted 15 January 2007 - 07:52 AM

View PostLard Bazaar, on Jan 14 2007, 09:53 PM, said:

Just slightly off topic, but what an exciting final it was tonight!
It was great entertainment, what a fight. Adams finally got his title, but Nixon also deserved it. Kudos to both players.

regards,
Hein
DDP 2014 team The Grey Horde:
King Abdullah of Saudi Arabia, Ayman al-Zawahiri, Lys Assia, Sister Wendy Beckett, Ryan Buell Posted Image,Jacques Chirac, Felix Dennis, Aretha Franklin, Ruth Bader Ginsburg, Marilyn Horne, Clive James, General Wojciech Jaruzelski, Wilko Johnson, Helmut Kohl, Joseph Kony, Misao Okawa, Bernie Madoff, Robert Mugabe, Julie Newmar, Michael Schumacher

DDP 2014 theme team Minions of Xuleneb:
King Albert II, Princess Beatrix, Prince Bernhard jr, Elco Brinkman, Corry Brokken, Dick Bruna, Raymond Ceulemans, Godfried Danneels, Piet de Jong, Mark Eyskens, Queen Fabiola Of Belgium Posted Image, Jan Janssen, Grand Duke Jean I of Luxembourg, Wubbo Ockels, Fernando Ricksen, Kees Rijvers, Wim Ruska, Toots Thielemans, Martinus J. G. Veltman, Geert Wilders

#102 maryportfuncity

Dedicated Cumbrian Corpse Hound, or summat

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,258 posts

Posted 15 January 2007 - 10:19 AM

Yeah, it's surely rekindled some interest in the sport. I feel a meeting of both world champions coming on, and a sizeable television audience checking it out.
Posted Image

Maryport is a disappointment for which there is no cure, but the annual Deathrace thread hereabouts provides welcome distraction.

#103 Bald rick

Shipman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 310 posts

Posted 13 February 2007 - 02:40 PM

He's had a stroke.
When you're younger, you can eat what you like, drink what you like and still climb into your 26 inch waist trousers and zip them closed. Then you reach that age, 24, 25, when your muscles give up, they wave a little white flag and then without any warning at all, you're suddenly a fat bastard.

#104 No Mere Nosebleed

Morbid interest

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 13 February 2007 - 03:39 PM

View PostBald rick, on Feb 13 2007, 02:40 PM, said:

He's had a stroke.

8 litres of fluid drained from his lungs, apparantly. Didn't know that beer accumulated on the lungs.
The footless path has many leghorns.

#105 Death in Vegas

Hatchet man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 13 February 2007 - 06:08 PM

He's surely got to get the message now that he's heading for an early grave unless he changes his lifestyle. 25 bottles of beer before every match is ridiculous. Heaven forbid he ever runs a happy hour at his pub. I know he did that celebrity fat/fit club but that doesn't seem to have made any difference and if he carries on the way he is I'd be surprised if he made it to 50.
My only regret, is that I have...boneitis.

#106 maryportfuncity

• Members
  • 11,258 posts

Posted 13 February 2007 - 09:29 PM

Friend of a friend on the phone tonight; can't source the following etc etc.

But: The stroke kicked in earlier than they're letting on, probably as a result of persistently high blood pressure brought on by nerves ahead of the first round of the world championship and the stress of finding himself in hospital and the procedures they had to do. Since when the other health complications mean he's got to stop drinking, now! Not a well man, at all. If they don't get on top of it pronto the Viking's battles on the oche may be history. Probably gonna live, mind. He kicked the beer a while back but replacing those with white wine spritzers all day probably wasn't his smartest decision.

He's also lost at least six stone, dropping down to a mere twenty as we speak. The Rose pub in Dartford is history and he's looking to move near Crawley.
Posted Image

Maryport is a disappointment for which there is no cure, but the annual Deathrace thread hereabouts provides welcome distraction.

#107 DevonDeathTrip

Tractor Eater

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,070 posts

Posted 17 June 2007 - 08:08 PM

Andy Fordham has given an interview about the stroke he suffered earlier in the year. Sad to see that he is still unable to throw a dart, I hope he eventually makes it back to our TV screens, but it could be a while.

"He also admitted doctors were forced to drain 18 [not 8 as previously mentioned on this thread] litres of fluid from his lungs when he was admitted to hospital but that initial efforts failed as they could not find a needle long enough to go through his bulk."

Get well soon Andy! :P
Sometimes when we see the eyes- those horrible times when we see the eyes,eyes that ... that have no soul - then we know a darkness.

#108 Octopus of Odstock

Post twunt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,831 posts

Posted 08 October 2007 - 11:45 AM

He's lost 7 stone, given up drinking & is back playing darts

Good to see, and I for one, have removed him from my DDP list for 2008.

#109 maryportfuncity

• Members
  • 11,258 posts

Posted 08 October 2007 - 11:48 AM

Couldn't happen to a nicer guy, seriously.

Go well!
Posted Image

#110 Godot

In a minute

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,860 posts

Posted 08 October 2007 - 01:35 PM

View PostOctopus of Odstock, on Oct 8 2007, 12:45 PM, said:

He's lost 7 stone, given up drinking & is back playing darts

Good to see, and I for one, have removed him from my DDP list for 2008.
If MPFC's post of Feb 13 is correct it seems he's put on a stone. Twenty One stone and all that new competition stress. I wouldn't rush to strike him off OoO.
Ring down the curtain, the farce is over

#111 maryportfuncity

• Members
  • 11,258 posts

Posted 08 October 2007 - 03:56 PM

It was friend of a friend stuff so I can't personally swear to the accuracy of the estimated weight. I'm guessing the competition stress might be less than the stress of sitting around and wondering where the next cheque is coming from. Given the life he's lived you wouldn't bet on him collecting too much of the old age pension, but I don't think he's a goner right away.

I'll e-mail the person who knows somebody who knows Andy.
Posted Image

#112 CarolAnn

What's the character limit?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,552 posts

Posted 09 October 2007 - 02:13 AM

Well, whatever he's regained or whatever this picture is amazing: http://en.wikipedia....ge:PhpThumb.jpg

I hope he keeps it off.
Whenever I feel blue, I start breathing again.

#113 maryportfuncity

• Members
  • 11,258 posts

Posted 15 November 2007 - 09:16 AM

Despite the liver damage he was fairly upbeat and chipper on GMTV this morning, or so someone at work just told me.

Daily Mail article with picture of new 16 stone Andy.
Posted Image

#114 Lord Fellatio Nelson

Post twunt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,131 posts

Posted 15 November 2007 - 07:50 PM

View Postmaryportfuncity, on Nov 15 2007, 09:16 AM, said:

Despite the liver damage he was fairly upbeat and chipper on GMTV this morning, or so someone at work just told me.

Daily Mail article with picture of new 16 stone Andy.
I saw him on the TV, just before I left for work.
Good God!!!
He has lost 10 stone ( mostly off of his face, by the look of it) and if it wasnt for the beard and the 1970s Footballers haircut, you would not believe it was him.
Fair play to the fella.
2014 Hartlepool Deadly Pool Team: The Wankers Arms PH
Candidates:
Olivia De Havilland
Carol Channing
Eli Wallach
Kirk Douglas
Jimmy Hill
Luise Ranier
Abe Vigoda
Paul Gascoigne
Clifton James
Sid Caesar

Subs: Maureen O'Hara and Christopher Lee

#115 maryportfuncity

• Members
  • 11,258 posts

Posted 01 January 2008 - 06:47 PM

Hefty article in today's Daily Mail which is fairly open about the damage to his liver and the efforts he's making to stay healthy. That level of liver damage could be a problem - however well he looks after himself from now on - in his fifties. He is a top bloke though, so I wish him well.
Posted Image

#116 Guest_Guest_*

• Guests

Posted 05 January 2008 - 01:08 PM

BDO World Champs start today. Andy won't be regaining his title in 2008, as he was knocked out in the qualifying stages in November.

#117 in eternum+

Post-Twunt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,229 posts

Posted 07 January 2008 - 01:58 AM

Ah, Lakeside. Sadly, Monsieur Fordham is not gracing the the stage with his presence; nor, despite my best efforts, am I gracing the audience with mine. I've still got plans and dreams though. Many of you here might remember what they entail; I certainly haven't forgotten. I'm now aiming for 2009, so keep your eyes peeled when the TV coverage starts!

With regard to the early stages of this year, I'm SO pleased that Rubbish John Boy Walton and Cry-Me-A-River Tony David are out! out! out! Early indications are that it's shaping up to be a rollicking finale - hurrah!

Posted Image
Proud to be Old Skool

#118 maryportfuncity

• Members
  • 11,258 posts

Posted 09 July 2008 - 08:20 AM

Looking bad, our man is in need of a new liver.
Posted Image

#119 Cowboy Ronnie

I Need To Get A Life!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,994 posts

Posted 09 July 2008 - 09:24 AM

View Postmaryportfuncity, on Jul 9 2008, 09:20 AM, said:

Looking bad, our man is in need of a new liver.

Cirrhosis, needs a new liver, used to drink 20 pints a day (and then move on to the hard stuff), got up to 30 stone, now a recovering alcoholic, and what does he do for a living? He owns a pub. Fantastic. It's like Pete Doherty and Amy Winehouse running a pharmacy.

#120 maryportfuncity

• Members
  • 11,258 posts

Posted 09 July 2008 - 10:05 AM

Not quite, Andy's wife is the publican because it's her name on the licence. The running joke was simply he was the best customer. Though, you'd have to question the wisdom of them living in a pub now. I'm guessing that - financially - they need her income to keep going. He earned well for a while but his current activities involve 'smaller' tournaments and the article doesn't mention any victories. So it's kinda like Hurricane Higgins trying to fight his way back into the top 16 by taking matches wherever he could. That one didn't quite work out.
Posted Image

Reply to this topic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users