Spade_Cooley

Morrissey

A sample:

“At this, Eliza and Ezra rolled together into the one giggling snowball of full-figured copulation, screaming and shouting as they playfully bit and puled at each other in a dangerous and clamorous rollercoaster coil of sexually violent rotation with Eliza’s breasts barrel-rolled across Ezra’s howling mouth and the pained frenzy of his bulbous salutation extenuating his excitement as it whacked and smacked its way into every muscle of Eliza’s body except for the otherwise central zone.”

This looks to me like a case of having and eating the same cake, he's gleefully mocking and celebrating overwrought prose, probs achieving the similarly hard task of laughing all the way to the bank.

I'm certainly tempted to get it from the library. :P

• Like 1

A sample:

“At this, Eliza and Ezra rolled together into the one giggling snowball of full-figured copulation, screaming and shouting as they playfully bit and puled at each other in a dangerous and clamorous rollercoaster coil of sexually violent rotation with Eliza’s breasts barrel-rolled across Ezra’s howling mouth and the pained frenzy of his bulbous salutation extenuating his excitement as it whacked and smacked its way into every muscle of Eliza’s body except for the otherwise central zone.”

This looks to me like a case of having and eating the same cake, he's gleefully mocking and celebrating overwrought prose, probs achieving the similarly hard task of laughing all the way to the bank.

That page just sold me a book!

Has he ever had sex?

A sample:

Has he ever had sex?

Apart from with himself?

A sample:

Has he ever had sex?

Apart from with himself?

Today's Guardian has an intelligent and sympathetic review of the whole thing that doesn't shirk from its shortcomings - meanders from plot, impenitrable phrasing and the fact Morrissey appears pig ignorant of subject details - for all that it throws the best and worst lines in with such regularity that it makes the book look like a phrase-fest of the highest order. Mine still hasn't shown up, but it'll get demolished when it does.

A sample:

Has he ever had sex?

Apart from with himself?

Today's Guardian has an intelligent and sympathetic review of the whole thing that doesn't shirk from its shortcomings - meanders from plot, impenitrable phrasing and the fact Morrissey appears pig ignorant of subject details - for all that it throws the best and worst lines in with such regularity that it makes the book look like a phrase-fest of the highest order. Mine still hasn't shown up, but it'll get demolished when it does.

He wins the bad sex award:

http://www.theguardian.com/books/2015/dec/01/morrissey-wins-bad-sex-award-fiction-debut-novel-list-of-the-lost

A sample:

Has he ever had sex?

Apart from with himself?

He never had no one ever...

• Like 2

A sample:

Has he ever had sex?

Apart from with himself?

Him and Johnny Marr was partners for a while

A sample:

Has he ever had sex?

Apart from with himself?

Bollocks they were

In other news, sex scenes like the stonker above have now won Morrissey the bad sex prize for the worst depiction of sex act(s) in a new novel during the last year. If there was a podium it's likely that List of the Lost would have taken gold, silver and bronze such is its jaw dropping achievement in this area.

A sample:

Has he ever had sex?

Apart from with himself?

Bullshit. He's been married since before the dawn of time.

A sample:

Has he ever had sex?

Apart from with himself?

It was a rumour I heard years ago. Also being married doesn't always prove anything. I know a guy who was married, had several children with his wife then came out as gay.

He's now happily married to his husband, John in South Minneapolis.

A sample:

Has he ever had sex?

Apart from with himself?

It was a rumour I heard years ago. Also being married doesn't always prove anything. I know a guy who was married, had several children with his wife then came out as gay.

Yeah, but Johnny Marr and Morrissey were never partners, regardless of your mate's life-history. It's fairly useful for business if there are unsubstantiated rumours about the sexuality of pop stars. The gay Spice Girl, All Saint or Take That members never turned out to have much substance.

A sample:

Has he ever had sex?

Apart from with himself?

Fair point. It's still bollocks though.

A sample:

At this, Eliza and Ezra rolled together into the one giggling snowball of full-figured copulation, screaming and shouting as they playfully bit and puled at each other in a dangerous and clamorous rollercoaster coil of sexually violent rotation with Elizas breasts barrel-rolled across Ezras howling mouth and the pained frenzy of his bulbous salutation extenuating his excitement as it whacked and smacked its way into every muscle of Elizas body except for the otherwise central zone.

Has he ever had sex?

Apart from with himself?

Yeah, but Johnny Marr and Morrissey were never partners, regardless of your mate's life-history. It's fairly useful for business if there are unsubstantiated rumours about the sexuality of pop stars. The gay Spice Girl, All Saint or Take That members never turned out to have much substance.

Then I retract my comment

By his own admission (in his autobiography) he was having it away for two years with Jake Owen Walters.

He says cancer treatment has slowed him down and aged him considerably:

http://www.standard.co.uk/showbiz/celebrity-news/morrissey-cancer-treatment-has-slowed-me-down-a3320616.html

hmm...

FFS Does he ever stop whinging?*

"Oh these doctors are trying to save my life, it's so tiring, boo hoo!" Prick.

*Yeah, I know. He doesn't.

He says cancer treatment has slowed him down and aged him considerably:

http://www.standard.co.uk/showbiz/celebrity-news/morrissey-cancer-treatment-has-slowed-me-down-a3320616.html

hmm...

Well I fucking hope he is on form this Saturday, my daughter is driving up to Manchester to see him 'live'

Considering the eye watering cost of the tickets, the bastard had better be 'live' and full value or summat.

Morrissey set for comeback after "fighting cancer":

http://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/bigmouth-signs-again-morrissey-set-10234900

He had to cancel a gig in Mexico last week after losing his voice. He also says recording his last album, or to be more precise, working with THAT record company, almost killed him.

Bit of a drama queen mind. I mean, the bit about working with Harvest Records nearly killing him. That's a first world problem right there. Another side of that argument suggest Morrissey has this perverse trait of insisting that his material is released with the right branding (bear in mind he insisted Parlophone release him once and his autobiography is the only book published immediately by Penguin Classics) only to punt out product that doesn't hit the sales or critical heights associated with said brand. Overall; I'm a fan but not one who'd choose to spend time shooting the breeze with the guy.

• Like 1

Well, it was this "nearly killed me" that led me to post this. I was wondering if it was known that he actually had cancer, not just Barrett's syndrome, but indeed, we knew.

On 15/08/2016 at 18:15, msc said:

I stand by my opinion from a few months back.

Some nice songs in The Smiths, but whiny sod.