#241 football_fan

I have no life

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,617 posts

Posted 31 August 2007 - 05:00 PM

dave, on Aug 18 2007, 03:32 PM, said:

Billy Graham discharged from hospital
"A jury consists of twelve people who determine which client has the better lawyer".
- Robert Frost

#242 dave

Bomber

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 244 posts

Posted 02 September 2007 - 11:14 PM

hes gone home to die :dead3:
I now feel ready to return to deathlist.My return will bring many hits,if the moderators let m e return

#243 The Philosopher

Morbid interest

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 03 September 2007 - 05:59 AM

Billy Graham is a man of untouchable faith and compassion after preaching the gospel for decades. The health of this religious speaker is weary enough for us people too discuss the probability of his demise.

From my knowledge the odds are uncertain of a married couple both passing in the same calender year.

Overall my conclusion on this matter is: Statistics are ironic.

Peace,

The Philosopher

The enemy of the conventional wisdom is not ideas but the march of events. John Kenneth Galbraith, The Affluent Society (1958).

#244 maryportfuncity

Dedicated Cumbrian Corpse Hound, or summat

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,974 posts

Posted 03 September 2007 - 08:00 AM

Quite a few married couples pass in the same year, especially if they've been married a long time. Jim Callaghan and his missus gave us such an example last year. I'm banking on Betty Ford delivering the goods soonish as well.
Posted Image

Maryport is a disappointment for which there is no cure, but the annual Deathrace thread hereabouts provides welcome distraction.

#245 dave

Bomber

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 244 posts

Posted 22 September 2007 - 01:08 PM

maryportfuncity, on Sep 3 2007, 08:00 AM, said:

Quite a few married couples pass in the same year, especially if they've been married a long time. Jim Callaghan and his missus gave us such an example last year. I'm banking on Betty Ford delivering the goods soonish as well.
thats impossible
I now feel ready to return to deathlist.My return will bring many hits,if the moderators let m e return

#246 Banshees Scream

Dwarf tosser

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,424 posts

Posted 22 September 2007 - 07:07 PM

thats impossible

Dieing? I'll say no.

Delivering the goods?

Back Down! It's not Halloween until mid October!

#247 To die for

Shipman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 292 posts

Posted 24 September 2007 - 04:44 PM

Banshees Scream, on Sep 22 2007, 08:07 PM, said:

thats impossible

Dieing? I'll say no.

Delivering the goods?

Halloween is mid October, since when? Posted Image
Death provokes the desire but takes away the performance - Gatekeeper (Macbeth)

Aargh!! How long has it taken for me to notice?

Not as long as it took for me to notice that you'd noticed.
-NAP

Phew!

#248 Canadian Paul

uber twunt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,132 posts

Posted 24 September 2007 - 10:40 PM

To die for, on Sep 24 2007, 11:44 AM, said:

Banshees Scream, on Sep 22 2007, 08:07 PM, said:

thats impossible

Dieing? I'll say no.

Delivering the goods?

Halloween is mid October, since when? Posted Image

Since stores wanted to capitalize on a pagan holiday and started selling decorations, candy and other Halloween-themed items weeks ahead. Same reason that Christmas begins in November these days.
Twunt Master Series (August 2007 - January 2008) (January 2008 - June 2008) (July 2008 - April 2009) (April 2009 - January 2010)

Uber Twunt Series (January 2010 - ?)

I still owe NAP

#249 Banshees Scream

Dwarf tosser

• Members
  • 5,424 posts

Posted 25 September 2007 - 03:57 AM

Since stores wanted to capitalize on a pagan holiday and started selling decorations, candy and other Halloween-themed items weeks ahead. Same reason that Christmas begins in November these days.

I'm one of those people that don't mind Holidays, but really I don't even want to hear about Christmas until like December 1st. All these 50% off sales.

For me it completely ruins the spirit of holidays to walk into a store and see wreaths hanging in October. Now to me 'that's jingle bells' It's aggravating.

#250 To die for

Shipman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 292 posts

Posted 25 September 2007 - 04:44 PM

Banshees Scream, on Sep 25 2007, 04:57 AM, said:

I'm one of those people that don't mind Holidays, but really I don't even want to hear about Christmas until like December 1st. All these 50% off sales.

For me it completely ruins the spirit of holidays to walk into a store and see wreaths hanging in October. Now to me 'that's jingle bells' It's aggravating.
I have to agree, the supermarkets are already selling "festive" things and that really bugs me, but time off work for any excuse for a piss up religious holiday is fine by me. I don't get a Halloween holiday though which is quite disappointing.
Death provokes the desire but takes away the performance - Gatekeeper (Macbeth)

Aargh!! How long has it taken for me to notice?

Not as long as it took for me to notice that you'd noticed.
-NAP

Phew!

#251 dave

Bomber

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 244 posts

Posted 28 September 2007 - 01:04 PM

ITS IMPOSSIBLE THATTHEY COULD both die in same calender year since he died in 2006 and its now 2007 unless Betty Ford has a Tardis http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/conte...7092602503.html

#252 Windsor

LFN Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,289 posts

Posted 28 September 2007 - 01:22 PM

dave, on Sep 28 2007, 02:04 PM, said:

ITS IMPOSSIBLE THATTHEY COULD both die in same calender year since he died in 2006 and its now 2007 unless Betty Ford has a Tardis http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/conte...7092602503.html

What has the Ford family got to do with the Graham family?
It is still possible for both Grahams to die in 2007.
The question regarding Betty Ford, is whether or not she dies within a year of her late husband. For that to happen, she would need to die anytime before 26th December 2007.
Shadow List 2014.

Wilko Johnson, Muhammed Ali, Helen Fawkes, David Norris, Flora Fraser, Stephen Lewis, Jim Bowen, John Bardon, Albert Reynolds, Rev Billy Graham, Daisy Berkowitz, Wojciech Jaeuzelski, Clive James, Robert Mugabe, George H. W. Bush, Leslie Phillips, Zsa Zsa Gabor, Stephen Hawking, Nancy Reagan, Jeremy Thorpe, Cardinal Keith O'Brien, Tariq Aziz, Murray Walker, Stuart Hall, Luise Rainer, Liz Dawn, Bob Dole, Edgar Ray Killen, Prince Philip, Paul O'Grady, Arthur Scargill, Jalal Talabani, Iain Paisley, Mikhail Gorbachez, Sean Connery, Jimmy Greaves, Sir Nicholas Winton, Sam Simon, Derek Fowlds, Pope Benedict XVI, Richard Attenborough, Harlan Ellison, Fidel Castro, Valerie Harper, Saif al-Isam Megrahi, Queen Fabiola, Ariel Sharon, Liz Smith, Bruce Forsyth, Fred Phelps.

2009: 13/50, 2010: 10/50, 2011: 9/50, 2012: 15/50, 2013:16/50, 2014: 3/50 Winner of the 2010 Dustpool.

#253 GracieJc8

Bomber

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 224 posts

Posted 03 October 2007 - 03:32 PM

The news on Rev. Graham has been relatively quiet since his hospitalization. I suspect that he is not doing well even at home. It is known that he uses a walker and sleeps in a hospital bed in his house.The old boy will be 89 years old in another month. I'm guessing between the death of his wife and his failing health that he does not have a lot of time left. Very often a person who has lost a spouse and is old and declining does not live for very long after their significant other passes on.

#254 Death Impends

Post-Twunt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,078 posts

Posted 07 November 2007 - 10:57 PM

Now 89. Here's an article.
DDP Team - Thomas Jefferson Survives (2014 - 5/20 - Evans, Crowe, Ockels, Jaruzelski, Kasem) (2013 - 11/20, 4th place)

Personal 50: Billy Graham, Wojciech Jaruzelski, Sam Simon, Valerie Harper, Clive James, Wilko Johnson, Casey Kasem, Luise Rainer, Gough Whitlam, Zsa Zsa Gabor, Kirk Douglas, Olivia de Havilland, Eli Wallach, Superstar Billy Graham, Fidel Castro, Pope Benedict XVI, Prince Philip, George H.W. Bush, Albert Reynolds, Werner Franz, June Foray, Janet Waldo, George S. Irving, Henry Heimlich, Ingvar Kamprad, Bob Dole, Al Molinaro, Richard Attenborough, Nancy Reagan, King Abdullah, Helmut Kohl, Gunter Grass, Robert Mugabe, Fred Phelps, Jack Chick, John Glenn, Christopher Lee, Maureen O'Hara, Monty Hall, Bob Barker, James D. Watson, Mikhail Gorbachev, Muhammad Ali, Gershon Kingsley, Aaron Shikler, Lauren Bacall, Sid Caesar, Mickey Rooney, Stephen Hawking, Abe Vigoda (14/50 last year)

#255 GracieJc8

Bomber

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 224 posts

Posted 08 November 2007 - 07:26 PM

anonymous, on Nov 7 2007, 10:57 PM, said:

Now 89. Here's an article.

Yes, I still say he is definitely better to leave on than Oral Roberts. I say we drop Roberts and make Graham along with Mormon Church President Gordon Hinckley, the "preachers" on the 2008 list.

#256 maryportfuncity

• Members
  • 10,974 posts

Posted 08 November 2007 - 09:34 PM

I say we drop Roberts and make Graham along with Mormon Church President Gordon Hinckley, the "preachers" on the 2008 list.

Amen to that,

Coats on!
Posted Image

Maryport is a disappointment for which there is no cure, but the annual Deathrace thread hereabouts provides welcome distraction.

#257 Banshees Scream

Dwarf tosser

• Members
  • 5,424 posts

Posted 11 December 2007 - 11:20 PM

Billy Graham says 'Look at Jesus' and I say 'Look at the preacher' being uninformed of when that image was taken I can only comprehend that it was taken recently. Now does he really look like he is in his last fight?

http://www.christianpost.com/article/20071...esus_Christ.htm

#258 GracieJc8

Bomber

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 224 posts

Posted 22 December 2007 - 02:29 PM

It would be rather ironic if he were to pass away on Christmas Day. The famous evangelist Norman Vincent Peale died in 1993 on x-mas eve.

#259 themaninblack

Pun Plunderer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,127 posts

Posted 22 December 2007 - 08:51 PM

GracieJc8, on Dec 22 2007, 02:29 PM, said:

It would be rather ironic if he were to pass away on Christmas Day. The famous evangelist Norman Vincent Peale died in 1993 on x-mas eve.

That'll do nicely for me...5 extra points for an underperforming DDP season... :(
"I must have killed more men than Cecil B. DeMille."

Gene Wilder as "the Waco Kid", Blazing Saddles (1974)

#260 maryportfuncity

• Members
  • 10,974 posts

Posted 21 January 2008 - 12:56 PM

The Review section of yesterday's observer mentioned 'the late Billy Graham' bet that journo will get a few gentle reminders from his colleagues when Graham ups and dies for real.
Posted Image

Reply to this topic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users