Photo
- - - - -

William ThickeyDLs very own gossip column...If you can be arsed.

• Please log in to reply
109 replies to this topic

#81 Bibliogryphon

Bibliogryphon

Jolly Green Gnat

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,591 posts

Posted 05 October 2015 - 06:22 PM

4 times all of them.

Four times for the first four (with once aloud to my children in a British accent).  Twice for five and six and once for seven.  I have untold hours of fanfiction under my belt and three stories of my own posted. 

Yeah, Harry Potter fan, too.

I read the first one and gave up.

It was not bad, it was extremely derivative, like the bastard love child of Roald Dahl and Enid Blyton and not nearly as entertaining as Jill Murphy' s Worst Witch books which have an almost identical premise but less pompus self importance.

I am an admirer of J.K.Rowling's talent which I would not inlcude writing close to the top but if you want someone versed in self promotion she is your lady.

Mrs B read the second one but it did not invite her to read any of the subsequent ones.

However I did find something that made me more sympathetic towards Ms R and that was when I picked up a copy of Twilight in a book shop and read a couple of pages.......

I am going to stop now or this will have to go in Morbidkid's ranting thread.

• Handrejka and Toast like this

"I appear to have bypassed my good taste chip"

2016 DDP Teams:

Bibliogryphon's Bookworm Food (Theme Team) 1/20
I Can't Believe They're Not Deader 1/20
Unusual Suspects 4/20

2016 Shadow List:

Billy Graham/Zsa Zsa Gabor/Joao Havelange/Olivia de Havilland/Peter Sallis/Muhammad Ali/Mary Tyler Moore/Tony Booth/Paul Gascoigne/Leslie Philips/Liz Dawn/Herman Wouk/Richard Adams/Glenn Campbell/Bhumibol Adulyadej/Denis Norden/Rodney Bewes/Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh/Clive James/Nancy Reagan/Peter Sutcliffe /Douglas Hurd/Martin Crowe/Helmut Kohl/Peter Vaughan/Jimmy Young/Don Rickles/June Brown/Bob Wilson/Mikhail Gorbachov/Grand Duke Jean I of Luxembourg/William Russell/Everton Weekes/Sidney Poitier/Walter Mondale/John Hurt/Dave Whelan/Brian Blessed/Tom Baker/Joni Mitchell/Abdelaziz Bouteflika/Val Kilmer /Robert Mugabe/Valerie Harper/Jimmy Carter /Cher /George Bush Snr/Neil Simon/Gordon Banks/Sheila Sim 3/50 (2015: 7/50)

#82 Handrejka

Handrejka

Manx Minx

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,833 posts

Posted 05 October 2015 - 08:52 PM

4 times all of them.

Four times for the first four (with once aloud to my children in a British accent).  Twice for five and six and once for seven.  I have untold hours of fanfiction under my belt and three stories of my own posted. 

Yeah, Harry Potter fan, too.

I read the first one and gave up.

It was not bad, it was extremely derivative, like the bastard love child of Roald Dahl and Enid Blyton and not nearly as entertaining as Jill Murphy' s Worst Witch books which have an almost identical premise but less pompus self importance.

I am an admirer of J.K.Rowling's talent which I would not inlcude writing close to the top but if you want someone versed in self promotion she is your lady.

Mrs B read the second one but it did not invite her to read any of the subsequent ones.

However I did find something that made me more sympathetic towards Ms R and that was when I picked up a copy of Twilight in a book shop and read a couple of pages.......

I am going to stop now or this will have to go in Morbidkid's ranting thread.

I read the first one too and while it was decent enough it didn't make me want to read anymore, but all the time I was reading it I kept thinking "well this is basically just the Worst Witch isn't it?" 

2013 Alternative 50 final total 13/50 against DL 13/50 - See about me page for more details.
2014 final total 12/50 against DL 10
2015 final total 6/50 against DL 14

2016 3/50)

1 Zza Zza Gabor, 2. Rev Billy Graham 3.Olivia de Havilland 4 Prince Phillip 5,  Kirk Douglas 6 Bumipol Auduljadej 7 Helmut Kohl 8 Peter Sallis 9 Jean Alexander 10 Walter Scheel

11 Mikhail Gorbachev 12 George Blake 13 Brian Cant 14 Patricia Hitchcock 15 Howard Marks 16 Ilse Aichinger 17 Peter Vaughan 18 Clive James 19 Fidel Castro 20 Robert Mugabe

21 Jimmy Carter 22 Caroline Aherne 23 Muhammed Ali 24 Ian Brady 25 Tony Booth 26 Martin Crowe 27 Jerry Lewis 28 Burt Reynolds 29 Valerie Harper 30 Pele 31 Geoffrey Bayldon

32 John Glenn 33Alan Young 34 Peter Sarsted 35 John Noakes 36 Bernard Fox 37 Jacques Rivette 38 Nexhmije Hoxha 39 Stepehn Hawking 40 Hywel Bennet 41Than Shwe

42 Sinead O'Connor 43 Val Kilmer 44 Mary Tyler Moore 45 Jimmy Greaves 46 Norman Lloyd 47 Lupta Tovar 48 Pat Priest 49 Sean Connery 50 Mark Eden

"Wehat shall we do with the wisswass tdonkleys?" "Throw them in the turwetts til they've diwed."

#83 Bibliogryphon

Bibliogryphon

Jolly Green Gnat

• Members
  • 3,591 posts

Posted 05 October 2015 - 09:36 PM

Didn't know where to post this it doesn't really fit into the main Somewhere Over The Rainbow thread so it will put it here.

Tom Daley has announced his engagment to a man 20 years his senior. Cue everyone saying it is lovely to ensure people know how PC they are.

However am I the only one to be a little disquieted by this. Tom is very young and it was clear from all that has been written that he was very close to his father who then died during his teenage years. This would be traumatic for any teenager but Tom also has the added pressure of being an elite sportsman in the public eye. Now a few years later Tom turns up in a relationship with a man who is old enough to be his father.

I am not alleging anything illegal or doubting the veracity of the relationship but just putting it out there that Tom could have been in a very vulnerable place and reached out to an older man possible to take the place of his father in his life rather than coming to the relationship from a direct sexual attraction.

or am I overthinking this?

Unless, that's your blog, you're not the only one:

http://soletstalkabo...e-so-strange-to

This relationship is curiously in between an 'ordinary' relationship and the trophy hunter/gold digger couple. I give them 5 years max. By then, Tom will have matured some more and will be getting too difficult for Dustin.

No that is not my blog. The writer reaches the same conclusion that I do but from a different route he appears to be a bit of a fantasist wanting everyone (who is good looking) to be gay. I have seen no evidence that any member of 1D shows any suggestion of being gay (although I have nagging doubts about Niall Horan.

"I appear to have bypassed my good taste chip"

2016 DDP Teams:

Bibliogryphon's Bookworm Food (Theme Team) 1/20
I Can't Believe They're Not Deader 1/20
Unusual Suspects 4/20

2016 Shadow List:

Billy Graham/Zsa Zsa Gabor/Joao Havelange/Olivia de Havilland/Peter Sallis/Muhammad Ali/Mary Tyler Moore/Tony Booth/Paul Gascoigne/Leslie Philips/Liz Dawn/Herman Wouk/Richard Adams/Glenn Campbell/Bhumibol Adulyadej/Denis Norden/Rodney Bewes/Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh/Clive James/Nancy Reagan/Peter Sutcliffe /Douglas Hurd/Martin Crowe/Helmut Kohl/Peter Vaughan/Jimmy Young/Don Rickles/June Brown/Bob Wilson/Mikhail Gorbachov/Grand Duke Jean I of Luxembourg/William Russell/Everton Weekes/Sidney Poitier/Walter Mondale/John Hurt/Dave Whelan/Brian Blessed/Tom Baker/Joni Mitchell/Abdelaziz Bouteflika/Val Kilmer /Robert Mugabe/Valerie Harper/Jimmy Carter /Cher /George Bush Snr/Neil Simon/Gordon Banks/Sheila Sim 3/50 (2015: 7/50)

#84 Lord Fellatio Nelson

Lord Fellatio Nelson

Follically Challenged Bastard

• Members
  • 3,390 posts

Posted 06 February 2016 - 07:13 PM

So, come on, any gossip out there??

I cant remember who said it but, the other day someone was talking about how Wogan was, well, a piss head.

The bean spiller stated that they would not be surprised if his death had been due to all that drinking he did.

News to me.

The first to ask "Is he dead yet?" about Castro...............ignore piss poor imitators. :D Hartlepool Deadlypool 2016 list Candidates:Olivia De HavillandCarol ChanningJean AlexanderKirk DouglasPaul GascoigneDoris DayAbe VigodaCliff MichelmoreClifton JamesMichael SchumacherSubs: Sean Connery and Ronnie Corbett <p> 

#85 Morbidkid

Morbidkid

Post-Twunt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,246 posts

Posted 06 February 2016 - 07:42 PM

Apparently a user called lard bazaar is Eddie large and is a pedofile.
Shaun's death by number 2016.joey feek died March 4th.little Richard. Lynne Stewart. Nancy Reagan died March 6th. Jimmy Carter. Glen Campbell. Abe vogoda died January 26th. Carol canning. Ian Brady. Bhumibol Adulyadej. Helmut Kohl. Zsa zsa Gabor. Olivia de Havilland. Martin crowe died March 3rd. Clive james. Valerie Harper. David Berkowitz. Howard marks. Robert Mugabe. Hosni Mubarak.Herman wouk. Peter sallis. Rob Ford. Liz dawn. Anthony Booth. Vera Lynn. Pope Benedict. Peter carrinton. Oscar groning. Jake LaMotta. Tommy chong. Jack Nicholson. Lilanne bittencourt. Cliff michealmore.total biscuit. Alan young. Isabel peron. Charles Manson. Tippi hepdren.Clifton James. Liz smith. Kirk Douglas. Bob Dole. Joni Mitchell. Desmond Tutu. Charles Aznavour. Shimon Peres. Liam Cosgrove. Sidney poiter. Dennis norden.

Morbidkids shadow list 2016
joey feek.little Richard. Lynne Stewart. Nancy Reagan. Jimmy Carter. Glen Campbell. Abe vogoda died January 26th. Carol canning. Ian Brady. Bhumibol Adulyadej. Helmut Kohl. Zsa zsa Gabor. Olivia de Havilland. Martin crowe. Clive james. Valerie Harper. David Berkowitz. Howard marks. Robert Mugabe. Hosni Mubarak.Herman wouk. Peter sallis. Rob Ford. Liz dawn. Anthony Booth. Vera Lynn. Pope Benedict. Peter carrinton. Oscar groning. Jake LaMotta. Tommy chong. Jack Nicholson. Lilanne bittencourt. Cliff michealmore.total biscuit. Alan young. Isabel peron. Charles Manson. Tippi hepdren.Clifton James. Liz smith. Kirk Douglas. Bob Dole. Joni Mitchell. Desmond Tutu. Charles Aznavour. Shimon Peres. Liam Cosgrove. Sidney poiter. Dennis norden.

Derby death pool 2016
Joey feak, Little Richard, Lynne Stewart, Nancy Reagan, Jimmy Carter, Glenn Campbell, Abe vogoda died 26th January, Carol canning, Ian Brady, King of Thailand, Helmut Kohl, Zsa zsa Gabor, Olivia de Havilland, Martin crowe, Clive James, Valerie Harper, David Berkowitz, Howard marks, Robert Mugabe, Hosni Mubarak

#86 Toast

Toast

Sanctuary Seller

• Members
  • 3,200 posts

Posted 06 February 2016 - 09:03 PM

Is that some kind of chiropody instrument?

• Lard Bazaar, Lord Fellatio Nelson, En Passant and 1 other like this

DDP teams:
I'm Sorry For Your Trouble

Toast's Moribund Musos

There is only one god, and his name is Death, and there is only one thing we say to Death:  "Not today."

There's no cure for being a cunt.  (Game Of Thrones)

#87 themaninblack

themaninblack

Pun Plunderer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,026 posts

Posted 06 February 2016 - 10:45 PM

So, come on, any gossip out there??

I cant remember who said it but, the other day someone was talking about how Wogan was, well, a piss head.

The bean spiller stated that they would not be surprised if his death had been due to all that drinking he did.

News to me.

Weeeellll, it is kind of hinted at, in a rather oblique way with the character of Henry Sellers in 'Father Ted'....

• Lord Fellatio Nelson likes this
"I must have killed more men than Cecil B. DeMille."

Gene Wilder as "the Waco Kid", Blazing Saddles (1974)

#88 RandomCanadian

RandomCanadian

Bomber

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 202 posts

Posted 07 February 2016 - 01:21 AM

Unverifiable gossip from six(ish) years ago...some one who worked on the Twilight set in Vancouver once commented that the lead actor had extremely offensive body odour. It didn't stop the fan-girls.

“You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.” ~ Mae West 1893-1980

#89 Lard Bazaar

Lard Bazaar

Bang! And the dirt is gone!

• Members
  • 3,987 posts

Posted 07 February 2016 - 11:39 AM

And apparently a user called Morbidkid can't sit down as he's had his ass split wide open by Eddie Large.  And he fucking loved it.

#90 Lord Fellatio Nelson

Lord Fellatio Nelson

• Members
  • 3,390 posts

Posted 08 February 2016 - 04:05 PM

Anybody got a name for the actress who falsely accused that fella of sexual assault at Waterloo station? Two names so far have been mooted.

One likes top swear a lot and used to get her tits out at the drop of a hat and the other sort of sounds like 'dances harbour'

Allegedly.

The first to ask "Is he dead yet?" about Castro...............ignore piss poor imitators. :D Hartlepool Deadlypool 2016 list Candidates:Olivia De HavillandCarol ChanningJean AlexanderKirk DouglasPaul GascoigneDoris DayAbe VigodaCliff MichelmoreClifton JamesMichael SchumacherSubs: Sean Connery and Ronnie Corbett <p> 

#91 Toast

Toast

Sanctuary Seller

• Members
  • 3,200 posts

Posted 08 February 2016 - 04:16 PM

The second one is allegedly under 60, so that would rule her out.

Need another clue for the first one. :lol:

I have seen a lady's name mentioned which is not that well known.  Foreign name. Don't know much about her, so can't say if she's "award-winning".

DDP teams:

Toast's Moribund Musos

There is only one god, and his name is Death, and there is only one thing we say to Death:  "Not today."

#92 Lord Fellatio Nelson

Lord Fellatio Nelson

• Members
  • 3,390 posts

Posted 08 February 2016 - 04:19 PM

I have seen a lady's name mentioned which is not that well known.  Foreign name. Don't know much about her, so can't say if she's "award-winning".

The first one isn't really The Queen, Toastie............ :)

#93 Toast

Toast

Sanctuary Seller

• Members
  • 3,200 posts

Posted 08 February 2016 - 04:26 PM

The first one isn't really The Queen, Toastie............ :)

Ah!

I think everybody's just guessing from the clues in the news reports. 

I thought I read that she was British (or even English) but I can't see any reference to her nationality now.   I wonder if it did say that, and it has since been edited for accuracy ... Anyone else remember that, or did I imagine it?

Anyway, she needs to be named for the sake of all the other actresses who are now the subject of libellous speculation. :ph34r:

• Lord Fellatio Nelson likes this

DDP teams:

Toast's Moribund Musos

#94 themaninblack

themaninblack

Pun Plunderer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,026 posts

Posted 08 February 2016 - 05:36 PM

Anybody got a name for the actress who falsely accused that fella of sexual assault at Waterloo station? Two names so far have been mooted.

One likes top swear a lot and used to get her tits out at the drop of a hat and the other sort of sounds like 'dances harbour'

Allegedly.

That's one in the same isn't it?

"I must have killed more men than Cecil B. DeMille."

Gene Wilder as "the Waco Kid", Blazing Saddles (1974)

#95 Lord Fellatio Nelson

Lord Fellatio Nelson

• Members
  • 3,390 posts

Posted 08 February 2016 - 05:40 PM

Allegedly.

That's one in the same isn't it?

Good point!!!!

Yes, they both have form for both disciplines.

Probably Isla Blair, in her hey day, got her norks out more often.

#96 Handrejka

Handrejka

Manx Minx

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,833 posts

Posted 08 February 2016 - 06:01 PM

I thought it was Ryan's daughter as she seems insane enough to do something like that but she's in her 70s.

2013 Alternative 50 final total 13/50 against DL 13/50 - See about me page for more details.
2014 final total 12/50 against DL 10
2015 final total 6/50 against DL 14

2016 3/50)

1 Zza Zza Gabor, 2. Rev Billy Graham 3.Olivia de Havilland 4 Prince Phillip 5,  Kirk Douglas 6 Bumipol Auduljadej 7 Helmut Kohl 8 Peter Sallis 9 Jean Alexander 10 Walter Scheel

11 Mikhail Gorbachev 12 George Blake 13 Brian Cant 14 Patricia Hitchcock 15 Howard Marks 16 Ilse Aichinger 17 Peter Vaughan 18 Clive James 19 Fidel Castro 20 Robert Mugabe

21 Jimmy Carter 22 Caroline Aherne 23 Muhammed Ali 24 Ian Brady 25 Tony Booth 26 Martin Crowe 27 Jerry Lewis 28 Burt Reynolds 29 Valerie Harper 30 Pele 31 Geoffrey Bayldon

32 John Glenn 33Alan Young 34 Peter Sarsted 35 John Noakes 36 Bernard Fox 37 Jacques Rivette 38 Nexhmije Hoxha 39 Stepehn Hawking 40 Hywel Bennet 41Than Shwe

42 Sinead O'Connor 43 Val Kilmer 44 Mary Tyler Moore 45 Jimmy Greaves 46 Norman Lloyd 47 Lupta Tovar 48 Pat Priest 49 Sean Connery 50 Mark Eden

&quot;Wehat shall we do with the wisswass tdonkleys?&quot; &quot;Throw them in the turwetts til they've diwed.&quot;

#97 Lord Fellatio Nelson

Lord Fellatio Nelson

• Members
  • 3,390 posts

Posted 08 February 2016 - 06:06 PM

I thought it was Ryan's daughter as she seems insane enough to do something like that but she's in her 70s.

Yes, she was never 'conventional' was she.

She was drinking her own piss long before chimps cottoned onto the benefits of 'drinking your own'.

#98 charon

charon

Looking for coin

• Members
  • 3,683 posts

Posted 08 February 2016 - 06:32 PM

Gossip ?

Suppose this counts.....

The weeg Evening Times recently ran a piece after Celtic got humped about the 'online call' to get the Provo's in to 'sort out the dressing room'.

It was by a journo by the name of Rebecca Gray.

She should've known better, in the last day or so, her family details have been surfacing :)

Her dad is a mad alkie shagger , him and her mum do the old wife swapping , copious amounts of coke, he managed to get banned from the main stand in Ibrox for bigotry (anyone who knows the place will know the Grand Wizard of the Klan wouldn't get thrown out) and he put down the family cat by introducing the head to a wall at speed .
Details from a guy that flogged him the pills and powders I believe.

She isn't taking it too well, the tweets were flying yesterday :D and this could get more embarrassing now certain folk are digging.

Oh, and the super injunction I mentioned in the saville thread, most definitely , 100% , is NOT in place. No siree. Not one involving him, no way . Nope.
And what rough beast, its hour come round at last,
Slouches towards Bethlehem to be born?

#99 Spade_Cooley

Spade_Cooley

Rich Homie Quantick

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,020 posts

Posted 09 February 2016 - 07:14 PM

The Waterloo actress in question is someone I'd never heard of, tbh. She's in a popular long-running radio drama about the countryside and will soon be in an HBO series popular among people who like to paint Warcraft figurines.

"I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow

#100 Lord Fellatio Nelson

Lord Fellatio Nelson

• Members
  • 3,390 posts

Posted 09 February 2016 - 07:30 PM

The Waterloo actress in question is someone I'd never heard of, tbh. She's in a popular long-running radio drama about the countryside and will soon be in an HBO series popular among people who like to paint Warcraft figurines.

Yes, she was initially outed by a foreign based blogger IIRC.

I was given this info by somebody else :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users