Batman Going West, Adam?

31 replies to this topic

#1 Davey Jones' Locker

I Need To Get A Life!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,900 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 12:53 AM

With the hype around the Dark Knight Rises, I thought Deathlist should blatantly cash in by turning our attention back to the 1960s Batman and seeing how many cast members are still with us. The answer: not many at all. These are the only survivors from the main cast:

Adam West (1928) Batman - still active at conventions and does some voiceover work for that Family Guy animated show.

Burt Ward (1945) Robin

Yvonne Craig (1937) Batgirl

Julie Newmar (1933) first Catwoman

Lee Meriwether (1935) Catwoman in the film

John Astin (1930) filled in for the role of the Riddler while Frank Gorshwin was away for a short stint. He is, of course, best known for playing Gomez in the Addams Family but that could be the subject of a whole other thread...

Of the other guests, the most notable is Lesley Gore who did a stint as one of Catwoman's underlings. Also, Deathlist favourite Eli Wallach (1915) did one appearance as Mr Freeze.

Of the Burton and Schumacher Batman films, the only person of note to have passed away so far is Michael Gough. I guess either Jack Nicholson or Arnold Schwarzenegger will be next, with Danny DeVito in the running as an outside chance.

#2 JR976evil

I Need To Get A Life!

• Members
  • 1,560 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 04:05 AM

View PostDavey Jones' Locker, on 26 July 2012 - 12:53 AM, said:

Of the Burton and Schumacher Batman films, the only person of note to have passed away so far is Michael Gough. I guess either Jack Nicholson or Arnold Schwarzenegger will be next, with Danny DeVito in the running as an outside chance.

There are a few other cast members from said films worth bearing in mind;

Billy Dee Williams (the original Harvey Dent) b. 1937
Lee Wallace (Mayor William Borg) b. 1930
Michael Murphy (The Mayor in Batman Returns) b. 1938
Also Bob Kane's widow, actress Elizabeth Sanders who cameoed in 3 of the Batman films appears to still be alive, but I can't find a DOB. Worth pointing out too that Christopher Walken (Max Schreck in Batman Returns) is older than Schwarzenegger and DeVito

#3 Davey Jones' Locker

I Need To Get A Life!

• Members
  • 1,900 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 04:14 AM

Thanks, JR. Yes, I forgot about Walken. That said, I picked Schwarzenegger over him not due to age but due to steroids. ;)

Didn't realise Lando Calrissian was so old now. :( I also had absolutely no idea that Bob Kane's missus did some cameos!

BTW, the verdict in my office is that the Dark Knight Rises is a bit of a flop and definitely Nolan's worst film. Apparently Marion Cotillard, who I like from her Euro work, is horrendous as the chief villainess. :(

#4 the_engineer

The Alpha & The Omega

• Members
  • 1,531 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 05:58 AM

View PostDavey Jones' Locker, on 26 July 2012 - 04:14 AM, said:

Thanks, JR. Yes, I forgot about Walken. That said, I picked Schwarzenegger over him not due to age but due to steroids. ;)

Didn't realise Lando Calrissian was so old now. :( I also had absolutely no idea that Bob Kane's missus did some cameos!

BTW, the verdict in my office is that the Dark Knight Rises is a bit of a flop and definitely Nolan's worst film. Apparently Marion Cotillard, who I like from her Euro work, is horrendous as the chief villainess. :(

Yea i was hugely disappointed by dark knight rises. I haven't seen all of Chris Nolan's movies but that was the worst I have watched of his movies .
I don't believe in coincidences

Basketball was invented in 1987 by konami.

A Man who never eats pork buns is never a whole man .

genesis 22 16 - 18

DDP 2014 - Sovereign-Reaper

wilko johnsonPosted Image , joost van der westhuizen ,George h.w bush , sam simon , valerie harper , Kate Granger , Katherine Crowe, wojcech jaruzelski ,Sally Farmiloe , Clive James , Billy Graham , Tony Benn , Zsa Zsa Gabor , Vera lynn , Kirk Douglas , Saif Gaddafi , Superstar Billy Graham ,Stuart Hall , Fats Domino ,Isabel Peron.

Hartlepool Deadlypool 2014

Billy Graham
Wojcech Jaruzelski
Wilko Johnson
Sam Simon
Joost Van Der Westhuizen
Valerie Harper
Kate Granger

Sally Farmiloe
Katherine Crowe
Clive James

subs 1) George H.W Bush 2) Rolf Harris

#5 Bibliogryphon

I Need To Get A Life!

• Members
  • 1,909 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 11:31 AM

Danny Devito looked quite sprightly in his Big Issue interview this week and is appearing in the West End opposite Richard Griffiths in Neil Simon's Sunshine Boys
"I appear to have bypassed my good taste chip"

2013 DDP Teams:

Bibliogryphon's Bookworm Food (Theme Team)
I Can't Believe They're Not Deader
Unusual Suspects

#6 JR976evil

I Need To Get A Life!

• Members
  • 1,560 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 01:31 PM

View PostBibliogryphon, on 26 July 2012 - 11:31 AM, said:

Danny Devito looked quite sprightly in his Big Issue interview this week and is appearing in the West End opposite Richard Griffiths in Neil Simon's Sunshine Boys

But to paraphrase Rod Lurie, he still resembles a testicle with arms :)

#7 Whitehouse

Shipman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 424 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 02:45 PM

After all the shit that went on in Aurora, I think this thread needed some Batman feelgood news. A man dressed as a Batman is doing wonderful work in visiting very sick children all across America, giving them a day to remember. He used to drive around in a Lamborghini dressed as the Batmobile. Needless to say that this combination is not the way we remember the Batmobile.

This week he took delivery of an honest to god drooooolworthy replica of the Adam West Batmobile. Build from the ground up this car is absolute the spitting image of the car that was made famous in that campy series. And come on, wouldn't you turn your head when you say this coming your way?

Posted Image

Via Jalopnik.
My 2014 entries:

Team: Serious effort.
1) Fred Weintraub (Joker), 2) Eli Wallach, 3) Fernando Ricksen, 4) Valerie Harper, 5) Kirk Kerkorian, 6) Jim Bamber, 7) Clive James, 8) Billy Graham, 9) Marques Haynes, 10) Harry Dean Stanton, 11) Roger Bannister, 12) Richard Adams, 13) James Garner, 14) Burt Bacharach, 15) Jean Darling, 16) Alice Munro, 17) Mickey Rooney, 18) Carla Laemmle, 19) Ramón José Velásquez, 20) Bess Meyerson.

DDP Team: Serious effort Part 2.

1) Joost van der Westhuizen (Joker), 2) Michael Schumacher, 3) Vinnie Jones, 4) Michael Parkinson, 5) Brian May, 6) George H. W. Bush, 7) Barbara Bush, 8) Jimmy Carter, 9) Shane McGowan, 10) Muhammad Ali, 11) Aretha Franklin, 12) Joe Jackson (Michael's dad), 13) Jen Arnold (Little people), 14) Sharon Osborne, 15) Lynda Bellingham, 16) Wilko Johnson, 17) Sam Simon (Simpsons co-creator), 18) Sally Farmiloe, 19) Missy Elliott, 20) Larry D. Mann.

Reserve picks; Jerry Lewis, Glen Campbell, Peter Falk

Since no death was reported in this DDP list, I let it stand. Not entered in competition.
DDP team: Pass me the mike!
Joker Michael Waltrip, Michael Douglas, Michael Whitacker, Michael Caine, Michael Gambon, Michael J. Fox, Michael Keaton, Michael Schumacher, Michael Dikakis, Michael McDonald, Mick Jagger, (Michael) Duff McKagan, Michael Andretti, Michael Chiklis, Michael Madsen, Michael Jordan, Michael Bolton, Michael Bay, Michael Ballack, Mike Tyson. Reserve Pick(s): Michael Myers,Mike Oldfield, Mika brzezinski (only female here).

#8 Lewd_Squirrel

Shipman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 347 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 05:23 PM

Other Batman actors, from all era's

Joan Collins {Siren in the 60's TV series}
Tommy Lee Jones
Morgan Freeman
Michael Caine
Rutger Hauer
here's my top 150 for 2014
Lindsay Lohan, Christopher Plummer, Richard Chamberlain, Abe Vigoda, Kamala, Stan Lee, Robin Leach, George Jung, George Bush Sr., George Bush Jr., Barbara Bush, Bruno Sammartino, Vincent K. McMahon, Linda McMahon, Diana Ross, Sid Kroft, Marty Kroft, Hugh Hefner, Cher, Arnold Palmer, Morgan Freeman, Tina Turner, Paul McCartney, Christopher Lee, Phil Donahue, Marion Ross, Martin Landau, Ed Asner, Mary Tyler Moore, Steve "Red Green" Smith, Bobby Heenan, Nicolai Volkoff, Iron Shiek, Henry Silva, John Goodman, Rosanne Barr, Ricou Browning, Loretta Lynn, Bob Barker, Shirley Bassey, Fidel Castro, Charlotte Rae, Ringo Starr, Dynamite Kid, Peter Tork, Mr. Fuji, Jim Ross, "Superfly" Jimmy Snuka, Bob Newhart, Michael Caine, Louis Anderson, Mickey Rooney, George "the Animal" Steele, Mike MacDonald {Canadian comedian}, Abdullah the Butcher, "Cowboy" Bob Orton Jr., Desmond Morris, George Takei, William Shatner, Leonard Nimoy, Dick Van Dyke, Jerry Stiller, Carla Laemmle, Sidney Poitier Sr., Doris Day, Zsa Zsa Gabor, Jim J Bullock, Karl Lagerfeld, R Lee Ermey, Desmond Tutu, Wilford Brimley, Magic Johnson, Liza Minelli, Yoko Ono, Prince Philip, Queen Elizabeth II, Prince Charles, Robert Blake, Norman Lear, King Kong Bundy, 14th Dalai Lama, Carol Channing, Dale Earnhardt Jr., Richard Kiel, Sid Caesar, James Earl Jones, Christopher Sarandon, Jerry Lawler, Carl Reiner, Jack Nicklaus, Nichelle Nichols, Oprah, Stedman, "Mean" Gene Okerlund, Woody Allen, "Superstar" Billy Graham, Billy Graham {evangelist}, Dr. Demento, Napoleon XIV, Boutros Boutros Ghali, Barbara Walters, Betty White, Cloris Leachman, Mae Young, Larry King, Pope Francis, Pope Benedict XVI, Shirley Temple, Albert Finney, Joan Rivers, Kirk Douglas, Michael Douglas, Robert Guillaume, Bill Cosby, Carol Burnett, David Attenborough, Richard Attenborough, Regis Philbin, Jerry Lewis, Jerry Lee Lewis, Dick Dale, King Diamond, Shirley MacLaine, Warren Beatty, Ned Beatty, Stephen Hawking, Jack Nicholson, Ian Holm, Aretha Franklin, Clint Eastwood, Muhammad Ali, Jimmy Carter, Pete Rose, Christopher Lloyd, Sean Connery, Lex Luger, Michael Berryman, Sid Haig, Frankie Avalon, Budd Friedman, Clive Anderson, I.M. Pei, Nancy Reagan, Henry Winkler, Charles Manson, Keith Richards, Gene Wilder, Roadwarrior Animal, Ric Flair, Ben E. King, Paul Orndorff.

#9 Davey Jones' Locker

I Need To Get A Life!

• Members
  • 1,900 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 09:39 PM

View PostLewd_Squirrel, on 26 July 2012 - 05:23 PM, said:

Tommy Lee Jones

I know the received wisdom is that Batman and Robin is the absolute nadir of Batman films but I personally find Batman Forever to be far, far worse due to the completely over-the-top "performances" by Mr Jones and Carrey and the awful, awful line reading by Nicole "Botox" Kidman.

#10 JR976evil

I Need To Get A Life!

• Members
  • 1,560 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 10:31 PM

View PostDavey Jones' Locker, on 26 July 2012 - 09:39 PM, said:

Tommy Lee Jones

I know the received wisdom is that Batman and Robin is the absolute nadir of Batman films but I personally find Batman Forever to be far, far worse due to the completely over-the-top "performances" by Mr Jones and Carrey and the awful, awful line reading by Nicole "Botox" Kidman.

They're both equally contemptible I think, soulless feature-length adverts for toys

#11 themaninblack

Pun Plunderer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,225 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 10:41 PM

View PostJR976evil, on 26 July 2012 - 10:31 PM, said:

View PostDavey Jones' Locker, on 26 July 2012 - 09:39 PM, said:

Tommy Lee Jones

They're both equally contemptible I think, soulless feature-length adverts for toys

Batman Forever is fun. Batman and Robin is diabolical. I got the video as an Xmas present many moons ago and I think pound for pound it was the worst Christmas present ever...
"I must have killed more men than Cecil B. DeMille."

Gene Wilder as "the Waco Kid", Blazing Saddles (1974)

#12 Guest_lorna doom_*

• Guests

Posted 27 July 2012 - 12:39 AM

ummm Lee Meriweather was catwoman in the film.....Julie Newmayer was Catwoman in the series.....

#13 Guest_lorna doom_*

• Guests

Posted 27 July 2012 - 12:44 AM

actually where Julie Newmayer is concerned shouldn't there be a 7 brides for 7 brothers thread? I think most of them are still with us.

#14 Davey Jones' Locker

I Need To Get A Life!

• Members
  • 1,900 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 12:51 AM

View Postlorna doom, on 27 July 2012 - 12:39 AM, said:

ummm Lee Meriweather was catwoman in the film.....Julie Newmayer was Catwoman in the series.....

Holy kitty litter, Batman, the guest is right! Amending.

#15 Davey Jones' Locker

I Need To Get A Life!

• Members
  • 1,900 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 12:53 AM

View Postlorna doom, on 27 July 2012 - 12:44 AM, said:

actually where Julie Newmayer is concerned shouldn't there be a 7 brides for 7 brothers thread? I think most of them are still with us.
That would be an interesting countdown from 7 to 0. ;) I wonder how many of the lovely Miss Meriwether's cohorts from the Time Tunnel are still with us, too?

#16 Guest_Guest_*

• Guests

Posted 27 July 2012 - 01:08 AM

mmm 7 brides 7 brothers 14 to 0 i think......and i may be wrong but I think survivors are still in double figures...

#17 JR976evil

I Need To Get A Life!

• Members
  • 1,560 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 04:04 AM

View PostDavey Jones' Locker, on 27 July 2012 - 12:53 AM, said:

View Postlorna doom, on 27 July 2012 - 12:44 AM, said:

That would be an interesting countdown from 7 to 0. ;) I wonder how many of the lovely Miss Meriwether's cohorts from the Time Tunnel are still with us, too?

James Darren (b. 1936) and Robert Colbert (b. 1931) both appear to be alive and well

#18 Guest_Guest_*

• Guests

Posted 27 July 2012 - 12:40 PM

Suppose that James Holmes, the cinema gunman, was given a sentence that included the death penalty. Would he be an eligible candidate for DeathList or would that be just too easy?

#19 JR976evil

I Need To Get A Life!

• Members
  • 1,560 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 03:33 PM

View PostGuest, on 27 July 2012 - 12:40 PM, said:

Suppose that James Holmes, the cinema gunman, was given a sentence that included the death penalty. Would he be an eligible candidate for DeathList or would that be just too easy?

I was under the impression that death row inmates weren't allowed?

#20 JR976evil

I Need To Get A Life!

• Members
  • 1,560 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 03:45 PM

Lorenzo Semple Jr. (b. 1923) who wrote several early episodes of the 60s TV series and later went on to write screenplays including The Parralax View is definitely worth keeping an eye on.

No one seems to have survived from the 1943 serialisation (which was screened on Channel 4 on weekday mornings during the Xmas holidays in the early 90s, I seem to recall) starring Lewis Wilson, unless anyone knows different?

Reply to this topic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users