Jump to content


- - - - -

The Dead Of 2012 Bring Out Some More Of Your Dead....


824 replies to this topic

#501 Guest_Guest_*

  • Guests

Posted 15 August 2012 - 10:52 PM

Actress Phyllis Thaxter has died http://abcnews.go.co...18#.UCwlX6llRxN

#502 charon

    Looking for coin

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,910 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 07:48 PM

View PostThe Unknown Man, on 13 August 2012 - 08:50 PM, said:

Former Red Sox manager Johnny Pesky has died at age 92.

Got done for shoplifting last time I was in Boston. Would have got away with it if it hadn't been for his children and their dog Posted Image
And what rough beast, its hour come round at last,
Slouches towards Bethlehem to be born?

#503 JR976evil

    I Need To Get A Life!

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,562 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 08:09 PM

View Postcharon, on 16 August 2012 - 07:48 PM, said:

View PostThe Unknown Man, on 13 August 2012 - 08:50 PM, said:

Former Red Sox manager Johnny Pesky has died at age 92.

Got done for shoplifting last time I was in Boston. Would have got away with it if it hadn't been for his children and their dog Posted Image

Was he a Scooby Doo villain?

#504 charon

    Looking for coin

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,910 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 08:14 PM

View PostJR976evil, on 16 August 2012 - 08:09 PM, said:



Was he a Scooby Doo villain?
? it was never the villains kids........
And what rough beast, its hour come round at last,
Slouches towards Bethlehem to be born?

#505 JR976evil

    I Need To Get A Life!

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,562 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 09:05 PM

View Postcharon, on 16 August 2012 - 08:14 PM, said:

View PostJR976evil, on 16 August 2012 - 08:09 PM, said:



Was he a Scooby Doo villain?
? it was never the villains kids........

True, but then again we never saw their parents either...

#506 charon

    Looking for coin

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,910 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 06:57 AM

Actor Biff Elliot @ 89
http://westernboothi...iff-elliot.html
And what rough beast, its hour come round at last,
Slouches towards Bethlehem to be born?

#507 charon

    Looking for coin

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,910 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 07:16 PM

Lou Martin, Rory Gallaghers organist gone @ 63 Posted Image http://en.wikipedia....wiki/Lou_Martin


And what rough beast, its hour come round at last,
Slouches towards Bethlehem to be born?

#508 Guest_Guest_*

  • Guests

Posted 19 August 2012 - 05:48 AM

The actor William Windom has died at 88. Fans of Murder She Wrote will recognise him as Dr Seth Hazlett in the show http://www.tvmediain...william-windom/

#509 Paul Bearer

    Zombie Administrator

  • Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,257 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 05:55 PM

Patrick Ricard at 67. Now a spirit of his own. (Sorry, couldn't think of anything better)
This is true my form is something odd,
But blaming me is blaming God;
Could I create myself anew
I would not fail in pleasing you.

#510 Magere Hein

    Film land, Homer!

  • Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,729 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 08:01 PM

View PostPaul Bearer, on 19 August 2012 - 05:55 PM, said:

Patrick Ricard at 67. Now a spirit of his own. (Sorry, couldn't think of anything better)

I'll drink to that. Especially on a hot summer's night like i'm currently in a pastis goes down well. Unfortunately I haven't any, so I'll make do with lager.

regards,
Hein
DDP 2014 team The Grey Horde:
King Abdullah of Saudi Arabia, Ayman al-Zawahiri, Lys Assia, Sister Wendy Beckett, Ryan Buell Posted Image,Jacques Chirac, Felix Dennis, Aretha Franklin, Ruth Bader Ginsburg, Marilyn Horne, Clive James, General Wojciech Jaruzelski, Wilko Johnson, Helmut Kohl, Joseph Kony, Misao Okawa, Bernie Madoff, Robert Mugabe, Julie Newmar, Michael Schumacher

DDP 2014 theme team Minions of Xuleneb:
King Albert II, Princess Beatrix, Prince Bernhard jr, Elco Brinkman, Corry Brokken, Dick Bruna, Raymond Ceulemans, Godfried Danneels, Piet de Jong, Mark Eyskens, Queen Fabiola Of Belgium Posted Image, Jan Janssen, Grand Duke Jean I of Luxembourg, Wubbo Ockels, Fernando Ricksen, Kees Rijvers, Wim Ruska, Toots Thielemans, Martinus J. G. Veltman, Geert Wilders

#511 Bibliogryphon

    I Need To Get A Life!

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,996 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 12:58 PM

If you're going to San Francisco. Scott McKenzie dead at 73
"I appear to have bypassed my good taste chip"

2014 DDP Teams:

Bibliogryphon's Bookworm Food (Theme Team) 5/20
I Can't Believe They're Not Deader 4/20
Unusual Suspects 2/20

#512 Paul Bearer

    Zombie Administrator

  • Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,257 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 05:53 PM

View PostBibliogryphon, on 20 August 2012 - 12:58 PM, said:

If you're going to San Francisco. Scott McKenzie dead at 73

Originally posted here yesterday morning. Doesn't the search function work?
This is true my form is something odd,
But blaming me is blaming God;
Could I create myself anew
I would not fail in pleasing you.

#513 Phantom

    uber twunt

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,415 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 07:25 PM

Phyllis Diller dead at 95

A good line never dies
It just smells funny

----

Winner of the 2014 Wojciech Jarulzelski sweepstakes


DDP 2014 4/20
Jim Bamber , Ryan Buell, Katherine Crowe Posted Image, Liz Dawn, Ruth Duccini, Janet Fielding, Zsa Zsa Gabor , Billy Graham,"Superstar" Billy Graham, Rolf Harris, Joao Havelange, Bobby Heenan, Wojciech Jarulzelski, Wilko Johnson, Stephen Lewis, Jerry Maren, Les Munro, Sonny Rollins, Sam Simon, Gough Whitlam

DDP 2012 8/20 - Joint 47th

DDP 2013 11/20 - Joint 24th


#514 The Unknown Man

    Executioner

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 683 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 08:16 PM

View PostPhantom, on 20 August 2012 - 07:25 PM, said:

Phyllis Diller dead at 95

It's sad to see a great comedienne go.

RIP Phyllis Diller.
2013 DDP: 8/20, Finished =46th
2013 Shadowlist: 19/50
2014 DDP: 3/20
2014 shadow list
Muhammad Ali, Bob Barker, Pope Benedict XVI, Ryan Buell, George H. W. Bush, Mary Carlisle, Fidel Castro, Olivia de Havilland, Fred DeLuca, Kirk Douglas, Roy Douglas, Lawrence Ferlinghetti, Rhonda Fleming, Zsa Zsa Gabor, George Gaynes, Ruth Bader Ginsburg, Billy Graham, Valerie Harper, Denis Healey, Theodore Hesburgh, Clive James, Wojciech Jaruzelski, Wilko Johnson, Helmut Kohl, Jack Kyle, Carla Laemmle, Vera Lynn, Penny Marshall, John McVie, Al Molinaro, Hosni Mubarak, Robert Mugabe, Yasuhiro Nakasone, Maureen O'Hara, Isabel Peron, Prince Philip, Luise Rainer, Nancy Reagan, Helmut Schmidt, Robert Schuller, Ariel Sharon, Sam Simon, Kay Starr, Randy Travis, Joost Van Der Westhuizen, Gough Whitlam, Nicholas Winton, Chuck Yeager, Jiang Zemin & Efrem Zimbalist, Jr.

Winner of the 2012 HPDP

#515 ITDY

    Hatchet man

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 08:41 PM

View PostThe Unknown Man, on 20 August 2012 - 08:16 PM, said:

View PostPhantom, on 20 August 2012 - 07:25 PM, said:

Phyllis Diller dead at 95

It's sad to see a great comedienne go.

RIP Phyllis Diller.

Very sad to lose a comedienne of her calibre.

Sykes and Diller gone. Which great comedy talent will be next?

#516 themaninblack

    Pun Plunderer

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,254 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 09:07 PM

View PostITDY, on 20 August 2012 - 08:41 PM, said:

View PostThe Unknown Man, on 20 August 2012 - 08:16 PM, said:

View PostPhantom, on 20 August 2012 - 07:25 PM, said:

Phyllis Diller dead at 95

It's sad to see a great comedienne go.

RIP Phyllis Diller.

Very sad to lose a comedienne of her calibre.

Sykes and Diller gone. Which great comedy talent will be next?

Gervais with a bit of luck...
"I must have killed more men than Cecil B. DeMille."

Gene Wilder as "the Waco Kid", Blazing Saddles (1974)

#517 ITDY

    Hatchet man

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 09:15 PM

View Postthemaninblack, on 20 August 2012 - 09:07 PM, said:

View PostITDY, on 20 August 2012 - 08:41 PM, said:

View PostThe Unknown Man, on 20 August 2012 - 08:16 PM, said:

View PostPhantom, on 20 August 2012 - 07:25 PM, said:

Phyllis Diller dead at 95

It's sad to see a great comedienne go.

RIP Phyllis Diller.

Very sad to lose a comedienne of her calibre.

Sykes and Diller gone. Which great comedy talent will be next?

Gervais with a bit of luck...

Lol we can only hope he'll bite it soon but I wouldn't mark him in the dead comedic talent column when he does.

#518 Blartman

    Hatchet man

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 06:18 AM

View PostITDY, on 20 August 2012 - 09:15 PM, said:

View Postthemaninblack, on 20 August 2012 - 09:07 PM, said:

View PostITDY, on 20 August 2012 - 08:41 PM, said:

View PostThe Unknown Man, on 20 August 2012 - 08:16 PM, said:

View PostPhantom, on 20 August 2012 - 07:25 PM, said:

Phyllis Diller dead at 95

It's sad to see a great comedienne go.

RIP Phyllis Diller.

Very sad to lose a comedienne of her calibre.

Sykes and Diller gone. Which great comedy talent will be next?

Gervais with a bit of luck...

Lol we can only hope he'll bite it soon but I wouldn't mark him in the dead comedic talent column when he does.

Hah! Not sure how you can get "Gervais" "Comedy" and "Talent" in the same sentence though...

#519 ITDY

    Hatchet man

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 06:22 AM

View PostBlartman, on 21 August 2012 - 06:18 AM, said:

View PostITDY, on 20 August 2012 - 09:15 PM, said:

View Postthemaninblack, on 20 August 2012 - 09:07 PM, said:

View PostITDY, on 20 August 2012 - 08:41 PM, said:

View PostThe Unknown Man, on 20 August 2012 - 08:16 PM, said:

View PostPhantom, on 20 August 2012 - 07:25 PM, said:

Phyllis Diller dead at 95

It's sad to see a great comedienne go.

RIP Phyllis Diller.

Very sad to lose a comedienne of her calibre.

Sykes and Diller gone. Which great comedy talent will be next?

Gervais with a bit of luck...

Lol we can only hope he'll bite it soon but I wouldn't mark him in the dead comedic talent column when he does.

Hah! Not sure how you can get "Gervais" "Comedy" and "Talent" in the same sentence though...

Better to put "Gervais" "desperate wannabe" and "talentless hack" together.

#520 Lewd_Squirrel

    Shipman

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 354 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 05:00 PM

Gervais is better than Steve Carrell
here's my top 150 for 2014
Lindsay Lohan, Christopher Plummer, Richard Chamberlain, Abe Vigoda, Kamala, Stan Lee, Robin Leach, George Jung, George Bush Sr., George Bush Jr., Barbara Bush, Bruno Sammartino, Vincent K. McMahon, Linda McMahon, Diana Ross, Sid Kroft, Marty Kroft, Hugh Hefner, Cher, Arnold Palmer, Morgan Freeman, Tina Turner, Paul McCartney, Christopher Lee, Phil Donahue, Marion Ross, Martin Landau, Ed Asner, Mary Tyler Moore, Steve "Red Green" Smith, Bobby Heenan, Nicolai Volkoff, Iron Shiek, Henry Silva, John Goodman, Rosanne Barr, Ricou Browning, Loretta Lynn, Bob Barker, Shirley Bassey, Fidel Castro, Charlotte Rae, Ringo Starr, Dynamite Kid, Peter Tork, Mr. Fuji, Jim Ross, "Superfly" Jimmy Snuka, Bob Newhart, Michael Caine, Louis Anderson, Mickey Rooney, George "the Animal" Steele, Mike MacDonald {Canadian comedian}, Abdullah the Butcher, "Cowboy" Bob Orton Jr., Desmond Morris, George Takei, William Shatner, Leonard Nimoy, Dick Van Dyke, Jerry Stiller, Carla Laemmle, Sidney Poitier Sr., Doris Day, Zsa Zsa Gabor, Jim J Bullock, Karl Lagerfeld, R Lee Ermey, Desmond Tutu, Wilford Brimley, Magic Johnson, Liza Minelli, Yoko Ono, Prince Philip, Queen Elizabeth II, Prince Charles, Robert Blake, Norman Lear, King Kong Bundy, 14th Dalai Lama, Carol Channing, Dale Earnhardt Jr., Richard Kiel, Sid Caesar, James Earl Jones, Christopher Sarandon, Jerry Lawler, Carl Reiner, Jack Nicklaus, Nichelle Nichols, Oprah, Stedman, "Mean" Gene Okerlund, Woody Allen, "Superstar" Billy Graham, Billy Graham {evangelist}, Dr. Demento, Napoleon XIV, Boutros Boutros Ghali, Barbara Walters, Betty White, Cloris Leachman, Mae Young, Larry King, Pope Francis, Pope Benedict XVI, Shirley Temple, Albert Finney, Joan Rivers, Kirk Douglas, Michael Douglas, Robert Guillaume, Bill Cosby, Carol Burnett, David Attenborough, Richard Attenborough, Regis Philbin, Jerry Lewis, Jerry Lee Lewis, Dick Dale, King Diamond, Shirley MacLaine, Warren Beatty, Ned Beatty, Stephen Hawking, Jack Nicholson, Ian Holm, Aretha Franklin, Clint Eastwood, Muhammad Ali, Jimmy Carter, Pete Rose, Christopher Lloyd, Sean Connery, Lex Luger, Michael Berryman, Sid Haig, Frankie Avalon, Budd Friedman, Clive Anderson, I.M. Pei, Nancy Reagan, Henry Winkler, Charles Manson, Keith Richards, Gene Wilder, Roadwarrior Animal, Ric Flair, Ben E. King, Paul Orndorff.





1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users