75 replies to this topic

#61 deadsox

Executioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 686 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 09:52 PM

View PostEST.1993, on 17 February 2012 - 05:55 PM, said:

Michele Baldwin died on the 5th. So I think that means deadsox should have 4 more points. And then Gary Carter died yesterday.

Thanks 93.

#62 maryportfuncity

Dedicated Cumbrian Corpse Hound, or summat

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,064 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 10:28 AM

View PostSpade_Cooley, on 17 February 2012 - 06:25 PM, said:

View Postmaryportfuncity, on 17 February 2012 - 06:06 PM, said:

If one of Spade's low hangers cops it in the next month he's got the magical 2012 points

Well... I noticed via Journalisted that one of my picks, Daily Telegraph hack Cassandra Jardine, has only written one article in nearly four months which, for a woman who used to write to or three pieces a week, is quite stunning. So I did some googling and found Saint Helena's Church parish newsletter was asking for prayers for her. So I might just sneak over the line there.

Reading the "requests for prayers" section of these newsletters is a whole new venue for deadpool research, imho.

Aye, but - so far - those prayers on behalf of the Reverend Ian Paisley seem to be working. So far, that is...
Posted Image

Maryport is a disappointment for which there is no cure, but the annual Deathrace thread hereabouts provides welcome distraction.

#63 Spade_Cooley

Rich Homie Quantick

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,823 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 10:28 AM

Posted Image

Wait, I just twigged that the death of Leonard Rosoman, RA, OBE, means that I have... 2034 points. I'd like to thank all of my fellow competitors, great sports the lot of you, I'd like to thank Rosoman, Strathie, James, Carter and that crazy cat Sanha for having the decency to buy the farm so early into this year, and hey.... next stop the DDP.
"I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow

"Get back to task and participate, or you will come with us at the finale to dance, although there will be shocking deaths. Yoshi is coming for me." - Pikalin Soutdalany

#64 deadsox

Executioner

• Members
  • 686 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 11:10 AM

Congratulations Spade.

(As you can see, I'm a man who's not afraid to call a Spade a Spade)

#65 Bert Trautmann

Bomber

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 199 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 11:52 AM

Well done Spade, having looked at your team I reckon you're in with the best shout of winning the DDP this year
Golden Slumbers

Sam Simon - Wilko Johnson - Scott Putesky - Mark Evans - Clive James - Rubin Carter - Kate Granger - Sally Farmiloe - Kate Gross - Valerie Harper - Albert Reynolds - Casey Kasem - Carman - Christy Dignam - Robert Schuller - Elie Wiesel - Helen Fawkes - Sandy Jardine - Billy Graham - Katherine Crowe

Derby Dead Pool

2011 - 10th (7/20)
2012 - 74th (6/20)
2013 - 11th (11/20)

#66 Spade_Cooley

Rich Homie Quantick

• Members
  • 2,823 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 12:38 PM

View Postdeadsox, on 25 February 2012 - 11:10 AM, said:

Congratulations Spade.

(As you can see, I'm a man who's not afraid to call a Spade a Spade)

Racist...

View PostBert Trautmann, on 25 February 2012 - 11:52 AM, said:

Well done Spade, having looked at your team I reckon you're in with the best shout of winning the DDP this year

I've got Arry Kiri penned down as the winner, tbh. We'll see...
"I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow

"Get back to task and participate, or you will come with us at the finale to dance, although there will be shocking deaths. Yoshi is coming for me." - Pikalin Soutdalany

#67 maryportfuncity

• Members
  • 11,064 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 01:59 PM

Aye, link below was the first hit I got that counts for points, so Spade is duly declared the winner and the closing time of 21 Feb is - indeed - impressive. PMs will flow between the Spadester and myself as a generous prize is agreed and forwarded to Spade Towers.

http://announcements.thetimes.co.uk/obituaries/timesonline-uk/obituary.aspx?n=leonard-rosoman&pid=156068525
Posted Image

Maryport is a disappointment for which there is no cure, but the annual Deathrace thread hereabouts provides welcome distraction.

#68 maryportfuncity

• Members
  • 11,064 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 02:08 PM

Reet gang, before the thread rightfully sinks without trace, a few questions that might lead to changes next year:

1 - (Because I'm all in favour of the "Dirty Dozen" concept of pile 'em high, off 'em quick dead pooling) If I opened things up next year to EITHER the DDP teams or a DDS (Deathrace Dirty Score) how many of you would be tempted to compile a team of twenty low-hangers for this competition?

2 - What else in the current rules is grating with anyone and might lead to higher levels of customer satisfaction for Deathrace 2013?
Posted Image

#69 maryportfuncity

• Members
  • 11,064 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 04:21 PM

Let it be known that Spade, like DDT before him, has opted to receive his "prize" in the form of a donation to a charity fund-raising event. All now done and dusted. Spade may want to keep his personal life and friends confidential so I'll leave it to him to decide if he wants to post a link to the Just Giving page here. People say we're sick, but two charities have benefitted from Deathrace winners in the last twelve months!
Posted Image

#70 msc

Shipman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 447 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 04:56 PM

You look away for a day or two, and someone goes and wins!

Well done Spade.

The DDP will be a marathon compared to the sprint though - too early to call.
2014 Pan Breed DDP – S Simon (joker), S Farmiloe, W Johnson, C Kasem, V Harper, G Cole, G Garcia Marquez, P Rice, J Hill, L Dawn, A Briggs, J vd Westhuizen, C Woodhead, C Moncrieff, T Benn, R Buell, I Watkins, H Fawkes, A Reynolds, J McGinniss

Other pools – J McVie, P Worsthorne, V Campbell, S Caesar, L Rainer, R Mugabe, P Wyngarde, K Douglas, G Whitlam, S Hall, A Franklin, R Attenborough, GHW Bush, H Kissinger, E Wallach, B Reynolds, J Garner, N Reagan, H Kessler, G Saks, L Ferlinghetti, O Chadwick, R Asherson, K Ollerenshaw, F Phelps, W Jaruzelski, G Amorth, H McCullough, F Dyson, C Pincher, O Pooley, C Townes, D Slocombe, A Hiller, F Bough, RR Shaw, A Imich, C Hollingworth, S Gall, Ghiggia, C Irving, FGD Jean, H Gregg, F Domino, B Kerr, P MacNee, C Yeager, R Suart, P Maxwell Davies, J Havelange, J de Cuellar, P Dimmock, G Ure, C Mitchelmore, J Nott, H Wouk, J Freeman, M Wilson, T Docherty, P Fox, G Howe, L Cosgrave, N Lawson, B Clemens, K Evren, RK Murray, M Soares, P Vaughan, R Baker, P Lally, L Smith, A Suarez, P Robbins, I Kanarek, IM Pei, ER Killen, J Ramsey, P de Jong, A Rhett, V Gagne. = combined 18/100

2013: 28/100
2012: 25/100
Shadow Deathlist 2011- 10/50

#71 Spade_Cooley

Rich Homie Quantick

• Members
  • 2,823 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 07:48 PM

The charity in question is the Depression Alliance, and its part of a sponsored rap battle taking place at Don't Flop's April 1st event. If any of you have any cash kicking about, do donate.

Much kudos to Maryport as well, we're helping the wider world here on the DL one corpse at a time.

#72 Toast

Sanctuary Seller

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,736 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 09:01 PM

Well done Spade and Marypfc.
DDP teams:
If I'm Spared Myself, Of Course
Toast of the Turf
Nearer My God To Thee

#73 Magere Hein

Film land, Homer!

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,590 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 09:09 PM

Congratulations for a very speedy win seem in order. Well done, Spade.

regards,
Hein
DDP 2014 team The Grey Horde:
King Abdullah of Saudi Arabia, Ayman al-Zawahiri, Lys Assia, Sister Wendy Beckett, Ryan Buell Posted Image,Jacques Chirac, Felix Dennis, Aretha Franklin, Ruth Bader Ginsburg, Marilyn Horne, Clive James, General Wojciech Jaruzelski, Wilko Johnson, Helmut Kohl, Joseph Kony, Misao Okawa, Bernie Madoff, Robert Mugabe, Julie Newmar, Michael Schumacher

DDP 2014 theme team Minions of Xuleneb:
King Albert II, Princess Beatrix, Prince Bernhard jr, Elco Brinkman, Corry Brokken, Dick Bruna, Raymond Ceulemans, Godfried Danneels, Piet de Jong, Mark Eyskens, Queen Fabiola Of Belgium Posted Image, Jan Janssen, Grand Duke Jean I of Luxembourg, Wubbo Ockels, Fernando Ricksen, Kees Rijvers, Wim Ruska, Toots Thielemans, Martinus J. G. Veltman, Geert Wilders

#74 angryGreatness

Executioner

• Members
  • 657 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 10:55 PM

Well done. Now let's see if you can win the DDP.
DDP 2014:

Better Them Than Us!:
Daisy Berkowitz, Colin Bloomfield, Katherine Crowe Posted Image, Darren Daulton, Fred DeLuca, Sally Farmiloe, Dennis "Fergie" Frederiksen, Dr. Kate Granger, Valerie Harper, Clive James, Wilko Johnson, Carolyn McCarthy Posted Image, Graeme Pollock Posted Image, Mike Porcaro, Pat Rice, Amy Robach, Robert Schuller, Stuart Scott, Sam Simon, Joost Van Der Westhuizen

Evergreen State of Decay [Theme: People born in Washington]
Paul Allen, Bob Barker, Glenn Beck Posted Image, Jerry Cantrell Posted Image, Carol Channing Posted Image, Orson Scott Card Posted Image, John Elway Posted Image, Kenny G Posted Image, Bill Gates, Ben Gibbard Posted Image. Ben Haggerty Posted Image, Donald M. Kendall Posted Image, Amanda Knox Posted Image, Gary Larson Posted Image, Ryan Lewis Posted Image, Chuck Palahniuk Posted Image, Anthony Ray Posted Image, Adam West, Jim Whittaker Posted Image, Michael Winslow Posted Image

Died in Committee [Theme: Current and former Senators]
Daniel Akaka Posted Image, Birch Bayh Posted Image, Edward Brooke Posted Image, Tom Coburn Posted Image, Ted Cruz Posted Image, Jeremiah Denton Posted Image, Bob Dole, Dianne Feinstein Posted Image, John Glenn, Orrin Hatch Posted Image, Ernest "Fritz" Hollings, Tim Johnson Posted Image, Mark Kirk Posted Image, Paul Laxalt Posted Image, John McCain, Mitch McConnell Posted Image, Walter Mondale, Harry Reid, Jay Rockefeller Posted Image, John Warner Posted Image

ShadowList 2014:
Rev. Billy Graham, General Jaruzelski, George Bush, Olivia de Havilland, Kirk Douglas, John Glenn, Luise Rainer, Christopher Lee, Nancy Reagan, Eli Wallach, Zsa Zsa Gabor, Bob Dole, Beverly Cleary, Robert Mugabe, Chuck Berry, Al Molinaro, Stan Lee, Lyndon LaRouche,
Ariel Sharon, Don Pardo, Jim Leavelle, Boutros Boutros-Ghali, Don Rickles, June Foray, Mort Walker, Paul Laxalt, I.M. Pei, Edward Brooke, Pope Benedict XVI, Alan Young, Henry Kissinger, Hiroo Onoda, Chuck Yeager, Dr. Henry Heimlich, George Shultz, Vera Lynn, Mickey Rooney, Fidel Castro, Noel Neill, Jimmy Carter, Ben Bradlee, Mary Tyler Moore, Jack T. Chick, Jerry Lewis, Jake LaMotta, King Abdullah bin Abdul-Aziz, Helmut Schmidt, Harper Lee, Gloria Vanderbilt, Abe Vigoda

#75 Rotten Ali

Value for money

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,194 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 06:49 PM

Well done from me too Spade - very impressive.
nine down, 41 to go...
DL Shadow List: King Abdullah, Muhammad Ali, Sir Richard Attenborough, Tariq Aziz, Pope Benedict XVI, Tony Benn, Ian Brady, George HW Bush, Sid Caeser, Fidel Castro, George Cole, Katherine Crowe, Liz Dawn, Bob Dole, Kirk Douglas, Jean Claude Duvalier, Queen Fabiola of Belgium, Louis Farrakhan, Aretha Franklin, Zsa Zsa Gabor, James Garner, Ruth Bader Ginsburg, Mikhail Gorbachev, Billy Graham, King Harald V of Norway, Valerie Harper, Joao Havelange, Stephen Hawking, Jimmy Hill, Clive James, Yahya Jammeh, General Jaruzelski, Wilko Johnson, Casey Kasem, Stan Lee, Jerry Lee Lewis, Penny Marshall, T O N Mbasogo, Mary Tyler Moore, Hosni Mubarak, Ian Paisley, Nancy Reagan, Albert Reynolds, Ariel Sharon, Sam Simon, Jeremy Thorpe, Gough Whitlam, Lee Kuan Yew, Michael York & Jiang Zemin. 9/50

#76 maryportfuncity

• Members
  • 11,064 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 10:56 PM

Just warning yers...expect a new Deathrace thread to emerge in the next seven days. Pretty much the same rules and same deal as before. But- since it'll be a day or two before I put it up here - any strongly held opinions about Deathrace matters, ideas for changes etc, could usefully be posted in this thread. At which point - no bull - they'll be seriously considered before we open the doors to entrants. I'm particularly keen on ideas about how to enter low-hangers (in the Deathrace, not sexually!). I've offered the Deathrace Dirty Dozen option as an alternative to simply fielding the DDP teams in the hope that a really dirty bunch of low-hangers would clean up, but so far this attempt to reward initiative has come to nowt. Do I limit it to DDP teams, expand the alternative option, or do summat else?

Be seeing you!
Posted Image

Reply to this topic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users