- - - - -

President al-Assad of Syria Bashar to get bashed?

84 replies to this topic

#1 TAFKAG

Twombly of Twimbledon Common

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,110 posts

Posted 22 October 2011 - 01:16 PM

It seems quite likely that he'll be the next of the Arab spring (autumn?) topplers, but will he suffer the same fate as Saddam and Gaddafi or that of Ben Ali? Saleh's in a similar position, but could step down before he's brought down. I suppose Mubarak's somewhere in the middle for now.

~ O Sting, where is thy death? ~

#2 angryGreatness

Executioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 657 posts

Posted 24 October 2011 - 10:57 PM

Gaddafi's fate is definitely making me consider putting fellow Arabian dictators Bashar al-Assad, Ali Abdullah Saleh, and maybe even Abdelaziz Bouteflika on next year's DDP.

Al-Assad in particular is begging for a bullet to the head and Saleh already has had an attempt on his life.

Only thing I'm worried about is the possibility bastards being taking alive and executed, robbing me of points.

#3 sympathyforthedevil

Shipman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 489 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 11:13 PM

It appears his downfall is nigh (unless Russia can save his sorry arse):

http://www.bbc.co.uk...e-east-16796616

#4 Windsor

LFN Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,319 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 11:21 PM

As time goes on, I grow more and more convinced that 2012 really will lead to the end of the world.

This is just an attempt to pick a fight with Iran.
Shadow List 2014.

Wilko Johnson, Muhammed Ali, Helen Fawkes, David Norris, Flora Fraser, Stephen Lewis, Jim Bowen, John Bardon, Albert Reynolds, Rev Billy Graham, Daisy Berkowitz, Wojciech Jaeuzelski, Clive James, Robert Mugabe, George H. W. Bush, Leslie Phillips, Zsa Zsa Gabor, Stephen Hawking, Nancy Reagan, Jeremy Thorpe, Cardinal Keith O'Brien, Tariq Aziz, Murray Walker, Stuart Hall, Luise Rainer, Liz Dawn, Bob Dole, Edgar Ray Killen, Prince Philip, Paul O'Grady, Arthur Scargill, Jalal Talabani, Iain Paisley, Mikhail Gorbachez, Sean Connery, Jimmy Greaves, Sir Nicholas Winton, Sam Simon, Derek Fowlds, Pope Benedict XVI, Richard Attenborough, Harlan Ellison, Fidel Castro, Valerie Harper, Saif al-Isam Megrahi, Queen Fabiola, Ariel Sharon, Liz Smith, Bruce Forsyth, Fred Phelps.

2009: 13/50, 2010: 10/50, 2011: 9/50, 2012: 15/50, 2013:16/50, 2014: 7/50 Winner of the 2010 Dustpool.

#5 maryportfuncity

Dedicated Cumbrian Corpse Hound, or summat

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,230 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 03:32 PM

Only a species as fucked up and self-centered as humanity would equate it's own destruction with the end of the world. The planet will survive us, even if we nuke ourselves into oblivion. But we warned, Cumbrians have been messing with nuclear power longer than any other corner of the planet. I'm fairly convinced my cousin and a few of his mates, who've been at Sellafield since anyone can remember, would survive the so-called apolcalypse and if we're reliant on those head-bangers to re-populate the planet you could safely assume that movies like The Road have under-estimated the bestial nature of the survivors.
Posted Image

Maryport is a disappointment for which there is no cure, but the annual Deathrace thread hereabouts provides welcome distraction.

#6 Magere Hein

Film land, Homer!

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,674 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 08:07 PM

View Postmaryportfuncity, on 31 January 2012 - 03:32 PM, said:

Only a species as fucked up and self-centered as humanity would equate it's own destruction with the end of the world. The planet will survive us, even if we nuke ourselves into oblivion. But we warned, Cumbrians have been messing with nuclear power longer than any other corner of the planet. I'm fairly convinced my cousin and a few of his mates, who've been at Sellafield since anyone can remember, would survive the so-called apolcalypse and if we're reliant on those head-bangers to re-populate the planet you could safely assume that movies like The Road have under-estimated the bestial nature of the survivors.

From which we learn that what God has united, human beings must not divide.

regards,
Hein
DDP 2014 team The Grey Horde:
King Abdullah of Saudi Arabia, Ayman al-Zawahiri, Lys Assia, Sister Wendy Beckett, Ryan Buell Posted Image,Jacques Chirac, Felix Dennis, Aretha Franklin, Ruth Bader Ginsburg, Marilyn Horne, Clive James, General Wojciech Jaruzelski, Wilko Johnson, Helmut Kohl, Joseph Kony, Misao Okawa, Bernie Madoff, Robert Mugabe, Julie Newmar, Michael Schumacher

DDP 2014 theme team Minions of Xuleneb:
King Albert II, Princess Beatrix, Prince Bernhard jr, Elco Brinkman, Corry Brokken, Dick Bruna, Raymond Ceulemans, Godfried Danneels, Piet de Jong, Mark Eyskens, Queen Fabiola Of Belgium Posted Image, Jan Janssen, Grand Duke Jean I of Luxembourg, Wubbo Ockels, Fernando Ricksen, Kees Rijvers, Wim Ruska, Toots Thielemans, Martinus J. G. Veltman, Geert Wilders

#7 Rotten Ali

Value for money

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,250 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 10:14 PM

Really upset at the BBC news reports coming out of Syria tonight. How can we let ordinary people from this area just be be murdered like this? Shooting orders going out to kill anything that moves even down to 12 year old boys. Just unreal.
Yes yes yes yes yes... yes yes yes yes, no!

(Trevor Peacock as Jim Trott in the Vicar of Dibley)

DL Shadow List: King Abdullah, Muhammad Ali, Sir Richard Attenborough, Tariq Aziz, Pope Benedict XVI, Tony Benn, Ian Brady, George HW Bush, Sid Caeser, Fidel Castro, George Cole, Katherine Crowe, Liz Dawn, Bob Dole, Kirk Douglas, Jean Claude Duvalier, Queen Fabiola of Belgium, Louis Farrakhan, Aretha Franklin, Zsa Zsa Gabor, James Garner, Ruth Bader Ginsburg, Mikhail Gorbachev, Billy Graham, King Harald V of Norway, Valerie Harper, Joao Havelange, Stephen Hawking, Jimmy Hill, Clive James, Yahya Jammeh, General Jaruzelski, Wilko Johnson, Casey Kasem, Stan Lee, Jerry Lee Lewis, Penny Marshall, T O N Mbasogo, Mary Tyler Moore, Hosni Mubarak, Ian Paisley, Nancy Reagan, Albert Reynolds, Ariel Sharon, Sam Simon, Jeremy Thorpe, Gough Whitlam, Lee Kuan Yew, Michael York & Jiang Zemin. 11/50

#8 Windsor

LFN Hunter

• Members
  • 6,319 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 10:55 PM

View PostRotten Ali, on 05 March 2012 - 10:14 PM, said:

Really upset at the BBC news reports coming out of Syria tonight. How can we let ordinary people from this area just be be murdered like this? Shooting orders going out to kill anything that moves even down to 12 year old boys. Just unreal.

There's not much we can do. With these countries you seem to remove one set of murderers to let another set in.
Shadow List 2014.

Wilko Johnson, Muhammed Ali, Helen Fawkes, David Norris, Flora Fraser, Stephen Lewis, Jim Bowen, John Bardon, Albert Reynolds, Rev Billy Graham, Daisy Berkowitz, Wojciech Jaeuzelski, Clive James, Robert Mugabe, George H. W. Bush, Leslie Phillips, Zsa Zsa Gabor, Stephen Hawking, Nancy Reagan, Jeremy Thorpe, Cardinal Keith O'Brien, Tariq Aziz, Murray Walker, Stuart Hall, Luise Rainer, Liz Dawn, Bob Dole, Edgar Ray Killen, Prince Philip, Paul O'Grady, Arthur Scargill, Jalal Talabani, Iain Paisley, Mikhail Gorbachez, Sean Connery, Jimmy Greaves, Sir Nicholas Winton, Sam Simon, Derek Fowlds, Pope Benedict XVI, Richard Attenborough, Harlan Ellison, Fidel Castro, Valerie Harper, Saif al-Isam Megrahi, Queen Fabiola, Ariel Sharon, Liz Smith, Bruce Forsyth, Fred Phelps.

2009: 13/50, 2010: 10/50, 2011: 9/50, 2012: 15/50, 2013:16/50, 2014: 7/50 Winner of the 2010 Dustpool.

#9 themaninblack

Pun Plunderer

• Members
  • 6,207 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 11:50 PM

View PostWindsor, on 05 March 2012 - 10:55 PM, said:

There's not much we can do. With these countries you seem to remove one set of murderers to let another set in.

If Syria had oil, then something would be done...
"I must have killed more men than Cecil B. DeMille."

Gene Wilder as "the Waco Kid", Blazing Saddles (1974)

#10 Windsor

LFN Hunter

• Members
  • 6,319 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 12:17 AM

View Postthemaninblack, on 05 March 2012 - 11:50 PM, said:

View PostWindsor, on 05 March 2012 - 10:55 PM, said:

If Syria had oil, then something would be done...

If they had oil we'd be doing even less. Better the evil you know...
Shadow List 2014.

#11 Banshees Scream

Dwarf tosser

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,436 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 05:25 AM

Killing anything that moves .. sigh. He's a president.

Right in front of him someone should fuck his .. god said no to this post, Mr.Scream.

#12 Spade_Cooley

Rich Homie Quantick

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,857 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 09:29 PM

Posted Image
"I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow

"Get back to task and participate, or you will come with us at the finale to dance, although there will be shocking deaths. Yoshi is coming for me." - Pikalin Soutdalany

#13 JR976evil

I Need To Get A Life!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,558 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 11:27 PM

If he sticks around, sooner or later chances are he'll end up like Gadaffi, or perhaps he and the missus will suffer the same fate as Mr & Mrs Ceausescu. Couldn't happen to a nicer couple

#14 adrian0719

Executioner

• Members
  • 538 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 10:25 AM

Dawoud Rajiha, the Syrian defense minister is reported to have been killed according to AlJazeera's twitter account.

EDIT: Assad's brother-in-law, Assef Shawkat is now reported dead by Reuters India.
DDP: I will not die, it's the world that will end!: Sam Simon, Michael Schumacher, Sandy Jardine, Wilko Johnson, Candye Kane, Ryan Glenny, Lynne Stewart, Joost van der Westhuizen, Daisy Berkowitz, Clive James, Rev. Billy Graham, Casey Kasem, Mike Porcaro, Darren Daulton, Wubbo Ockels, Mike Burney, Sally Farmiloe, Pat Rice, Valerie Harper, David Norris

DDP Theme Team: The British (D)i(e)sles:
Katherine Crowe, Mary Wilson, Doug Ellis, Maureen O’Hara, Peter Maxwell Davies, Albert Reynolds, Tony Benn, John Bardon, Chris Woodhead, James Alexander Gordon, Liz Dawn, Peter Carrington, Jimmy Hill, Ethel Lang, Henry McCullough, Penny Calvert, Prince Philip, Christopher Lee, Ian Paisley, Murray Walker

Shadow:
Jay Lake, Alby Schultz, Abdullah bin Abdul-Aziz Al Saud, Little Jimmy Dickens, Wojciech Jaruzelski, Chespirito, June Foray, Dawn Sears, Kate Bornstein, Frances Oldham Kelly, Kim Kyong-hui, Bunny Mellon, Ellen Albertini Dow, Bob Dole, Hutton Gibson, Joao Havelange, Carlo Azeglio Ciampi, Ramon Jose Velasquez, Carman, Dora Bryan, Noel Neill, Abdul Sattar Edhil, Alicia Alonso, Kirk Douglas, Misao Okawa, Joan Kirner, Nancy Reagan, Raymond Gravel, Robert Schuller, Olivia de Havilland, Bess Myerson, Norman Lear, Zsa Zsa Gabor, Fidel Castro, Nuon Chea, Raul H. Castro, Mario Oriano-Ambrosini, Akkineni Nageswara Rao, George H.W. Bush, Joe Lala, Dean Bailey, Margherita Marchione, Robert Mugabe, Ieng Thirith, Don Rickles, Adolfo Suarez, Ariel Sharon, Gough Whitlam, Superstar Billy Graham

#15 Guest_Guest_*

• Guests

Posted 18 July 2012 - 04:27 PM

Basically h alf the inner circle of Assad have been wiped out in the attack http://www.bbc.co.uk...e-east-18882149 . lets hope they get the main man himself next time!

#16 the_engineer

The Alpha & The Omega

• Members
  • 1,528 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 11:37 PM

I have a feeling he won't stay and die in syria like gaddafi. If he is killed it will be with an attack similar to the one that killed half his inner circle. he will probably flee to Iran or russia when the net starts to tighten in.
I don't believe in coincidences

Basketball was invented in 1987 by konami.

A Man who never eats pork buns is never a whole man .

genesis 22 16 - 18

DDP 2014 - Sovereign-Reaper

wilko johnsonPosted Image , joost van der westhuizen ,George h.w bush , sam simon , valerie harper , Kate Granger , Katherine Crowe, wojcech jaruzelski ,Sally Farmiloe , Clive James , Billy Graham , Tony Benn , Zsa Zsa Gabor , Vera lynn , Kirk Douglas , Saif Gaddafi , Superstar Billy Graham ,Stuart Hall , Fats Domino ,Isabel Peron.

Hartlepool Deadlypool 2014

Billy Graham
Wojcech Jaruzelski
Wilko Johnson
Sam Simon
Joost Van Der Westhuizen
Valerie Harper
Kate Granger

Sally Farmiloe
Katherine Crowe
Clive James

subs 1) George H.W Bush 2) Rolf Harris

#17 JR976evil

I Need To Get A Life!

• Members
  • 1,558 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 12:17 AM

View Postthe_engineer, on 18 July 2012 - 11:37 PM, said:

I have a feeling he won't stay and die in syria like gaddafi. If he is killed it will be with an attack similar to the one that killed half his inner circle. he will probably flee to Iran or russia when the net starts to tighten in.

If he has any sense

#18 adrian0719

Executioner

• Members
  • 538 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 09:45 AM

Here's a run down from Wikipedia on who's died and who might be on the verge of dying. Syrian State TV just confirmed a few minutes ago that the Intelligence Chief had carked it; I believe the interior minister is not far behind.
DDP: I will not die, it's the world that will end!: Sam Simon, Michael Schumacher, Sandy Jardine, Wilko Johnson, Candye Kane, Ryan Glenny, Lynne Stewart, Joost van der Westhuizen, Daisy Berkowitz, Clive James, Rev. Billy Graham, Casey Kasem, Mike Porcaro, Darren Daulton, Wubbo Ockels, Mike Burney, Sally Farmiloe, Pat Rice, Valerie Harper, David Norris

DDP Theme Team: The British (D)i(e)sles:
Katherine Crowe, Mary Wilson, Doug Ellis, Maureen O’Hara, Peter Maxwell Davies, Albert Reynolds, Tony Benn, John Bardon, Chris Woodhead, James Alexander Gordon, Liz Dawn, Peter Carrington, Jimmy Hill, Ethel Lang, Henry McCullough, Penny Calvert, Prince Philip, Christopher Lee, Ian Paisley, Murray Walker

Shadow:
Jay Lake, Alby Schultz, Abdullah bin Abdul-Aziz Al Saud, Little Jimmy Dickens, Wojciech Jaruzelski, Chespirito, June Foray, Dawn Sears, Kate Bornstein, Frances Oldham Kelly, Kim Kyong-hui, Bunny Mellon, Ellen Albertini Dow, Bob Dole, Hutton Gibson, Joao Havelange, Carlo Azeglio Ciampi, Ramon Jose Velasquez, Carman, Dora Bryan, Noel Neill, Abdul Sattar Edhil, Alicia Alonso, Kirk Douglas, Misao Okawa, Joan Kirner, Nancy Reagan, Raymond Gravel, Robert Schuller, Olivia de Havilland, Bess Myerson, Norman Lear, Zsa Zsa Gabor, Fidel Castro, Nuon Chea, Raul H. Castro, Mario Oriano-Ambrosini, Akkineni Nageswara Rao, George H.W. Bush, Joe Lala, Dean Bailey, Margherita Marchione, Robert Mugabe, Ieng Thirith, Don Rickles, Adolfo Suarez, Ariel Sharon, Gough Whitlam, Superstar Billy Graham

#19 JR976evil

I Need To Get A Life!

• Members
  • 1,558 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 11:06 AM

View Postadrian0719, on 20 July 2012 - 09:45 AM, said:

Here's a run down from Wikipedia on who's died and who might be on the verge of dying. Syrian State just confirmed a few minutes ago that the Intelligence Chief had carked it; I believe the interior minister is not far behind.

Now that's what you call a cabinet shake-up :)

#20 maryportfuncity

Dedicated Cumbrian Corpse Hound, or summat

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,230 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 11:31 AM

Speculation on the Today programme this morning that the whole thing was a failed coup attempt, which might explain the tonnage of death given that those loyal would tend to dispense summary justice and leave the coupsters silent. Either way; I don't think Assad is as stupid as Gadaffi and reckon he'll get the hell out of there in time to save his own skin. Next stop (almost certainly) Russia.
Posted Image

Maryport is a disappointment for which there is no cure, but the annual Deathrace thread hereabouts provides welcome distraction.

Reply to this topic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users