Photo
- - - - -

President al-Assad of SyriaBashar to get bashed?

84 replies to this topic

#1 TAFKAG

TAFKAG

Twombly of Twimbledon Common

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,111 posts

Posted 22 October 2011 - 01:16 PM

It seems quite likely that he'll be the next of the Arab spring (autumn?) topplers, but will he suffer the same fate as Saddam and Gaddafi or that of Ben Ali? Saleh's in a similar position, but could step down before he's brought down. I suppose Mubarak's somewhere in the middle for now.

~ O Sting, where is thy death? ~

#2 angryGreatness

angryGreatness

Executioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 657 posts

Posted 24 October 2011 - 10:57 PM

Gaddafi's fate is definitely making me consider putting fellow Arabian dictators Bashar al-Assad, Ali Abdullah Saleh, and maybe even Abdelaziz Bouteflika on next year's DDP.

Al-Assad in particular is begging for a bullet to the head and Saleh already has had an attempt on his life.

Only thing I'm worried about is the possibility bastards being taking alive and executed, robbing me of points.

#3 sympathyforthedevil

sympathyforthedevil

Shipman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 489 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 11:13 PM

It appears his downfall is nigh (unless Russia can save his sorry arse):

http://www.bbc.co.uk...e-east-16796616

#4 Windsor

Windsor

LFN Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,388 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 11:21 PM

As time goes on, I grow more and more convinced that 2012 really will lead to the end of the world.

This is just an attempt to pick a fight with Iran.

Shadow List 2015.

Sam Simon, Robert Mugabe, Bhumibol Abdulyadej, Rob Ford, Bob Dole, Muhammed Ali, Qaboos bin Sa'id, Zsa Zsa Gabor, Ian Brady, Peter Sutcliffe, Clive James, Caroline Aherne, Abdelaziz Bouteflika, George H. W. Bush, Nancy Reagan, Greville Janner, Rev Billy Graham, Henry Sandon, Sheila Sim, Desmond Tutu, Jean Alexander, Leon Brittan, Prince Philip, Sir Roger Bannister, Sir Albert McQuarrie, Mary Wilson, Pope Benedict XVI, Pope Francis, Ayatollah Ali Khamenei, Sir Christopher Lee, Stephen Hawking, Harlan Ellison, Jim Bowen, Fidel Castro, Grand Duke Jean, Kirk Douglas, Denis Healey, Valerie Harper, Ken Dodd, Sir Nicholas Winton, Jalal Talabani, Vera Lynn, Murray Walker, Lord Snowdon, Flora Fraser, Tariq Aziz, Bill Cosby, Liz Smith, Liz Dawn, Daisy Berkowitz.

2009: 13/50, 2010: 10/50, 2011: 9/50, 2012: 15/50, 2013:16/50, 2014: 10/50, 2015: 1/50 Winner of the 2010 Dustpool.

#5 maryportfuncity

maryportfuncity

Dedicated Cumbrian Corpse Hound, or summat

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,645 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 03:32 PM

Only a species as fucked up and self-centered as humanity would equate it's own destruction with the end of the world. The planet will survive us, even if we nuke ourselves into oblivion. But we warned, Cumbrians have been messing with nuclear power longer than any other corner of the planet. I'm fairly convinced my cousin and a few of his mates, who've been at Sellafield since anyone can remember, would survive the so-called apolcalypse and if we're reliant on those head-bangers to re-populate the planet you could safely assume that movies like The Road have under-estimated the bestial nature of the survivors.
  • Davey Jones' Locker likes this
Posted Image

Maryport is a disappointment for which there is no cure, but the annual Deathrace thread hereabouts provides welcome distraction.

#6 Magere Hein

Magere Hein

Film land, Homer!

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,972 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 08:07 PM

Only a species as fucked up and self-centered as humanity would equate it's own destruction with the end of the world. The planet will survive us, even if we nuke ourselves into oblivion. But we warned, Cumbrians have been messing with nuclear power longer than any other corner of the planet. I'm fairly convinced my cousin and a few of his mates, who've been at Sellafield since anyone can remember, would survive the so-called apolcalypse and if we're reliant on those head-bangers to re-populate the planet you could safely assume that movies like The Road have under-estimated the bestial nature of the survivors.

From which we learn that what God has united, human beings must not divide.

regards,
Hein
DDP 2015 team The Grey Horde: 1/20
DDP 2015 theme team Minions of Xuleneb : 0/20

1 Corinthians 15:55

#7 Rotten Ali

Rotten Ali

Value for money

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,353 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 10:14 PM

Really upset at the BBC news reports coming out of Syria tonight. How can we let ordinary people from this area just be be murdered like this? Shooting orders going out to kill anything that moves even down to 12 year old boys. Just unreal.
"HARE" we go again

Shadow List '15. King Abdullah, Caroline Aherne, Muhammad Ali, Ayatollah Ali Khamenei, Chuck Barris, Daisy Berkowitz, Jules Bianchi, Colin Bloomfield, George HW Bush, Ian Brady, Glen Campbell, Fidel Castro, Martin Crowe, Liz Dawn, Jenny Diski, Bob Dole, Kirk Douglas, Guy Edwards, Rob Ford, Zsa Zsa Gabor, Paul Gascoigne, Ruth Bader Ginsburg, Billy Graham, Jimmy Greaves, Valerie Harper, Joao Havelange, Olivia de Haviland, Stephen Hawking, Jimmy Hill, Clive James, Yahya Jammeh, J P Jaussard, Christopher Lee, Stan Lee, Penny Marshall, Mary Tyler Moore, Mesrob II, Robert Mugabe, Leonard Nimoy, James Prior, Nancy Reagan, Sam Simon, Percy Sledge, Superstar Billy Graham, Joost van der Westhuizen, Gunther von Hagens, Lee Kuan Yew, Michael York, Jiang Zemin & Emile Derlin Zinsou. 1/50.

#8 Windsor

Windsor

LFN Hunter

• Members
  • 6,388 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 10:55 PM

Really upset at the BBC news reports coming out of Syria tonight. How can we let ordinary people from this area just be be murdered like this? Shooting orders going out to kill anything that moves even down to 12 year old boys. Just unreal.

There's not much we can do. With these countries you seem to remove one set of murderers to let another set in.

Shadow List 2015.

Sam Simon, Robert Mugabe, Bhumibol Abdulyadej, Rob Ford, Bob Dole, Muhammed Ali, Qaboos bin Sa'id, Zsa Zsa Gabor, Ian Brady, Peter Sutcliffe, Clive James, Caroline Aherne, Abdelaziz Bouteflika, George H. W. Bush, Nancy Reagan, Greville Janner, Rev Billy Graham, Henry Sandon, Sheila Sim, Desmond Tutu, Jean Alexander, Leon Brittan, Prince Philip, Sir Roger Bannister, Sir Albert McQuarrie, Mary Wilson, Pope Benedict XVI, Pope Francis, Ayatollah Ali Khamenei, Sir Christopher Lee, Stephen Hawking, Harlan Ellison, Jim Bowen, Fidel Castro, Grand Duke Jean, Kirk Douglas, Denis Healey, Valerie Harper, Ken Dodd, Sir Nicholas Winton, Jalal Talabani, Vera Lynn, Murray Walker, Lord Snowdon, Flora Fraser, Tariq Aziz, Bill Cosby, Liz Smith, Liz Dawn, Daisy Berkowitz.

2009: 13/50, 2010: 10/50, 2011: 9/50, 2012: 15/50, 2013:16/50, 2014: 10/50, 2015: 1/50 Winner of the 2010 Dustpool.

#9 themaninblack

themaninblack

Pun Plunderer

• Members
  • 6,352 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 11:50 PM

There's not much we can do. With these countries you seem to remove one set of murderers to let another set in.

If Syria had oil, then something would be done...
"I must have killed more men than Cecil B. DeMille."

Gene Wilder as "the Waco Kid", Blazing Saddles (1974)

#10 Windsor

Windsor

LFN Hunter

• Members
  • 6,388 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 12:17 AM

If Syria had oil, then something would be done...

If they had oil we'd be doing even less. Better the evil you know...

Shadow List 2015.

#11 Banshees Scream

Banshees Scream

Dwarf tosser

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,466 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 05:25 AM

Killing anything that moves .. sigh. He's a president.

Right in front of him someone should fuck his .. god said no to this post, Mr.Scream.

#12 Spade_Cooley

Spade_Cooley

Rich Homie Quantick

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,014 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 09:29 PM

Posted Image
"I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow

"Get back to task and participate, or you will come with us at the finale to dance, although there will be shocking deaths. Yoshi is coming for me." - Pikalin Soutdalany

#13 JR976evil

JR976evil

I Need To Get A Life!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,587 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 11:27 PM

If he sticks around, sooner or later chances are he'll end up like Gadaffi, or perhaps he and the missus will suffer the same fate as Mr & Mrs Ceausescu. Couldn't happen to a nicer couple

#14 adrian0719

adrian0719

Executioner

• Members
  • 545 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 10:25 AM

Dawoud Rajiha, the Syrian defense minister is reported to have been killed according to AlJazeera's twitter account.

EDIT: Assad's brother-in-law, Assef Shawkat is now reported dead by Reuters India.

DDP: I will not die, it's the world that will end!: Colin Bloomfield, Sam Simon, Vojislav Seselj, Hans Breukhoven, Martin Crowe, Rob Ford, George Alagiah, Percy Sledge, Henning Mankell, Wilko Johnson, Valerie Harper, Joost van der Westhuizen, Daisy Berkowitz, Caroline Aherne, Jules Bianchi, Jorge Zorreguieta, Francis George, Pat Rice, Mike Porcaro, Ryuichi Sakamato

DDP Theme Team: Blue in the Blood, and in the Face: Qaboos bin Said al Said, Prince Philip, Margaret Rhodes, Eric Lubbock, Patricia Knatchbull, Anthony Armstrong-Jones, Prince Kardam of Turnovo, Michael I of Romania, Grand Duke Jean of Luxembourg, Juan Carlos I of Spain, Queen Sirikit, Bhumibol Adulyadej, Abdullah bin Abulaziz Al-Saud, Sabah Al-Ahmad Al-Jaber Al-Sabah, Peter Carrington, Claus von Bülow, Prince Mikasa, Salman bin Abulaziz Al Saud, Marella Agnelli, Hubert de Givenchy

Shadow: Jerry Maren, Vera Lynn, Clarissa Eden, Bernard Lewis, Sheila Sim, Jerry Tarkanian, Chris Sager, Kenneth Kaunda, William Schallert, Yogi Berra, John B. Anderson, Dorothy Malone, Ralph Hauenstein, Dickie Moore, Jimmy Lydon, John Forbes Nash, Jean Doré, Jim Ed Brown, Bart Starr, Mike Slive, John Warner, Gordie Howe, Judy Martz, Bryan Muarry, Danielle Darrieux, John Dingell, Ursula Franklin, Harry Whitington, Yasuhiro Nakasone, Desmond Tutu, Muhammad Ali, Hugh Downs, Robert Mugabe, George H.W. Bush, John Paul Stevens, Carol Channing, Honor Blackman, BB King, Diana Dill, Grant Tinker, Rudy Behlmer, Abdelaziz Bouteflika, Kirk Douglas, Rev. Billy Graham, Joao Havelange, Nancy Reagan, Zsa Zsa Gabor, Olivia deHavilland, Fidel Castro, Little Jimmy Dickens

#15 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 July 2012 - 04:27 PM

Basically h alf the inner circle of Assad have been wiped out in the attack http://www.bbc.co.uk...e-east-18882149 . lets hope they get the main man himself next time!

#16 the_engineer

the_engineer

The Alpha & The Omega

• Members
  • 1,606 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 11:37 PM

I have a feeling he won't stay and die in syria like gaddafi. If he is killed it will be with an attack similar to the one that killed half his inner circle. he will probably flee to Iran or russia when the net starts to tighten in.
I don't believe in coincidences

Basketball was invented in 1987 by konami.

A Man who never eats pork buns is never a whole man .

genesis 22 16 - 18

DDP 2015 - Sovereign-Reaper

Sam SimonPosted Image, Joost van der westhuizen , Kate granger, Clive James ,Rev Billy Graham , Bobby 'the brain ' Heenan , Michael schumacher, Helen Fawkes, Fidel Castro , Dave Benton , Mario Jorge Lobo Zagallo , Tom Attwater, Jiang Zemin , Caroline Aherne, Paul Gascoigne, Joanne woodward,Peter Sallis,Sidney cooke,Martin Crowe, Ellen albertini dow.

DDP 2015 THEME TEAM - Couldn't even make 50 what lightweights !!

Kate Granger Posted Image, Joost van der westhuizen , Helen Fawkes, Paul gascoigne, Tammy Lynn stych, Ian Watkins, Michael Schumacher, Edward Davenport, Matt 'Rosey' Anoa'i, Jamie lynn spears, Amanda Knox, Divya Palat, Kris Taylor, Frankie Muniz, Amanda Bynes, The great Khali, Jennifer Arnold, Rob ford, Deryck whibley,Kim jong Un.

Hartlepool Deadlypool 2015

1) sam simon
2) billy graham - evangelist
3) Bobby the brain Heenan
4) dr kate granger
5) misao okawa
6) Joost van der westhuizen
7) caroline aherne
8) martin crowe
9) bhumibol adulyadej
10) helen fawkes

#17 JR976evil

JR976evil

I Need To Get A Life!

• Members
  • 1,587 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 12:17 AM

I have a feeling he won't stay and die in syria like gaddafi. If he is killed it will be with an attack similar to the one that killed half his inner circle. he will probably flee to Iran or russia when the net starts to tighten in.

If he has any sense

#18 adrian0719

adrian0719

Executioner

• Members
  • 545 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 09:45 AM

Here's a run down from Wikipedia on who's died and who might be on the verge of dying. Syrian State TV just confirmed a few minutes ago that the Intelligence Chief had carked it; I believe the interior minister is not far behind.

DDP: I will not die, it's the world that will end!: Colin Bloomfield, Sam Simon, Vojislav Seselj, Hans Breukhoven, Martin Crowe, Rob Ford, George Alagiah, Percy Sledge, Henning Mankell, Wilko Johnson, Valerie Harper, Joost van der Westhuizen, Daisy Berkowitz, Caroline Aherne, Jules Bianchi, Jorge Zorreguieta, Francis George, Pat Rice, Mike Porcaro, Ryuichi Sakamato

DDP Theme Team: Blue in the Blood, and in the Face: Qaboos bin Said al Said, Prince Philip, Margaret Rhodes, Eric Lubbock, Patricia Knatchbull, Anthony Armstrong-Jones, Prince Kardam of Turnovo, Michael I of Romania, Grand Duke Jean of Luxembourg, Juan Carlos I of Spain, Queen Sirikit, Bhumibol Adulyadej, Abdullah bin Abulaziz Al-Saud, Sabah Al-Ahmad Al-Jaber Al-Sabah, Peter Carrington, Claus von Bülow, Prince Mikasa, Salman bin Abulaziz Al Saud, Marella Agnelli, Hubert de Givenchy

Shadow: Jerry Maren, Vera Lynn, Clarissa Eden, Bernard Lewis, Sheila Sim, Jerry Tarkanian, Chris Sager, Kenneth Kaunda, William Schallert, Yogi Berra, John B. Anderson, Dorothy Malone, Ralph Hauenstein, Dickie Moore, Jimmy Lydon, John Forbes Nash, Jean Doré, Jim Ed Brown, Bart Starr, Mike Slive, John Warner, Gordie Howe, Judy Martz, Bryan Muarry, Danielle Darrieux, John Dingell, Ursula Franklin, Harry Whitington, Yasuhiro Nakasone, Desmond Tutu, Muhammad Ali, Hugh Downs, Robert Mugabe, George H.W. Bush, John Paul Stevens, Carol Channing, Honor Blackman, BB King, Diana Dill, Grant Tinker, Rudy Behlmer, Abdelaziz Bouteflika, Kirk Douglas, Rev. Billy Graham, Joao Havelange, Nancy Reagan, Zsa Zsa Gabor, Olivia deHavilland, Fidel Castro, Little Jimmy Dickens

#19 JR976evil

JR976evil

I Need To Get A Life!

• Members
  • 1,587 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 11:06 AM

Here's a run down from Wikipedia on who's died and who might be on the verge of dying. Syrian State just confirmed a few minutes ago that the Intelligence Chief had carked it; I believe the interior minister is not far behind.

Now that's what you call a cabinet shake-up :)

#20 maryportfuncity

maryportfuncity

Dedicated Cumbrian Corpse Hound, or summat

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,645 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 11:31 AM

Speculation on the Today programme this morning that the whole thing was a failed coup attempt, which might explain the tonnage of death given that those loyal would tend to dispense summary justice and leave the coupsters silent. Either way; I don't think Assad is as stupid as Gadaffi and reckon he'll get the hell out of there in time to save his own skin. Next stop (almost certainly) Russia.
Posted Image

Maryport is a disappointment for which there is no cure, but the annual Deathrace thread hereabouts provides welcome distraction.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users