The Yeti

Irate Visitors Rage Here, If You Must.

Guest ANON

DEATHLIST GETTING BORING, JANUARY OVER NOT A SINGLE ENTRY TURNED TO BONES

DEATHLIST GETTING BORING, JANUARY OVER NOT A SINGLE ENTRY TURNED TO BONES

Did you find a proxy?

• Like 1

I feel that we can develop Deathlisting in to a more mainstream international phenomena and to do this we must break the negative connections with films like The Dead Pool and so I propose a series of stealth assaults through mainstream media.

Firstly and episode of The Big Bang Theory based around a Deathlist theme:

The Terminal Celebrity Probability

Sheldon is introduced to the concept of a Deathlist being run in the faculty and despite reservations agrees to participate but being Sheldon he has to approach the subject with a scientific rigour. He comes to the conclusion that his best chance of winning the game is to select William Shatner (originally I thought Nimoy but that might not be wise in the current circumstances). Naturally this will involve some moral wrangling as he is such a fan of Shatner's work. Then towards the end of the episode he reads a report of William Shatner's death and gloats accordingly but the report turns out to be a hoax. This would be even better if William Shatner actually appeared in the episode.

I am sure this would appeal to at least a section of the fans of the show.

If anyone likes this I may decide to share the idea for the Deathlist rom-com.

• Like 1

I feel that we can develop Deathlisting in to a more mainstream international phenomena and to do this we must break the negative connections with films like The Dead Pool and so I propose a series of stealth assaults through mainstream media.

Sheldon is introduced to the concept of a Deathlist being run in the faculty and despite reservations agrees to participate but being Sheldon he has to approach the subject with a scientific rigour. He comes to the conclusion that his best chance of winning the game is to select William Shatner (originally I thought Nimoy but that might not be wise in the current circumstances). Naturally this will involve some moral wrangling as he is such a fan of Shatner's work. Then towards the end of the episode he reads a report of William Shatner's death and gloats accordingly but the report turns out to be a hoax. This would be even better if William Shatner actually appeared in the episode.

The rom-com surely could be a Shallow Hal stylee job in which some slacker hell-bent on a clean sweep in the Rotten Dead Pool nails an early lead with a lucky snagging of aged celebs and a few who die in random accidents, at which point the only living person on his team is a Z-list reality TV bimbo down on her luck so far that she thinks she's in when he takes her out for coffee. A series of hilarious slapstick gags ensue as well-meaning passers by (played in cameo roles by well known faces) intervene to save her as his carefully laid plans to kill her in an apparent accident are thwarted. In the inevitable clinches and outbursts of crying that follow the near-death scrapes our anti-hero gradually develops genuine affection for the lady and the whole thing ends in the kind of mush-fest that puts the rom into the com, a la the final half hour of Three and Out, right?

Don't get me wrong, I'm loving the Shatner idea above but my idea could cast anyone within reason and be filmed in any country harbouring celebrities and obitable talent.

• Like 4

The rom-com surely could be a Shallow Hal stylee job in which some slacker hell-bent on a clean sweep in the Rotten Dead Pool nails an early lead with a lucky snagging of aged celebs and a few who die in random accidents, at which point the only living person on his team is a Z-list reality TV bimbo down on her luck so far that she thinks she's in when he takes her out for coffee. A series of hilarious slapstick gags ensue as well-meaning passers by (played in cameo roles by well known faces) intervene to save her as his carefully laid plans to kill her in an apparent accident are thwarted. In the inevitable clinches and outbursts of crying that follow the near-death scrapes our anti-hero gradually develops genuine affection for the lady and the whole thing ends in the kind of mush-fest that puts the rom into the com, a la the final half hour of Three and Out, right?

Don't get me wrong, I'm loving the Shatner idea above but my idea could cast anyone within reason and be filmed in any country harbouring celebrities and obitable talent.

Genius. :lol: I'd watch that.

Genius. :lol: I'd watch that.

Me too. Please make it happen.

I was going to go more Richard Curtis than Adam Sandler.

A young former child star (not based on anyone at all) comes to the UK to appear in a woefully miscast costume drama in order to get her career 'back on track'. She ends up getting drunk and doing something really stupid (car-crash) and her despairing manager contrives for her to stay in the UK whilsy she recovers. She is so bored that she Googles her own name and discovers a dead pool site where she is a frequent topic of discussion. She is so outraged she actually registers and starts stalking one of the most vitriolic posters. By some coincidence she somehow ends up actually meeting him and he turns out to be a nice (ish) but nerdy guy. They stay in touch and then she recovers and goes back to Hollywood where she has been cast in a massive SF blockbuster. Nerd guy makes a bet with her. He gives her a list which he tells her to look at in the future but if he is right she has to get him on to the set of the SF movie (of which he is a massive fan). Fast forward a few months and she has returned to her bad habits when one night she and a group of industry friends are out on the town when one of the girls ends up dying (drink, drugs, chokes on own vomit) at which point she remembers Nerd Guy's list. Her friends name is on the list alongside her and four other people saying one of these people will die in the next 12 months. She contacts him again and she pays for him to visit her when she asks him to explain how he knew. He says he didn't but there are things to look for. She fulfills her side of the bargain and he then flies home. She then gets her act together and decides to tackle some serious roles which works out really well and she is nominated for an award. She decides that the sole reason she did this is thanks to Nerd Guy and she asks him to accompany her to the award ceremony.

At the award ceremony (cameo heaven) she naturally wins but at the after party she sees NG talking to a veteren actor or actress (Betty White would be perfect) and he gives them a list. She challenges him to say what was on the list and he says the names of six people in this room who will die before 'Betty'. She asks if her name was on the list and he challenges her back asking If she has anything to live for....cue romantic ending.

Your one would probably do better at the box office....

I was going to go more Richard Curtis than Adam Sandler.

A young former child star (not based on anyone at all) comes to the UK to appear in a woefully miscast costume drama in order to get her career 'back on track'. She ends up getting drunk and doing something really stupid (car-crash) and her despairing manager contrives for her to stay in the UK whilsy she recovers. She is so bored that she Googles her own name and discovers a dead pool site where she is a frequent topic of discussion. She is so outraged she actually registers and starts stalking one of the most vitriolic posters. By some coincidence she somehow ends up actually meeting him and he turns out to be a nice (ish) but nerdy guy. They stay in touch and then she recovers and goes back to Hollywood where she has been cast in a massive SF blockbuster. Nerd guy makes a bet with her. He gives her a list which he tells her to look at in the future but if he is right she has to get him on to the set of the SF movie (of which he is a massive fan). Fast forward a few months and she has returned to her bad habits when one night she and a group of industry friends are out on the town when one of the girls ends up dying (drink, drugs, chokes on own vomit) at which point she remembers Nerd Guy's list. Her friends name is on the list alongside her and four other people saying one of these people will die in the next 12 months. She contacts him again and she pays for him to visit her when she asks him to explain how he knew. He says he didn't but there are things to look for. She fulfills her side of the bargain and he then flies home. She then gets her act together and decides to tackle some serious roles which works out really well and she is nominated for an award. She decides that the sole reason she did this is thanks to Nerd Guy and she asks him to accompany her to the award ceremony.

At the award ceremony (cameo heaven) she naturally wins but at the after party she sees NG talking to a veteren actor or actress (Betty White would be perfect) and he gives them a list. She challenges him to say what was on the list and he says the names of six people in this room who will die before 'Betty'. She asks if her name was on the list and he challenges her back asking If she has anything to live for....cue romantic ending.

Your one would probably do better at the box office....

Yeah, but yours borders on a proper drama with some challenging roles, it'd be the (re)making of Ms Lohan.

• Like 1

(Re posted from Dead of 2015 forum)

Case in point..... While a good number of celeb deaths have occurred in the past 48 hours, NONE are posted HERE, in the forum called the Deaths Of 2015. Yet I have to read all this garbage banter for what...,, 8 or so posts over whether some Guest posted first? In the meantime no obits are posted here in the forum called DEATHS OF 2015. What is the function of this forum if ALL obits aren't posted here? This should be one stop shopping. You wanna get cute and put a Nobel prize winner in that Nobel prize too, great.

Yet you deride a guest for posting here....cuz he thought he was first...cuz logic told him a forum called DEATHS OF 2015 may in fact be the place to post, oh I don't know, deaths for the year 2015?

For the record Lesley Gore died but you'll have to search all over to find it. Try dead Pop Stars. She is a dead pop star but apparently not part of the Class of 2015 Dead people. Smfh. And if posting obits in the other forums was priority, then having SIXTY-EIGHT PAGES of forums is asking quite a bit for a Guest to consume at one sitting. How about archiving 90% of those and making the list of forums something useful? Why a thread for 'who will be the 4th hit of 2014?' Archive that shit. You've only yourselves to blame for duplicitous posts what with duplicitous forums, a plethora of needless forums to sift through , and a search box that leant work on many occasions (it sure as hell doesn't list results by 'most recent update' which would be the only way it was useful).

SC

(Re posted from Dead of 2015 forum)

Case in point..... While a good number of celeb deaths have occurred in the past 48 hours, NONE are posted HERE, in the forum called the Deaths Of 2015. Yet I have to read all this garbage banter for what...,, 8 or so posts over whether some Guest posted first? In the meantime no obits are posted here in the forum called DEATHS OF 2015. What is the function of this forum if ALL obits aren't posted here? This should be one stop shopping. You wanna get cute and put a Nobel prize winner in that Nobel prize too, great.

Yet you deride a guest for posting here....cuz he thought he was first...cuz logic told him a forum called DEATHS OF 2015 may in fact be the place to post, oh I don't know, deaths for the year 2015?

For the record Lesley Gore died but you'll have to search all over to find it. Try dead Pop Stars. She is a dead pop star but apparently not part of the Class of 2015 Dead people. Smfh. And if posting obits in the other forums was priority, then having SIXTY-EIGHT PAGES of forums is asking quite a bit for a Guest to consume at one sitting. How about archiving 90% of those and making the list of forums something useful? Why a thread for 'who will be the 4th hit of 2014?' Archive that shit. You've only yourselves to blame for duplicitous posts what with duplicitous forums, a plethora of needless forums to sift through , and a search box that leant work on many occasions (it sure as hell doesn't list results by 'most recent update' which would be the only way it was useful).

SC

I'm not sure you mean duplicitous. Have you tried looking at the New Content page first. I find normally within a few seconds if something has been posted or not.

Edit: You can't be using the search facility properly. Adrian0719 posted about Lee Loong two days ago.

http://www.deathlist.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=8444&page=10#entry220460

It took me less than 10 seconds to find it. Make sure you use the drop down menu and select "forums" and not "this topic".

I do agree that ALL deaths should be recorded in the yearly thread, as well as in the appropriate and specific thread.

Ideally the person who is first to post a death should post it in both.

Nobody should be derided for posting a death in the year thread simply because it has been posted in another thread.

• Like 3

I was PMd about posting in both....as a no-no. It may have also been pointed out publicly I don't recall and couldn't care less. I haven't said who the primary complainer was but name rhymes with Cat---no wait, it STARTS with Cat I meant. I agree 100% all deaths should be posted twice (or more) once in 2015 list and them in appropriate forum(s). I expect to do that from here on out.

SC

Nimoy dies and you kill off his FORUM too????!!!!!! I wanted to see the posts.

SC

wtf?

• Like 2

Nimoy dies and you kill off his FORUM too????!!!!!! I wanted to see the posts.

SC

Then all you have to do is look at the thread, there are still comments being posted.

"1,815 Topics"

No on else has an issue with that?

Do you have that much clutter in your real lives?

Archive all that shit. Yes, admin, it'll take you an entire day of your life, but you've yourself to blame for letting it go for 15 years or more. Get a fourth master list call it Archives and pile 1600 of those topics in it.

Good Day

Sir Creep

"1,815 Topics"

Archive all that shit. Yes, admin, it'll take you an entire day of your life, but you've yourself to blame for letting it go for 15 years or more. Get a fourth master list call it Archives and pile 1600 of those topics in it.

Good Day

Sir Creep

Orrrrrrr.....you could just read them :)

"1,815 Topics"

Good Day

Sir Creep

Why should anyone have an issue with it? Why do you?

"1,815 Topics" - that's a lot

No on else has an issue with that? - Nope

Do you have that much clutter in your real lives? - Sometimes, but then again I don't feel compelled to read everything that's posted.

Archive all that shit. Yes, admin, it'll take you an entire day of your life, but you've yourself to blame for letting it go for 15 years or more. Get a fourth master list call it Archives and pile 1600 of those topics in it. - Why?

Good Day

Sir Creep

"1,815 Topics"

Old topics live just as well where they are as they would in some archive. I have better things to do with my time than such futility.

Massive KUDOS KUDOS KUDOS for adding an edit button on the mobile 'full' version of the page!

*claps hands and buys a round of drinks*

Sir C

Massive KUDOS KUDOS KUDOS for adding an edit button on the mobile 'full' version of the page!

Sir C

Tell you what, I will buy the round of drinks if you can use that edit button to edit yourself off of the fucking forum.

• Like 3

Sir C

I think the "full version" is just the version designed for desktop computers and laptops - the normal, regular version of the forum that has all the functions and the buttons.

I agree that the "mobile version" that you see on android and apple/i- phones and tablets by default is, er... well, a bit meh. I use it on my smartphone but the edit button and lots of other delicacies are either missing or well hidden - so I switched to the full version on my tablet. No performance issues, the only problem I had was that even the minimum font size is a bit too big so long posts can't fit on one screen. But at least I won't need glasses to use the forums. ;)

Edited by GossipGabe

Sir C

I'll have a pint of heavy with a bottle of Glenmorangie chaser.

• Like 2

Seriously, could you have found a worse photo of Sam Simon for the DL homepage? It hardly looks like him. For all I know it isn't.

SC

• Like 1