• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,175 posts

Posted 29 July 2011 - 11:51 PM

View PostWindsor, on Jul 30 2011, 12:13 AM, said:

View Posttime, on Jul 29 2011, 11:55 PM, said:

View PostWindsor, on Jul 29 2011, 05:15 PM, said:

View Posttime, on Jul 29 2011, 03:30 PM, said:

If he's docked 50, points, can I have them, because I picked my team based on the expectation that they would all die within the year. Here we are, nearly 7/12ths through the year and not one hit. Its not within the spirit of the game!

The difference is that if executed my candidate would be DEAD, whereas yours would still be ALIVE.
Thus I should get points because my candidate was DEAD, and you shouldn't because yours are still ALIVE.

I agree that your candidate will be dead, but, if he's executed, he will have died by circumstance not entitling you to any points, so, harsh as it may be, you shouldn't have any points.

Under the circumstances I should have my points because when I chose him back in December there was no hint of an execution. Everybody knows why the no execution rule was brought into play, and everybody knows that it doesn't apply to Mubarak's circumstances due to the timeline. I'm sure it wouldn't be an issue if 'one of the gang' had chosen him.

Deep down I'm sure that you all understand why I'd be entitled to the points. It really depends on how long you all plan on acting like a bunch of arse licking plebs, desperate to stay on the good side of the DDP organiser.

As opposed to standing up to them?

You have form...

That's what I found while researching the original thread regarding the executions rule which was originally modified by Octopus. He of course agrees with your argument, which is generous of him considering you were slagging him off from the beginning when he was the host.

My original views on executions was rather sanguine at the time.

I am now convinced of the counter argument to an extent. It's a question of interpretation and the rule isn't really clear enough. If we take it by the letter of the law it can be interpreted that no points are awarded for executed prisoners, so logically if Mubarak gets the noose, he wouldn't qualify. However as Mr Hein succinctly pointed out, Mubarak was not a prisoner when he was chosen in December 2010. That is indeed true.

The rather sly accusations about him not being in my team and thus not (potentially) being awarded points is as crass as the argument that Osama bin Laden counts as an execution and smacks of what this has been about all along - self interest. That you were effectively arguing that others should be docked points is hardly what anyone call being in the "spirit" of the game either so you should get off your high horse on that one...

However, I shall reserve final judgement on this particular affair until the hearing is over, as angryGreatness says. Mubarak is still alive, for now...

But the executions (as indeed the unnatural rule) will be changed for 2012...

(hits gravel) Meeting adjourned...
"I must have killed more men than Cecil B. DeMille."

Gene Wilder as "the Waco Kid", Blazing Saddles (1974)

#82 Godot

In a minute

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,860 posts

Posted 30 July 2011 - 07:10 PM

You can see why he was chucked out of the Boys' Brigade.
Ring down the curtain, the farce is over

#83 Windsor

LFN Hunter

• Members
  • 6,314 posts

Posted 31 July 2011 - 07:32 PM

Oh brilliant. A speedy trial... :banghead:
Shadow List 2014.

Wilko Johnson, Muhammed Ali, Helen Fawkes, David Norris, Flora Fraser, Stephen Lewis, Jim Bowen, John Bardon, Albert Reynolds, Rev Billy Graham, Daisy Berkowitz, Wojciech Jaeuzelski, Clive James, Robert Mugabe, George H. W. Bush, Leslie Phillips, Zsa Zsa Gabor, Stephen Hawking, Nancy Reagan, Jeremy Thorpe, Cardinal Keith O'Brien, Tariq Aziz, Murray Walker, Stuart Hall, Luise Rainer, Liz Dawn, Bob Dole, Edgar Ray Killen, Prince Philip, Paul O'Grady, Arthur Scargill, Jalal Talabani, Iain Paisley, Mikhail Gorbachez, Sean Connery, Jimmy Greaves, Sir Nicholas Winton, Sam Simon, Derek Fowlds, Pope Benedict XVI, Richard Attenborough, Harlan Ellison, Fidel Castro, Valerie Harper, Saif al-Isam Megrahi, Queen Fabiola, Ariel Sharon, Liz Smith, Bruce Forsyth, Fred Phelps.

2009: 13/50, 2010: 10/50, 2011: 9/50, 2012: 15/50, 2013:16/50, 2014: 7/50 Winner of the 2010 Dustpool.

#84 Windsor

LFN Hunter

• Members
  • 6,314 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 02:12 PM

Prosecutors have demanded Hosni Mubarak be given the death penalty: http://www.bbc.co.uk...e-east-16429694

We know no points will be awarded on the DDP this year if he is executed, but will he still count as a hit on the deathlist?
Shadow List 2014.

Wilko Johnson, Muhammed Ali, Helen Fawkes, David Norris, Flora Fraser, Stephen Lewis, Jim Bowen, John Bardon, Albert Reynolds, Rev Billy Graham, Daisy Berkowitz, Wojciech Jaeuzelski, Clive James, Robert Mugabe, George H. W. Bush, Leslie Phillips, Zsa Zsa Gabor, Stephen Hawking, Nancy Reagan, Jeremy Thorpe, Cardinal Keith O'Brien, Tariq Aziz, Murray Walker, Stuart Hall, Luise Rainer, Liz Dawn, Bob Dole, Edgar Ray Killen, Prince Philip, Paul O'Grady, Arthur Scargill, Jalal Talabani, Iain Paisley, Mikhail Gorbachez, Sean Connery, Jimmy Greaves, Sir Nicholas Winton, Sam Simon, Derek Fowlds, Pope Benedict XVI, Richard Attenborough, Harlan Ellison, Fidel Castro, Valerie Harper, Saif al-Isam Megrahi, Queen Fabiola, Ariel Sharon, Liz Smith, Bruce Forsyth, Fred Phelps.

2009: 13/50, 2010: 10/50, 2011: 9/50, 2012: 15/50, 2013:16/50, 2014: 7/50 Winner of the 2010 Dustpool.

#85 themaninblack

Pun Plunderer

• Members
  • 6,175 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 02:40 PM

View PostWindsor, on 05 January 2012 - 02:12 PM, said:

Prosecutors have demanded Hosni Mubarak be given the death penalty: http://www.bbc.co.uk...e-east-16429694

We know no points will be awarded on the DDP this year if he is executed, but will he still count as a hit on the deathlist?

That's not strictly true as he hasn't been convicted yet. He will score points, just not unnatural points bonus...

#86 Phantom

uber twunt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,330 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 04:55 PM

View Postthemaninblack, on 05 January 2012 - 02:40 PM, said:

View PostWindsor, on 05 January 2012 - 02:12 PM, said:

That's not strictly true as he hasn't been convicted yet. He will score points, just not unnatural points bonus...

We'll have to wait till the 9th to see if he does receive the death penalty.

A good line never dies
It just smells funny

----

Winner of the 2014 Wojciech Jarulzelski sweepstakes

DDP 2014 3/20
Jim Bamber , Ryan Buell, Katherine Crowe Posted Image, Liz Dawn, Ruth Duccini, Janet Fielding, Zsa Zsa Gabor , Billy Graham,"Superstar" Billy Graham, Rolf Harris, Joao Havelange, Bobby Heenan, Wojciech Jarulzelski, Wilko Johnson, Stephen Lewis, Jerry Maren, Les Munro, Sonny Rollins, Sam Simon, Gough Whitlam

DDP 2012 8/20 - Joint 47th

DDP 2013 11/20 - Joint 24th

#87 Banshees Scream

Dwarf tosser

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,429 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 07:57 PM

The unwritten rules state that if someone is napping at a trial in the courtroom and only if they are being accused of giving permission to kill eight hundred or so berzerk Egyption citizens who are hungry for revolution and insane, list him. I like that rule.

#88 Windsor

LFN Hunter

• Members
  • 6,314 posts

Posted 23 January 2012 - 04:24 PM

Hosni Mubarak is still the President: http://edition.cnn.c...-mubarak-trial/

His lawyer claims there was no written resignation, which means he is still President according to the constitution...
Shadow List 2014.

#89 Phantom

uber twunt

• Members
  • 4,330 posts

Posted 23 January 2012 - 11:09 PM

View PostWindsor, on 23 January 2012 - 04:24 PM, said:

Hosni Mubarak is still the President: http://edition.cnn.c...-mubarak-trial/

His lawyer claims there was no written resignation, which means he is still President according to the constitution...

I reckon he just fell in with the wrong crowd

A good line never dies
It just smells funny

----

DDP 2014 3/20
Jim Bamber , Ryan Buell, Katherine Crowe Posted Image, Liz Dawn, Ruth Duccini, Janet Fielding, Zsa Zsa Gabor , Billy Graham,"Superstar" Billy Graham, Rolf Harris, Joao Havelange, Bobby Heenan, Wojciech Jarulzelski, Wilko Johnson, Stephen Lewis, Jerry Maren, Les Munro, Sonny Rollins, Sam Simon, Gough Whitlam

#90 Rotten Ali

Value for money

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 01 June 2012 - 09:40 PM

Looking forward to seeing if he is still on the trolley...
Yes yes yes yes yes... yes yes yes yes, no!
Trevor Peacock as Jim Trott in the Vicar of Dibley.
DL Shadow List: King Abdullah, Muhammad Ali, Sir Richard Attenborough, Tariq Aziz, Pope Benedict XVI, Tony Benn, Ian Brady, George HW Bush, Sid Caeser, Fidel Castro, George Cole, Katherine Crowe, Liz Dawn, Bob Dole, Kirk Douglas, Jean Claude Duvalier, Queen Fabiola of Belgium, Louis Farrakhan, Aretha Franklin, Zsa Zsa Gabor, James Garner, Ruth Bader Ginsburg, Mikhail Gorbachev, Billy Graham, King Harald V of Norway, Valerie Harper, Joao Havelange, Stephen Hawking, Jimmy Hill, Clive James, Yahya Jammeh, General Jaruzelski, Wilko Johnson, Casey Kasem, Stan Lee, Jerry Lee Lewis, Penny Marshall, T O N Mbasogo, Mary Tyler Moore, Hosni Mubarak, Ian Paisley, Nancy Reagan, Albert Reynolds, Ariel Sharon, Sam Simon, Jeremy Thorpe, Gough Whitlam, Lee Kuan Yew, Michael York & Jiang Zemin. 10/50

#91 adrian0719

Executioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 535 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 08:24 AM

Mubarak gets life... Paradoxically this is good for us, I guess... More of a chance of him dying naturally and still counting toward the list. We can only hope he wills himself to death knowing he's got nothing left.
DDP: I will not die, it's the world that will end!: Sam Simon, Michael Schumacher, Sandy Jardine, Wilko Johnson, Candye Kane, Ryan Glenny, Lynne Stewart, Joost van der Westhuizen, Daisy Berkowitz, Clive James, Rev. Billy Graham, Casey Kasem, Mike Porcaro, Darren Daulton, Wubbo Ockels, Mike Burney, Sally Farmiloe, Pat Rice, Valerie Harper, David Norris

DDP Theme Team: The British (D)i(e)sles:
Katherine Crowe, Mary Wilson, Doug Ellis, Maureen O’Hara, Peter Maxwell Davies, Albert Reynolds, Tony Benn, John Bardon, Chris Woodhead, James Alexander Gordon, Liz Dawn, Peter Carrington, Jimmy Hill, Ethel Lang, Henry McCullough, Penny Calvert, Prince Philip, Christopher Lee, Ian Paisley, Murray Walker

Shadow:
Jay Lake, Alby Schultz, Abdullah bin Abdul-Aziz Al Saud, Little Jimmy Dickens, Wojciech Jaruzelski, Chespirito, June Foray, Dawn Sears, Kate Bornstein, Frances Oldham Kelly, Kim Kyong-hui, Bunny Mellon, Ellen Albertini Dow, Bob Dole, Hutton Gibson, Joao Havelange, Carlo Azeglio Ciampi, Ramon Jose Velasquez, Carman, Dora Bryan, Noel Neill, Abdul Sattar Edhil, Alicia Alonso, Kirk Douglas, Misao Okawa, Joan Kirner, Nancy Reagan, Raymond Gravel, Robert Schuller, Olivia de Havilland, Bess Myerson, Norman Lear, Zsa Zsa Gabor, Fidel Castro, Nuon Chea, Raul H. Castro, Mario Oriano-Ambrosini, Akkineni Nageswara Rao, George H.W. Bush, Joe Lala, Dean Bailey, Margherita Marchione, Robert Mugabe, Ieng Thirith, Don Rickles, Adolfo Suarez, Ariel Sharon, Gough Whitlam, Superstar Billy Graham

#92 themaninblack

Pun Plunderer

• Members
  • 6,175 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 09:33 AM

View Postadrian0719, on 02 June 2012 - 08:24 AM, said:

Mubarak gets life... Paradoxically this is good for us, I guess... More of a chance of him dying naturally and still counting toward the list. We can only hope he wills himself to death knowing he's got nothing left.

Absolutely. Conveniently avoids the thorny execution issue...

#93 Paul Bearer

Zombie Administrator

• Admin
  • 6,224 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 12:03 PM

Just been tweeted.

Mubarak suffers 'health crisis' upon arrival at Tora prison after sentencing, state TV reports
This is true my form is something odd,
But blaming me is blaming God;
Could I create myself anew
I would not fail in pleasing you.

#94 Guest_Guest_*

• Guests

Posted 02 June 2012 - 01:02 PM

unconfirmed reports coming in that Mubarak is DOA. hit no 5 for the year yippee!

#95 themaninblack

Pun Plunderer

• Members
  • 6,175 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 01:09 PM

View PostPaul Bearer, on 02 June 2012 - 12:03 PM, said:

Just been tweeted.

Mubarak suffers 'health crisis' upon arrival at Tora prison after sentencing, state TV reports

Let me guess, he was seen to be clutching at his chest rather dramatically...

#96 Damon Killian

You b*****d! Drop dead!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,250 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 02:40 PM

Was the "heart attack" like this ?

We Are The 45%

#97 Paul Bearer

Zombie Administrator

• Admin
  • 6,224 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 03:55 PM

Who said anything about it being a heart attack? The headline was that he suffered a 'health crisis' upon arrival.

#98 Phantom

uber twunt

• Members
  • 4,330 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 04:13 PM

View PostPaul Bearer, on 02 June 2012 - 03:55 PM, said:

Who said anything about it being a heart attack? The headline was that he suffered a 'health crisis' upon arrival.

There are other reports that claim it was a heart attack

A good line never dies
It just smells funny

----

DDP 2014 3/20

#99 Paul Bearer

Zombie Administrator

• Admin
  • 6,224 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 04:49 PM

View PostPhantom, on 02 June 2012 - 04:13 PM, said:

View PostPaul Bearer, on 02 June 2012 - 03:55 PM, said:

There are other reports that claim it was a heart attack

Cheers Phantom. I didn't read that report.

#100 the_engineer

The Alpha & The Omega

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,505 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 07:13 PM

rumour has it his heart attack was something similar to this .

I don't believe in coincidences

Basketball was invented in 1987 by konami.

A Man who never eats pork buns is never a whole man .

genesis 22 16 - 18

DDP 2014 - Sovereign-Reaper

wilko johnsonPosted Image , joost van der westhuizen ,George h.w bush , sam simon , valerie harper , Kate Granger , Katherine Crowe, wojcech jaruzelski ,Sally Farmiloe , Clive James , Billy Graham , Tony Benn , Zsa Zsa Gabor , Vera lynn , Kirk Douglas , Saif Gaddafi , Superstar Billy Graham ,Stuart Hall , Fats Domino ,Isabel Peron.

Hartlepool Deadlypool 2014

Billy Graham
Wojcech Jaruzelski
Wilko Johnson
Sam Simon
Joost Van Der Westhuizen
Valerie Harper
Kate Granger

Sally Farmiloe
Katherine Crowe
Clive James

subs 1) George H.W Bush 2) Rolf Harris