#1 football_fan

football_fan

I have no life

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,617 posts

Posted 31 December 2010 - 11:16 PM

New users, welcome to Deathlist.

Introduce yourselves to other DL members here.
"A jury consists of twelve people who determine which client has the better lawyer". <br />- Robert Frost

#2 ConstantIrritant

ConstantIrritant

Spammer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 January 2011 - 03:34 AM

Hi. Heard of you guys from alt.obituaries and thought I'd come over and take a look.

Happy New Year to one and all. :birthday2:

#3 Spade_Cooley

Spade_Cooley

Rich Homie Quantick

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,068 posts

Posted 01 January 2011 - 01:23 PM

Hey noobs, what'll happen in your first week is you post here then someone will call you a cunt for starting a thread about something we already have a thread about or posting a death in the wrong topic. Don't take that personal, it's kinda like really ineffectual hazing.
  • Deathray and BuriedInCarolina like this

"I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow

#4 time

time

Lord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,844 posts

Posted 01 January 2011 - 06:46 PM

Hey noobs, what'll happen in your first week is you post here then someone will call you a cunt for starting a thread about something we already have a thread about or posting a death in the wrong topic. Don't take that personal, it's kinda like really ineffectual hazing.

Not necessarily - I was called a wanker!

I have CDO. It's like OCD except the letters are in alphabetical order, as they should be.

#5 Handrejka

Handrejka

Manx Minx

• Members
  • 2,840 posts

Posted 01 January 2011 - 06:48 PM

That's only if we like you.
  • Deathray likes this

2013 Alternative 50 final total 13/50 against DL 13/50 - See about me page for more details.
2014 final total 12/50 against DL 10
2015 final total 6/50 against DL 14

2016 4/50)

1 Zza Zza Gabor, 2. Rev Billy Graham 3.Olivia de Havilland 4 Prince Phillip 5,  Kirk Douglas 6 Bumipol Auduljadej 7 Helmut Kohl 8 Peter Sallis 9 Jean Alexander 10 Walter Scheel

11 Mikhail Gorbachev 12 George Blake 13 Brian Cant 14 Patricia Hitchcock 15 Howard Marks 16 Ilse Aichinger 17 Peter Vaughan 18 Clive James 19 Fidel Castro 20 Robert Mugabe

21 Jimmy Carter 22 Caroline Aherne 23 Muhammed Ali 24 Ian Brady 25 Tony Booth 26 Martin Crowe 27 Jerry Lewis 28 Burt Reynolds 29 Valerie Harper 30 Pele 31 Geoffrey Bayldon

32 John Glenn 33Alan Young 34 Peter Sarsted 35 John Noakes 36 Bernard Fox 37 Jacques Rivette 38 Nexhmije Hoxha 39 Stepehn Hawking 40 Hywel Bennet 41Than Shwe

42 Sinead O'Connor 43 Val Kilmer 44 Mary Tyler Moore 45 Jimmy Greaves 46 Norman Lloyd 47 Lupita Tovar 48 Pat Priest 49 Sean Connery 50 Mark Eden

&quot;Wehat shall we do with the wisswass tdonkleys?&quot; &quot;Throw them in the turwetts til they've diwed.&quot;

#6 Lady Grendel

Lady Grendel

Assassing

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,878 posts

Posted 01 January 2011 - 07:03 PM

Not necessarily - I was called a wanker!

Lucky you, I was ignored - nothing unusual there, but Boudicca did PM me and we then embarked on a friendship that has lasted for almost 6 years so far, one of these days we might finally meet up! But we have done emails, letters (yep, proper snail mail) and phone calls in that time, I count myself lucky to have her as a friend :shoot2:

#7 Estuarian Float

Estuarian Float

Underwater Slaughter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 535 posts

Posted 02 January 2011 - 02:25 AM

...but I wasnt even much of a noob. :shoot2:
Star Dust 2016 DDP: Jimmy Carter - Jean-Pierre Coffe - Jenny Craig - Martin Crowe - Johan Cruyff - Scott DesJarlais - Keith Farnham - Joey Feek - Mark Foster - Superstar Billy Graham - Goran Hadzic - Thor Hansen - Ronnie Hawkins - Larry Hogan - Igoris Kofas - Howard Marks - Una Mullally - Bryan Murray - John Rigas - Joost van der Westhuizen

2011 DDP Theme Team: Seoul Takers
2012 - 2015 DDP Theme Team: The Bedsoring '20s
2012 DDP Theme Team: Califorewarned, Oregoners, Washingtons of Bodies Away

2013 & 2014 DDP Theme Team: Bet on Black!
2015 DDP Theme Team: Izanami Orders the California Roll
2016 DDP Theme Team: Reality Bites, But Death Swallows
2016 DDP Theme Team: Drive-Thru Shooting

(((The Dust Pool))) (((Predict the Paper))) (((Kentucky Derby Dead Pool)))

#8 Andy Garcia

Andy Garcia

Hatchet man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 02 January 2011 - 05:49 PM

I'm a noob, and I don't really mind if someone calls me a cunt.... I'd like to make my own death list but am unsure about how to go about this, probably because I haven't read the relevant threads yet.

#9 Rotten Ali

Rotten Ali

Value for money

• Members
  • 2,767 posts

Posted 02 January 2011 - 06:35 PM

I'm a noob, and I don't really mind if someone calls me a cunt.... I'd like to make my own death list but am unsure about how to go about this, probably because I haven't read the relevant threads yet.

Welcome aboard Andy.
You could do worse than pick a team of just 10 people (old or ill or preferably both old & ill) who you think may die within the next year and post it in the NLDP thread Vaagy is taking care of before the the 10th of January.

Also look at the Rotten deadpool - ( http://deadpool.rotten.com/ ) they allow you to enter their game on any day of the year - your game with them runs for 365 days (aim to be in 1st place at the end of your "game" and you can say you have "won") No one has yet gained 10 out of 10 in about 87,813 entries.
Jenny Diski looses the floppy drive to stay alive... 
Shadow List 2016. Caroline Aherne, Muhammad Ali, Ayatollah Ali Khamenei, Rene Angelil, Daisy Berkowitz, King Bhumibol Adulyadej, Chuck Blazer, George HW Bush,
Glen Campbell, Lord Carrington, Jimmy Carter, Errol Christie, Martin Crowe, Tim Curry, Sir Peter Maxwell Davies, Liz Dawn, Jenny Diski, Bob Dole, Kirk Douglas,
Joey Feek, Rob Ford, Zsa Zsa Gabor, Mikhail Gorbachev, Rev Billy Graham, Dr Kate Granger, Jimmy Greaves, Goran Hadzic,
Dan Haggerty, Valerie Harper, Joao Havelange, Stephen Hawking, John Hurt, Jenny Inman, Clive James, Bill Kenwright, Val Kilmer, Helmut Kohl, Lee Kun-hee (Samsung), Howard Marks, Mary Tyler Moore, Robert Mugabe, Nancy Reagan, Nick Robinson, Ian St John, Lupita Tovar, Atal Bihari Vajpayee, Joost van der Westhuizen, Gunther von Hagens, Ron Walker (AUS GP) & Jiang Zemin. 9/50

#10 Vaagheid

Vaagheid

Assassin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 931 posts

Posted 02 January 2011 - 08:42 PM

Welcome Andy Garcia

Welcome aboard Andy.
You could do worse than pick a team of just 10 people (old or ill or preferably both old & ill) who you think may die within the next year and post it in the NLDP thread Vaagy is taking care of before the the 10th of January.

You can find the rules to my dead pool HERE

#11 Guest_The phantom Swells picker_*

Guest_The phantom Swells picker_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 January 2011 - 09:27 PM

Quel faux pas! You forgot to tell them about cunt-calling by stealth.

#12 Mr.3374

Mr.3374

Hatchet man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 02 January 2011 - 10:32 PM

Hi all, just thought I'd get the "cunt calling" out of the way.
Been called worse anyway, since the "dead sheep" incident, I didn't know there was a dead lamb in there as well, did I?
Anyway, looking over the 2011 list, I think there may be regrets Chuck Berry isn't included.
Don't argue with fools. They drag you to their level, then beat you with experience.

#13 Spade_Cooley

Spade_Cooley

Rich Homie Quantick

• Members
  • 4,068 posts

Posted 06 January 2011 - 12:08 AM

The fuck is up with the 40 or so guests that are permanently on this site at the moment?

"I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow

#14 Estuarian Float

Estuarian Float

Underwater Slaughter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 535 posts

Posted 15 January 2011 - 06:11 PM

Looks like we have our 2,000th member? A welcome to "RiptOpify"! :ph34r:
Star Dust 2016 DDP: Jimmy Carter - Jean-Pierre Coffe - Jenny Craig - Martin Crowe - Johan Cruyff - Scott DesJarlais - Keith Farnham - Joey Feek - Mark Foster - Superstar Billy Graham - Goran Hadzic - Thor Hansen - Ronnie Hawkins - Larry Hogan - Igoris Kofas - Howard Marks - Una Mullally - Bryan Murray - John Rigas - Joost van der Westhuizen

2011 DDP Theme Team: Seoul Takers
2012 - 2015 DDP Theme Team: The Bedsoring '20s
2012 DDP Theme Team: Califorewarned, Oregoners, Washingtons of Bodies Away

2013 & 2014 DDP Theme Team: Bet on Black!
2015 DDP Theme Team: Izanami Orders the California Roll
2016 DDP Theme Team: Reality Bites, But Death Swallows
2016 DDP Theme Team: Drive-Thru Shooting

(((The Dust Pool))) (((Predict the Paper))) (((Kentucky Derby Dead Pool)))

#15 welshman

welshman

Ewe spoke, we ignored

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 402 posts

Posted 15 January 2011 - 06:30 PM

And a warm welcome was extended, in true DL style, with a banning!
"We have enough religion to make us hate, but not enough to make us love one another." Jonathan Swift

#16 Paul Bearer

Paul Bearer

Zombie Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,015 posts

Posted 15 January 2011 - 07:27 PM

He/she's a spammer and has been banned. Mods and Admins don't just sit on their arses doing nothing you know. We have to do something to earn our ridiculously high salary.
  • Deathray likes this
This is true my form is something odd,
But blaming me is blaming God;
Could I create myself anew
I would not fail in pleasing you.

#17 Little List

Little List

Pointless Ranter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 3 posts

Posted 19 January 2011 - 06:07 PM

This is my n00b post. Hello.

I like to pretend I'll make better posts than this one in future.

#18 Spade_Cooley

Spade_Cooley

Rich Homie Quantick

• Members
  • 4,068 posts

Posted 19 January 2011 - 06:57 PM

This is my n00b post. Hello.

I like to pretend I'll make better posts than this one in future.

That's the kind of devil-may-care optimism this site was built on.

#19 Peter Cushing

Peter Cushing

Hatchet man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 22 May 2011 - 11:10 PM

Thought I'd better say Hi, since I've been signed up since 2007.

You can't rush into these things.

#20 Monoclinic

Monoclinic

Missing in Action

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,706 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 03:05 PM

Ok, what have I missed (bar tha massive software update)? Anyone die?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users