#23 Godot

In a minute

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,860 posts

Posted 05 February 2011 - 01:26 AM

View PostDave to the Grave, on Jan 15 2011, 10:22 AM, said:

View Posttime, on Jan 12 2011, 11:09 PM, said:

Since only one half of the electorate can participate in a beardy protest perhaps the ladies could stop pruning their lady garden. It's nearly bikini season.
Posted Image

Whilst on the subject of my favourite Belgian and cloclo impersonator, we can watch him teach another language using song lyrics, and if you see the film, a few dance moves too. Magnolias Furv.
Lady editor reveals thinking behind her decision.
Ring down the curtain, the farce is over

#24 Godot

In a minute

• Members
  • 3,860 posts

Posted 05 February 2011 - 01:27 AM

Catch up on five year's worth of things to do......

#25 Godot

In a minute

• Members
  • 3,860 posts

Posted 06 February 2011 - 11:08 PM

Stay off the sprouts in Malawi.

#26 Godot

In a minute

• Members
  • 3,860 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 05:05 PM

Find out whether my Hitler beats your Mussolini.

#27 Tuber Mirum

Relic of the Golden Age

• Moderators
  • 3,194 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 05:25 PM

View PostGodot, on Feb 8 2011, 06:05 PM, said:

I play that game regularly on bus journeys with my colleagues. There are two different editions with various dictators. I also have Plague Trumps which is concerned with the lethality etc, of various Bacteria, parasites and Viruses. There is also one called Rauschgiftquartett which has to do with the price, deadliness, popularity and origin of various drugs. Particularly interesting because I wasn't previously aware that there was a kind of sage you could hallucinate from. Price per hit: 0,00 Euro.

The bit in that article about splitting them up according to which part of the world they come from and that whoever has no more tyrants in their hand is the winner is utter bollocks.

Interestinlgy enough, the tyrants are split up into the following groups: Puppets of the USA, faschists, monarchs, communists, kleptocrats and mass-murderers.

After Hitler, the best card to have is Kaiser Wilhelm II.

Posted Image

#28 Godot

In a minute

• Members
  • 3,860 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 05:45 PM

View PostNotapotato, on Feb 8 2011, 05:25 PM, said:

I play that game regularly on bus journeys with my colleagues. There are two different editions with various dictators. I also have Plague Trumps which is concerned with the lethality etc, of various Bacteria, parasites and Viruses. There is also one called Rauschgiftquartett which has to do with the price, deadliness, popularity and origin of various drugs. Particularly interesting because I wasn't previously aware that there was a kind of sage you could hallucinate from. Price per hit: 0,00 Euro.

The bit in that article about splitting them up according to which part of the world they come from and that whoever has no more tyrants in their hand is the winner is utter bollocks.

Interestinlgy enough, the tyrants are split up into the following groups: Puppets of the USA, faschists, monarchs, communists, kleptocrats and mass-murderers.

Posted Image

Are there no British tyrants? William I, possibly, except he was a Norman so doesn't count. I don't suppose Henry VIII wasn't very nice to his wives but does that make him a tyrant? I'm not taking the Mel Gibson world view here.

#29 DevonDeathTrip

Tractor Eater

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,070 posts

Posted 10 February 2011 - 01:13 AM

Enjoy a bracing swim.
Sometimes when we see the eyes- those horrible times when we see the eyes,eyes that ... that have no soul - then we know a darkness.

#30 Madame Defarge

Little Dickens

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 753 posts

Posted 10 February 2011 - 06:27 AM

View PostGodot, on Feb 9 2011, 06:45 PM, said:

View PostNotapotato, on Feb 8 2011, 05:25 PM, said:

Posted Image

Are there no British tyrants? William I, possibly, except he was a Norman so doesn't count. I don't suppose Henry VIII wasn't very nice to his wives but does that make him a tyrant? I'm not taking the Mel Gibson world view here.

Hmmm. Well, there's John Lackland and there's Margaret Thatcher who sort of resembles John Lackland in drag:
Posted ImagePosted Image
If you won't accept the Norman, then I doubt you'll want a Pict/Scot in the pack.
Shame, because Kenneth MacAlpin was mad, bad, and dangerous to know especially if you were a Pict. Rather good looking though.Posted Image
Think, in this batter'd Caravanserai
Whose Doorways are alternate Night and Day,
How Sultan after Sultan with his Pomp
Abode his Hour or two and went his way.

#31 Godot

In a minute

• Members
  • 3,860 posts

Posted 16 February 2011 - 07:37 PM

Switch to iDrink.

#32 Spade_Cooley

Rich Homie Quantick

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,777 posts

Posted 19 February 2011 - 03:48 PM

Have a drink where everybody knows your name
"I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow

"Get back to task and participate, or you will come with us at the finale to dance, although there will be shocking deaths. Yoshi is coming for me." - Pikalin Soutdalany

#33 sympathyforthedevil

Shipman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 489 posts

Posted 19 February 2011 - 07:36 PM

View PostSpade_Cooley, on Feb 19 2011, 03:48 PM, said:

Interesting to read about this novel approach to alcoholism.

#34 time

Lord

• Members
  • 2,855 posts

Posted 23 February 2011 - 08:06 PM

Get yer Royal Wedding souvenirs!
2014 DDP Team (Time's-up team Player of The Month, June 2014): John Bardon; Dora Bryan; Emile Ford; Valery Giscard d’Estaing; John Glenn; Eldon Griffiths; Bernard Haitink; Gerald Harper; Buck Henry (Joker); Patricia Knatchbull; Francis Matthews; Sheila Mercier; Les Munro; Pete Murray; I. M. Pei; Dudley Simpson; Nobby Stiles; Joseph Wapner; Peter Wyngarde; Jimmy Young.

2014 DDP Theme Team (...and its goodnight from him etc): Ronald Atkins, Ron Brown, Ronnie Carroll; Ronald Chesney, Ronnie Walter Cunningham, Ronnie Dawson, Ron Ely, Ronald Baron Fearn, Ron Flowers, Ronnie Gilbert, Ronald Harwood, Ronald Hines, Ron Isley, Ronnie Masterson (lost), Ronnie Moore, Ronald Pellar, Ronnie Ronalde, Ron Smith, Ronald Stevenson, Ron Suart (Joker)

2014 DDP Theme Team (Roger and Out): Roger Alton, Roger Angell, Sir Roger Bannister, Roger Cook, Roger Corman, Roger Daltrey, Roger Dimmock, Roger Etchegaray, Sir Roger Moore, Sir Roger Norrington, Sir Roger Penrose(Joker), Roger Protz, Roger Sainsbury, Roger Sloman, Roger Smith, Roger Spottiswood, Roger Squires, Roger Staubach, Roger Taylor, Roger Whitaker

Deathrace 2014 Team: Billy Graham (Joker), Ethel Lang, Javier Perez De Cuellar, Efrem Zimbalist Jr., Vera Lynn,Kirk Douglas, Al Molinaro, Dora Bryan, John Glenn, Gerald Harper, Patricia Knatchbull, Francis Matthews, Sheila Mercier, Les Munro, Buck Henry, I. M. Pei, Joseph Wapner, Jimmy Young, Wojtech Jaruszelski, Doris Day

2014 Hartlepool Deadlypool Team: Rev Billy Graham, Ethel Lang, Javier Perez De Cuellar, Carl Reiner, Efrem Zimbalist Jr., Vera Lynn, Kirk Douglas, Maximilian Schell, Al Molinaro, BB King. Subs: Doris Day, Wojciech Jaruzelski

I have CDO. It's like OCD except the letters are in alphabetical order, as they should be.

#35 Magere Hein

Film land, Homer!

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,581 posts

Posted 24 February 2011 - 11:17 PM

Take revenge after 71 years. :shoot:

Google is, as they say, your friend.

regards,
Hein
DDP 2014 team The Grey Horde:
King Abdullah of Saudi Arabia, Ayman al-Zawahiri, Lys Assia, Sister Wendy Beckett, Ryan Buell Posted Image,Jacques Chirac, Felix Dennis, Aretha Franklin, Ruth Bader Ginsburg, Marilyn Horne, Clive James, General Wojciech Jaruzelski, Wilko Johnson, Helmut Kohl, Joseph Kony, Misao Okawa, Bernie Madoff, Robert Mugabe, Julie Newmar, Michael Schumacher

DDP 2014 theme team Minions of Xuleneb:
King Albert II, Princess Beatrix, Prince Bernhard jr, Elco Brinkman, Corry Brokken, Dick Bruna, Raymond Ceulemans, Godfried Danneels, Piet de Jong, Mark Eyskens, Queen Fabiola Of Belgium Posted Image, Jan Janssen, Grand Duke Jean I of Luxembourg, Wubbo Ockels, Fernando Ricksen, Kees Rijvers, Wim Ruska, Toots Thielemans, Martinus J. G. Veltman, Geert Wilders

#36 Godot

In a minute

• Members
  • 3,860 posts

Posted 07 March 2011 - 10:24 AM

Make up stories for the Daily Star.

#37 Windsor

LFN Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,289 posts

Posted 07 March 2011 - 02:56 PM

Enter a competition.
Shadow List 2014.

Wilko Johnson, Muhammed Ali, Helen Fawkes, David Norris, Flora Fraser, Stephen Lewis, Jim Bowen, John Bardon, Albert Reynolds, Rev Billy Graham, Daisy Berkowitz, Wojciech Jaeuzelski, Clive James, Robert Mugabe, George H. W. Bush, Leslie Phillips, Zsa Zsa Gabor, Stephen Hawking, Nancy Reagan, Jeremy Thorpe, Cardinal Keith O'Brien, Tariq Aziz, Murray Walker, Stuart Hall, Luise Rainer, Liz Dawn, Bob Dole, Edgar Ray Killen, Prince Philip, Paul O'Grady, Arthur Scargill, Jalal Talabani, Iain Paisley, Mikhail Gorbachez, Sean Connery, Jimmy Greaves, Sir Nicholas Winton, Sam Simon, Derek Fowlds, Pope Benedict XVI, Richard Attenborough, Harlan Ellison, Fidel Castro, Valerie Harper, Saif al-Isam Megrahi, Queen Fabiola, Ariel Sharon, Liz Smith, Bruce Forsyth, Fred Phelps.

2009: 13/50, 2010: 10/50, 2011: 9/50, 2012: 15/50, 2013:16/50, 2014: 3/50 Winner of the 2010 Dustpool.

#38 time

Lord

• Members
  • 2,855 posts

Posted 07 March 2011 - 11:19 PM

Help save "doctor slang".

Some is well-known, like NFN for "normal for Norfolk", but the DBI was a new one for me:

DBI refers to "Dirt Bag Index", and multiplies the number of tattoos with the number of missing teeth to give an estimate of the number of days since the patient last bathed.

2014 DDP Team (Time's-up team Player of The Month, June 2014): John Bardon; Dora Bryan; Emile Ford; Valery Giscard d’Estaing; John Glenn; Eldon Griffiths; Bernard Haitink; Gerald Harper; Buck Henry (Joker); Patricia Knatchbull; Francis Matthews; Sheila Mercier; Les Munro; Pete Murray; I. M. Pei; Dudley Simpson; Nobby Stiles; Joseph Wapner; Peter Wyngarde; Jimmy Young.

2014 DDP Theme Team (...and its goodnight from him etc): Ronald Atkins, Ron Brown, Ronnie Carroll; Ronald Chesney, Ronnie Walter Cunningham, Ronnie Dawson, Ron Ely, Ronald Baron Fearn, Ron Flowers, Ronnie Gilbert, Ronald Harwood, Ronald Hines, Ron Isley, Ronnie Masterson (lost), Ronnie Moore, Ronald Pellar, Ronnie Ronalde, Ron Smith, Ronald Stevenson, Ron Suart (Joker)

2014 DDP Theme Team (Roger and Out): Roger Alton, Roger Angell, Sir Roger Bannister, Roger Cook, Roger Corman, Roger Daltrey, Roger Dimmock, Roger Etchegaray, Sir Roger Moore, Sir Roger Norrington, Sir Roger Penrose(Joker), Roger Protz, Roger Sainsbury, Roger Sloman, Roger Smith, Roger Spottiswood, Roger Squires, Roger Staubach, Roger Taylor, Roger Whitaker

Deathrace 2014 Team: Billy Graham (Joker), Ethel Lang, Javier Perez De Cuellar, Efrem Zimbalist Jr., Vera Lynn,Kirk Douglas, Al Molinaro, Dora Bryan, John Glenn, Gerald Harper, Patricia Knatchbull, Francis Matthews, Sheila Mercier, Les Munro, Buck Henry, I. M. Pei, Joseph Wapner, Jimmy Young, Wojtech Jaruszelski, Doris Day

2014 Hartlepool Deadlypool Team: Rev Billy Graham, Ethel Lang, Javier Perez De Cuellar, Carl Reiner, Efrem Zimbalist Jr., Vera Lynn, Kirk Douglas, Maximilian Schell, Al Molinaro, BB King. Subs: Doris Day, Wojciech Jaruzelski

I have CDO. It's like OCD except the letters are in alphabetical order, as they should be.

#39 maryportfuncity

Dedicated Cumbrian Corpse Hound, or summat

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,948 posts

Posted 09 March 2011 - 08:14 PM

Tackle stereotypes head on like this muslim who beheaded his wife. Bear in mind, the pair of them started a television channel to challenge negative images of Islam. To think, some people claim Americans don't do irony.
Posted Image

Maryport is a disappointment for which there is no cure, but the annual Deathrace thread hereabouts provides welcome distraction.

#40 Spade_Cooley

Rich Homie Quantick

• Members
  • 2,777 posts

Posted 15 March 2011 - 12:36 AM

Sometimes I ponder whether or not I'm younger or more "in tune" to the shifting sands of the internet than this forum. If I am, [via this already having over 2 million hits]....

Get down on Friday
"I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow

"Get back to task and participate, or you will come with us at the finale to dance, although there will be shocking deaths. Yoshi is coming for me." - Pikalin Soutdalany

Reply to this topic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users