Guest Banshees Scream

103 Soon To Be 104

Guest Banshees Scream

Bill "Billy" Boucher (born November 10, 1899 in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada-?) was a Canadian professional ice hockey rightwinger who played in the National Hockey League for the Montreal Canadiens, Boston Bruins and New York Americans. He also played for the New Haven Eagles and Bronx Tigers of the Canadian-American Hockey League.

Billy Boucher was a dangerous scorer who spent the bulk of his career in the 1920s with the Montreal Canadiens. At his peak he topped the 15 goal mark four straight years and played a gritty style when necessary.

The Ottawa native spent four years in the local senior league with the Munitions club beginning in 1916-17. After playing in the Northern Ontario Hockey Association for Iroquois Falls Paper in 1920-21, Boucher made his NHL debut with the Canadiens. He scored 23 goals in 1922-23 then scored eight points in five playoff games the next year to help Montreal win the Stanley Cup. In addition to his offensive exploits, Boucher led the NHL in penalty minutes in 1923 and 1925.

:huh: ......but is he famous enough..

Guest Basil Bush

104, soon to be 105, surely, if he was born in 1899? Time you got yourself a new abacus.

The only problem is that Billy Boucher has been dead for 46 years. He died on November 10th, 1958. :D

Billy Boucher's obituary

• Like 1

Guest IYG

I always find it extremely weird when people die on the same day that they were born.

I always find it extremely weird when people die on the same day that they were born.

Me too. The chances of that must be a million to 1 :blink:

Me too. The chances of that must be a million to 1 blink.gif

More like 365 : 1 (except in a leap year!)

Chances are 1 in 1461 when one is born on Feb 29.

regards,

Hein

Actually, it depends on which leap year one is born in, because every 100 years they skip a leap day when it's supposed to take place (e.g. there was no Feb 29, 1900), unless the year in question is divisible by 400, in which case they have the leap day (e.g. Feb 29, 2000). So, someone born on say Feb 29, 1850, was slightly less likely to die on their birthday than someone born on Feb 29, 1950.

Aaaaaagh! It was clearly a joke, hence the smiley. :blink:

Obviously you're referring to infant mortality, before midnight on the day they exit the womb.

The odds of that happening are directly proportional to the standard of hygiene, level of medical attention available, and general health, nutrition and genetic make up of the mother.

Whether the year is divisble by 400 or 1000 or the radius of the moon is irrelevant.

I hope that helps clear up any weirdness you were feeling about this, IYG.

Obviously you're referring to infant mortality, before midnight on the day they exit the womb.

The odds of that happening are directly proportional to the standard of hygiene, level of medical attention available, and general health, nutrition and genetic make up of the mother.

Whether the year is divisble by 400 or 1000 or the radius of the moon is irrelevant.

I hope that helps clear up any weirdness you were feeling about this, IYG.

I need to know more about the possible effect of the radius of the moon, it sounds most fascinating

Guest IYG

Thanks everyone and all your math scares me really, I hate math, I'm taking statistics this year and I hate it.

What I mean is, that when a person reaches a certain age, 50, 60 and so on, dying on your birthday (I think I phrased it wrong last time) is a bit freaky.

I can name some people who died on their birthday and it's just weird, maybe there was something in the cake. :blink:

I don't wish to bring a spot of culture to the forum, but didn't Cassius from "Julius Ceasar" also commit suicide on his birthday?

I don't wish to bring a spot of culture to the forum, but didn't Cassius from "Julius Ceasar" also commit suicide on his birthday?

Not sure about Cassius, but Shakespeare is supposed to have 'popped his clogs' on his birthday

Deliberately offing yourself on your birthday really skews the probability calculations. It should not be allowed.

Thanks everyone and all your math scares me really, I hate math, I'm taking statistics this year and I hate it.

If Markusdragon were around, he would be able to give us a statistical analysis on the probability of one dying on his or her birthday. He gave us an excellent analysis on the probability of successful hits on the deathlist.net 2005 list earlier this year.

There is a thread somewhere on this website that Mr Teddy answered that very question, unfortunately, I don't remember what thread it was on. I've no doubt he will bring it into this one if he reads this.

There is a thread somewhere on this website that Mr Teddy answered that very question, unfortunately, I don't remember what thread it was on. I've no doubt he will bring it into this one if he reads this.

I looked for it, too, albeit half heartedly.

Always happy to be of service, as I said to Mrs Teddy just the other evening :blink:

Happy Birthday...oops

The link originally appeared in the JPII thread. It is not exhaustive, but one thing it does cast doubt upon is the Shakespeare inclusion.

It is not exhaustive, but one thing it does cast doubt upon is the Shakespeare inclusion.

Mr Teddy, Are you casting doubt on the validity of my post?

Having checked your link, I think that you are probably correct in doing so.

Guest IYG

Hmm, the link doesn't want to cooperate with me for some reason, I'll try later I guess.

Are you always this efficient with missus too? :P:)