62 replies to this topic

#21 themaninblack

Pun Plunderer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,186 posts

Posted 12 February 2011 - 10:09 PM

View PostD Piston, on Feb 12 2011, 10:06 PM, said:

Legendary soul singer Aretha Franklin has made her first public appearance following surgery in December.

Franklin appeared healthy and happy as she watched the Detroit Pistons play Miami Heat with the Reverend Jesse Jackson.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/artic...o=feeds-newsxml

Wearing a very obvious wig...
"I must have killed more men than Cecil B. DeMille."

Gene Wilder as "the Waco Kid", Blazing Saddles (1974)

#22 N. Fritz

Hatchet man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 12 February 2011 - 11:16 PM

First appearance in 2011: http://www.tmz.com/2011/02/12/aretha-frank...ami-heat-photo/
nec sepulcra legens vereor, quod aiunt, ne memoriam perdam;
his enim ipsis legendis in memoriam redeo mortuorum
Cicero, de Senectute

#23 N. Fritz

Hatchet man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 12 February 2011 - 11:20 PM

Sorry, my bad. I thought I looked through all the posts before mine but I must've missed the last page. Mea culpa.
nec sepulcra legens vereor, quod aiunt, ne memoriam perdam;
his enim ipsis legendis in memoriam redeo mortuorum
Cicero, de Senectute

#24 JR976evil

I Need To Get A Life!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,558 posts

Posted 13 February 2011 - 12:46 AM

View PostN. Fritz, on Feb 12 2011, 11:16 PM, said:

aint looking too bad in the circumstances

#25 Spade_Cooley

Rich Homie Quantick

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,842 posts

Posted 14 February 2011 - 01:18 AM

Anyone catch this Grammy's tribute to her? Her tits are lower than Emma Stone's voice these days.
"I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow

"Get back to task and participate, or you will come with us at the finale to dance, although there will be shocking deaths. Yoshi is coming for me." - Pikalin Soutdalany

#26 Spade_Cooley

Rich Homie Quantick

• Members
  • 2,842 posts

Posted 14 February 2011 - 01:21 AM

I never thought I'd see the day when Aretha Franklin weighed less than Christina Aguilera. I'm calling shenanigans on these claims that she hasn't got pancreatic cancer, she's like the black Patrick Swayze up out there.
"I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow

"Get back to task and participate, or you will come with us at the finale to dance, although there will be shocking deaths. Yoshi is coming for me." - Pikalin Soutdalany

#27 Estuarian Float

Underwater Slaughter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 505 posts

Posted 14 February 2011 - 01:32 AM

View PostSpade_Cooley, on Feb 13 2011, 08:18 PM, said:

Anyone catch this Grammy's tribute to her? Her tits are lower than Emma Stone's voice these days.

...And was she given her tribute before or after she denied her cancer? This could be key info... :(
Star Dust 2014 DDP: Daisy Berkowitz - Ryan Buell - Katherine Crowe - Darren Daulton - Felix Glenny - Rev Billy Graham - Superstar Billy Graham - Valerie Harper - Wojciech Jaruzelski - Wilko Johnson - Casey Kasem - Marina Khodorkovskaya - Wubbo Ockels - Mike Porcaro - Peter Robbins - Robert Schuller - Sam Simon - Lynne Stewart - Marcia Strassman - Vojislav Šešelj

2011 DDP Theme Team: Seoul Takers
2012 - 2014 DDP Theme Team: The Bedsoring '20s
2012 DDP Theme Team: Califorewarned, Oregoners, Washingtons of Bodies Away

2013 & 2014 DDP Theme Team: Bet on Black!

(((The Dust Pool))) (((Predict the Paper))) (((Kentucky Derby Dead Pool)))

#28 Spade_Cooley

Rich Homie Quantick

• Members
  • 2,842 posts

Posted 14 February 2011 - 01:42 PM

From 10:38 onwards in this video if you wanna do some first hand research, or maybe watch it all the way through if you want to watch the continued inexplicable success of Florence Welch.

#29 harrymcnallysblueandwhitearmy

It's God shit!

• Members
  • 1,565 posts

Posted 14 February 2011 - 03:01 PM

Talking of the Grammies, this chick was talking even more gibberish than your average entertainment reporter.

Though I suppose Jo Whiley gets away with it every day.

why, you little...

#30 Godot

In a minute

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,860 posts

Posted 14 February 2011 - 05:15 PM

View Postharrymcnallysblueandwhitearmy, on Feb 14 2011, 03:01 PM, said:

Talking of the Grammies, this chick was talking even more gibberish than your average entertainment reporter.

I agree with every word she said. Come to think of it she could have sung quite happily alongside Dylan here at about 5 mins 30secs.
Ring down the curtain, the farce is over

#31 time

Lord

• Members
  • 2,914 posts

Posted 17 February 2011 - 11:36 PM

View Postharrymcnallysblueandwhitearmy, on Feb 14 2011, 03:01 PM, said:

It was, according to her physician, a 'complex migraine'.

Not sure about Jo Whiney though.
2014 DDP Team (Time's-up team Player of The Month, June 2014): John Bardon; Dora Bryan; Emile Ford; Valery Giscard d’Estaing; John Glenn; Eldon Griffiths; Bernard Haitink; Gerald Harper; Buck Henry (Joker); Patricia Knatchbull; Francis Matthews; Sheila Mercier; Les Munro; Pete Murray; I. M. Pei; Dudley Simpson; Nobby Stiles; Joseph Wapner; Peter Wyngarde; Jimmy Young.

2014 DDP Theme Team (...and its goodnight from him etc): Ronald Atkins, Ron Brown, Ronnie Carroll; Ronald Chesney, Ronnie Walter Cunningham, Ronnie Dawson, Ron Ely, Ronald Baron Fearn, Ron Flowers, Ronnie Gilbert, Ronald Harwood, Ronald Hines, Ron Isley, Ronnie Masterson (lost), Ronnie Moore, Ronald Pellar, Ronnie Ronalde, Ron Smith, Ronald Stevenson, Ron Suart (Joker)

2014 DDP Theme Team (Roger and Out): Roger Alton, Roger Angell, Sir Roger Bannister, Roger Cook, Roger Corman, Roger Daltrey, Roger Dimmock, Roger Etchegaray, Sir Roger Moore, Sir Roger Norrington, Sir Roger Penrose(Joker), Roger Protz, Roger Sainsbury, Roger Sloman, Roger Smith, Roger Spottiswood, Roger Squires, Roger Staubach, Roger Taylor, Roger Whitaker

Deathrace 2014 Team: Billy Graham (Joker), Ethel Lang, Javier Perez De Cuellar, Efrem Zimbalist Jr., Vera Lynn,Kirk Douglas, Al Molinaro, Dora Bryan, John Glenn, Gerald Harper, Patricia Knatchbull, Francis Matthews, Sheila Mercier, Les Munro, Buck Henry, I. M. Pei, Joseph Wapner, Jimmy Young, Wojtech Jaruszelski, Doris Day

2014 Hartlepool Deadlypool Team: Rev Billy Graham, Ethel Lang, Javier Perez De Cuellar, Carl Reiner, Efrem Zimbalist Jr., Vera Lynn, Kirk Douglas, Maximilian Schell, Al Molinaro, BB King. Subs: Doris Day, Wojciech Jaruzelski

I have CDO. It's like OCD except the letters are in alphabetical order, as they should be.

#32 Spade_Cooley

Rich Homie Quantick

• Members
  • 2,842 posts

Posted 24 February 2011 - 02:24 PM

Franklin to give her first interview since surgery next week. She's not well enough to go down to the studio to do it, but the best thing here is the interviewers claims that Franklin is one of her three dream subjects, "along with Michelle Obama and Fergie". I dunno if it's worse if she means the toe-sucking simpleton or the piss-stained Black Eyed Pea.

#33 msc

Shipman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 453 posts

Posted 24 February 2011 - 04:06 PM

View PostSpade_Cooley, on Feb 24 2011, 02:24 PM, said:

Franklin to give her first interview since surgery next week. She's not well enough to go down to the studio to do it, but the best thing here is the interviewers claims that Franklin is one of her three dream subjects, "along with Michelle Obama and Fergie". I dunno if it's worse if she means the toe-sucking simpleton or the piss-stained Black Eyed Pea.

Or Sir Alex?
2014 Pan Breed DDP – S Simon (joker), S Farmiloe, W Johnson, C Kasem, V Harper, G Cole, G Garcia Marquez, P Rice, J Hill, L Dawn, A Briggs, J vd Westhuizen, C Woodhead, C Moncrieff, T Benn, R Buell, I Watkins, H Fawkes, A Reynolds, J McGinniss

Other pools – J McVie, P Worsthorne, V Campbell, S Caesar, L Rainer, R Mugabe, P Wyngarde, K Douglas, G Whitlam, S Hall, A Franklin, R Attenborough, GHW Bush, H Kissinger, E Wallach, B Reynolds, J Garner, N Reagan, H Kessler, G Saks, L Ferlinghetti, O Chadwick, R Asherson, K Ollerenshaw, F Phelps, W Jaruzelski, G Amorth, H McCullough, F Dyson, C Pincher, O Pooley, C Townes, D Slocombe, A Hiller, F Bough, RR Shaw, A Imich, C Hollingworth, S Gall, Ghiggia, C Irving, FGD Jean, H Gregg, F Domino, B Kerr, P MacNee, C Yeager, R Suart, P Maxwell Davies, J Havelange, J de Cuellar, P Dimmock, G Ure, C Mitchelmore, J Nott, H Wouk, J Freeman, M Wilson, T Docherty, P Fox, G Howe, L Cosgrave, N Lawson, B Clemens, K Evren, RK Murray, M Soares, P Vaughan, R Baker, P Lally, L Smith, A Suarez, P Robbins, I Kanarek, IM Pei, ER Killen, J Ramsey, P de Jong, A Rhett, V Gagne. = combined 18/100

2013: 28/100
2012: 25/100
Shadow Deathlist 2011- 10/50

#34 Guest_Guest_*

• Guests

Posted 01 March 2011 - 01:52 PM

Folks on the TMZ article are suggesting it was gastric bypass surgery, which would rather take the wind out of the weight loss....

#35 Bert Trautmann

Bomber

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 199 posts

Posted 01 March 2011 - 04:54 PM

Well, whatever the problem is, she's starting to look like a wasted pick. At least I didn't pick Michael Douglas...
Golden Slumbers

Sam Simon - Wilko Johnson - Scott Putesky - Mark Evans - Clive James - Rubin Carter - Kate Granger - Sally Farmiloe - Kate Gross - Valerie Harper - Albert Reynolds - Casey Kasem - Carman - Christy Dignam - Robert Schuller - Elie Wiesel - Helen Fawkes - Sandy Jardine - Billy Graham - Katherine Crowe

Derby Dead Pool

2011 - 10th (7/20)
2012 - 74th (6/20)
2013 - 11th (11/20)

#36 VSBfromH

I Need To Get A Life!

• Members
  • 1,834 posts

Posted 02 March 2011 - 10:04 AM

View PostBertTrautmann, on Mar 1 2011, 04:54 PM, said:

Well, whatever the problem is, she's starting to look like a wasted pick. At least I didn't pick Michael Douglas...

:) I misunderstood you there Bert! I was trying to picture what someone looking like a "wasted pick" looks like, then I realised what you meant!
Oh, Mickey! What's EGREGIOUS?!

#37 Spade_Cooley

Rich Homie Quantick

• Members
  • 2,842 posts

Posted 11 March 2011 - 11:57 PM

Apparently her 75lb weightloss in two months wasn't cancer or a gastric bypass, but rather "cutting out fatty foods". Fuck this yatch, seriously.

#38 Rotten Ali

Value for money

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,222 posts

Posted 13 March 2011 - 09:56 AM

View PostSpade_Cooley, on Mar 11 2011, 11:57 PM, said:

Apparently her 75lb weightloss in two months wasn't cancer or a gastric bypass, but rather "cutting out fatty foods". Fuck this yatch, seriously.

If she has had some minor surgery, I'll take a punt on it having been a hysterectomy on the grounds she does not want to discuss it publicly. Now I'm no expert on these matters but I would think, even if it were a total whip out job the "chunks" would weigh no more than 5 to 10 lbs... So where was the other 65 to 70 lbs lost from?

I'm baffled... I think Monoclinic needs to put forward a view.
Yes yes yes yes yes... yes yes yes yes, no!
Trevor Peacock as Jim Trott in the Vicar of Dibley.
DL Shadow List: King Abdullah, Muhammad Ali, Sir Richard Attenborough, Tariq Aziz, Pope Benedict XVI, Tony Benn, Ian Brady, George HW Bush, Sid Caeser, Fidel Castro, George Cole, Katherine Crowe, Liz Dawn, Bob Dole, Kirk Douglas, Jean Claude Duvalier, Queen Fabiola of Belgium, Louis Farrakhan, Aretha Franklin, Zsa Zsa Gabor, James Garner, Ruth Bader Ginsburg, Mikhail Gorbachev, Billy Graham, King Harald V of Norway, Valerie Harper, Joao Havelange, Stephen Hawking, Jimmy Hill, Clive James, Yahya Jammeh, General Jaruzelski, Wilko Johnson, Casey Kasem, Stan Lee, Jerry Lee Lewis, Penny Marshall, T O N Mbasogo, Mary Tyler Moore, Hosni Mubarak, Ian Paisley, Nancy Reagan, Albert Reynolds, Ariel Sharon, Sam Simon, Jeremy Thorpe, Gough Whitlam, Lee Kuan Yew, Michael York & Jiang Zemin. 10/50

#39 Terminator

Post-Twunt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,051 posts

Posted 15 March 2011 - 12:39 AM

View PostRotten Ali, on Mar 13 2011, 09:56 AM, said:

If she has had some minor surgery, I'll take a punt on it having been a hysterectomy on the grounds she does not want to discuss it publicly. Now I'm no expert on these matters but I would think, even if it were a total whip out job the "chunks" would weigh no more than 5 to 10 lbs... So where was the other 65 to 70 lbs lost from?

She could have miscarried quadruplets very late on............. ;)
Ad tabernam festino

#40 Phantom

uber twunt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,342 posts

Posted 15 March 2011 - 01:08 AM

View PostTerminator, on Mar 15 2011, 12:39 AM, said:

View PostRotten Ali, on Mar 13 2011, 09:56 AM, said:

She could have miscarried quadruplets very late on............. ;)

Didn't she break a plate of ribs getting out of the bath a few months ago?

A good line never dies
It just smells funny

----

Winner of the 2014 Wojciech Jarulzelski sweepstakes

DDP 2014 3/20
Jim Bamber , Ryan Buell, Katherine Crowe Posted Image, Liz Dawn, Ruth Duccini, Janet Fielding, Zsa Zsa Gabor , Billy Graham,"Superstar" Billy Graham, Rolf Harris, Joao Havelange, Bobby Heenan, Wojciech Jarulzelski, Wilko Johnson, Stephen Lewis, Jerry Maren, Les Munro, Sonny Rollins, Sam Simon, Gough Whitlam

DDP 2012 8/20 - Joint 47th

DDP 2013 11/20 - Joint 24th

Reply to this topic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users