75 replies to this topic

#21 themaninblack

themaninblack

Pun Plunderer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,860 posts

Posted 12 February 2011 - 10:09 PM

Legendary soul singer Aretha Franklin has made her first public appearance following surgery in December.

Franklin appeared healthy and happy as she watched the Detroit Pistons play Miami Heat with the Reverend Jesse Jackson.

http://www.dailymail...o=feeds-newsxml

Wearing a very obvious wig...
"I must have killed more men than Cecil B. DeMille."

Gene Wilder as "the Waco Kid", Blazing Saddles (1974)

#22 N. Fritz

N. Fritz

Hatchet man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 12 February 2011 - 11:16 PM

First appearance in 2011: http://www.tmz.com/2...ami-heat-photo/
nec sepulcra legens vereor, quod aiunt, ne memoriam perdam;
his enim ipsis legendis in memoriam redeo mortuorum
Cicero, de Senectute

#23 N. Fritz

N. Fritz

Hatchet man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 12 February 2011 - 11:20 PM

Sorry, my bad. I thought I looked through all the posts before mine but I must've missed the last page. Mea culpa.
nec sepulcra legens vereor, quod aiunt, ne memoriam perdam;
his enim ipsis legendis in memoriam redeo mortuorum
Cicero, de Senectute

#24 JR976evil

JR976evil

I Need To Get A Life!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,735 posts

Posted 13 February 2011 - 12:46 AM

First appearance in 2011: http://www.tmz.com/2...ami-heat-photo/

aint looking too bad in the circumstances

#25 Spade_Cooley

Spade_Cooley

Rich Homie Quantick

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,757 posts

Posted 14 February 2011 - 01:18 AM

Anyone catch this Grammy's tribute to her? Her tits are lower than Emma Stone's voice these days.

"I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow

#26 Spade_Cooley

Spade_Cooley

Rich Homie Quantick

• Members
  • 3,757 posts

Posted 14 February 2011 - 01:21 AM

I never thought I'd see the day when Aretha Franklin weighed less than Christina Aguilera. I'm calling shenanigans on these claims that she hasn't got pancreatic cancer, she's like the black Patrick Swayze up out there.

"I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow

#27 Estuarian Float

Estuarian Float

Underwater Slaughter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 535 posts

Posted 14 February 2011 - 01:32 AM

Anyone catch this Grammy's tribute to her? Her tits are lower than Emma Stone's voice these days.

...And was she given her tribute before or after she denied her cancer? This could be key info... :(
Star Dust 2016 DDP: Jimmy Carter - Jean-Pierre Coffe - Jenny Craig - Martin Crowe - Johan Cruyff - Scott DesJarlais - Keith Farnham - Joey Feek - Mark Foster - Superstar Billy Graham - Goran Hadzic - Thor Hansen - Ronnie Hawkins - Larry Hogan - Igoris Kofas - Howard Marks - Una Mullally - Bryan Murray - John Rigas - Joost van der Westhuizen

2011 DDP Theme Team: Seoul Takers
2012 - 2015 DDP Theme Team: The Bedsoring '20s
2012 DDP Theme Team: Califorewarned, Oregoners, Washingtons of Bodies Away

2013 & 2014 DDP Theme Team: Bet on Black!
2015 DDP Theme Team: Izanami Orders the California Roll
2016 DDP Theme Team: Reality Bites, But Death Swallows
2016 DDP Theme Team: Drive-Thru Shooting

(((The Dust Pool))) (((Predict the Paper))) (((Kentucky Derby Dead Pool)))

#28 Spade_Cooley

Spade_Cooley

Rich Homie Quantick

• Members
  • 3,757 posts

Posted 14 February 2011 - 01:42 PM

From 10:38 onwards in this video if you wanna do some first hand research, or maybe watch it all the way through if you want to watch the continued inexplicable success of Florence Welch.

#29 harrymcnallysblueandwhitearmy

harrymcnallysblueandwhitearmy

It's God shit!

• Members
  • 1,564 posts

Posted 14 February 2011 - 03:01 PM

Talking of the Grammies, this chick was talking even more gibberish than your average entertainment reporter.

Though I suppose Jo Whiley gets away with it every day.

why, you little...

#30 Godot

Godot

In a minute

• Members
  • 3,860 posts

Posted 14 February 2011 - 05:15 PM

Talking of the Grammies, this chick was talking even more gibberish than your average entertainment reporter.

I agree with every word she said. Come to think of it she could have sung quite happily alongside Dylan here at about 5 mins 30secs.
Ring down the curtain, the farce is over

#31 time

time

Lord

• Members
  • 3,616 posts

Posted 17 February 2011 - 11:36 PM

It was, according to her physician, a 'complex migraine'.

Not sure about Jo Whiney though.

I have CDO. It's like OCD except the letters are in alphabetical order, as they should be.

#32 Spade_Cooley

Spade_Cooley

Rich Homie Quantick

• Members
  • 3,757 posts

Posted 24 February 2011 - 02:24 PM

Franklin to give her first interview since surgery next week. She's not well enough to go down to the studio to do it, but the best thing here is the interviewers claims that Franklin is one of her three dream subjects, "along with Michelle Obama and Fergie". I dunno if it's worse if she means the toe-sucking simpleton or the piss-stained Black Eyed Pea.

#33 msc

msc

Post-Twunt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,364 posts

Posted 24 February 2011 - 04:06 PM

Franklin to give her first interview since surgery next week. She's not well enough to go down to the studio to do it, but the best thing here is the interviewers claims that Franklin is one of her three dream subjects, "along with Michelle Obama and Fergie". I dunno if it's worse if she means the toe-sucking simpleton or the piss-stained Black Eyed Pea.

Or Sir Alex?

Pan Breed 2016: J Feek (joker), R Angelil, M Crowe, J Diski, R Ford, E Lubbock, Bishop G Robinson, J vd Westhuizen, M Farren, B Brown, R Kincaid, H Marks, Rev S McDonald, S LaTourette, K Farnham, A Smith, N Stiles, M Sims, P Gartside, K Granger

Other teams combined: R Atkins, C Bossom, A McQuarrie, L Carrington, L Chalfont, P Duffy, M Shaw, J Dunnett, R Murray, B Trumpington, R Buxton, M Gordon, J Knight, J Ramsden, R Sheldon, L Strathcona, E Cockeram, E du Cann, R Eyre, M Holt, E Cameron, A Yarrow, P Sallis, D Simpson, G Sterne, N Parsons, W Russell, D Pelmear, G Bayldon, D Graham, B Sellars, GA Cooper, M Perry, Y Churchman, J Garbutt, L Webb, W Lucas, A Marrane, G Houston, G Palmer, F Ricksen, R Smith, K Travis, G Banks, J Carter, G Campbell, J Woodward, S Redstone, A Hintsa, J Cruyff, Michael of Romania, R Adams, M Anderson, L Bettencourt, ER Braithwaite, G Hamilton, V Lynn, D Wilmer, H Wouk, D Slocombe, M Wilson, C Hollingworth, RF Dorr, M Brinson, V Caslavska, S Mushatt-Jones, E Morano, P Esterhazy, I St-John, R Romero, J Ace, P Maxwell-Davies, M Czarnecki, J Lovelock, Philip, ZZ Gabor, R Dotrice, D Ellis, B Forsyth, C Eastwood Total: 5/100

2015: 21/100
2014: 24/100
2013: 28/100
2012: 25/100
Shadow Deathlist 2011- 10/50

#34 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 March 2011 - 01:52 PM

Folks on the TMZ article are suggesting it was gastric bypass surgery, which would rather take the wind out of the weight loss....

#35 Bert Trautmann

Bert Trautmann

Bomber

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 206 posts

Posted 01 March 2011 - 04:54 PM

Well, whatever the problem is, she's starting to look like a wasted pick. At least I didn't pick Michael Douglas...

Golden Slumbers

Sam Simon - Lauren Hill - Daisy Berkowitz - Kim Fowley - Sultan Qaboos - Thich Nhat Hanh - Kate Granger - Gino Odjick - Yoshiro Nakamatsu - Percy Sledge - Clive Derby-Lewis - Ion Trewin - Bob Benmosche - Jock Scott - Monty Brinson - Goran Hadzic - Martin Crowe - Colin Bloomfield - Jimmy Dickens - Frank Miller

Derby Dead Pool

2011 - 10th (7/20)
2012 - 74th (6/20)
2013 - 11th (11/20)
2014 - 4th (7/20)
2015 - (8/20)

#36 VSBfromH

VSBfromH

I Need To Get A Life!

• Members
  • 1,832 posts

Posted 02 March 2011 - 10:04 AM

Well, whatever the problem is, she's starting to look like a wasted pick. At least I didn't pick Michael Douglas...

:) I misunderstood you there Bert! I was trying to picture what someone looking like a "wasted pick" looks like, then I realised what you meant!
Oh, Mickey! What's EGREGIOUS?!

#37 Spade_Cooley

Spade_Cooley

Rich Homie Quantick

• Members
  • 3,757 posts

Posted 11 March 2011 - 11:57 PM

Apparently her 75lb weightloss in two months wasn't cancer or a gastric bypass, but rather "cutting out fatty foods". Fuck this yatch, seriously.

#38 Rotten Ali

Rotten Ali

Value for money

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,680 posts

Posted 13 March 2011 - 09:56 AM

Apparently her 75lb weightloss in two months wasn't cancer or a gastric bypass, but rather "cutting out fatty foods". Fuck this yatch, seriously.

If she has had some minor surgery, I'll take a punt on it having been a hysterectomy on the grounds she does not want to discuss it publicly. Now I'm no expert on these matters but I would think, even if it were a total whip out job the "chunks" would weigh no more than 5 to 10 lbs... So where was the other 65 to 70 lbs lost from?

I'm baffled... I think Monoclinic needs to put forward a view.
That's just too Grizzly... 
Shadow List 2016. Caroline Aherne, Muhammad Ali, Ayatollah Ali Khamenei, Rene Angelil, Daisy Berkowitz, King Bhumibol Adulyadej of Thailand, Chuck Blazer, George HW Bush, Glen Campbell, Lord Carrington, Jimmy Carter, Errol Christie, Martin Crowe, Tim Curry, Sir Peter Maxwell Davies, Liz Dawn, Jenny Diski, Bob Dole, Kirk Douglas, Joey Feek, Rob Ford, Zsa Zsa Gabor, Mikhail Gorbachev, Rev Billy Graham, Dr Kate Granger, Jimmy Greaves, Goran Hadzic, Dan Haggerty, Valerie Harper, Joao Havelange, Stephen Hawking, John Hurt, Jenny Inman, Clive James, Bill Kenwright, Val Kilmer, Helmut Kohl, Lee Kun-hee (Samsung), Howard Marks, Mary Tyler Moore, Robert Mugabe, Nancy Reagan, Nick Robinson, Ian St John, Lupita Tovar, Atal Bihari Vajpayee, Joost van der Westhuizen, Gunther von Hagens, Ron Walker (AUS GP) & Jiang Zemin. 2/50

#39 Terminator

Terminator

Post-Twunt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,052 posts

Posted 15 March 2011 - 12:39 AM

If she has had some minor surgery, I'll take a punt on it having been a hysterectomy on the grounds she does not want to discuss it publicly. Now I'm no expert on these matters but I would think, even if it were a total whip out job the "chunks" would weigh no more than 5 to 10 lbs... So where was the other 65 to 70 lbs lost from?

She could have miscarried quadruplets very late on............. ;)
Ad tabernam festino

#40 Phantom

Phantom

Saddo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,247 posts

Posted 15 March 2011 - 01:08 AM

She could have miscarried quadruplets very late on............. ;)

Didn't she break a plate of ribs getting out of the bath a few months ago?

A good line never dies
It just smells funny

----
Phantom's Pick 'n' Mix 0/20

1. Joey Feek (joker), 2. Martin Crowe, 3.  Tony Booth, 4. Johan Cryuff, 5. Gordon Banks, 6. Jimmy Greaves, 7. Nancy Reagan, 8. Robert M. Pirsig, 9. Patricia Hitchcock, 10. Ian St. John, 11. Jerry Maren, 12. Peter Vaughan, 13. Ian Brady, 14. Peter Sutcliffe, 15. Jimmy Perry, 16. Daisy Berkowitz, 17. Billy Graham, 18. Jaoa Havelenge, 19. Liz Dawn, 20. Sylvia Miles

Sad Last Days (Theme Team) 0/20

1. Macaulay Culkin (Joker), 2, Zsa Zsa Gabor, 3. Sean Connory, 4. Roger Moore, 5.  Ursula Andress, 6. Kirk Douglas, 7. Angela Lansbury, 8. Mary Tyler Moore, 9. Linda Ronstadt, 10. Kenny Rogers, 11. James Caan, 12. Sophia Loren. 13.  George H.W. Bush, 14.  Doris Day, 15. Cher, 16. Jerry Lee Lewis, 17.  Nancy Reagan, 18. Burt Reynolds, 19 Muhammed Ali, 20. Bill Cosby

2016 Shadow List

1/50

Caroline Aherne, ean Alexander, Muhammed Ali, Rene Angelil, Gordon Banks,  Daisy Berkowitz, Tom "Dynamite Kid" Billington, Tony Booth, Ian Brady, George H.W Bush, Jacques Chirac, Beverly Cleary, Martin Crowe, Liz Dawn, Bob Dole, Clarissa Eden, Joey Feek, Janet Fielding, June Foray, Zsa Zsa Gabor, Gaston Glock, Billy Graham, "Superstar" Billy Graham, Jimmy Greaves, Rolf Harris, Joao Havelange, Patricia Hitchcock, Clare Hollingworth, Clive James, Helmut Kohl, Jerry Maren, Sylvia Miles, Joni Mitchell, Walter Mondale, Mary Tyler Moore, Hosni Mubarak, Robert Mugabe, Denis Norden, Jimmy Perry, Leslie Phillips, Nancy Reagan, Debbie Reynolds, Don Rickles, Sonny Rollins, Peter Sallis, Dudley Simpson, Ian St. John, Jackie Stallone, Peter Sutcliffe, Peter Vaughan.

Winner of the 2014 Wojciech Jarulzelski sweepstakes

DDP 2015 - 29th - DDP 2014 4/20 - Joint 71st , DDP 2013 11/20 - Joint 24th, DDP 2012 8/20 - Joint 47th

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users