Sign in to follow this  
Vaagheid

A Little Research Poll About Who Are Popular Picks (and Who Are Not)

Uttley and Bourgeois strike me as do-able, not much time for the rest. Then again, I thought Jade Goody a waste of a pick this time last year.

Uttley may well be a ranter fire magnet.

Never heard of most of them... David Prowse? Linda Uttley? Googie?! Is that a real name?!

The only ones I knew are not even old or ill (Polanski, Travolta, Morales) or suffering of very minor diseases (De Hoop Scheffer, Lloyd Webber). John Hartson is looking promising, though, so I voted for him. Ginsberg would be my second choice.

I checked on Jack Vance. He is ancient, but sounds like a good guy. According to the dutch wiki he invented 'hussade', a sport in which teams are battling to undress each others female, young and attractive mascotte. Why am I still watching football and hockey?!

Linda Uttley most likely.

Susan Boyle unlikely.

Uttley has the best chances of dying I'd say. Hartson, Ginsburg, and Bourgeois perhaps, most others probably not.

I don't think any of them will appear on 2010 list. (well........ Maybe Uttley will) But, hey ho, I've been known to be wrong before. :skull:

The following list is made out of all the (still living) people for who a thread was started between the 1st of january and the 1st of November (if i missed one or two I am sorry):

Louise Bourgeois - French/American sculpter turns 99 next year.

Susan Boyle - Brittish singer and runner-up on Britain's Got Talent suffered a mental breakdown earlier this year.

Pete Burns - British singer/songwriter who was on Celebrity Big Brother and had kidney failures earlier this year.

Ronnie James Dio - Rockstar who was in Black Sabbath and currently Dio.

Ruth Bader Ginsberg - American Associate Justice of the United States Supreme Court (my knowledge of the U.S.-system lacks just enough to not know what this means) suffering from pancreatic cancer.

John Hartson - British Footballer with testicular cancer that has already reached his lungs and his brain.

Evo Morales - President of Bolivia, controversial for being the first Indigenous president of a South-American country since the Spanish conqeust, appart from a near assasination attempt there is not much reason for him to have his own thread (sorry).

Roman Polanski - French/Polish filmmaker of Rosemary's Baby and Chinatown. Has recently been arrested on a 30-year old underage rape charge, seems to be having health problems in prison.

Jaap De Hoop Scheffer - Recently retired former Secratery-General of the NATO, had a heart attack earlier this year but probably won't have any troubles with his thombosis in his current quiet teaching job.

Terry Pratchett - British Fantasy writer in the early stages of Alzheimer.

David Prowse - British actor best known as the body of the Darth Vader. Was diagnosed with prostate cancer earlier this year but seems to still enter Star Wars conventions.

John Travolta - American actor known from Grease, Saturday Night Live and Pulp Fiction. Lost his son this year and seems to be suffering from a case of scientology (?)

Linda Uttley - Rugbyplayer suffering from a terminal illness but I can't find her wikipedia page.

Jack Vance - Sci-Fi writer. Blind, old and recently retired.

Andrew Lloyd Weber - British playwright of musicals like Cats, Jesus Christ Superstar and Evita. Also suffers from prostate cancer but doesn't let that slow him down, releases a folow-up play to Phantom of the Opera this year and is planning to work on a upcoming television show.

Googie Withers - British soap actress currently 92 years old.

So my question would be with the 2010-list nearing, who would you most like to see on next years list and who would you least like to see on it?

Either im exaggerating or you have conducted more opinion polls than MORI.

I think you should change your log in ID to YouGov.

Never heard of most of them... David Prowse? Linda Uttley? Googie?! Is that a real name?!

The only ones I knew are not even old or ill (Polanski, Travolta, Morales) or suffering of very minor diseases (De Hoop Scheffer, Lloyd Webber). John Hartson is looking promising, though, so I voted for him. Ginsberg would be my second choice.

I checked on Jack Vance. He is ancient, but sounds like a good guy. According to the dutch wiki he invented 'hussade', a sport in which teams are battling to undress each others female, young and attractive mascotte. Why am I still watching football and hockey?!

Er...he was Darth Vader!

Uttley should really have gone by now but she's more a DDP pick than a Deathlist pick as she's not particularly well known..

<--- Ginsberg should be on next year.

<--- Lloyd Webber not, 'cus prostate cancer takes too long.

<--- Lloyd Weber not, 'cus prostate cancer takes too long.

In ALW's case, it could be argued that any form of cancer would take too long.

Sorry to sound like a twat, but I really dislike him.

Motion (and aptly he is one) seconded.

Motion (and aptly he is one) seconded.

Honez, you're not alone in thinking that of Lloyd Webber...

Er...he was Darth Vader!

Uttley should really have gone by now but she's more a DDP pick than a Deathlist pick as she's not particularly well known..

Never mind Darth Vader, he was the Green Cross Code man!!!

Er...he was Darth Vader!

Never mind Darth Vader, he was the Green Cross Code man!!!

Never heard of him, either.

And by the way: Prowse was not Darth Vader, James Earl Jones was Darth Vader. David Prowse lend his fysical form to give the DV-cloak its shape... no serious actor would prostitute himself like that.

Hartson should be on the list - prognosis unknown still (I think), but probably the sickest of the lot. We'll know better come December likely. Travolta should be left off...

Guest Guest

this is a rather pointles poll now that Linda Uttley has died.

Could the moderators close it.

this is a rather pointles poll now that Linda Uttley has died.

Could the moderators close it.

Why, was she the only person on the list? :)