football_fan

Ideas and Possibilities for 2010

The Monkees were manufactured and - therefore - short-lived but they DID change their line up, shrinking to a trio (minus Mike) and a duo (minus Mike and Peter), both diminished line ups made albums, though the less said about those albums the better.

Interesting, mind, on the day Ringo and Paul announce an onstage reunion, significant sixties bands with static line ups and a fully breathing membership as of today:

Simon and Garfunkel.............

ZZ Top (formed 1969, so more a 70s/80s band)

I'm struggling beyond that.

The Kinks....

I believe they split and reformed but seeing as a child I was subjected to Peter Paul and Mary I better add them into the ring. I guess being named thus you'd have a tougher job replacing one of them. Though not as difficult as Zachary, Zebidiah and Rosalind if such an outfit were to exist.

Kinks - no way - in the 70s they went through bass and keyboard players the way Spinal Tap go through drummers.

PPM - yeah - probably more 'significant' than many of us would like to admit.

And - I'm ashamed to say - I missed two obvious line-ups working in the 60s who count: CSN & CSNY.

Kinks - no way - in the 70s they went through bass and keyboard players the way Spinal Tap go through drummers.

And - I'm ashamed to say - I missed two obvious line-ups working in the 60s who count: CSN & CSNY.

I don't mean so much about the personnel changes with Kinks, more their stickability in terms of living, although

isn't John Gosling dead?

How CSNY have still got C on this earth, I'll never know...

I don't mean so much about the personnel changes with Kinks, more their stickability in terms of living, although

isn't John Gosling dead?

How CSNY have still got C on this earth, I'll never know...

And if he did, that would put me right back in the top ten.......

Hmmm - 2010 might be a bit early, but he's probably one to watch beyond that. Didn't realise he'd started drinking again until I read the above and his cocaine habit earlier in his life will probably have weakened his heart muscles.

Former Irish rugby star Moss Keane, 60, who played 51 times for his country, is suffering from cancer.

At least one WWF wrestler through drink/drugs/murder/suicide or a combination of the 4.

My money is on Jake 'The Snake' Roberts..

Malcolm Jones of Runrig has collapsed and is described as being "seriously ill" in hospital

Scottish crime writer Reg McKay is suffering from cancer. He has two tumours on his brain and one on his lung...

Miley Cyrus has a heart condition. Que a flurry of 'Achy breaky' headlines tomorrow.

Unlikely to see her off in 2010, mind.

The Syrian dissident, Riad Seif, has been arrested and thrown in prison for "harming the image of Syria". He suffers from prostate cancer and was previously banned from leaving the country for medical treatment, a restricition he has described as a "slow death sentence". BBC article about him here.

Riad Seif is reported to be "on his deathbed".

Pakistani opposition leader Nawaz Sharif fears assassination by the government.

Pakistani opposition leader Nawaz Sharif fears assassination by the government.

A political assassination in Pakistan........whatever gave him that idea?

In a classic case of bandwagon jumping, Michelle Bass, who appeared on Big Brother, fears that she has cervical cancer.

In a classic case of bandwagon jumping, Michelle Bass, who appeared on Big Brother, fears that she has cervical cancer.

I saw that both the main tabloids today had Kerry Katona on the front and I thought 'Don't tell me she's got

the big C and all"...

Wouldn't put it past her.....

Michelle Who?

Malcolm Jones of Runrig has collapsed and is described as being "seriously ill" in hospital

Not sure what he had, but he's apparently "up and about" in hospital now.

I think I was more surprised to find out that Runrig are still going. Although in the 36 years that they've been together, according to their discography, they've only released 13 studio albums.

I'm wondering if we could start a new thread akin to the "People I was surprised to find are still alive" but call it "whatever happened to...?"