Sign in to follow this  
Vaagheid

Ali Hassan Al-majid

I was just wondering if Ali Hassan Al-Majid (also known as Chemical Ali) would be a good pick for 2010. The former war criminal and cousin of Saddam Hussein got his third death sentence in march this year and looking on how anti-Saddam Iraq is today I would surdenly say that he will be executed in the near future. I always had a feeling he could go at any minute because Saddams death happened so suprisingly (just before the end of the year). The Uk Obit will be no problem at all seeing that any major British news network and newspaper has already reported his sentences.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/7919385.stm

Chemical Ali was discussed at the DL 2010 selection meeting, but for reasons I don't now recall he wasn't picked. Maybe this latest death sentence will be ignored like the rest of them.

I was just wondering if Ali Hassan Al-Majid (also known as Chemical Ali) would be a good pick for 2010. The former war criminal and cousin of Saddam Hussein got his third death sentence in march this year and looking on how anti-Saddam Iraq is today I would surdenly say that he will be executed in the near future. I always had a feeling he could go at any minute because Saddams death happened so suprisingly (just before the end of the year). The Uk Obit will be no problem at all seeing that any major British news network and newspaper has already reported his sentences.

Chemical Ali was discussed at the DL 2010 selection meeting, but for reasons I don't now recall he wasn't picked. Maybe this latest death sentence will be ignored like the rest of them.

I think it will really happen this time. He's had the trial for his offenses against the Kurds and it seems like al Maliki and the council have finally come to some sort of an agreement. I always thought that you didn't pick him because you're following the DDP rules (no executions). He's eligible in my league and he's on my team. I need him because I am one grave behind with less than a month and a half to go.

Ah - just got in before me - well done TAFKAG - & and I've not yet heard it from BBC 5live yet.

D'oh! Can I change the excuse for not picking him to that he didn't pass the "You can't pick anyone sentenced to die" rule?

D'oh! Can I change the excuse for not picking him to that he didn't pass the "You can't pick anyone sentenced to die" rule?

As he was sentenced to death four times, he is not just dead, he's supposed to be even deader.

They might have done the same to him as to Braveheart: dismemberment, decapitation and hanging. If they'd stoned the remains, that would have made four, and he would have been deadest.

Is that your team name? A Taste of Thursday Afternoon?

I think it will really happen this time. He's had the trial for his offenses against the Kurds and it seems like al Maliki and the council have finally come to some sort of an agreement. I always thought that you didn't pick him because you're following the DDP rules (no executions). He's eligible in my league and he's on my team. I need him because I am one grave behind with less than a month and a half to go.

His death moves the Dead Sox back into a first place tie with a little over a month to go in the Death League season. It's possible we'll have our second "sudden death" overtime in 14 years.