- - - - -

The Chequered Flag Who's on the last lap in motor racing?

728 replies to this topic

#361 Lard Bazaar

Bang! And the dirt is gone!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,283 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 07:32 AM

It was a spectacularly dickish move from Bautista, what you don't see from this footage, but you saw on the telly, was his sweeping lunge from a few places back right into the corner, he was never going to make it, and rightfully he has been penalised by having to start at the back of the grid in the next race, and Lorenzo has been allowed a replacement engine without penalty, as you also don't see from this that Lorenzo's bike blew up - but both got straight up and were not injured, thankfully. Sadly it didn't involve that whinging buck-toothed fuck-knuckle Casey Stoner, although he did have a biggun in practice the other day, for which I will find footage and post it in the Room Lovely thread.

#362 One shot Paddy

potato

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 468 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 12:54 PM

View PostLard Bazaar, on 02 July 2012 - 07:32 AM, said:

Sadly it didn't involve that whinging buck-toothed fuck-knuckle Casey Stoner

I see we share a "love" of that obnoxious wee cunt. I had the misfortune of being pitted next to him when he was about 15, I was goin to knock his fuck in until someone pointed out that I would be done for child abuse.
There's more than one way to skin a cat, but I find a big sharp knife works best!

#363 Lard Bazaar

• Members
  • 3,283 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 06:51 PM

View PostOne shot Paddy, on 02 July 2012 - 12:54 PM, said:

I see we share a "love" of that obnoxious wee cunt. I had the misfortune of being pitted next to him when he was about 15, I was goin to knock his fuck in until someone pointed out that I would be done for child abuse.

He is just such an unlikeable character, despite (and I hate to say it) being a pretty exceptional rider. He always has an excuse for when he doesn't win, or things don't go his way, he just doesn't like to accept that sometimes, someone else is better on the day. Arm pump, chatter, stomach ache, there's always something - if he could just show a little humility sometimes and admit 'yes, today Lorenzo/Pedrosa/whoever was better than me', then maybe I could show him a bit more respect - and of course, the 'obviously your ambition outweighed your talent' comment to Rossi just shows what a total twat he is. And don't get me started on how far up his ass Moody and Ryder are - there are other riders on the track you pair of ass-licking cock-knockers!
I'm glad he's retiring - it will open up the field a little more, although I think Lorenzo will now be the man to beat for the forseeable future. Although for next year, dependent on who offers him a ride, I would not count out our very own Crutchlow. He's got the fire in his belly that some of the others just don't have - it's all very well being a smart, calculating, precision rider, but you need that bit of mad-as-fuck in you, and he's got it, like Simoncelli before him.

Sorry, I've gone off on a bit of a tangent there - so to summarise, yes, I think Casey Stoner is a cunt.

#364 Paul Bearer

Zombie Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,241 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 08:56 PM

View PostLard Bazaar, on 02 July 2012 - 06:51 PM, said:

Sorry, I've gone off on a bit of a tangent there - so to summarise, yes, I think Casey Stoner is a cunt.

He speaks very highly of you.
This is true my form is something odd,
But blaming me is blaming God;
Could I create myself anew
I would not fail in pleasing you.

#365 One shot Paddy

potato

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 468 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 09:14 PM

View PostLard Bazaar, on 02 July 2012 - 06:51 PM, said:

View PostOne shot Paddy, on 02 July 2012 - 12:54 PM, said:

He is just such an unlikeable character, despite (and I hate to say it) being a pretty exceptional rider. He always has an excuse for when he doesn't win, or things don't go his way, he just doesn't like to accept that sometimes, someone else is better on the day. Arm pump, chatter, stomach ache, there's always something - if he could just show a little humility sometimes and admit 'yes, today Lorenzo/Pedrosa/whoever was better than me', then maybe I could show him a bit more respect - and of course, the 'obviously your ambition outweighed your talent' comment to Rossi just shows what a total twat he is. And don't get me started on how far up his ass Moody and Ryder are - there are other riders on the track you pair of ass-licking cock-knockers!
I'm glad he's retiring - it will open up the field a little more, although I think Lorenzo will now be the man to beat for the forseeable future. Although for next year, dependent on who offers him a ride, I would not count out our very own Crutchlow. He's got the fire in his belly that some of the others just don't have - it's all very well being a smart, calculating, precision rider, but you need that bit of mad-as-fuck in you, and he's got it, like Simoncelli before him.

The comment to Rossi did anger me as the only time he raced over here he tried to take a corner 30 mph too quick and went arse over tit then beat the shit out of the bike with his crash helmet as if it was to blame. The next day he was kind enough to empty the tanks of his motorhome flooding us, thats when I was going to show him another ues for a paddock stand!!!!!! :bat:
There's more than one way to skin a cat, but I find a big sharp knife works best!

#366 Magere Hein

Film land, Homer!

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,685 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 09:29 PM

View PostOne shot Paddy, on 02 July 2012 - 09:14 PM, said:

The next day he was kind enough to empty the tanks of his motorhome flooding us, thats when I was going to show him another ues for a paddock stand!!!!!! :bat:

Isn't a tyre iron the weapon of choice in such circumstances?

regards,
Hein
DDP 2014 team The Grey Horde:
King Abdullah of Saudi Arabia, Ayman al-Zawahiri, Lys Assia, Sister Wendy Beckett, Ryan Buell Posted Image,Jacques Chirac, Felix Dennis, Aretha Franklin, Ruth Bader Ginsburg, Marilyn Horne, Clive James, General Wojciech Jaruzelski, Wilko Johnson, Helmut Kohl, Joseph Kony, Misao Okawa, Bernie Madoff, Robert Mugabe, Julie Newmar, Michael Schumacher

DDP 2014 theme team Minions of Xuleneb:
King Albert II, Princess Beatrix, Prince Bernhard jr, Elco Brinkman, Corry Brokken, Dick Bruna, Raymond Ceulemans, Godfried Danneels, Piet de Jong, Mark Eyskens, Queen Fabiola Of Belgium Posted Image, Jan Janssen, Grand Duke Jean I of Luxembourg, Wubbo Ockels, Fernando Ricksen, Kees Rijvers, Wim Ruska, Toots Thielemans, Martinus J. G. Veltman, Geert Wilders

#367 Magere Hein

Film land, Homer!

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,685 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 11:25 AM

Spanish F1 test driver Maria de Villota has suffered life-threatening injuries in a crash during testing in Cambridgeshire. According to BBC Cambridgeshire presenter Chris Mann, who witnessed the crash:

"Strangely, the car suddenly accelerated into the lorry and the car went careering into the side of the loading board."

I don't think she'll be promoted to racing driver anytime soon.

regards,
Hein
DDP 2014 team The Grey Horde:
King Abdullah of Saudi Arabia, Ayman al-Zawahiri, Lys Assia, Sister Wendy Beckett, Ryan Buell Posted Image,Jacques Chirac, Felix Dennis, Aretha Franklin, Ruth Bader Ginsburg, Marilyn Horne, Clive James, General Wojciech Jaruzelski, Wilko Johnson, Helmut Kohl, Joseph Kony, Misao Okawa, Bernie Madoff, Robert Mugabe, Julie Newmar, Michael Schumacher

DDP 2014 theme team Minions of Xuleneb:
King Albert II, Princess Beatrix, Prince Bernhard jr, Elco Brinkman, Corry Brokken, Dick Bruna, Raymond Ceulemans, Godfried Danneels, Piet de Jong, Mark Eyskens, Queen Fabiola Of Belgium Posted Image, Jan Janssen, Grand Duke Jean I of Luxembourg, Wubbo Ockels, Fernando Ricksen, Kees Rijvers, Wim Ruska, Toots Thielemans, Martinus J. G. Veltman, Geert Wilders

#368 our Sydney

Sniper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 01:05 PM

Hi Lardy and One shot
may I say thanks for a top rant expression of opinion, cheared me up no end to have two people let loose on a subject they feel pasionate about. Not really into two wheeled roundy roundy stuff but I really enjoyed that. more please don't care about the subject just need some passion!
Best regards
Syd

#369 maryportfuncity

Dedicated Cumbrian Corpse Hound, or summat

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,241 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 06:30 PM

Re de Villotta, I'd really appreciate OoO's inside knowledge on this. It may be a bit more than her not being promoted soon. What feels odd to me is that on her first session in an F1 car she hit a support vehicle.

S'cuse the cynicism but...is this a case of a cash-strapped team grabbing an unsuitable driver because she offered sponsorship and publicity options and, if so, was this an accident waiting to happen as soon as she was left in sole charge of that amount of power and a car that nervous?

Not having a go about women drivers. If I'm right about the above I also think Danica Patrick could have got into that car, done the session and walked away.
Posted Image

Maryport is a disappointment for which there is no cure, but the annual Deathrace thread hereabouts provides welcome distraction.

#370 krustylicious

Hatchet man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 07:13 PM

Maria, had done already several hundred km in an f1 car last year. It sounds more of an accident than anything else than her ability. Given her facial and head injuries I think some sensitivity is needed.

#371 Octopus of Odstock

Post twunt

• Members
  • 3,829 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 08:06 PM

View Postmaryportfuncity, on 03 July 2012 - 06:30 PM, said:

Re de Villotta, I'd really appreciate OoO's inside knowledge on this. It may be a bit more than her not being promoted soon. What feels odd to me is that on her first session in an F1 car she hit a support vehicle.

S'cuse the cynicism but...is this a case of a cash-strapped team grabbing an unsuitable driver because she offered sponsorship and publicity options and, if so, was this an accident waiting to happen as soon as she was left in sole charge of that amount of power and a car that nervous?

De Villota is an able enough driver, who, if we are going to compare with the increasing amount of female drivers in the top-level of the sport, certainly rates higher than Katherine Legge and Ana Beatriz. I'd say she's on a similar level as Simona de Silvestro, who bar a miserable Indianapolis 500, has delivered a number of worthy performances in the IRL over the last year.

In her favour, her father, Emilio (who she is the spitting image of, facial wise), was not only a F1 driver, but team boss and driver coach, so she has had that support and knowlesge more than some others. Against her is the fact that her surname alone has led to sponsorship in Spain, let alone the fact that she's female, so it doesn't give an impression of someone in for talent, more for the reasons MPFC notes above. However, Maldonado was seen as a "pay driver" and quashed that a few months ago.

But generally speaking, her performancs don't really merit a F1 drive, irrespective of today. It's worth noting that when Timo Glock was ill and had to miss the European Grand Prix, that de Villota was not an option at any stage, and also hadn't got the requirements necessary for a superlicence. I think she'd probably make a competitve driver in sportscars or touring cars though.

Sorry... short answer is... no, it appears more a freak accident than driver ability alone.

#372 maryportfuncity

• Members
  • 11,241 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 08:07 PM

BautistaFair enough, first point taken, though OoO knows his stuff here and I'd appreciate his opinion. Re the other point..."Deathlist" and "sensitivity" usually combined in sentences about as often as Eric Pickles and Anorexia!

Add an edit to say I'm replying to Hatchet Man and during the typing of my reply OoO pulled the Bautista inside line and posted at the same time. Cheers OoO, I've got it now.

Does she still look like her dad?

Oh, my coat...
Posted Image

Maryport is a disappointment for which there is no cure, but the annual Deathrace thread hereabouts provides welcome distraction.

#373 Rotten Ali

Value for money

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,256 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 09:35 PM

Really shocked by the nasty accident to Maria De Villota. Wish her well over the next few days to pull through and start to make a full recovery ASAP.
Yes yes yes yes yes... yes yes yes yes, no!

(Trevor Peacock as Jim Trott in the Vicar of Dibley)

DL Shadow List: King Abdullah, Muhammad Ali, Sir Richard Attenborough, Tariq Aziz, Pope Benedict XVI, Tony Benn, Ian Brady, George HW Bush, Sid Caeser, Fidel Castro, George Cole, Katherine Crowe, Liz Dawn, Bob Dole, Kirk Douglas, Jean Claude Duvalier, Queen Fabiola of Belgium, Louis Farrakhan, Aretha Franklin, Zsa Zsa Gabor, James Garner, Ruth Bader Ginsburg, Mikhail Gorbachev, Billy Graham, King Harald V of Norway, Valerie Harper, Joao Havelange, Stephen Hawking, Jimmy Hill, Clive James, Yahya Jammeh, General Jaruzelski, Wilko Johnson, Casey Kasem, Stan Lee, Jerry Lee Lewis, Penny Marshall, T O N Mbasogo, Mary Tyler Moore, Hosni Mubarak, Ian Paisley, Nancy Reagan, Albert Reynolds, Ariel Sharon, Sam Simon, Jeremy Thorpe, Gough Whitlam, Lee Kuan Yew, Michael York & Jiang Zemin. 12/50

#374 Davey Jones' Locker

I Need To Get A Life!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,898 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 02:30 AM

Ferrari's top designer has died at 85.

#375 maryportfuncity

• Members
  • 11,241 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 04:36 PM

de Vilotta critical but stable, but she's lost her right eye:

http://www.bbc.co.uk...eshire-18711127
Posted Image

#376 Davey Jones' Locker

I Need To Get A Life!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,898 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 09:28 PM

View Postmaryportfuncity, on 04 July 2012 - 04:36 PM, said:

Bloody women drivers!

#377 maryportfuncity

• Members
  • 11,241 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 09:51 PM

Good news, mind. The team truck is out of surgery; expected to make a full recovery!
Posted Image

#378 Lard Bazaar

• Members
  • 3,283 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 07:21 AM

View PostDavey Jones' Locker, on 04 July 2012 - 09:28 PM, said:

View Postmaryportfuncity, on 04 July 2012 - 04:36 PM, said:

Bloody women drivers!

There is no place for women in motor sport, apart from holding brollies with their jugs out. They are historically and consistently shit at it, so why bother? Why has there never been a female F1 or MotoGP winner? Because they're simply not good enough. Stay at home with your knitting and kittens, ladies, and stop embarrassing yourselves. Leave it to the big boys.

Yes, I am a girl. And yes, when I'm driving down the M4, I am the best driver ever invented.

#379 maryportfuncity

• Members
  • 11,241 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 02:44 PM

Ms Bazaar

Thank your for stimulating and incisive comments. Your ideas were passed to the Minister of Transport who studied them carefully before passing them on to the Home Secretary, who - in turn - passed them to the junior minister responsible for implementing policies of equality and diversity. Whilst initially bemused by your suggestions, the junior minister feels you would be an ideal member of his forthcoming delegation on a cultural exchange visit to Saudi Arabia, and will be in touch shortly.
Posted Image

#380 maryportfuncity

• Members
  • 11,241 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 01:22 PM

Recently read about the 90th birthday celebrations last year for Norman Dewis; mentioned earlier in this thread. Survivor of infamous 1955 Le Mans race (raced for Jaguar at that event) and subsequently their chief test-driver for three and a half decades. Considering his ability to survive serious accidents in the testing career he seems somewhat charmed longevity wise. Still doing live events for Jaguar and reported to be so sprightly he exited a C type Jaguar at his birthday celebrations like "a cork out of a bottle." But he is in his nineties and likely obit-worthy.
Posted Image

Reply to this topic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users