Nancy Reagan Actress

181 replies to this topic

#1 weatherman90

Executioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 692 posts

Posted 07 June 2004 - 09:36 PM

You guys better add Nancy Reagan to your 2005 list, she will be 84 next year!
"I really wish I had a signature." - Weatherman90

#2 Guest_Guest_Billy the Squid_*

• Guests

Posted 15 June 2004 - 06:03 AM

is there room for her on the 2005 list?

is she famous enough

it would be too strange to have a deathlist without a reagan on it

#3 Paul Bearer

Zombie Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,212 posts

Posted 15 June 2004 - 12:08 PM

she's already on mine!!!!!
This is true my form is something odd,
But blaming me is blaming God;
Could I create myself anew
I would not fail in pleasing you.

#4 Teddy

Assassin

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 834 posts

Posted 15 June 2004 - 01:58 PM

2005 seems to be shaping up for a potentially bumper year for former First Ladies.

In addition to Nancy, we have Lady Bird Johnson, and lets not forget Barabra Bush (79), Rosalynn Carter (77), and Betty Ford (86). Admittedly, Barbara and Rosalynn may still be on the young side (relatively speaking, of course), but surely the drug and alcohol abuse that Betty fought in the 70's has taken some toll.

Looks like the title ex-First Lady may soon be changing to ex-ex-First Lady :lol:
"Tears are sometimes an inappropriate response to death. When a life has been lived completely honestly, completely successfully, or just completely, the correct response to death's perfect punctuation mark is a smile." - Julie Burchill

#5 weatherman90

Executioner

• Members
  • 692 posts

Posted 15 June 2004 - 05:39 PM

Guest_Billy the Squid, on Jun 15 2004, 06:03 AM, said:

is there room for her on the 2005 list?

is she famous enough

it would be too strange to have a deathlist without a reagan on it
Why would you ask a stupid question like "Is she famous enough?" She's a first lady for god's sake!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Are you that stupid??

#6 Rude Kid

Shipman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 278 posts

Posted 15 June 2004 - 06:04 PM

It was a fair question from Mr The Squid. Get a sense of perspective - Nancy Reagan is only a former First Lady of a single one of the world's 193 countries, which is home to not much more than 5% of our planet's population; it's just that many inhabitants of that country have a blinkered tendency to forget that there's anything outside their borders. Hell, this isn't even an American website. Could you name the widow of a former President of any other country?
Rude Kid
Co-organiser, Derby Dead Pool

#7 Night

Sniper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 15 June 2004 - 06:19 PM

Just Canada, does that count?

#8 The Four Horsemen

Assassin

• Members
  • 984 posts

Posted 16 June 2004 - 09:14 AM

And France, possibly
It is surely better to be pissed off than pissed on

#9 Rude Kid

Shipman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 278 posts

Posted 16 June 2004 - 11:30 AM

(weatherman90 scurries off to look in an atlas for these 'Canada' and 'France' places of which you speak...) :lol:
Rude Kid
Co-organiser, Derby Dead Pool

#10 Teddy

Assassin

• Moderators
  • 834 posts

Posted 16 June 2004 - 11:56 AM

(weatherman90 scurries off to look in an atlas for these 'Canada' and 'France' places of which you speak...) 

If its any help weatherman90 - Canada is that cold place up north which isn't part of the US (don't confuse it with Alaska, which is).

France is that big country in Europe which didn't support the war in Iraq. Oops, doesn't really narrow that down much, does it :lol:
"Tears are sometimes an inappropriate response to death. When a life has been lived completely honestly, completely successfully, or just completely, the correct response to death's perfect punctuation mark is a smile." - Julie Burchill

#11 Guest_Karl-Erik Wadin Wesslén_*

• Guests

Posted 16 June 2004 - 02:15 PM

If she was married to that f*****g despot and capitalist (same thing) I really hope she´ll die a painful death really soon.

#12 weatherman90

Executioner

• Members
  • 692 posts

Posted 16 June 2004 - 02:51 PM

In fact I do know alot of First Ladys from other countries, Have you knuckleheads even looked at this year's list? There is a lady named "Princess Alice", who the heck is that??? The Job Description says "Queen Mum's Sister In Law" I think that If some dead Queen's sister In Law from some country can be on the list, dont you think that the first lady of the best president of the 20th century can be on it?

#13 Grim Reaper

Post-Twunt

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,239 posts

Posted 16 June 2004 - 08:34 PM

Just to finish this "famous enough" debate - Nancy Reagan will qualify on that criteria primarily because her death will be well reported.

Whether standing by Ronnie's side is much of an achievement to claim celebirty status is debatable but, to use Dearby Dead Pool rules as a guide, she will get obituaries in the main UK newspapers and, our other guide, all the DeathList committee members have heard of her.

Wetherman - not a bad point re Princess Alice - there have been many debates about whether she qualifies - but we finally agreed (or disagreed) that she did qualify - marginally.

#14 Night

Sniper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 16 June 2004 - 08:48 PM

Mrs. Reagan should certainly qualify for being the first non-Russian to use an astrologer to determine matters of state.

#15 Grim Reaper

Post-Twunt

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,239 posts

Posted 16 June 2004 - 08:52 PM

Closely followed by Glen Hoddle of course :lol:

#16 weatherman90

Executioner

• Members
  • 692 posts

Posted 17 June 2004 - 06:07 PM

I think that Barbara Bush has got quite a few years left.

#17 Siren

Morbid interest

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7 posts

Posted 12 October 2004 - 01:00 AM

I doubt she'll last through 2005. She's not looking too well these days.

[SA Edit: Merged with previous Nancy topic 13/10]
I don't enjoy it here squatting on this island looking picturesque and mythical with these two feathery maniacs...

#18 Guest_Banshees Scream_*

• Guests

Posted 12 October 2004 - 01:21 AM

I Agree Nancy Reagon hasent looked at her best lateley but i think 2005 might be just a bit to soon :P

#19 Siren

Morbid interest

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7 posts

Posted 12 October 2004 - 01:36 AM

She was too in-tune with Ronald.

I say she'll die of a heart attack, within the week of the 1 year anniversary of his death, and she'll be going to or coming from some public function.
I don't enjoy it here squatting on this island looking picturesque and mythical with these two feathery maniacs...

#20 Teddy

Assassin

• Moderators
  • 834 posts

Posted 12 October 2004 - 03:16 PM

A welcome return to the forum for Nancy, who seemed to have slipped from peoples minds (well, she slipped from Ronnie's many years ago).

You may also be interest in this thread which also discusses some other former First Ladies.

Reply to this topic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users