49. Christopher Lee Actor

48 replies to this topic

#1 Anubis the Jackal

Twunt Master

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,114 posts

Posted 10 December 2008 - 09:42 AM

Veteran Actor, soldier, singer and golfer Christopher Lee is 86. Still working, darling but for how much longer ?
Pardon me but I got to run
The fact's uncommonly clear
I got to find who's now the number one
And why my angel eyes ain't here

Excuse me while I disappear

#2 Cowboy Ronnie

I Need To Get A Life!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,994 posts

Posted 10 December 2008 - 10:29 AM

View PostAnubis the Jackal, on Dec 10 2008, 09:42 AM, said:

Veteran Actor, soldier, singer and golfer Christopher Lee is 86. Still working, darling but for how much longer ?

Very interesting suggestion, AtJ. Christopher Lee is a perfect example of what the DL's all about. Everyone's heard of him, he's old (and looks just a heartbeat from death in the pic near the bottom of his wiki page), he loves cigars, yet he continues to make movies. There's lots of trivia tidbits about him (including that he is pictured on the cover of Wings' Band on the Run, surely the greatest album in rock history), and he's been in some of the biggest movies ever, including the Star Wars and Lord of the Rings series, and of course a Bond film.

The DL should honour him with a lifetime achievement award and put him on for 2009. Heavy lobbying on his behalf will be undertaken at the Committee meeting.

#3 Anubis the Jackal

Twunt Master

• Moderators
  • 3,114 posts

Posted 10 December 2008 - 12:24 PM

Not my suggestion, merely acting on the whims of Mr McNallys peculiar nocturnal subconscious. I'd advise reading his autobiography 'Tall, Dark and Gruesome' if only for the fact that he glosses over most of his films and bangs on and on about being accused of cheating at golf in some '70's Pro-Celebrity tournament.

On the other hand, I would certainly not advise listening to his 2007 album 'Revalation' which is, in short, an absolute travesty. At some point, the producer really should have stepped in to terminate it humanely, but probably didn't fancy tangling with Lord Summerisle for fear of ending his days in a bloody great Wicker Man.
Pardon me but I got to run
The fact's uncommonly clear
I got to find who's now the number one
And why my angel eyes ain't here

Excuse me while I disappear

#4 Guest_Guest_*

• Guests

Posted 15 January 2009 - 08:29 PM

Lee has a German bullet lodged near his heart - if it ever moved he could be a goner. Its delicate position is why it was never removed. Apart from that, he seems in pretty good health, and tall, thin people tend to live a long time anyway.

#5 Raskolnikov

Sniper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 15 January 2009 - 08:56 PM

View PostGuest, on Jan 15 2009, 08:29 PM, said:

Lee has a German bullet lodged near his heart - if it ever moved he could be a goner. Its delicate position is why it was never removed. Apart from that, he seems in pretty good health, and tall, thin people tend to live a long time anyway.

Well that's most reassuring as I'm tall and thin myself, but I rather think Robert Wadlow would disagree with you. :(

And for what it's worth, I can't see Lee going any time soon.
Crime? What crime? My killing a loathsome, harmful louse, a filthy old moneylender woman...and you call that a crime?

#6 Lard Bazaar

Bang! And the dirt is gone!

• Members
  • 3,236 posts

Posted 15 January 2009 - 09:42 PM

View PostGuest, on Jan 15 2009, 08:29 PM, said:

That's me f**ked then.

#7 maryportfuncity

Dedicated Cumbrian Corpse Hound, or summat

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,656 posts

Posted 15 January 2009 - 11:49 PM

he is pictured on the cover of Wings' Band on the Run, surely the greatest album in rock history

First off......no way is that - often - lightweight twaddle the greatest album in rock history.

Secondly......we could have debate on this thread, will any of the remaining Band on the Run cover stars cark it before Christopher?

Still alive from that cover: Macca, Denny Laine, Parky, Kenny Lynch, Clement Freud, John Conteh.

I reckon hard living might catch up with Denny Laine before Christopher Lee dies.
Posted Image

Maryport is a disappointment for which there is no cure, but the annual Deathrace thread hereabouts provides welcome distraction.

#8 themaninblack

Pun Plunderer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,995 posts

Posted 16 January 2009 - 12:25 AM

View Postmaryportfuncity, on Jan 15 2009, 11:49 PM, said:

he is pictured on the cover of Wings' Band on the Run, surely the greatest album in rock history

First off......no way is that - often - lightweight twaddle the greatest album in rock history.

Secondly......we could have debate on this thread, will any of the remaining Band on the Run cover stars cark it before Christopher?

Still alive from that cover: Macca, Denny Laine, Parky, Kenny Lynch, Clement Freud, John Conteh.

I reckon hard living might catch up with Denny Laine before Christopher Lee dies.

A likely candidate...
"I must have killed more men than Cecil B. DeMille."

Gene Wilder as "the Waco Kid", Blazing Saddles (1974)

#9 dweezilpugwash

Pointless Ranter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 4 posts

Posted 19 February 2009 - 05:19 PM

View Postthemaninblack, on Jan 16 2009, 12:25 AM, said:

A likely candidate...
ACCORDING TO WIKIPIDIA HES DEAD

#10 Phantom

uber twunt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,061 posts

Posted 19 February 2009 - 05:25 PM

View Postdweezilpugwash, on Feb 19 2009, 06:19 PM, said:

A likely candidate...

Wikipedia have amended their site, according to his profile he's still alive

#11 Canadian Paul

uber twunt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,132 posts

Posted 19 February 2009 - 05:50 PM

View PostPhantom, on Feb 19 2009, 12:25 PM, said:

View Postdweezilpugwash, on Feb 19 2009, 06:19 PM, said:

A likely candidate...

Wikipedia have amended their site, according to his profile he's still alive

And amended by a DL member as well... if they're using the same screen name of course... :) We do so much here, yet we're so under appreciated...
Twunt Master Series (August 2007 - January 2008) (January 2008 - June 2008) (July 2008 - April 2009) (April 2009 - January 2010)

Uber Twunt Series (January 2010 - ?)

I still owe NAP

#12 Guest_Guest_KISS OF DEATH_*_*

• Guests

Posted 22 March 2009 - 04:35 AM

f**k me, I hope they put a stake through his heart when hes gone, i dont want him haunting me in the dark hours of the morning

#13 GRAVE DIGGER

Morbid interest

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 22 March 2009 - 09:18 AM

Christopher Lee was actualy born in Transylvania in 1430, death list has failed to piont out that he is actualy 579 years old , And that he cant die until a stake has been drove through his heart,this being the case, i think it would be wise to take him of your list.why not make Thatcher your number 1 candidate, i think the number of people wanting to burn this old witch is alot higher

#14 Ulitzer95

Shipman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 429 posts

Posted 22 March 2009 - 10:07 AM

The numbering is not ordered by how much people want them to die but by how likely they are to die....
2009 DDP Team: Abdelbasset Al Megrahi, Billy Graham, Sir Bobby Robson, Bert Hazell, Ariel Sharon, Clifton James, Elizabeth Dawn, Jenny Wood-Allen, Jade Goody, Margaret Thatcher, Mohammad Naseem, Sir Norman Wisdom, Oral Roberts, Patriarch Pavle of Serbia, Patrick Swayze, Rita Levi Montalcini, Sree Sree Shivakumara Swamiji, Ted Kennedy, Wendy Richard, Yitzhak Shamir
2010 DDP Team: Abdelbasset Al Megrahi, Billy Graham, Clifton James, Rita Levi Montalcini, Bryant Gumbel, Ruth Bader Ginsburg, Ariel Sharon, Margaret Thatcher, Sir Norman Wisdom, Ronnie Biggs, Sir Cyril Smith, Bhumibol Adulyadej, Zsa Zsa Gabor, Ronnie James Dio, Patriarch Maxim of Bulgaria, Oscar Niemeyer, Johnny Hallyday, Jan Wilson, Sargent Shriver, Jose Alencar
2011 DDP Team: Abdelbaset Al Megrahi, Ronnie Biggs, Ray Bradbury, Claude Choules, Michael Douglas, Aretha Franklin, Zsa Zsa Gabor, Billy Graham, Christopher Hitchens, Audrey Lawson-Johnston, Rita Levi Montalcini, Tom Lubbock, Patriarch Maxim of Bulgaria, Dom Mintoff, Oscar Niemeyer, Frederica Sagor Maas, Angela Scoular, Ariel Sharon, Sargent Shriver, Margaret Thatcher
2012 DDP Team: Couldn't be bothered...
2013 DDP Team: Patty Andrews, Ronnie Biggs, Jo Bryant, George H. W. Bush, Hugo Chavez, Katherine Crowe, Bonnie Franklin, Annette Funicello, Zsa Zsa Gabor, Joao Havelange, Guy Innes-Ker, Clive James, Wojciech Jaruzelski, Nelson Mandela, David McLetchie, Rochus Misch, Reg Presley, Ray Price, Gough Whitlam, Anne Williams
2014 DDP Team: George H. W. Bush, Katherine Crowe, Clarissa Eden, Zsa Zsa Gabor, Gordon Goody, Billy Graham, Superstar Billy Graham, Valerie Harper, Joao Havelange, Guy Innes-Ker, Clive James, Wojciech Jaruzelski, Wilko Johnson, John McVie, Nancy Reagan, Michael Schumacher, Ariel Sharon, Sam Simon, Gough Whitlam, Sir Nicholas Winton

#15 harrymcnallysblueandwhitearmy

It's God shit!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,565 posts

Posted 13 June 2009 - 07:52 AM

Starring in one of 'Arry's dreams, a place on the DL and now a (k)nighthood - it's been quite a year for the Dark Lord.

why, you little...

#16 last rights

Pointless Ranter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 June 2009 - 11:29 AM

I doubt mr lee will be going into his coffin for sometme yet :o

#17 Abysmal Granite

Hatchet man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 26 June 2009 - 11:27 AM

I got slightly excited when the news headed their report with "The actor Christopher Lee..." only to be told he had received a knighthood.

#18 jumpinjackflash22

Hatchet man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 04 July 2009 - 11:01 AM

Sir Christopher can't die.
He's awesome.
Will he be in the Hobbit?
I can't remember if Saruman is in it or not..
I know Ian Kckellan is back in it..
--My List for 2010---
Robert Mugabe, Fidel Castro, Liz Dawn, Peter Tatchell, Muhammed Ali, Maggie Thatcher, Alex Higgins, Keith Richards, Andy Fordham, Liz Taylor, Ronnie James Dio, Ronnie Biggs, Colonal Gaddaffi, Bruce Forsythe, Nelson Mandela, Dame Vera Lynn, Jerry Lewis, Stephen Hawking, Brian Wilson, B.B King, Fats Domino, Sir Christopher Lee, Frank Thornton, Ian Brady, Ronnie Wood, Ethel Kennedy, Betty Ford, Nancy Reagen, Bobby "The Brain" Heenan, Arn Anderson, Lord Richard Attenborough, Michael Foot, Lucien Freud, Peter Sellis, Clive Dunn, Trevor Bannister, Billy Graham, William Shatner, Mr. T, Charlie Watts, Norma Wisdom, Kim-Jong II, Kirk Douglas, JD Salinger, Dennis Hopper, Arnold Swarzanegger, Amy Winehouse, Courtney Love, Kate Moss, Abdelbaset Ali Mohmed Al Megrahi.

#19 Terminator

Post-Twunt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,051 posts

Posted 05 October 2009 - 02:29 PM

Christopher Lee sings
Ad tabernam festino

#20 Guest_John Wood_*

• Guests

Posted 01 November 2009 - 09:48 PM

View PostAbysmal Granite, on Jun 26 2009, 11:27 AM, said:

I got slightly excited when the news headed their report with "The actor Christopher Lee..." only to be told he had received a knighthood.

Usually when you get a knighthood the end is in sight.

Reply to this topic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users