Sign in to follow this  
Guest Theo

Gloria Stuart

Guest Theo

Getting on...

Guest Mike Hunt

the old lady from the titanic is still alive, i think she should be on your list for next year or the following years

I think the old lady should be on the "Titanic Survivors" thread, and I don't believe that's your real name Mike. You've seen Porky's haven't you?

Guest Mike Hunt
I think the old lady should be on the "Titanic Survivors" thread, and I don't believe that's your real name Mike. You've seen Porky's haven't you?

yes this is my real name, and gloria stuart was not on the titanic, she was the old lady in the movie havent you seen titanic? were you born after 1997???

yes this is my real name, and gloria stuart was not on the titanic, she was the old lady in the movie havent you seen titanic? were you born after 1997???

I haven't seen Titanic, is it compulsary?

ps. If you press the shift key at the same time as a letter on your keyboard it produces a capital letter on the screen. It's jolly clever, and makes ones posts more readable.

Misplaced apostrophes and the current fad of using lower case for proper names really winds me up!

I don't think you will get into trouble for not having seen Titanic, but there may be a black mark on its way to you for careless spelling.

Misplaced apostrophes and the current fad of using lower case for proper names really winds me up!

Feeling a bit under the weather this morning, are we?

Pots and kettles Mr J. Pots and kettles.

:D

Edited by Notapotato

Damn! :D

So, to recap, Gloria Stuart was not on the Titanic; she was in "Titanic." I know who you mean now, yes I have seen the film but I didn't know the old lady's name.

And I apologise for doubting your name Mike, but you may know the scene I'm referring to.

ps. If you press the shift key at the same time as a letter on your keyboard it produces a capital letter on the screen. It's jolly clever, and makes ones posts more readable.

Please ignore this...similar comments to what I had posted have already been made above. :D

Guest Mike Hunt
So, to recap, Gloria Stuart was not on the Titanic; she was in "Titanic." I know who you mean now, yes I have seen the film but I didn't know the old lady's name.

And I apologise for doubting your name Mike, but you may know the scene I'm referring to.

she was born in 1910 and was a leading actress in the 30s

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gloria_Stuart

Gloria Stuart still active

(small mention under the Space sub-heading.)

Hmm.. seems like another bad DDP choice. ;) I hadn't heard anything for ages, so that's why she was on this year.

Mods:

Whilst searching, I found another thread with the same title, but no replies - probably doesn't need a clean-up but if one of you likes things just so, then there's something to do! :ghost:

[Threads merged - ff]

Edited by football_fan

Why is everyone going on about the brief role she played in Titanic?

I always thought she was best in "The Invisible Man" where she co-starred with Claude Raines

I always thought she was best in "The Invisible Man" where she co-starred with Claude Raines

I think simply as it was more recent & seen by more people.

To put in another context, if you said to the average person on the street "What do you think of Claude Raines?", they'll look at you as if you've just farted in their face.

Say to them, "do you remember the old bat in the film Titanic?", they will be more likely to remember....

I think simply as it was more recent & seen by more people.

To put in another context, if you said to the average person on the street "What do you think of Claude Raines?", they'll look at you as if you've just farted in their face.

Say to them, "do you remember the old bat in the film Titanic?", they will be more likely to remember....

OoO,

I understand how you mean, to be honest I've seen Titanic (had to take the gf to see it) and didn't even know it was Gloria Stuart. ;)

OoO,

I understand how you mean, to be honest I've seen Titanic (had to take the gf to see it) and didn't even know it was Gloria Stuart. :blink:

I wonder how many men use that disclaimer every time they mention Titanic? :huh:

The other officially acceptable remark is, I believe, to say 'Rubbish film of course, I just watched it to see if the special effects were any good, and to watch Leonardo go to his icy demise' or something along those lines.

All about as convincing as when I saw E.T. with my older brother and he started crying at the end because his leg was 'really hurting'..... ;)

ps I've seen Titanic too, I have no excuse. :ghost:

OoO,

I understand how you mean, to be honest I've seen Titanic (had to take the gf to see it) and didn't even know it was Gloria Stuart. :blink:

I wonder how many men use that disclaimer every time they mention Titanic? :huh:

The other officially acceptable remark is, I believe, to say 'Rubbish film of course, I just watched it to see if the special effects were any good, and to watch Leonardo go to his icy demise' or something along those lines.

All about as convincing as when I saw E.T. with my older brother and he started crying at the end because his leg was 'really hurting'..... ;)

ps I've seen Titanic too, I have no excuse. :ghost:

It wasn't by choice to see the movie. I can't abide long movies especially when they're hyped up as much as Titanic was.

I did fall asleep at one point and woke up to ask if the boat had sunk yet :huh:

good job it wasn't a first date or she might have been offended

Not really my kind of film but I have seen it. I was at a friend's house and the film was dubbed into Russian, with one very bored sounding Russian guy doing all the voices. I just remember having an argument with my friend about whether Gloria Stuart's character died at the end

Not really my kind of film but I have seen it. I was at a friend's house and the film was dubbed into Russian, with one very bored sounding Russian guy doing all the voices. I just remember having an argument with my friend about whether Gloria Stuart's character died at the end

One Russian guy....doing all the voices in the movie....did he atleast try to sound feminine for the womens' lines?

I didn't see the movie for years, but in order to help get into a woman's shorts, I gave in and endured the length of the film.

When Titanic came out, I would tell people that I could tell them what happens in the movie. People would excitedly ask "oh really, what happens?" like some of them were on pins and needles, wanting to hear some romantic story. "The F'in boat sinks! Duh!"

One Russian guy....doing all the voices in the movie....did he atleast try to sound feminine for the womens' lines?

I didn't see the movie for years, but in order to help get into a woman's shorts, I gave in and endured the length of the film.

No it was just one bored sounding guy doing te same voice for all the characters, it was dull but it gave it a surreal edge. I've never seen it since so I don't know if enhanced the film or not. So was the woman worth it then?

OoO,

I understand how you mean, to be honest I've seen Titanic (had to take the gf to see it) and didn't even know it was Gloria Stuart. :D

I wonder how many men use that disclaimer every time they mention Titanic? ;)

All about as convincing as when I saw E.T. with my older brother and he started crying at the end because his leg was 'really hurting'..... :)

ps I've seen Titanic too, I have no excuse. :D

Proud to say that I've never seen Titanic! :D

You missed one excuse though - to see Kate Winslet's boobies. That one's for people who haven't discovered the joys of downloading clips off the internet just yet... :D I will admit that I have seen that part of the movie, although I swear it's the only scene.

No it was just one bored sounding guy doing te same voice for all the characters, it was dull but it gave it a surreal edge. I've never seen it since so I don't know if enhanced the film or not. So was the woman worth it then?

That would be kinda creepy, hearing the same voice throughout the movie. I think the movie would be hilarious if every voice was dubbed by Droopy Dog.

She was worth it...my mistake in breaking up with her though, but that was college.

ps I've seen Titanic too, I have no excuse. :)

Proud to say that I've never seen Titanic! :D

I have never been able to sit through that movie. I tried to watch it a few times, but gave up after a few minutes each time.

I am sorry if this is already posted (which it probably is) but she's gone.

How weird! TBS just reran that movie like 10 times in the past few days. And the thought of the final scene where Rose dies and returns to the ship has been lingering in my mind lately. And I was right about my superstitious DDP pick! She played 100 year-old Rose in Titanic and she dies at 100. :)