- - - - -

Abdelbaset Al-Megrahi "Bomber" about to pull the final pin!

dead

371 replies to this topic

#21 themaninblack

Pun Plunderer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,172 posts

Posted 16 November 2008 - 09:31 AM

View PostThe Miser, on Nov 16 2008, 05:25 AM, said:

View Postthemaninblack, on Nov 14 2008, 12:45 PM, said:

View PostCowboy Ronnie, on Nov 14 2008, 01:14 PM, said:

View PostDevonDeathTrip, on Nov 14 2008, 12:45 PM, said:

Bail denied.

"While the disease from which the appellant suffers is incurable and may cause his death, he is not at present suffering material pain or disability....He added that there appeared to be no immediate prospect of serious deterioration in his condition.....If he responds well to the course of palliative treatment which he has now started, his life expectancy may be in years," said Lord Hamilton.

Good. Given some of the victims may have been alive for some time following Pan Am 103's explosion, when they finally decide he's on death's doorstep he should be strapped to a seat and pushed out of a plane from 30,000 feet. That would end the cancer.

Unless he didn't do it, in which case he should be released immediately. But if Qaddafi said he's guilty, it must be true.

He didn't.. He's a patsy. Funny that his life expectancy has increased following his refused bail though... :lol:

Him and Manson family "Mom" Susan Atkins are must haves. Forget Jack K. and Ronnie B. for old criminals. Take the new gimmees.

Ted K you mean...:)

I'm not so sure Miser. There's quite a few jailbirds who are pleading the 'I'm dying, honestly' schtick: Biggs, Bevel, al-Megrahi, Atkins, Fujimori...
Like those African dictators that all very ill apparently, yet still hang to life and, coinidentially, to power too... :angry:
"I must have killed more men than Cecil B. DeMille."

Gene Wilder as "the Waco Kid", Blazing Saddles (1974)

#22 Banshees Scream

Dwarf tosser

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,429 posts

Posted 18 November 2008 - 08:27 PM

There's quite a few jailbirds who are pleading the 'I'm dying, honestly' schtick: Biggs, Bevel, al-Megrahi, Atkins, Fujimori...
Like those African dictators that all very ill apparently, yet still hang to life and, coinidentially, to power too... :D
Let's remember that this Abdelbaset Al-megrahi has the same disease which led to Eddie Thompson's long anticipated demise. How many years did it take Thompson again? Is the risk worth the profit? I'm undecided.

I won't be listing Ronnie Biggs but Bevel and Atkins on the other hand are lucky to see New Years. Fujimori's diagnosis is very different then the condition which is consuming Patrick Swayze. I won't be listing Fujimori but Riad Seif or Ieng Sary will be evaluated.

#23 Guest_Niall Wallace_*

• Guests

Posted 01 January 2009 - 07:21 PM

View PostBanshees Scream, on Nov 18 2008, 08:27 PM, said:

Let's remember that this Abdelbaset Al-megrahi has the same disease which led to Eddie Thompson's long anticipated demise. How many years did it take Thompson again? Is the risk worth the profit? I'm undecided.

Thompson's visibility in the media and on match days made it quite easy to know what stage he was at in treatment.
Ok, so I do know a few people working in Cancer research who spotted him starting to "Puff" out which is a side effect of the drug used once cure is absolutely impossible and the only concern is keeping as good as quality of life as is possible until the inevitable occurred.

When he was wheelchair bound he would sit in the first aiders dug out with his family, this stopped happening about 4 weeks before his death was announced.

Only inmates at Greenock and those at what ever hospital is treating him are likely to have clues at that level for Megrahi.

#24 Windsor

LFN Hunter

• Members
  • 6,310 posts

Posted 02 March 2009 - 12:48 AM

We seem to have missed this recent article concerning his health.
Sounds like he is not doing so well, but then it could all be lies.

I am somewhat regretting putting him down as my DDP joker. I think we can never be sure of how ill he actually is.
Shadow List 2014.

Wilko Johnson, Muhammed Ali, Helen Fawkes, David Norris, Flora Fraser, Stephen Lewis, Jim Bowen, John Bardon, Albert Reynolds, Rev Billy Graham, Daisy Berkowitz, Wojciech Jaeuzelski, Clive James, Robert Mugabe, George H. W. Bush, Leslie Phillips, Zsa Zsa Gabor, Stephen Hawking, Nancy Reagan, Jeremy Thorpe, Cardinal Keith O'Brien, Tariq Aziz, Murray Walker, Stuart Hall, Luise Rainer, Liz Dawn, Bob Dole, Edgar Ray Killen, Prince Philip, Paul O'Grady, Arthur Scargill, Jalal Talabani, Iain Paisley, Mikhail Gorbachez, Sean Connery, Jimmy Greaves, Sir Nicholas Winton, Sam Simon, Derek Fowlds, Pope Benedict XVI, Richard Attenborough, Harlan Ellison, Fidel Castro, Valerie Harper, Saif al-Isam Megrahi, Queen Fabiola, Ariel Sharon, Liz Smith, Bruce Forsyth, Fred Phelps.

2009: 13/50, 2010: 10/50, 2011: 9/50, 2012: 15/50, 2013:16/50, 2014: 7/50 Winner of the 2010 Dustpool.

#25 maryportfuncity

Dedicated Cumbrian Corpse Hound, or summat

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,110 posts

Posted 02 March 2009 - 09:28 AM

You've got almost ten whole months to cash in that joker Windsor......I doubt you'll be regretting it after that time. He was an easy invite to my Carkers Convention on the DDP. Still glad I included him. In theory he could live beyond this year but he seems to have that same psychological ability as Jade Goody to drag himself down.

She claimed that her husband "haemorrhaged several times recently."

"His body is not reacting any more to medication because of his bad psychological condition, according to a report by his doctor,"

Posted Image

Maryport is a disappointment for which there is no cure, but the annual Deathrace thread hereabouts provides welcome distraction.

#26 GRAVE DIGGER

Morbid interest

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 22 March 2009 - 05:06 AM

HE MAY NOT BE DEAD YET, BUT, IM SURE HE WISHES HE WAS, THEM PRISONERS LIKE A NICE ASIAN BOY, I BET HE IS IN CHARGE OF PICKING UP THE SOAP IN THE SHOWER ROOM, AND HAS AN ARSE LIKE A CLOWNS POCKETT.

WHERE IS HIS GOD TO HELP HIM NOW

LONG MAY HIS SUFFERING CONTINUE

#27 Ulitzer95

Shipman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 482 posts

Posted 22 March 2009 - 10:06 AM

View PostGRAVE DIGGER, on Mar 22 2009, 05:06 AM, said:

HE MAY NOT BE DEAD YET, BUT, IM SURE HE WISHES HE WAS, THEM PRISONERS LIKE A NICE ASIAN BOY, I BET HE IS IN CHARGE OF PICKING UP THE SOAP IN THE SHOWER ROOM, AND HAS AN ARSE LIKE A CLOWNS POCKETT.

To be honest Grave Digger, he should be released. There is inconclusive evidence that he was guilty and most people have doubts to whether he actually did it. Another Sean Hodgson really - i.e. a fine example of the government shoving someone into prison because they don't have any pointers to the person who actually did it.

And unlike Jade, he isn't an attention mongering whore - he didn't put himself in the spotlight and I doubt he wants to be in it to be honest.... we shouldn't really be cursing him and asking for his suffering to continue
2009 DDP Team: Abdelbasset Al Megrahi, Billy Graham, Sir Bobby Robson, Bert Hazell, Ariel Sharon, Clifton James, Elizabeth Dawn, Jenny Wood-Allen, Jade Goody, Margaret Thatcher, Mohammad Naseem, Sir Norman Wisdom, Oral Roberts, Patriarch Pavle of Serbia, Patrick Swayze, Rita Levi Montalcini, Sree Sree Shivakumara Swamiji, Ted Kennedy, Wendy Richard, Yitzhak Shamir
2010 DDP Team: Abdelbasset Al Megrahi, Billy Graham, Clifton James, Rita Levi Montalcini, Bryant Gumbel, Ruth Bader Ginsburg, Ariel Sharon, Margaret Thatcher, Sir Norman Wisdom, Ronnie Biggs, Sir Cyril Smith, Bhumibol Adulyadej, Zsa Zsa Gabor, Ronnie James Dio, Patriarch Maxim of Bulgaria, Oscar Niemeyer, Johnny Hallyday, Jan Wilson, Sargent Shriver, Jose Alencar
2011 DDP Team: Abdelbaset Al Megrahi, Ronnie Biggs, Ray Bradbury, Claude Choules, Michael Douglas, Aretha Franklin, Zsa Zsa Gabor, Billy Graham, Christopher Hitchens, Audrey Lawson-Johnston, Rita Levi Montalcini, Tom Lubbock, Patriarch Maxim of Bulgaria, Dom Mintoff, Oscar Niemeyer, Frederica Sagor Maas, Angela Scoular, Ariel Sharon, Sargent Shriver, Margaret Thatcher
2012 DDP Team: Couldn't be bothered...
2013 DDP Team: Patty Andrews, Ronnie Biggs, Jo Bryant, George H. W. Bush, Hugo Chavez, Katherine Crowe, Bonnie Franklin, Annette Funicello, Zsa Zsa Gabor, Joao Havelange, Guy Innes-Ker, Clive James, Wojciech Jaruzelski, Nelson Mandela, David McLetchie, Rochus Misch, Reg Presley, Ray Price, Gough Whitlam, Anne Williams
2014 DDP Team: George H. W. Bush, Katherine Crowe, Clarissa Eden, Zsa Zsa Gabor, Gordon Goody, Billy Graham, Superstar Billy Graham, Valerie Harper, Joao Havelange, Guy Innes-Ker, Clive James, Wojciech Jaruzelski, Wilko Johnson, John McVie, Nancy Reagan, Michael Schumacher, Ariel Sharon, Sam Simon, Gough Whitlam, Sir Nicholas Winton

#28 Windsor

LFN Hunter

• Members
  • 6,310 posts

Posted 29 March 2009 - 07:18 PM

It was reported in the News of the World that he only has weeks to live.
The cancer has spead to his spine.
Shadow List 2014.

Wilko Johnson, Muhammed Ali, Helen Fawkes, David Norris, Flora Fraser, Stephen Lewis, Jim Bowen, John Bardon, Albert Reynolds, Rev Billy Graham, Daisy Berkowitz, Wojciech Jaeuzelski, Clive James, Robert Mugabe, George H. W. Bush, Leslie Phillips, Zsa Zsa Gabor, Stephen Hawking, Nancy Reagan, Jeremy Thorpe, Cardinal Keith O'Brien, Tariq Aziz, Murray Walker, Stuart Hall, Luise Rainer, Liz Dawn, Bob Dole, Edgar Ray Killen, Prince Philip, Paul O'Grady, Arthur Scargill, Jalal Talabani, Iain Paisley, Mikhail Gorbachez, Sean Connery, Jimmy Greaves, Sir Nicholas Winton, Sam Simon, Derek Fowlds, Pope Benedict XVI, Richard Attenborough, Harlan Ellison, Fidel Castro, Valerie Harper, Saif al-Isam Megrahi, Queen Fabiola, Ariel Sharon, Liz Smith, Bruce Forsyth, Fred Phelps.

2009: 13/50, 2010: 10/50, 2011: 9/50, 2012: 15/50, 2013:16/50, 2014: 7/50 Winner of the 2010 Dustpool.

#29 DevonDeathTrip

Tractor Eater

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,070 posts

Posted 29 March 2009 - 08:46 PM

View PostWindsor, on Mar 29 2009, 08:18 PM, said:

It was reported in the News of the World that he only has weeks to live.
The cancer has spead to his spine.

Just a word of caution, secondary spinal cancer by itself might not kill him that quickly. Fellow Glasgow resident and prostate cancer sufferer Edwin Morgan has had a tumour in his spine since 2003.

I'd say a better indication of when he might have weeks to live will be when he is released from prison. The Home Office still apply the three to six months to live rule when considering parole on medical grounds.
Sometimes when we see the eyes- those horrible times when we see the eyes,eyes that ... that have no soul - then we know a darkness.

#30 Windsor

LFN Hunter

• Members
  • 6,310 posts

Posted 31 March 2009 - 10:55 AM

This article is the closest I could get to on the issue.

The cancer has spread to his spine and pelvis...
Shadow List 2014.

#31 Guest_ted_*

• Guests

Posted 01 April 2009 - 08:32 AM

View Postted, on Apr 1 2009, 08:31 AM, said:

View PostGRAVE DIGGER, on Mar 22 2009, 05:06 AM, said:

Er hes not asian...

#32 Rotten Ali

Value for money

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,213 posts

Posted 02 April 2009 - 10:18 AM

I still don't think it's cut and dried that he commited the bombing - but he's sure the fall guy for the plot. 270 people died and their folks need to feel that justice is seen to be done. Its a cruel situation to be in prision till death but if the guy really did not do the crime then its equally cruel for him to be inside till the end. I say send him back to Libya, and not be bothered if they continue to jail him.
Yes Yes, Yes Yes... Yes (if only)
DL Shadow List: King Abdullah, Muhammad Ali, Sir Richard Attenborough, Tariq Aziz, Pope Benedict XVI, Tony Benn, Ian Brady, George HW Bush, Sid Caeser, Fidel Castro, George Cole, Katherine Crowe, Liz Dawn, Bob Dole, Kirk Douglas, Jean Claude Duvalier, Queen Fabiola of Belgium, Louis Farrakhan, Aretha Franklin, Zsa Zsa Gabor, James Garner, Ruth Bader Ginsburg, Mikhail Gorbachev, Billy Graham, King Harald V of Norway, Valerie Harper, Joao Havelange, Stephen Hawking, Jimmy Hill, Clive James, Yahya Jammeh, General Jaruzelski, Wilko Johnson, Casey Kasem, Stan Lee, Jerry Lee Lewis, Penny Marshall, T O N Mbasogo, Mary Tyler Moore, Hosni Mubarak, Ian Paisley, Nancy Reagan, Albert Reynolds, Ariel Sharon, Sam Simon, Jeremy Thorpe, Gough Whitlam, Lee Kuan Yew, Michael York & Jiang Zemin. 10/50

#33 The Miser

Executioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 695 posts

Posted 04 April 2009 - 02:50 AM

View PostRotten Ali, on Apr 2 2009, 06:18 AM, said:

I still don't think it's cut and dried that he commited the bombing - but he's sure the fall guy for the plot. Over 300 people died and their folks need to feel that justice is seen to be done. Its a cruel situation to be in prision till death but if the guy really did not do the crime then its equally cruel for him to be inside till the end. I say send him back to Libya, and not be bothered if they continue to jail him.

Having terminal cancer in Libya sounds wonderful.
2008 DDP: 15th place. 2009 DDP: 25th place. 2010 DDP: 12th place. 2011 DDP: 12th place; 2012 DDP: 6th place.

2013 DDP: 15th place.

DEATH be not proud, though some have called thee
Mighty and dreadfull, for, thou art not so,
For, those, whom thou think'st, thou dost overthrow,
Die not, poore death, nor yet canst thou kill me.

#34 Banshees Scream

Dwarf tosser

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,429 posts

Posted 06 April 2009 - 09:13 PM

Having terminal cancer in Libya sounds wonderful.
Not exactly music to my ears .. but I guess we all have a weird.

#35 Tomb raider

Executioner

• Members
  • 505 posts

Posted 20 April 2009 - 02:53 PM

Dutch newssources claim that Libya has asked for Al-Megrahi's extradition as he has 'only weeks' to live.

Confirmed by this, it says it was published on february 26, though google mentioned a release-date of 45 minutes ago.

I'm not too sure of Libya's credibility in matters like these, so let's wait for the British reaction to the plea. If the Biggs-case can be considered as a judicial precedent, things are looking grim for our oriental pyrotechnic friend (may Allah scorche his beard).
The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death.

I Corinthians 15:26

Winner of the Nederlandse Dead Pool 2010! (5 hits/25 picks, 92 points)!
DDP 2010: 4 hits/20 picks, 27 points =98th.

#36 The Miser

Executioner

• Members
  • 695 posts

Posted 22 April 2009 - 04:06 AM

He's going to die.

So why do feel bad? Because he spend his life trying to cure intorrance and hatred.

So why don't I? Even if he didn't do it...his hands are not clean.

I don't feel so bad
2008 DDP: 15th place. 2009 DDP: 25th place. 2010 DDP: 12th place. 2011 DDP: 12th place; 2012 DDP: 6th place.

2013 DDP: 15th place.

DEATH be not proud, though some have called thee
Mighty and dreadfull, for, thou art not so,
For, those, whom thou think'st, thou dost overthrow,
Die not, poore death, nor yet canst thou kill me.

#37 Windsor

LFN Hunter

• Members
  • 6,310 posts

Posted 22 April 2009 - 03:11 PM

I'll feel bad if he doesn't die.
He is my joker on the DDP. I don't regret choosing him now. :crossbone:
Shadow List 2014.

#38 Tears of A Clown

Morbid interest

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 15 July 2009 - 09:54 AM

Things have gone a bit quiet with AAM is he any closer to the gates of Hell?
Come on Ronnie and Abdel give up the ghost and pop your clogs.

#39 BrunoBrimley

I REALLY Need To Get A Life!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,330 posts

Posted 17 July 2009 - 12:46 PM

Twice I have selected him as my next hit. I hope he doesn't disappoint me.

According to news reports------------latest as of now----------he still has terminal cancer and wants to return to Libya which seems somewhat contingent upon how agreements go with the Lockerbie victim relatives who do not want him to be allowed to go. BBC today reports the relatives may demand a judicial review to stop him.

#40 TAFKAG

Twombly of Twimbledon Common

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,110 posts

Posted 12 August 2009 - 09:26 PM

'Compassionate grounds' releases are all the rage. I'm just guessing, but I expect this is the first time in DL history that the #1 and #2 picks have been released from prison on compassionate grounds in the same week.

~ O Sting, where is thy death? ~

Reply to this topic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users