- - - - -

Abdelbaset Al-Megrahi "Bomber" about to pull the final pin!

dead

371 replies to this topic

#1 Saint Peter

Bomber

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 248 posts

Posted 21 October 2008 - 07:55 AM

Here's one to watch for next year!!!

Looks as though he is having a little trouble down below, as the ladies would say!

Will he taste freedom before he makes his final journey???
All frogs croak...............eventually!!

#2 Windsor

LFN Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,288 posts

Posted 21 October 2008 - 08:41 AM

Its probably just a sob story to help his appeal along the way.

Still, he'd be on my DDP.
Shadow List 2014.

Wilko Johnson, Muhammed Ali, Helen Fawkes, David Norris, Flora Fraser, Stephen Lewis, Jim Bowen, John Bardon, Albert Reynolds, Rev Billy Graham, Daisy Berkowitz, Wojciech Jaeuzelski, Clive James, Robert Mugabe, George H. W. Bush, Leslie Phillips, Zsa Zsa Gabor, Stephen Hawking, Nancy Reagan, Jeremy Thorpe, Cardinal Keith O'Brien, Tariq Aziz, Murray Walker, Stuart Hall, Luise Rainer, Liz Dawn, Bob Dole, Edgar Ray Killen, Prince Philip, Paul O'Grady, Arthur Scargill, Jalal Talabani, Iain Paisley, Mikhail Gorbachez, Sean Connery, Jimmy Greaves, Sir Nicholas Winton, Sam Simon, Derek Fowlds, Pope Benedict XVI, Richard Attenborough, Harlan Ellison, Fidel Castro, Valerie Harper, Saif al-Isam Megrahi, Queen Fabiola, Ariel Sharon, Liz Smith, Bruce Forsyth, Fred Phelps.

2009: 13/50, 2010: 10/50, 2011: 9/50, 2012: 15/50, 2013:16/50, 2014: 2/50 Winner of the 2010 Dustpool.

#3 Anubis the Jackal

Twunt Master

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,114 posts

Posted 21 October 2008 - 08:41 AM

I've added quote marks to the subtitle of this thread. There's so little evidence that he actually planted or even knew about the bomb, and most of that has been discredited. See Paul Foot's long-ruuning campaign in Private Eye. The real Lockerbie bomber is either dead or living it up in Syria.
Pardon me but I got to run
The fact's uncommonly clear
I got to find who's now the number one
And why my angel eyes ain't here

Excuse me while I disappear

#4 Saint Peter

Bomber

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 248 posts

Posted 21 October 2008 - 08:44 AM

View PostAnubis the Jackal, on Oct 21 2008, 09:41 AM, said:

I've added quote marks to the subtitle of this thread. There's so little evidence that he actually planted or even knew about the bomb, and most of that has been discredited. See Paul Foot's long-ruuning campaign in Private Eye. The real Lockerbie bomber is either dead or living it up in Syria.

Cheers, thanks for pointing it out.

I don't some drive by Ranters lobbing one in !!! :)

#5 maryportfuncity

Dedicated Cumbrian Corpse Hound, or summat

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,661 posts

Posted 21 October 2008 - 02:22 PM

AOL report makes it obvious the cancer has already spread. Even his defence team are stating it would be unwise to predict how long he has left.

Some good ones falling into place for Jan 1st.
Posted Image

Maryport is a disappointment for which there is no cure, but the annual Deathrace thread hereabouts provides welcome distraction.

#6 The Unknown Man

Executioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 645 posts

Posted 21 October 2008 - 11:30 PM

I'll consider putting him on my DDP for next year. :lol:
2013 DDP: 8/20, Finished =46th
2013 Shadowlist: 19/50
2014 DDP: 1/20
2014 shadow list
Muhammad Ali, Bob Barker, Pope Benedict XVI, Ryan Buell, George H. W. Bush, Mary Carlisle, Fidel Castro, Olivia de Havilland, Fred DeLuca, Kirk Douglas, Roy Douglas, Lawrence Ferlinghetti, Rhonda Fleming, Zsa Zsa Gabor, George Gaynes, Ruth Bader Ginsburg, Billy Graham, Valerie Harper, Denis Healey, Theodore Hesburgh, Clive James, Wojciech Jaruzelski, Wilko Johnson, Helmut Kohl, Jack Kyle, Carla Laemmle, Vera Lynn, Penny Marshall, John McVie, Al Molinaro, Hosni Mubarak, Robert Mugabe, Yasuhiro Nakasone, Maureen O'Hara, Isabel Peron, Prince Philip, Luise Rainer, Nancy Reagan, Helmut Schmidt, Robert Schuller, Ariel Sharon, Sam Simon, Kay Starr, Randy Travis, Joost Van Der Westhuizen, Gough Whitlam, Nicholas Winton, Chuck Yeager, Jiang Zemin & Efrem Zimbalist, Jr.

Winner of the 2012 HPDP

#7 TAFKAG

Twombly of Twimbledon Common

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,101 posts

Posted 30 October 2008 - 08:26 PM

Megrahi applies for bail.

~ O Sting, where is thy death? ~

#8 maryportfuncity

• Members
  • 10,661 posts

Posted 31 October 2008 - 09:19 AM

It's looking more and more likely he'll see Jan 1st, most reports of the bail talk about the legal case and his illness but it's not being reported in Ronnie Biggs - let him out cos he's about to die - terms. He should see 2009, and a lot of deadpool lists.
Posted Image

Maryport is a disappointment for which there is no cure, but the annual Deathrace thread hereabouts provides welcome distraction.

#9 Cowboy Ronnie

I Need To Get A Life!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,994 posts

Posted 31 October 2008 - 10:58 AM

View PostWindsor, on Oct 21 2008, 08:41 AM, said:

Its probably just a sob story to help his appeal along the way.

Still, he'd be on my DDP.

Windsor's on to something here. He probably arranged for a visitor to bake a plutonium file into one of the cakes they brought him, so he'd catch cancer and be let out early.

#10 Saint Peter

Bomber

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 248 posts

Posted 31 October 2008 - 11:05 AM

Freedom is looking good for him.

Hopefully he will scrape into 2009 for an easy result for DL.

#11 Godot

In a minute

• Members
  • 3,860 posts

Posted 31 October 2008 - 11:20 AM

View PostSaint Peter, on Oct 31 2008, 11:05 AM, said:

Freedom is looking good for him.

Hopefully he will scrape into 2009 for an easy result for DL.
Prostate cancer is a rubbish indicator of anything unless it's advanced. If it's caught early enough the chances are you will die of something else. By no means a certainty for 2009.
Ring down the curtain, the farce is over

#12 Banshees Scream

Dwarf tosser

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,416 posts

Posted 31 October 2008 - 04:40 PM

This article indicates that Al-megrahi's cancer has spread to other parts of his body. Has his stock gone up Godot?

Speaking of terrorists, a Yitzhak Shamir-Haloween-extravaganza would definitely be a scream. :rolleyes:

#13 Godot

In a minute

• Members
  • 3,860 posts

Posted 31 October 2008 - 05:11 PM

View PostBanshees Scream, on Oct 31 2008, 04:40 PM, said:

This article indicates that Al-megrahi's cancer has spread to other parts of his body. Has his stock gone up Godot?

Talks have been held between Libyan and British officials over Abdelbaset Ali Mohmed al-Megrahi who is said by his lawyer to be so seriously ill that it would be "unwise" to predict his life expectancy.

His lawyer seems to be trying to warn against any "spread betting." Too late. Unless, of course, as Windsor has suggested, he is playing the previously successful Ernest Saunders gambit.
Ring down the curtain, the farce is over

#14 Saint Peter

Bomber

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 248 posts

Posted 06 November 2008 - 11:42 AM

He may sniff "freedom" on bail...

#15 DevonDeathTrip

Tractor Eater

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,070 posts

Posted 14 November 2008 - 12:45 PM

Bail denied.

"While the disease from which the appellant suffers is incurable and may cause his death, he is not at present suffering material pain or disability....He added that there appeared to be no immediate prospect of serious deterioration in his condition.....If he responds well to the course of palliative treatment which he has now started, his life expectancy may be in years," said Lord Hamilton.

Sometimes when we see the eyes- those horrible times when we see the eyes,eyes that ... that have no soul - then we know a darkness.

#16 Lady Grendel

Assassing

• Moderators
  • 1,867 posts

Posted 14 November 2008 - 01:05 PM

View PostDevonDeathTrip, on Nov 14 2008, 12:45 PM, said:

Bail denied.

"While the disease from which the appellant suffers is incurable and may cause his death, he is not at present suffering material pain or disability....He added that there appeared to be no immediate prospect of serious deterioration in his condition.....If he responds well to the course of palliative treatment which he has now started, his life expectancy may be in years," said Lord Hamilton.

That will be a relief to all the prisoners in Greenock Prison :rolleyes: .

"I wouldn't be surprised if they start holding candlelit vigils. The satellite TV is so important to them - it gives them something to look forward to."

#17 Cowboy Ronnie

I Need To Get A Life!

• Moderators
  • 1,994 posts

Posted 14 November 2008 - 01:14 PM

Bail denied.

Good. Given some of the victims may have been alive for some time following Pan Am 103's explosion, when they finally decide he's on death's doorstep he should be strapped to a seat and pushed out of a plane from 30,000 feet. That would end the cancer.

Unless he didn't do it, in which case he should be released immediately. But if Qaddafi said he's guilty, it must be true.

#18 maryportfuncity

• Members
  • 10,661 posts

Posted 14 November 2008 - 01:39 PM

Either way, the lack of bail will do nothing for his resolve to fight the cancer. I'm planning on cashing in big time on next year's DDP when he dies and I get the extra points for a unique pick and joker combined.......

Where's the button to delete posts?
Posted Image

#19 themaninblack

Pun Plunderer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,995 posts

Posted 14 November 2008 - 05:45 PM

View PostCowboy Ronnie, on Nov 14 2008, 01:14 PM, said:

Bail denied.

Good. Given some of the victims may have been alive for some time following Pan Am 103's explosion, when they finally decide he's on death's doorstep he should be strapped to a seat and pushed out of a plane from 30,000 feet. That would end the cancer.

Unless he didn't do it, in which case he should be released immediately. But if Qaddafi said he's guilty, it must be true.

He didn't.. He's a patsy. Funny that his life expectancy has increased following his refused bail though... :rolleyes:
"I must have killed more men than Cecil B. DeMille."

Gene Wilder as "the Waco Kid", Blazing Saddles (1974)

#20 The Miser

Executioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 687 posts

Posted 16 November 2008 - 05:25 AM

View Postthemaninblack, on Nov 14 2008, 12:45 PM, said:

View PostCowboy Ronnie, on Nov 14 2008, 01:14 PM, said:

Bail denied.

He didn't.. He's a patsy. Funny that his life expectancy has increased following his refused bail though... :lol:

Him and Manson family "Mom" Susan Atkins are must haves. Forget Jack K. and Ronnie B. for old criminals. Take the new gimmees.
2008 DDP: 15th place. 2009 DDP: 25th place. 2010 DDP: 12th place. 2011 DDP: 12th place; 2012 DDP: 6th place.

2013 DDP: 15th place.

DEATH be not proud, though some have called thee
Mighty and dreadfull, for, thou art not so,
For, those, whom thou think'st, thou dost overthrow,
Die not, poore death, nor yet canst thou kill me.

Reply to this topic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users