Bhumibol Adulyadej King of Thailand

32 replies to this topic

#1 Deathwatch Beetle

Pointless Ranter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 September 2008 - 10:56 AM

This fella is hanging by the skin of his teeth and has been for years, I doubt he will be included in next years list as most peeps don't know him but I live in Thailand and he can't last much longer he's got every illness under the sun. Please don't tell anyone my name or they will come for me in the middle of the night and ship me off to the Bangkok Hilton for etnerity!

#2 TAFKAG

Twombly of Twimbledon Common

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,101 posts

Posted 17 September 2008 - 11:47 AM

View PostDeathwatch Beetle, on Sep 17 2008, 11:56 AM, said:

This fella is hanging by the skin of his teeth and has been for years, I doubt he will be included in next years list as most peeps don't know him but I live in Thailand and he can't last much longer he's got every illness under the sun. Please don't tell anyone my name or they will come for me in the middle of the night and ship me off to the Bangkok Hilton for etnerity!
King Bumboil's famous enough for the DL and he's worthy of a thread, DWB2. It'd help if the thread wasn't called A New One for 2009, though - even those of us with good memories and searching abilities are unlikely to be able to find it.

Title changed - LG

Edited by Lady Grendel, 17 September 2008 - 02:42 PM.

~ O Sting, where is thy death? ~

#3 Youth in Asia

Shipman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 447 posts

Posted 18 September 2008 - 06:38 PM

View PostDeathwatch Beetle, on Sep 17 2008, 10:56 AM, said:

I've heard that walking down Sukhumvit with a big sign saying "The King is a paedophile" is a good way to start the evening in Bangkok. Well he must be taking pictures of something with that camera he's always holding.
"All the time, all the wasted time
All the years, waiting for a sign"

Barry Manilow 1978

2013 - 235th
2012 - 167th
2011 - 44th
2010 - 355th
2009 - 27th
2008 - 70th
2007 - 176th

ALLAH AKBAR ... closes eyes ... (bang)

#4 Anubis the Jackal

Twunt Master

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,114 posts

Posted 04 December 2008 - 11:17 AM

Old Bummy hits rock bottom...

Crown Prince Vajiralongkorn went on national radio to inform Thais that his father, King Bhumibol Adulyadej, was unable to deliver the speech "because he was a little sick."
Immediately afterward, his sister, Princess Sirindorn, addressed the nation to say the king was "eating fine" on Wednesday but has a "lot of phlegm."

Pardon me but I got to run
The fact's uncommonly clear
I got to find who's now the number one
And why my angel eyes ain't here

Excuse me while I disappear

#5 themaninblack

Pun Plunderer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,992 posts

Posted 04 December 2008 - 06:14 PM

View PostAnubis the Jackal, on Dec 4 2008, 11:17 AM, said:

Crown Prince Vajiralongkorn went on national radio to inform Thais that his father, King Bhumibol Adulyadej, was unable to deliver the speech "because he was a little sick."
Immediately afterward, his sister, Princess Sirindorn, addressed the nation to say the king was "eating fine" on Wednesday but has a "lot of phlegm."

Is that some kind of local delicacy? :unsure:
"I must have killed more men than Cecil B. DeMille."

Gene Wilder as "the Waco Kid", Blazing Saddles (1974)

#6 Monoclinic

Missing in Action

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,705 posts

Posted 04 December 2008 - 07:08 PM

View Postthemaninblack, on Dec 4 2008, 07:14 PM, said:

Yes, and thank-you for bringing up a nightmare I had managed to supress for over 20 years! The year was 1987, the place was somewhere in Thailand, the offending object a coconut flavoured (potentially) ice cream with what could only be described as fluorescent green snot topping. With the dropping cutlery technique into the lake below the pontoon already used up as a cunning tactic to avoid the main course (ok, not that cunning but in my defence I was 9), I had no other option but to swallow.

Banshees, I think I might be in need of the number of your therapist.

#7 Lard Bazaar

Bang! And the dirt is gone!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,236 posts

Posted 04 December 2008 - 07:12 PM

View PostMonoclinic, on Dec 4 2008, 07:08 PM, said:

View Postthemaninblack, on Dec 4 2008, 07:14 PM, said:

Yes, and thank-you for bringing up a nightmare I had managed to supress for over 20 years! The year was 1987, the place was somewhere in Thailand, the offending object a coconut flavoured (potentially) ice cream with what could only be described as fluorescent green snot topping. With the dropping cutlery technique into the lake below the pontoon already used up as a cunning tactic to avoid the main course (ok, not that cunning but in my defence I was 9), I had no other option but to swallow.
Banshees, I think I might be in need of the number of your therapist.

I bet you say that to all the boys :D I know I do.

#8 Banshees Scream

Dwarf tosser

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,416 posts

Posted 04 December 2008 - 07:24 PM

I'm not involved with the therapist anymore but it was an experience for the time being. The first two or three conversations explored how I visioned the world and what my goals were. After that, I began discussing other patients and how to deal with them and so on. I eventually started to interview my therapist and that's when I knew I was finished. Anyway, it's very rejuvenating. You should try it! It's not what you think it is. .

On Bhumibol Adulyadej, I would consider him a decent gamble for DDP. I do think he is a little obscure for the big list.

#9 Youth in Asia

Shipman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 447 posts

Posted 05 December 2008 - 11:23 AM

I predict he'll be run over by a Boeing 737 while staging a sit-in protest at the new airport.

Barry Manilow 1978

2013 - 235th
2012 - 167th
2011 - 44th
2010 - 355th
2009 - 27th
2008 - 70th
2007 - 176th

#10 Guest_saudiroyalflush_*

• Guests

Posted 25 December 2008 - 02:14 AM

Obscure?

No more obscure than Suharto. This man is the longest-serving monarch in the world (61 years), and worth over $35bil, is the wealthiest monarch in the world. His death would devastate the country and its people. I'm not looking forward to it.

#11 Youth in Asia

Shipman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 447 posts

Posted 28 December 2008 - 01:24 PM

View PostBanshees Scream, on Dec 4 2008, 07:24 PM, said:

I'm not involved with the therapist anymore but it was an experience for the time being. The first two or three conversations explored how I visioned the world and what my goals were. After that, I began discussing other patients and how to deal with them and so on. I eventually started to interview my therapist and that's when I knew I was finished. Anyway, it's very rejuvenating. You should try it! It's not what you think it is. .

On Bhumibol Adulyadej, I would consider him a decent gamble for DDP. I do think he is a little obscure for the big list.

I would suggest he's slightly less obscure than Ruby Mohammed.

Although, granted, very few people asked at random would be able to say what his name is, other than "King".

Barry Manilow 1978

2013 - 235th
2012 - 167th
2011 - 44th
2010 - 355th
2009 - 27th
2008 - 70th
2007 - 176th

#12 TAFKAG

• Members
  • 1,101 posts

Posted 19 January 2009 - 11:30 AM

We'd better be careful what we say about Bumboy or we could be the next Simon Mann.

#13 DevonDeathTrip

Tractor Eater

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,070 posts

Posted 20 September 2009 - 01:51 PM

His Majesty is in hospital suffering from "fever and fatigue."
Sometimes when we see the eyes- those horrible times when we see the eyes,eyes that ... that have no soul - then we know a darkness.

#14 maryportfuncity

Dedicated Cumbrian Corpse Hound, or summat

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,656 posts

Posted 20 September 2009 - 02:14 PM

View PostDevonDeathTrip, on Sep 20 2009, 02:51 PM, said:

Great news, his majesty is also on my DDP team suffering from a surfiet of being alive.
Posted Image

Maryport is a disappointment for which there is no cure, but the annual Deathrace thread hereabouts provides welcome distraction.

#15 Windsor

LFN Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,288 posts

Posted 20 September 2009 - 07:21 PM

View Postmaryportfuncity, on Sep 20 2009, 03:14 PM, said:

View PostDevonDeathTrip, on Sep 20 2009, 02:51 PM, said:

Great news, his majesty is also on my DDP team suffering from a surfiet of being alive.

Good news for the Queen as well. If this bugger dies she becomes the longest reigning living (proper) monarch in the world.
It will probably be good for the people of Thailand too.
Shadow List 2014.

Wilko Johnson, Muhammed Ali, Helen Fawkes, David Norris, Flora Fraser, Stephen Lewis, Jim Bowen, John Bardon, Albert Reynolds, Rev Billy Graham, Daisy Berkowitz, Wojciech Jaeuzelski, Clive James, Robert Mugabe, George H. W. Bush, Leslie Phillips, Zsa Zsa Gabor, Stephen Hawking, Nancy Reagan, Jeremy Thorpe, Cardinal Keith O'Brien, Tariq Aziz, Murray Walker, Stuart Hall, Luise Rainer, Liz Dawn, Bob Dole, Edgar Ray Killen, Prince Philip, Paul O'Grady, Arthur Scargill, Jalal Talabani, Iain Paisley, Mikhail Gorbachez, Sean Connery, Jimmy Greaves, Sir Nicholas Winton, Sam Simon, Derek Fowlds, Pope Benedict XVI, Richard Attenborough, Harlan Ellison, Fidel Castro, Valerie Harper, Saif al-Isam Megrahi, Queen Fabiola, Ariel Sharon, Liz Smith, Bruce Forsyth, Fred Phelps.

2009: 13/50, 2010: 10/50, 2011: 9/50, 2012: 15/50, 2013:16/50, 2014: 2/50 Winner of the 2010 Dustpool.

#16 Windsor

LFN Hunter

• Members
  • 6,288 posts

Posted 25 September 2009 - 11:35 PM

The King has no fever and is now eating again...thats Thai for 'the King has recovered'.

Looks like the Queen will have to wait a bit longer before she overtakes Bhumibol. :banghead:

At least now she knows how Charles feels. :P
Shadow List 2014.

Wilko Johnson, Muhammed Ali, Helen Fawkes, David Norris, Flora Fraser, Stephen Lewis, Jim Bowen, John Bardon, Albert Reynolds, Rev Billy Graham, Daisy Berkowitz, Wojciech Jaeuzelski, Clive James, Robert Mugabe, George H. W. Bush, Leslie Phillips, Zsa Zsa Gabor, Stephen Hawking, Nancy Reagan, Jeremy Thorpe, Cardinal Keith O'Brien, Tariq Aziz, Murray Walker, Stuart Hall, Luise Rainer, Liz Dawn, Bob Dole, Edgar Ray Killen, Prince Philip, Paul O'Grady, Arthur Scargill, Jalal Talabani, Iain Paisley, Mikhail Gorbachez, Sean Connery, Jimmy Greaves, Sir Nicholas Winton, Sam Simon, Derek Fowlds, Pope Benedict XVI, Richard Attenborough, Harlan Ellison, Fidel Castro, Valerie Harper, Saif al-Isam Megrahi, Queen Fabiola, Ariel Sharon, Liz Smith, Bruce Forsyth, Fred Phelps.

2009: 13/50, 2010: 10/50, 2011: 9/50, 2012: 15/50, 2013:16/50, 2014: 2/50 Winner of the 2010 Dustpool.

#17 TAFKAG

• Members
  • 1,101 posts

Posted 02 November 2009 - 01:02 AM

This thread could damage your health. Hopefully Deathwatch Beetle isn't Teeranun Wipuchanin or Katha Pajariyapong.

#18 Windsor

LFN Hunter

• Members
  • 6,288 posts

Posted 02 November 2009 - 11:57 AM

View PostTAFKAG, on Nov 2 2009, 01:02 AM, said:

This thread could damage your health. Hopefully Deathwatch Beetle isn't Teeranun Wipuchanin or Katha Pajariyapong.

Na - I think we are safe. The weedy little bastard is obvously faking it.
Shadow List 2014.

#19 Magere Hein

Film land, Homer!

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,526 posts

Posted 02 November 2009 - 01:01 PM

View PostTAFKAG, on Nov 2 2009, 02:02 AM, said:

An interesting sentence in that article:

One of them was charged with spreading false information through a computer that undermined national security.
I want one of those computers!

regards,
Hein
DDP 2014 team The Grey Horde:
King Abdullah of Saudi Arabia, Ayman al-Zawahiri, Lys Assia, Sister Wendy Beckett, Ryan Buell Posted Image,Jacques Chirac, Felix Dennis, Aretha Franklin, Ruth Bader Ginsburg, Marilyn Horne, Clive James, General Wojciech Jaruzelski, Wilko Johnson, Helmut Kohl, Joseph Kony, Misao Okawa, Bernie Madoff, Robert Mugabe, Julie Newmar, Michael Schumacher

DDP 2014 theme team Minions of Xuleneb:
King Albert II, Princess Beatrix, Prince Bernhard jr, Elco Brinkman, Corry Brokken, Dick Bruna, Raymond Ceulemans, Godfried Danneels, Piet de Jong, Mark Eyskens, Queen Fabiola Of Belgium Posted Image, Jan Janssen, Grand Duke Jean I of Luxembourg, Wubbo Ockels, Fernando Ricksen, Kees Rijvers, Wim Ruska, Toots Thielemans, Martinus J. G. Veltman, Geert Wilders

#20 Windsor

LFN Hunter

• Members
  • 6,288 posts

Posted 18 October 2010 - 02:05 PM

Bhumibol Adulyadej's Queen consort was hospitalised earlier this month due to a 'heart scare'.

Perhaps a joint Royal funeral is on the cards?
Shadow List 2014.

Reply to this topic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users