American Football Pigskin Picks & Passings

283 replies to this topic

#21 Lady Grendel

Assassing

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,876 posts

Posted 26 October 2007 - 02:32 PM

Fortunately for this guy, a basic knowledge of geography isn't required to play in the NFL.

#22 CarolAnn

What's the character limit?

• Members
  • 1,547 posts

Posted 26 October 2007 - 07:03 PM

View PostLady Grendel, on Oct 26 2007, 09:32 AM, said:

Fortunately for this guy, a basic knowledge of geography isn't required to play in the NFL.

All he has to do is shove people downfield and run them over. Anything else, even the ability to feed himself, is a bonus.
Whenever I feel blue, I start breathing again.

#23 Lord Fellatio Nelson

Post twunt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,112 posts

Posted 26 October 2007 - 07:28 PM

View PostCarolAnn, on Oct 26 2007, 08:03 PM, said:

View PostLady Grendel, on Oct 26 2007, 09:32 AM, said:

All he has to do is shove people downfield and run them over. Anything else, even the ability to feed himself, is a bonus.
Many moons ago we used to mock the Americans for being, well, thick.
Im sorry to say that our wonderful Education system is turning out Kids that can barely Read or Write and would be hard pressed to find their own Country on a map.
We laugh no more.
2014 Hartlepool Deadly Pool Team: The Wankers Arms PH
Candidates:
Olivia De Havilland
Carol Channing
Eli Wallach
Kirk Douglas
Jimmy Hill
Luise Ranier
Abe Vigoda
Paul Gascoigne
Clifton James
Sid Caesar

Subs: Maureen O'Hara and Christopher Lee

#24 Cowboy Ronnie

I Need To Get A Life!

• Moderators
  • 1,994 posts

Posted 27 October 2007 - 11:00 AM

View PostLady Grendel, on Oct 26 2007, 03:32 PM, said:

given the amount of non-English speaking Johnny Foreigners in London at the minute, maybe he's on to something....

#25 The Four Horsemen

Assassin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 984 posts

Posted 29 October 2007 - 08:01 PM

Well, I was in attendance at Wembley yesterday and I'm pleased to report that the popularity stakes were as follows:

1) Lewis Hamilton
2) Martin Johnson
3) The Miami Cheerleaders
4) The streaker
5) The Feeling
6) The Dolphins team
7) The Giants team
8) The military marching band at halftime
9) The Mexican Wave
10) John Terry

My personal favourite moment was John Terry getting simultaneously booed by 80,000 people, nicely juxtaposed between the huge cheers for Martin Johnson and Lewis Hamilton!
I think there was an American Football match in there somewhere as well......
It is surely better to be pissed off than pissed on

#26 Cowboy Ronnie

I Need To Get A Life!

• Moderators
  • 1,994 posts

Posted 30 October 2007 - 10:18 AM

View PostThe Four Horsemen, on Oct 29 2007, 08:01 PM, said:

Well, I was in attendance at Wembley yesterday and I'm pleased to report that the popularity stakes were as follows:

1) Lewis Hamilton
2) Martin Johnson
3) The Miami Cheerleaders
4) The streaker
5) The Feeling
6) The Dolphins team
7) The Giants team
8) The military marching band at halftime
9) The Mexican Wave
10) John Terry

My personal favourite moment was John Terry getting simultaneously booed by 80,000 people, nicely juxtaposed between the huge cheers for Martin Johnson and Lewis Hamilton!
I think there was an American Football match in there somewhere as well......

There is something of the Germany in 1939 mindset amongst a segment of English sports fans. Someone starts booing a visiting team's anthem, or starts up with "no surrender to the IRA", or "I'd rather be a Paki than a Turk", and 10,000 other morons chime in. OK, so Terry plays for Chelsea, arguably the least popular club for other football fans. But he's also the England captain and has for the most part played damn well for his country. He's at Wembley, where the England team play their home matches. What has he done to deserve that kind of treatment? And I'm not a Chelsea fan in a million years. Pretty f*****g sad behaviour. And this is not a dig, at all, at 4H, whose analysis of Sunday is 100% spot on, I was there too.

#27 deadsox

Executioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 686 posts

Posted 30 October 2007 - 06:12 PM

So how did all you Brits enjoy the game? Any interest in joining the NFL in the future?

#28 The Four Horsemen

Assassin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 984 posts

Posted 31 October 2007 - 08:47 PM

I'd be more than happy for the NFL to franchise out a team to us - they could call them the London Monarchs.....or maybe not.

I've never understood the whole booing of national anthems et al - didn't happen during the rugby world cup so I'm assuming it's just a football thing. I translated the booing for John Terry as a social comment on him bottling somebody in a night club and then getting let off because he's famous. However, I now understand that playing for Chelsea is much worse and he should be disembowelled immediately.
It is surely better to be pissed off than pissed on

#29 football_fan

I have no life

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,617 posts

Posted 05 November 2007 - 02:36 AM

View Postdeadsox, on Oct 15 2007, 06:12 PM, said:

View Postfootball_fan, on Oct 15 2007, 05:34 AM, said:

View Postdeadsox, on Oct 14 2007, 08:24 PM, said:

The New England Patriots win again defeating a previously undefeated Dallas 48-37 to go to 6-0. Can anyone stop this team?
Indianapolis has the best chance. Both teams will play each other at the RCA Dome in Indianapolis on Nov 4th.

I quite agree, ff. We're looking forward to that game. A win for New England will probably mean a bye and home field advantage throughout the playoffs.
Bugger, Indianapolis lost at home!

Final score, New England 24, Indianapolis 20
"A jury consists of twelve people who determine which client has the better lawyer".
- Robert Frost

#30 Cowboy Ronnie

I Need To Get A Life!

• Moderators
  • 1,994 posts

Posted 05 November 2007 - 10:04 AM

View Postfootball_fan, on Nov 5 2007, 02:36 AM, said:

View Postdeadsox, on Oct 15 2007, 06:12 PM, said:

View Postfootball_fan, on Oct 15 2007, 05:34 AM, said:

View Postdeadsox, on Oct 14 2007, 08:24 PM, said:

The New England Patriots win again defeating a previously undefeated Dallas 48-37 to go to 6-0. Can anyone stop this team?
Indianapolis has the best chance. Both teams will play each other at the RCA Dome in Indianapolis on Nov 4th.

I quite agree, ff. We're looking forward to that game. A win for New England will probably mean a bye and home field advantage throughout the playoffs.
Bugger, Indianapolis lost at home!

Final score, New England 24, Indianapolis 20

Now that would have been a good game for the NFL to bring over to London. Tom Brady is having one heck of a year, on and off the field.

Posted Image

#31 Rotten Ali

Value for money

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 05 November 2007 - 08:22 PM

View Postdeadsox, on Oct 30 2007, 06:12 PM, said:

So how did all you Brits enjoy the game? Any interest in joining the NFL in the future?

Sure did thanks very much. Likewise, as a Cowboys fan, I would like to see the NFL expand a bit but not so much as it downgrades the games at all. I think "if we could have sold this 90,000 seater game 8 times over" then we would have a valid go at having our own new team or one of those current franchises out for lick of paint who are not able to make playing in the US pay as much as moving here. Such as the Jets, Jaguars or Ravens would also be logical fits.
Yes yes yes yes yes... yes yes yes yes, no!
Trevor Peacock as Jim Trott in the Vicar of Dibley.
DL Shadow List: King Abdullah, Muhammad Ali, Sir Richard Attenborough, Tariq Aziz, Pope Benedict XVI, Tony Benn, Ian Brady, George HW Bush, Sid Caeser, Fidel Castro, George Cole, Katherine Crowe, Liz Dawn, Bob Dole, Kirk Douglas, Jean Claude Duvalier, Queen Fabiola of Belgium, Louis Farrakhan, Aretha Franklin, Zsa Zsa Gabor, James Garner, Ruth Bader Ginsburg, Mikhail Gorbachev, Billy Graham, King Harald V of Norway, Valerie Harper, Joao Havelange, Stephen Hawking, Jimmy Hill, Clive James, Yahya Jammeh, General Jaruzelski, Wilko Johnson, Casey Kasem, Stan Lee, Jerry Lee Lewis, Penny Marshall, T O N Mbasogo, Mary Tyler Moore, Hosni Mubarak, Ian Paisley, Nancy Reagan, Albert Reynolds, Ariel Sharon, Sam Simon, Jeremy Thorpe, Gough Whitlam, Lee Kuan Yew, Michael York & Jiang Zemin. 10/50

#32 deadsox

Executioner

• Members
  • 686 posts

Posted 07 November 2007 - 12:47 AM

With the New England Patriots' 24-20 win over Indianapolis, there is little doubt about the identity of football's best team.

#33 deadsox

Executioner

• Members
  • 686 posts

Posted 22 November 2007 - 05:22 PM

Happy Thanksgiving to all the Yanks and all those who are thankful for their blessings. Have fun watching football and don't eat too much! (Oh, what the hell, eat all you want).

#34 Cowboy Ronnie

I Need To Get A Life!

• Moderators
  • 1,994 posts

Posted 22 November 2007 - 06:49 PM

View Postdeadsox, on Nov 22 2007, 05:22 PM, said:

Happy Thanksgiving to all the Yanks and all those who are thankful for their blessings. Have fun watching football and don't eat too much! (Oh, what the hell, eat all you want).
and may the good Lord bring the Packers a victory against the puny Lions.

#35 Guest_Don Majkowski_*

• Guests

Posted 22 November 2007 - 08:58 PM

View PostCowboy Ronnie, on Nov 22 2007, 06:49 PM, said:

Yea and verily did the good Lord provide victory as Brett and his merry men had their wicked way with the lowly Detroit infidels. And thus the Lord did declaim "bring on them Cowboys".

Praise be and hallelujah. Amen.

#36 deadsox

Executioner

• Members
  • 686 posts

Posted 01 December 2007 - 10:50 PM

View PostDon Majkowski, on Nov 22 2007, 08:58 PM, said:

View PostCowboy Ronnie, on Nov 22 2007, 06:49 PM, said:

Yea and verily did the good Lord provide victory as Brett and his merry men had their wicked way with the lowly Detroit infidels. And thus the Lord did declaim "bring on them Cowboys".

Praise be and hallelujah. Amen.

Yea but then did the Packers journey to Dallas and the lair of the Cowboys, and the Lord (through his agents the Cowboys) did smite the Packers and their chieftain Brett. So are the mighty rendered low, Praise the Lord.

#37 football_fan

I have no life

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,617 posts

Posted 30 December 2007 - 01:38 PM

View Postdeadsox, on Nov 6 2007, 07:47 PM, said:

With the New England Patriots' 24-20 win over Indianapolis, there is little doubt about the identity of football's best team.
Patriots complete perfect regular season

I was hoping that the Pats would lose yesterday, but they came back from being down 28-16 at the beginning of the 4th quarter to beat the NY Giants 38-35
"A jury consists of twelve people who determine which client has the better lawyer".
- Robert Frost

#38 Guest_ryan grant_*

• Guests

Posted 13 January 2008 - 12:56 AM

View Postfootball_fan, on Dec 30 2007, 01:38 PM, said:

View Postdeadsox, on Nov 6 2007, 07:47 PM, said:

Patriots complete perfect regular season

I was hoping that the Pats would lose yesterday, but they came back from being down 28-16 at the beginning of the 4th quarter to beat the NY Giants 38-35

it snowed. the packers won. god is in his heaven.

#39 Guest_Brett_*

• Guests

Posted 14 January 2008 - 01:09 AM

Well played Giants and welcome to Lambeau! Let it snow, let it snow let it snow...

#40 deadsox

Executioner

• Members
  • 686 posts

Posted 14 January 2008 - 01:26 AM

The Giants surprise the Cowboys (sorry CA) and the Chargers knock off the Colts. Quite a day of upsets. Green Bay and New England will host the conference finals to see who progresses to the Super Bowl.

Reply to this topic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users