dead

63 replies to this topic

#21 maryportfuncity

Dedicated Cumbrian Corpse Hound, or summat

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,647 posts

Posted 22 November 2005 - 12:50 PM

Humphrey Lyttleton (83, but still touring)

Forget him, he could easily see another 20 years. Though he did comment on one show that if they did too many tributes to recently deceased jazz musicians of his vintage they'd have no room for anything else!
Posted Image

Maryport is a disappointment for which there is no cure, but the annual Deathrace thread hereabouts provides welcome distraction.

#22 Canadian Paul

uber twunt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,132 posts

Posted 23 November 2005 - 02:51 AM

Rude Kid, on Jul 14 2004, 04:18 AM, said:

Mitch Miller (93)
So I just saw an episode of the Twilight Zone called "A Piano In The House," and I swore I thought I saw a youngish-looking Mitch Miller in it... doing my research, I found out that it was this guy instead:

http://www.geocities...arparty1/morse/

Too bad he's not famous enough, he's a dead ringer for Miller in his younger days.

And I still think Patti Andrews would be a good DL candidate. Siblings don't tend to live as long as she has past each other (at least when they die of something genetic). Hell, Robert and Laurence Tisch died on the same day, two years apart.

As for Mitch Miller himself, probably just another "old guy" consideration. Perhaps even less valuable, since I've heard he lives a fairly conservative lifestyle, so his body is probably as good as it gets for his age. ;)
Twunt Master Series (August 2007 - January 2008) (January 2008 - June 2008) (July 2008 - April 2009) (April 2009 - January 2010)

Uber Twunt Series (January 2010 - ?)

I still owe NAP

#23 Canadian Paul

uber twunt

• Members
  • 4,132 posts

Posted 25 March 2006 - 04:22 AM

I don't know how common a practice this is (it's probably more usual than I realize), but they've prepared a space for Patty Andrews on the Andrews' family grave.
Twunt Master Series (August 2007 - January 2008) (January 2008 - June 2008) (July 2008 - April 2009) (April 2009 - January 2010)

I still owe NAP

#24 Octopus of Odstock

Post twunt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,801 posts

Posted 25 March 2006 - 10:21 AM

CP, when I found the Biggs info the other day, I also found a bit about Patty Andrews. Only thing was it's a bit misleading, I think. It looks like, initially, an interview with her to mark her birthday but I actually think it's an old interview with an added message of happy birthday.
See what you think:
Patty Andrews Interview

#25 Canadian Paul

uber twunt

• Members
  • 4,132 posts

Posted 25 March 2006 - 11:41 PM

View PostOctopus of Odstock, on Mar 25 2006, 02:21 AM, said:

CP, when I found the Biggs info the other day, I also found a bit about Patty Andrews. Only thing was it's a bit misleading, I think. It looks like, initially, an interview with her to mark her birthday but I actually think it's an old interview with an added message of happy birthday.
See what you think:
Patty Andrews Interview

There's interviews on subsequent pages, which leads me to believe that the article is a composition of interviews with women of local music over, which is more or less the title of the overarching piece.

I would guess that it's an old interview with the birthday information tacked on (probably as a lead in to the whole piece). There's nothing I've heard, though, that would indicate she couldn't still be doing interviews, I just don't think she did in this case.

Interesting find though!

I still owe NAP

#26 Canadian Paul

uber twunt

• Members
  • 4,132 posts

Posted 13 March 2007 - 07:25 PM

Patty Andrews visited for her 89th birthday.

Seems to be doing pretty well for herself.

I still owe NAP

#27 USFuneralDirector

Sniper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 02 January 2011 - 04:10 PM

Well considering it's been almost 4 years since anyone has posted on this thread, does anyone know the state of Andrews' health and/or condition in 2011?

#28 Spade_Cooley

Rich Homie Quantick

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,662 posts

Posted 02 January 2011 - 04:50 PM

How DARE you foist this obscene "scam" on REAL Andrews Sisters fans.  You ought to be ashamed of yourself - the Andrews Sisters would NEVER have sung anything as overtly scatological as this!!!!

Dunno about her health, but apparently there are Andrews Sisters obsessives out there who get really angry on Youtube, so touch wood we should have some googlebaited nutjobs turning up in this thread.
"I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow

"Get back to task and participate, or you will come with us at the finale to dance, although there will be shocking deaths. Yoshi is coming for me." - Pikalin Soutdalany

#29 Spade_Cooley

Rich Homie Quantick

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,662 posts

Posted 16 February 2011 - 02:50 PM

Happy birthday woman who there will be absolutely no news about until the actual moment she dies.
"I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow

"Get back to task and participate, or you will come with us at the finale to dance, although there will be shocking deaths. Yoshi is coming for me." - Pikalin Soutdalany

#30 JR976evil

I Need To Get A Life!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,543 posts

Posted 16 February 2011 - 06:56 PM

View PostSpade_Cooley, on Feb 16 2011, 02:50 PM, said:

Happy birthday woman who there will be absolutely no news about until the actual moment she dies.

Might be if she falls very ill, Zsa Zsa and Liz Taylor among others are testament to that

#31 Guest_Guest_*

• Guests

Posted 01 April 2011 - 03:43 AM

I saw that she died on January 22, 2011.
:o

#32 I.R.Baboon

Hatchet man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 01 April 2011 - 06:08 AM

View PostJR976evil, on Feb 16 2011, 07:56 PM, said:

View PostSpade_Cooley, on Feb 16 2011, 02:50 PM, said:

Might be if she falls very ill, Zsa Zsa and Liz Taylor among others are testament to that
That would mainly depend on her husband (and he died last year).

#33 JR976evil

I Need To Get A Life!

• Members
  • 1,543 posts

Posted 01 April 2011 - 05:11 PM

View PostGuest, on Apr 1 2011, 04:43 AM, said:

They've kept that quiet, not even Wikipedia or her own official website knows about it!

#34 Windsor

LFN Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,288 posts

Posted 01 April 2011 - 05:18 PM

View PostJR976evil, on Apr 1 2011, 06:11 PM, said:

They've kept that quiet, not even Wikipedia or her own official website knows about it!

I think that was an attempt at an April Fool's prank...
Shadow List 2014.

Wilko Johnson, Muhammed Ali, Helen Fawkes, David Norris, Flora Fraser, Stephen Lewis, Jim Bowen, John Bardon, Albert Reynolds, Rev Billy Graham, Daisy Berkowitz, Wojciech Jaeuzelski, Clive James, Robert Mugabe, George H. W. Bush, Leslie Phillips, Zsa Zsa Gabor, Stephen Hawking, Nancy Reagan, Jeremy Thorpe, Cardinal Keith O'Brien, Tariq Aziz, Murray Walker, Stuart Hall, Luise Rainer, Liz Dawn, Bob Dole, Edgar Ray Killen, Prince Philip, Paul O'Grady, Arthur Scargill, Jalal Talabani, Iain Paisley, Mikhail Gorbachez, Sean Connery, Jimmy Greaves, Sir Nicholas Winton, Sam Simon, Derek Fowlds, Pope Benedict XVI, Richard Attenborough, Harlan Ellison, Fidel Castro, Valerie Harper, Saif al-Isam Megrahi, Queen Fabiola, Ariel Sharon, Liz Smith, Bruce Forsyth, Fred Phelps.

2009: 13/50, 2010: 10/50, 2011: 9/50, 2012: 15/50, 2013:16/50, 2014: 2/50 Winner of the 2010 Dustpool.

#35 Paul Bearer

Zombie Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,090 posts

Posted 01 April 2011 - 05:48 PM

View PostWindsor, on Apr 1 2011, 06:18 PM, said:

View PostJR976evil, on Apr 1 2011, 06:11 PM, said:

I think that was an attempt at an April Fool's prank...

A piss poor one at that.
This is true my form is something odd,
But blaming me is blaming God;
Could I create myself anew
I would not fail in pleasing you.

#36 cmcb09

Pointless Ranter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 3 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 02:16 AM

Saw a photo of her from a few years back at a celebrity luncheon type of thing, was using a walker looked like her teeth had started to decompose was a sad sight, I also know that a year or so ago on ebay a dealer was selling off part of her estate that Patty had commissioned him to do a lot of old Andrews sisters memorabilia records photos etc.etc. so I think she must not be doing well.

#37 wildstorm

Crazy Canuck

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 260 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 03:21 PM

A cohort of The Andrew's Sisters wrote this article 5 months ago, stating a minor update on her otherwise clandestine existence.

Key phrase- "However, at age 94, her health is not that good anymore. It got so poor that earlier this year she was placed in hospice care. Her memory is fading so she does not remember many of the moments in her life that brought her joy like singing and entertaining."
2014 Deathlist (My Nifty Fifty):
ZsaZsa Gabor, Wilko Johnson, Robert Schuller, Peter Robbins, Casey Kasem, Sam Simon, ‘Superstar’ Billy Graham, Valerie Harper, Prince Philip, Richard Attenborough, Michael Schumacher, Mike Porcaro, Nancy Reagan, Muhammad Ali, Ingvar Kamprad, Joseph Kony, Brian May, John McVie, Scott Putesky, Don Pardo, Rev. Billy Graham, Farley Mowat, Stephen Hawking, John Prine, George H.W. Bush, Herman Wouk, Robert Mugabe, Fidel Castro, Luise Rainer, Jack Ramsay, Julie Chang, Gabriel Garcia Marquez, Jerry Lewis, Barbara Bush, John Glen, Harper Lee, Randy Travis, Fred DeLuca, Pete Way, Beverly Cleary, Gene Wilder, Dr. Henry Heimlich, Bob Barker, Amanda Bynes, Jacques Chirac, General Jaruzelski, Al Molinaro, Don Imus, Keith Richards, Pope Benedict XVI

#38 JR976evil

I Need To Get A Life!

• Members
  • 1,543 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 04:07 PM

View Postwildstorm, on 22 November 2012 - 03:21 PM, said:

A cohort of The Andrew's Sisters wrote this article 5 months ago, stating a minor update on her otherwise clandestine existence.

Key phrase- "However, at age 94, her health is not that good anymore. It got so poor that earlier this year she was placed in hospice care. Her memory is fading so she does not remember many of the moments in her life that brought her joy like singing and entertaining."

The phrase 'hospice care' seems pretty decisive

#39 Lard Bazaar

Bang! And the dirt is gone!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,236 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 04:54 PM

View PostJR976evil, on 22 November 2012 - 04:07 PM, said:

View Postwildstorm, on 22 November 2012 - 03:21 PM, said:

The phrase 'hospice care' seems pretty decisive
If she pegs it this year, I will have DEFINITELY won the DDP. You might as well all give up now. Why doesn't my return key work in the forums any more? I can't start a new line.

#40 Death Impends

Post-Twunt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,041 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 05:49 PM

Oddly enough I had a dream where she died last night. :skill2:
DDP Team - Thomas Jefferson Survives (2014 - 1/20) (2013 - 11/20, 4th place)

Personal 50: Billy Graham, Wojciech Jaruzelski, Sam Simon, Valerie Harper, Clive James, Wilko Johnson, Casey Kasem, Luise Rainer, Gough Whitlam, Zsa Zsa Gabor, Kirk Douglas, Olivia de Havilland, Eli Wallach, Superstar Billy Graham, Fidel Castro, Pope Benedict XVI, Prince Philip, George H.W. Bush, Albert Reynolds, Werner Franz, June Foray, Janet Waldo, George S. Irving, Henry Heimlich, Ingvar Kamprad, Bob Dole, Al Molinaro, Richard Attenborough, Nancy Reagan, King Abdullah, Helmut Kohl, Gunter Grass, Robert Mugabe, Fred Phelps, Jack Chick, John Glenn, Christopher Lee, Maureen O'Hara, Monty Hall, Bob Barker, James D. Watson, Mikhail Gorbachev, Muhammad Ali, Gershon Kingsley, Aaron Shikler, Lauren Bacall, Sid Caesar, Mickey Rooney, Stephen Hawking, Abe Vigoda (14/50 last year)

Reply to this topic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users