• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,160 posts

Posted 25 September 2011 - 09:33 AM

Found a chunck of gold with this quick search, and only the other day:-

http://janetweightreed10.blog.co.uk/2011/0...tches-11834576/

Nice.
Seven down, 43 to go...
DL Shadow List: King Abdullah, Muhammad Ali, Sir Richard Attenborough, Tariq Aziz, Pope Benedict XVI, Tony Benn, Ian Brady, George HW Bush, Sid Caeser, Fidel Castro, George Cole, Katherine Crowe, Liz Dawn, Bob Dole, Kirk Douglas, Jean Claude Duvalier, Queen Fabiola of Belgium, Louis Farrakhan, Aretha Franklin, Zsa Zsa Gabor, James Garner, Ruth Bader Ginsburg, Mikhail Gorbachev, Billy Graham, King Harald V of Norway, Valerie Harper, Joao Havelange, Stephen Hawking, Jimmy Hill, Clive James, Yahya Jammeh, General Jaruzelski, Wilko Johnson, Casey Kasem, Stan Lee, Jerry Lee Lewis, Penny Marshall, T O N Mbasogo, Mary Tyler Moore, Hosni Mubarak, Ian Paisley, Nancy Reagan, Albert Reynolds, Ariel Sharon, Sam Simon, Jeremy Thorpe, Gough Whitlam, Lee Kuan Yew, Michael York & Jiang Zemin. 7/50

#42 Toast

Sanctuary Seller

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,704 posts

Posted 25 September 2011 - 10:27 AM

Is it me, or do those sketches look like two other completely different people?

we enjoyed a beautiful lunch prepared by Stephen
'Prepared' is a well-chosen word as it looks like he just opened a few packets from M&S or Waitrose

Posted Image
DDP teams:
If I'm Spared Myself, Of Course
Toast of the Turf
Nearer My God To Thee

#43 JR976evil

I Need To Get A Life!

• Members
  • 1,551 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 02:58 AM

Along with Clive Dunn (who she is 7 years older than) has been on DL from the very start and still kicking and toying with us, bless her :lol:

#44 Phantom

uber twunt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,241 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 02:14 AM

Appearing in a pop video

A good line never dies
It just smells funny

----

Winner of the 2014 Wojciech Jarulzelski sweepstakes

DDP 2014 3/20
Jim Bamber , Ryan Buell, Katherine Crowe Posted Image, Liz Dawn, Ruth Duccini, Janet Fielding, Zsa Zsa Gabor , Billy Graham,"Superstar" Billy Graham, Rolf Harris, Joao Havelange, Bobby Heenan, Wojciech Jarulzelski, Wilko Johnson, Stephen Lewis, Jerry Maren, Les Munro, Sonny Rollins, Sam Simon, Gough Whitlam

DDP 2012 8/20 - Joint 47th

DDP 2013 11/20 - Joint 24th

#45 Bibliogryphon

I Need To Get A Life!

• Members
  • 1,624 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 08:41 PM

She doesn't sound like she is going anywhere soon!!

All the best to her.

She's Zaphod Beeblebrox's Mum!!!
"I appear to have bypassed my good taste chip"

2013 DDP Teams:

Bibliogryphon's Bookworm Food (Theme Team)
I Can't Believe They're Not Deader
Unusual Suspects

#46 Garn2

Bomber

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 196 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 12:10 PM

Congrats to everyone who picked Mandela as hit 8.

Anna Wing dead at 98.
DDP 2014: Daisy Berkowitz, Colin Bloomfield, Katherine Crowe, Sally Farmiloe, Helen Fawkes, Kate Granger, Valerie Harper, Fred Ho, Sandy Jardine, Wojciech Jaruzelski, Wilko Johnson, Ritchii Kara (J), Andrew Madoff, Joe McGinniss, Mike Porcaro, Michael Schumacher, Sam Simon, Lynne Stewart, Joost van der Westhuizen

DDP 2013 (=15th), DDP 2012 (=7th), DDP 2011 (4th), DDP 2010 (=23th); Winner of Inverse Dead Pool 2011

#47 JR976evil

I Need To Get A Life!

• Members
  • 1,551 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 12:28 PM

Yup, official confirmation here

http://www.itv.com/n...g-dies-aged-98/

#48 Bibliogryphon

I Need To Get A Life!

• Members
  • 1,624 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 12:56 PM

I thought Anna was going to make 100.

She once appeared in Doctor Who you know!!

Sad news.

2013 DDP Teams:

Unusual Suspects

#49 Spade_Cooley

Rich Homie Quantick

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,784 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 01:58 PM

Truly one of the least exciting deaths of an actually famous, "mentioned on the evening news" person ever.
"I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow

"Get back to task and participate, or you will come with us at the finale to dance, although there will be shocking deaths. Yoshi is coming for me." - Pikalin Soutdalany

#50 Bored at Work

Pointless Ranter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 3 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 02:10 PM

"Wing and a Prayer"

#51 themaninblack

Pun Plunderer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,124 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 02:38 PM

For Joe Public, a platinum-plated "thought they died years ago" celeb...
"I must have killed more men than Cecil B. DeMille."

Gene Wilder as "the Waco Kid", Blazing Saddles (1974)

#52 Dr. Zorders

Foulmouth

• Members
  • 1,920 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 03:32 PM

View PostBibliogryphon, on 11 July 2013 - 12:56 PM, said:

Sad news.

Yes. I've never watched more than 5 minutes of Eastenders in my life and I've never seen her in it but from what little I saw of her she seemed like a very nice lady and you've clearly got to admire anyone makes it to that age (except fugitive Nazi war criminals obviously).

She was also in an episode of The Sweeney - "On the Run", the last episode of Series 3 (1976) which I'm sure I'll get round to watching if humanity is still in a state to provide electricity by the time I'm my Dad's age.
Dr. Zorders' 2014 shadow list (5/50)

(numbers 1.-20. = my DDP entry "Dead and Deader")
1. Ian McNeice 2. Posted ImageJeremy Clarkson 3. Sam Simon 4. Ian Paisley 5. Olly Croft 6. John Spencer-Churchill 7. Mills Lane 8. Robert M. Pirsig 9. Ariel Sharon
10. Bernard Hepton 11. Muhammad Ali 12. Tony Benn 13. Geoffrey Howe 14. James Garner 15. John B. Anderson 16. Ian Kennedy Martin 17. Pete Doherty
18. Paul Fox 19. Kim Jong-Un 20. Fidel Castro 21. Charles Manson 22. Joe McGinniss 23. Henry Kissinger 24. David Rockefeller 25. Theodore Kaczynski
26. Chuck Berry 27. Jackie Stallone 28. Valéry Giscard d'Estaing 29. O.J. Simpson 30. George Soros 31. James "Whitey" Bulger 32. Lauren Bacall 33. G. Gordon Liddy 34. Kirk Kerkorian 35. Olivia de Havilland 36. Clifton James 37. David Dinkins 38. Simon Cowell 39. Rev. Billy Graham 40. "Mad" Frankie Fraser 41. Denis Norden 42. John Glenn 43. Richard Ingrams 44. Reinhard Hardegen 45. Vic Seixas 46. Jack Brabham 47. Bernard Ecclestone 48. James Lovelock 49. Robert Mugabe 50. Prince Philip

#53 JR976evil

I Need To Get A Life!

• Members
  • 1,551 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 03:55 PM

View PostDr. Zorders, on 11 July 2013 - 03:32 PM, said:

View PostBibliogryphon, on 11 July 2013 - 12:56 PM, said:

Sad news.

Yes. I've never watched more than 5 minutes of Eastenders in my life and I've never seen her in it but from what little I saw of her she seemed like a very nice lady and you've clearly got to admire anyone makes it to that age (except fugitive Nazi war criminals obviously).

She was also in an episode of The Sweeney - "On the Run", the last episode of Series 3 (1976) which I'm sure I'll get round to watching if humanity is still in a state to provide electricity by the time I'm my Dad's age.

Just keep an eye on ITV4, they keep rerunning them in a loop.

She was still quite prolific in her final years actually, for her age anyway. Appeared in Son of Rambow, made guest appearances in Casualty, The Bill etc, and a music video last year

#54 BadEgg

Bomber

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 238 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 04:26 PM

RIP Anna,brilliant actress

#55 Seven Seals

Hatchet man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 05:52 PM

Desperately sorry to hear this. Looks like I picked the wrong geriatric former E20 resident this year.
Seven Seals and a Bowl of Mint Sauce.

DDP 2014
Katherine Crowe Posted Image, Lynda Bellingham, Daisy Berkowitz (Scott Putesky), Abdelaziz Bouteflika, Liz Dawn, Kirk Douglas, Helen Fawkes, Dennis Frederiksen, Zsa Zsa Gabor, Rev Billy Graham, Dr Kate Granger, Valerie Harper, Clive James, Wojciech Jaruzelski, Wilko Johnson, Joe Lala, Les Munro, Ian Paisley, Michael Schumacher, Sam Simon

DDP 2013 38 (9/20)
DDP 2012 =390 (2/20)

#56 Death Impends

Post-Twunt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,077 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 07:06 PM

I was thinking the other day that it seemed like except for Havelange, Whitlam, and Gabor, all the names on the DL that were born 1917 or earlier seemed to be in pretty good health. Not the case anymore for Wing obviously. Well done to DL...
DDP Team - Thomas Jefferson Survives (2014 - 5/20 - Evans, Crowe, Ockels, Jaruzelski, Kasem) (2013 - 11/20, 4th place)

Personal 50: Billy Graham, Wojciech Jaruzelski, Sam Simon, Valerie Harper, Clive James, Wilko Johnson, Casey Kasem, Luise Rainer, Gough Whitlam, Zsa Zsa Gabor, Kirk Douglas, Olivia de Havilland, Eli Wallach, Superstar Billy Graham, Fidel Castro, Pope Benedict XVI, Prince Philip, George H.W. Bush, Albert Reynolds, Werner Franz, June Foray, Janet Waldo, George S. Irving, Henry Heimlich, Ingvar Kamprad, Bob Dole, Al Molinaro, Richard Attenborough, Nancy Reagan, King Abdullah, Helmut Kohl, Gunter Grass, Robert Mugabe, Fred Phelps, Jack Chick, John Glenn, Christopher Lee, Maureen O'Hara, Monty Hall, Bob Barker, James D. Watson, Mikhail Gorbachev, Muhammad Ali, Gershon Kingsley, Aaron Shikler, Lauren Bacall, Sid Caesar, Mickey Rooney, Stephen Hawking, Abe Vigoda (14/50 last year)

#57 Paul Bearer

Zombie Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,184 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 07:07 PM

Wing dinged? I guess the obvious one would be deadenders
This is true my form is something odd,
But blaming me is blaming God;
Could I create myself anew
I would not fail in pleasing you.

#58 Death Impends

Post-Twunt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,077 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 07:11 PM

Lou Be Ill
DDP Team - Thomas Jefferson Survives (2014 - 5/20 - Evans, Crowe, Ockels, Jaruzelski, Kasem) (2013 - 11/20, 4th place)

Personal 50: Billy Graham, Wojciech Jaruzelski, Sam Simon, Valerie Harper, Clive James, Wilko Johnson, Casey Kasem, Luise Rainer, Gough Whitlam, Zsa Zsa Gabor, Kirk Douglas, Olivia de Havilland, Eli Wallach, Superstar Billy Graham, Fidel Castro, Pope Benedict XVI, Prince Philip, George H.W. Bush, Albert Reynolds, Werner Franz, June Foray, Janet Waldo, George S. Irving, Henry Heimlich, Ingvar Kamprad, Bob Dole, Al Molinaro, Richard Attenborough, Nancy Reagan, King Abdullah, Helmut Kohl, Gunter Grass, Robert Mugabe, Fred Phelps, Jack Chick, John Glenn, Christopher Lee, Maureen O'Hara, Monty Hall, Bob Barker, James D. Watson, Mikhail Gorbachev, Muhammad Ali, Gershon Kingsley, Aaron Shikler, Lauren Bacall, Sid Caesar, Mickey Rooney, Stephen Hawking, Abe Vigoda (14/50 last year)

#59 JR976evil

I Need To Get A Life!

• Members
  • 1,551 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 07:50 PM

View PostPaul Bearer, on 11 July 2013 - 07:07 PM, said:

Wing dinged? I guess the obvious one would be deadenders

Didn't you already use that one for Wendy Richard? How about Anna Gets Her Wings?

#60 Bibliogryphon

I Need To Get A Life!

• Members
  • 1,624 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 11:27 AM

Eastender goes West

2013 DDP Teams:

Unusual Suspects

Reply to this topic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users