75 replies to this topic

#41 maryportfuncity

Dedicated Cumbrian Corpse Hound, or summat

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,163 posts

Posted 27 May 2006 - 03:41 PM

No sh*t!

Now here's a dilemma, do we have us a genuine celeb relative surfing and joshing with the rest of us or a drive-by case winding us up? Only time, I guess, will tell. When his official site goes live and he links it to us here we'll know Jenny was the real deal. Amazing, real tension and interest surrounding Cliff Mitchelmore!
Posted Image

Maryport is a disappointment for which there is no cure, but the annual Deathrace thread hereabouts provides welcome distraction.

#42 maryportfuncity

• Members
  • 11,163 posts

Posted 27 May 2006 - 04:19 PM

S'cuse the pedantry but after an exhaustive Internet trawl I think we have us a mistake here.

It's MITCHELMORE and not MICHELMORE as we have it at the top of the thread.
Posted Image

Maryport is a disappointment for which there is no cure, but the annual Deathrace thread hereabouts provides welcome distraction.

#43 Tempus Fugit

Twunt Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,808 posts

Posted 27 May 2006 - 04:22 PM

View Postmaryportfuncity, on May 27 2006, 05:19 PM, said:

S'cuse the pedantry but after an exhaustive Internet trawl I think we have us a mistake here.

No it's definitely Michelmore.
"I have a new philosophy. I'm only going to dread one day at a time."

It's been over 17 months since I was last 100% sober, not a day I want to repeat.

#44 football_fan

I have no life

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,617 posts

Posted 27 May 2006 - 04:25 PM

View Postjenny michelmore, on May 27 2006, 08:31 AM, said:

He's my dad! Fit and well at the age of 86, in fact we are about to teach him how to use the internet so he can continue to inform all those out there that he is alive and well and surfing the net!!!!

:old: <--- he's almost 1 of these but with no beard and looks a damn sight better!!

B) <--- that's more like it ;)
Thanks for the update Jenny. Please keep us posted.

regards,

ff
"A jury consists of twelve people who determine which client has the better lawyer".
- Robert Frost

#45 maryportfuncity

• Members
  • 11,163 posts

Posted 27 May 2006 - 06:54 PM

Tempus my good man:

I'll bow to your Michelmore knowledge, but there's loads of misguided souls out there in cyberspace disagree.
Posted Image

#46 The Pooka

Executioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 585 posts

Posted 27 May 2006 - 08:04 PM

If Jenny Michelmore's post is genuine, and I see no need to doubt it, is this the first post by either the topic of a DL thread or their relative? Its certainly very sporting of her to join the dicussion and I look forward to hearing from Cliff. I do hope he's lost that comb-over.

#47 Guest_Cecil_*

• Guests

Posted 27 May 2006 - 08:05 PM

View Postmaryportfuncity, on May 27 2006, 04:19 PM, said:

Super-S'cuse me but I believe that his own daughter Jenny would be better informed on how to spell her own F*****g name.

#48 Death Watch Beatle

I Need To Get A Life!

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,595 posts

Posted 27 May 2006 - 08:50 PM

View PostThe Pooka, on May 27 2006, 09:04 PM, said:

If Jenny Michelmore's post is genuine, and I see no need to doubt it, is this the first post by either the topic of a DL thread or their relative? Its certainly very sporting of her to join the dicussion and I look forward to hearing from Cliff. I do hope he's lost that comb-over.
Have a look at the final few posts in the World's Strongest Man thread. Also have a read of Clive Dunn as well.

DWB :old:

#49 maryportfuncity

• Members
  • 11,163 posts

Posted 27 May 2006 - 08:51 PM

Cecil my unregistered drive-by poster of a mate!

I take yer point but as someone with a week or two's experience around these parts I know better than to take anything on these boards at immediate face value. Should you decide to stick around you'll find banter - for example - claiming that one poster is Jimmy Page in disguise.

Then again, maybe you're an old timer on these boards yourself sneaking under the wire with a new name. And maybe I'm Cliff Michelmore joshing with yers all. I love the Internet me.
Posted Image

#50 Octopus of Odstock

Post twunt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,826 posts

Posted 03 June 2006 - 06:48 PM

View Postmaryportfuncity, on May 27 2006, 07:54 PM, said:

Tempus my good man:

I'll bow to your Michelmore knowledge, but there's loads of misguided souls out there in cyberspace disagree.

Definitely Michelmore. A HUGE amount of people on the internet are stupid & cannot spell as proved here

#51 Guest_Charles Wheeler_*

• Guests

Posted 25 June 2006 - 02:10 PM

Cliff Michelmore is one of the best tv presenters the BBC ever had. Panorama's editors wanted him; Donald Baverstock, founder of Tonight, had a prior claim and wouldn't let him go. He was one of the nicest men in the business and I hope he lives for ever.

#52 maryportfuncity

• Members
  • 11,163 posts

Posted 25 June 2006 - 02:44 PM

Charles, like hell you're the real thick haired veteran correspondent. Incidentally, if Cliff did live forever don't you think there'd come a point when the pain in his 200 year old knee joints would become intolerable?
Posted Image

#53 maryportfuncity

• Members
  • 11,163 posts

Posted 02 January 2007 - 08:00 PM

This is class!, Cliff in action from 1960 on a clip about the way Newquay is becoming a home for scruffy undesirables. Man, he was old then, he's old now and people still have the same worries about Newquay.

Nowt changes, or summat.
Posted Image

#54 Guest_Guest_*

• Guests

Posted 11 January 2007 - 01:28 PM

View Postmaryportfuncity, on Nov 13 2005, 11:03 PM, said:

Does anyone know anything about his current health? For such a famous face from the past he seems to have dropped well out of sight. He seems to be taking us on, betting our interest will die of apathy before he dies.

he is very fine thanks. i am currently dating his grand daughter and he is in good health.

#55 Captain Oates

Post-Twunt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,240 posts

Posted 11 January 2007 - 07:57 PM

View PostGuest, on Jan 11 2007, 01:28 PM, said:

View Postmaryportfuncity, on Nov 13 2005, 11:03 PM, said:

Does anyone know anything about his current health? For such a famous face from the past he seems to have dropped well out of sight. He seems to be taking us on, betting our interest will die of apathy before he dies.

he is very fine thanks. i am currently dating his grand daughter and he is in good health.
How are his internet studies coming along? We would love to have him as a forum member, he would be made most welcome.

"Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one." A.E.

#56 maryportfuncity

• Members
  • 11,163 posts

Posted 28 May 2007 - 09:53 AM

He turned up in a documentary on the history of childrens television last night. Obviously frail, but equally obviously in full possession of his marbles.
Posted Image

#57 philheybrookbay

Sniper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 12 August 2010 - 11:46 AM

Former BBC and Southern TV Presenter Cliff Michelmore is going on towards 91. Not a bad olde age for an olde newscaster

Must be all that preservative in suntan lotion in the 1970's and 1980's.....

#58 Paul Bearer

Zombie Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,228 posts

Posted 12 August 2010 - 05:28 PM

View Postphilheybrookbay, on Aug 12 2010, 12:46 PM, said:

Former BBC and Southern TV Presenter Cliff Michelmore is going on towards 91. Not a bad olde age for an olde newscaster

Must be all that preservative in suntan lotion in the 1970's and 1980's.....

He's been on the radar for some time. Here

Edited by Magere Hein, 13 August 2010 - 12:37 AM.
Posts moved here from topic "Who's going to be around for a while?"

This is true my form is something odd,
But blaming me is blaming God;
Could I create myself anew
I would not fail in pleasing you.

#59 Paul Bearer

Zombie Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,228 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 08:05 PM

Thought it was about time to bring this thread back to life. 93 last December was our Cliff
This is true my form is something odd,
But blaming me is blaming God;
Could I create myself anew
I would not fail in pleasing you.

#60 JR976evil

I Need To Get A Life!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,558 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 08:30 PM

View PostPaul Bearer, on 19 January 2013 - 08:05 PM, said:

Thought it was about time to bring this thread back to life. 93 last December was our Cliff

Have I not just seen him in archive footage on BBC2?

Reply to this topic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users