Assassin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 850 posts

Posted 15 May 2015 - 11:30 AM

Legend. Hate when we lose irreplaceable people from a bygone era. RIP
SC

2015 No Heartbeat Needed DP: Team - Cancel My Appointments
Ahmad Givens (DIED 2-21-2015)Stuart Scott (DIED 1-4-2015), Scott Putensky "Daisy Berkowitz", 'Little' Jimmy Dickens (DIED 1-3-2015), Bhumibal Adulyadej, Abdelaziz Bouteflika, Bart Starr, Bryan Weidmeier, Sam Simon (DIED 3-9-2015), Clive James, Henry McCullough, John Dingell, Fidel Castro, Jules Bianchi, Gino Odjick, Jerry Tarkanian (DIED 2-11-2015), Bryan Murray, 'Superstar' Billy Graham, Reverend Billy Graham, Lynne Stewart.

2015 Celebrity DP (Giraffe Boards): Team - Reaper's Keepers
Gordie Howe, Bryan Murray, Bart Starr, Jules Bianchi, Sam Simon (DIED 3-9-2015), Fidel Castro, Bryan Weidmeier, Jeff Golub (DIED 1-1-2015), Gino Odjick, Jaswant Singh, Lynne Stewart, Rev Billy Graham, "Superstar" Billy Graham.

2015 Necronomicon Suh DP (Doug Stanhope site) - Sir Creep
Abdelaziz Bouteflika, King Abdullah (DIED 1-23-2015), Ahmad Givens (DIED 2-21-2015), Bart Starr, Bhumibal Adulyadej, Bob Benmosche (DIED 2-27-2015), Bobbi Kristina Brown, Bryan Murray, Fidel Castro, Cardinal Francis George (DIED 4-17-2015), Gino Odjick, James R. Messenger, Jaswant Singh, Jules Bianchi, Lynne Stewart, Magomed Abdusalamov, Martin Crowe, Oliver Sacks, Rebecca D. Lockhart (DIED 1-17-2015), Sam Simon (DIED 3-9-2015).

#122 Phantom

Phantom

cadaver

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,053 posts

Posted 15 May 2015 - 12:33 PM

Even though it was inevitable that we'd lose him this year given his recent health problems, I still feel a great pang of sadness that he's gone.

He was a legend and I always admired at how many gigs he would perform each year even well into his 80s.

The first time I got to see him was when I was 16/17 at Fairfield Halls in Croydon, front row seats. I went to the gig straight from college so I was wearing an Iron Maiden t-shirt and ripped jeans.

After the show when I got up to applaud, B.B. saw me, beckoned me towards the stage and shook my hand, laughing and commented "yeah man, their singer can really sing" even though he probably didn't care for their genre of music.

Mr. King, I take my hat off to you. I'm honoured that I got to meet you and thank you for the great music you've given us over the years. I'm also proud that my 5000th post on here gives me the chance to pay you tribute.

• Magere Hein, Death Impends, Toast and 4 others like this

A good line never dies
It just smells funny

----
DDP 2015 - 4/20

Lauren Hilljoker.gif, Little Jimmy Dickens, Sylvia Miles, Liz Dawn, Joao Havelenge, Sam Simon, Chris Woodhead, Billy Graham, Daisy Berkowitz, Stephen Lewis, Jimmy Perry, Peter Sutcliffe, Ian Brady, Peter Vaughan, John Stephenson, Jerry Maren, Ian St. John, Patricia Hitchcock, Robert M. Pirsig, Nancy Reagan

2015 Shadow List

6/50

Jean Alexander, Muhammed Ali, Daisy Berkowitz, Tom "Dynamite Kid" Billington, Ian Brady, George H.W Bush, Jacques Chirac, Beverly Cleary, George Cole, Liz Dawn, Little Jimmy Dickens, Bob Dole, Clarissa Eden, Janet Fielding, June Foray, Zsa Zsa Gabor, Gaston Glock, Billy Graham, "Superstar" Billy Graham, Joao Havelange, Lauren Hill, Patricia Hitchcock, Clive James, B.B. King, Helmut Kohl, Stephen Lewis, Jerry Maren, Sylvia Miles, Al Molinaro, Mary Tyler Moore, Hosni Mubarak, Robert Mugabe, Les Munro, Leonard Nimoy, Denis Norden, Maureen O'Hara, Jimmy Perry, Leslie Phillips, Nancy Reagan, Don Rickles, Sonny Rollins, Peter Sallis, Helmut Schmidt, Sam Simon, Dudley Simpson, Ian St. John, Percy Sledge, Peter Sutcliffe, Peter Vaughan, Chris Woodhead

Winner of the 2014 Wojciech Jarulzelski sweepstakes

DDP 2014 4/20 - Joint 71st , DDP 2013 11/20 - Joint 24th, DDP 2012 8/20 - Joint 47th

#123 rockhopperpenguin

rockhopperpenguin

Sniper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 145 posts

Posted 15 May 2015 - 02:25 PM

I thought I might get through the year with no hits but am more gutted that BB was the first to go. When I compare him to some of the others on my DDP list it just goes to go the show the Universe does not care a jot.

#124 Guest_awesome guest_*

Guest_awesome guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 May 2015 - 02:49 PM

Pity it couldn't have been Mugabe at least now he is in heaven

#125 RandomGuest

RandomGuest

Hatchet man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 15 May 2015 - 03:59 PM

To be able to play guitar like that, many dream and few accomplish.    Be at peace Mr. King.  :(

One day I'll own a Gibson and I'll still be a mediocre player, but a gal can dream...

Random

#126 Bibliogryphon

Bibliogryphon

Jolly Green Gnat

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,524 posts

Posted 15 May 2015 - 06:23 PM

I thought I might get through the year with no hits but am more gutted that BB was the first to go. When I compare him to some of the others on my DDP list it just goes to go the show the Universe does not care a jot.

The people who have gone this year are those who have serious and dedicated fan bases Nimoy, Pratchett, King, Benaud even Simon to some degree. When are all the murderers, dictators and light entertainers going to go?

• Death Impends and rockhopperpenguin like this

"I appear to have bypassed my good taste chip"

2015 DDP Teams: (2014)

Bibliogryphon's Bookworm Food (Theme Team) 1/20 (5/20 - =7th Theme Team League (=68th))
I Can't Believe They're Not Deader 2/20 (2/20 =351st)
Unusual Suspects 0/20 (5/20 =114th)

Winner of 2014 Inverse Deadpool

2015 Shadow List

Sam Simon/Billy Graham/Zsa Zsa Gabor/B B King/Joao Havelange/Olivia de Havilland/Peter Sallis/Kirk Douglas/Muhammad Ali/Mary Tyler Moore/George Bush Snr/Tony Booth/Leonard Nimoy/Paul Gascoigne/Leslie Philips/Denis Healey/Liz Dawn/Herman Wouk/Richard Adams/Vera Lynn/Jean Alexander/Glenn Campbell/Fats Domino/Fidel Castro/Bhumibol Adulyadej/Jake Lamotta/Robert Mugabe/Lord Carrington/Peter OSullevan/Abdelaziz Bouteflika/Helmut Schmidt/Joost van der Westhuizen/Phil Spector/Rob Ford/Bill Maynard/Denis Norden/Abe Vigoda/Rodney Bewes/Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh/Manuel Noriega/Douglas Hurd/Clive James/Kim Jong-Un/Ali Carter/Nancy Reagan/Ronnie Corbett/Cliff Mitchelmore/Peter Sutcliffe/ Christopher Lee/ Ian Brady 3/50

#127 Guest_awesome guest_*

Guest_awesome guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 May 2015 - 06:58 PM

I also noticed that so far not one dead candidate is over 90 especially since they are 30 of them

#128 rockhopperpenguin

rockhopperpenguin

Sniper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 145 posts

Posted 15 May 2015 - 06:59 PM

The people who have gone this year are those who have serious and dedicated fan bases Nimoy, Pratchett, King, Benaud even Simon to some degree. When are all the murderers, dictators and light entertainers going to go?

Robert Mugabe and Jimmy Tarbuck walk into a bar..............

#129 Deathray

Deathray

Caskets Understand No Titles

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,006 posts

Posted 15 May 2015 - 09:58 PM

Mayor declares today B B King Day in Memphis. http://www.washingto...red-in-memphis/

Possibly in celebration of outliving Sir C's prediction of his death yesterday?

I get a feeling that it won't be too long before B.B. King passes away. Early next month would be my guess and I'll be stuck in traffic as it hear it on the radio on my way home from work. My dad will probably text me the news and then 5 minutes later send another text to ask if I received the one that he sent initially. I'd then have to explain to him again that I don't always answer my phone straight away, especially if I'm driving.  

Can you PM with your feelings about other hopeful candidates in December. Cheers.

Shadow List (5/49)1) Rev Billy Graham 2) Sam Simon 3) Zsa Zsa Gabor 4) Elizabeth Dawn 5) Muhammad Ali 6) Clive James 7) Vera Lynn 8) Abe Vigoda 9) Christopher Lee 10) George Bush Senior 11) Dennis Healey 12) Olivia de Havilland 13) Nancy Reagan 14) Jimmy Carter 15) Fidel Castro 16) Stephen Hawking 17) Prince Philip 18) Nicholas Winton 19) Mary Tyler Moore 20) Caroline Ahern 21) Valerie Harper 22) Clare Hollingworth 23) Bhumibol Adulyadej 24) Jimmy Carter 25) June Brown 26) Terry Pratchett 27) Tony Booth 28) Ronnie Corbett 29) Ray Reardon 30) Roy Mason 31) Lemmy Kilminster 32) Ozzy Osbourne 33) Luis Jordain 34) Geoffrey Howe 35) Eileen Derbyshire 36) Doreen Keogh 37) Lord Carrington 38) Mary Carlisle 39) Mary Wilson 40) Ethel Lang 41) John Nott 42) Joan Collins 43) Sandy Gall 44) Bernard Cribbins 45) Rodney Beuwes 46) Shimon Peres 47) Lee Kuan Yew 48) Doris Day 49) Betty White 50) Stuart Hall

Note: Thank to RadGuy for pointing out Jimmy Carter is listed twice (14 and 24) - I've left it in but am counting out of 49 now.

#130 Guest_awesome guest_*

Guest_awesome guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 May 2015 - 07:40 AM

BTW I noticed the cause hadn't be written down on this site yet. The cause of death was a series of strokes apparently

#131 RadGuy

RadGuy

Bomber

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted 16 May 2015 - 10:28 AM

Damn it. The good people like Nimoy, Simon and King are gone but all the evil people on Deathlist still live.

Personal Deathlist 2015: 1) Zsa Zsa Gabor, 2) Sam Simon, 3) Bhumibol Adulyadej, 4) Mary Tyler Moore, 5) Reverend Billy Graham, 6) George H. W. Bush, 7) Herman Wouk, 8) Prince Phillip, 9) Fidel Castro, 10) King Abdullah, 11) Pope Benedict XVI, 12) Joost van der Westhuizen, 13) Muhammad Ali, 14) George Gaynes, 15) Kirk Douglas, 16) Joao Havelange, 17) Olivia de Havilland, 18) Dick van Dyke, 19) Al Molinaro, 20) Nancy Reagan, 21) Stephen Hawking, 22) Doris Day, 23) Maureen O'Hara, 24) B. B. King, 25) Ayatollah Ali Khamenei, 26) Mikhail Gorbachev, 27) Amanda Bynes, 28) Dick Cheney, 29) Abe Vigoda, 30) Francis Cardinal George, 31) George Ryan, 32) Pele, 33) Mel Brooks, 34) Carl Reiner, 35) Norman Lear, 36) Don Rickles, 37) Bill Cosby, 38) Clint Eastwood, 39) Marla Gibbs, 40) Nanette Fabray, 41) Bill Macy, 42) Vladimir Putin, 43) Lech Walesa, 44) Barbara Bush, 45) Pope Francis, 46) Valerie Harper, 47) Governor Pat Quinn, 48) June Lockhart, 49) Carol Burnett, 50) Richard Daley

2015: 4/50 

#132 GossipGabe

GossipGabe

Sniper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 116 posts

Posted 16 May 2015 - 11:11 AM

BTW I noticed the cause hadn't be written down on this site yet. The cause of death was a series of strokes apparently

The cause wasn't widely reported 'cause he was in hospice care with severe diabetes and his death was kind of expected. So the immediate cause was the series of cerebrovascular accidents with diabetes and high blood pressure as contributing (complicating) factors.

#133 RadGuy

RadGuy

Bomber

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted 16 May 2015 - 11:35 AM

I just happened to notice that the topic is called "4. BB King" instead of "22. BB King"... so, can somebody fix it, please?

Edited by Magere Hein, 16 May 2015 - 02:44 PM.
Done

Personal Deathlist 2015: 1) Zsa Zsa Gabor, 2) Sam Simon, 3) Bhumibol Adulyadej, 4) Mary Tyler Moore, 5) Reverend Billy Graham, 6) George H. W. Bush, 7) Herman Wouk, 8) Prince Phillip, 9) Fidel Castro, 10) King Abdullah, 11) Pope Benedict XVI, 12) Joost van der Westhuizen, 13) Muhammad Ali, 14) George Gaynes, 15) Kirk Douglas, 16) Joao Havelange, 17) Olivia de Havilland, 18) Dick van Dyke, 19) Al Molinaro, 20) Nancy Reagan, 21) Stephen Hawking, 22) Doris Day, 23) Maureen O'Hara, 24) B. B. King, 25) Ayatollah Ali Khamenei, 26) Mikhail Gorbachev, 27) Amanda Bynes, 28) Dick Cheney, 29) Abe Vigoda, 30) Francis Cardinal George, 31) George Ryan, 32) Pele, 33) Mel Brooks, 34) Carl Reiner, 35) Norman Lear, 36) Don Rickles, 37) Bill Cosby, 38) Clint Eastwood, 39) Marla Gibbs, 40) Nanette Fabray, 41) Bill Macy, 42) Vladimir Putin, 43) Lech Walesa, 44) Barbara Bush, 45) Pope Francis, 46) Valerie Harper, 47) Governor Pat Quinn, 48) June Lockhart, 49) Carol Burnett, 50) Richard Daley

2015: 4/50 

#134 YoungWillz

YoungWillz

Executioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 724 posts

Posted 25 May 2015 - 10:34 PM

Family allege BB King poisoned. http://news.sky.com/...oned-say-family

DDP2015 (Comedy Cremations) Ricky Gervais (Joker); Richard O'Sullivan; Bruce Forsyth; June Whitfield; Pauline Quirke; Stephanie Cole; Jackie Mason; Barry Cryer; Ken Dodd; B.A. Robertson; Billy Connolly; Caroline Aherne; Josephine Tewson; Stanley Baxter; Denis Norden; Thelma Barlow; Paul O'Grady; Terry Gilliam; Zara Nutley; Jack Smethurst.

Russell Tovey's ears fascinate me.

Diggi-loo diggi-ley, let this miracle stay

I could be whatever I would choose,

Please don't wake me up

I'm dreamin' of me in golden shoes

- Herreys, Sweden, 1984.

#135 Whitehouse

Whitehouse

Shipman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 458 posts

Posted 25 May 2015 - 10:52 PM

Just when we thought John Nash' death was the first ever non-natural death in the Deathlist history!

B.B. King could take that crown. (Yes, in keeping with deathlist etiquette, pun intended)
  • Davey Jones' Locker likes this
My 2014 entries:

Team: Serious effort.
1) Fred Weintraub (Joker), 2) Eli Wallach, 3) Fernando Ricksen, 4) Valerie Harper, 5) Kirk Kerkorian, 6) Jim Bamber, 7) Clive James, 8) Billy Graham, 9) Marques Haynes, 10) Harry Dean Stanton, 11) Roger Bannister, 12) Richard Adams, 13) James Garner, 14) Burt Bacharach, 15) Jean Darling, 16) Alice Munro, 17) Mickey Rooney, 18) Carla Laemmle, 19) Ramón José Velásquez, 20) Bess Meyerson.

DDP Team: Serious effort Part 2.

1) Joost van der Westhuizen (Joker), 2) Michael Schumacher, 3) Vinnie Jones, 4) Michael Parkinson, 5) Brian May, 6) George H. W. Bush, 7) Barbara Bush, 8) Jimmy Carter, 9) Shane McGowan, 10) Muhammad Ali, 11) Aretha Franklin, 12) Joe Jackson (Michael's dad), 13) Jen Arnold (Little people), 14) Sharon Osborne, 15) Lynda Bellingham, 16) Wilko Johnson, 17) Sam Simon (Simpsons co-creator), 18) Sally Farmiloe, 19) Missy Elliott, 20) Larry D. Mann.

Reserve picks; Jerry Lewis, Glen Campbell, Peter Falk

Since no death was reported in this DDP list, I let it stand. Not entered in competition.
DDP team: Pass me the mike!
Joker Michael Waltrip, Michael Douglas, Michael Whitacker, Michael Caine, Michael Gambon, Michael J. Fox, Michael Keaton, Michael Schumacher, Michael Dikakis, Michael McDonald, Mick Jagger, (Michael) Duff McKagan, Michael Andretti, Michael Chiklis, Michael Madsen, Michael Jordan, Michael Bolton, Michael Bay, Michael Ballack, Mike Tyson. Reserve Pick(s): Michael Myers,Mike Oldfield, Mika brzezinski (only female here).

#136 Sir Creep

Sir Creep

Assassin

• Members
  • 850 posts

Posted 25 May 2015 - 11:25 PM

Wouldn't be THIS 'family' would it?
http://www.deathlist...c=4534&p=226545
SC

(Edit: previous story -- "Three of Kings 11 surviving children Karen Williams, Rita Washington and Patty King said outside court they suspect Toney is stealing money and neglecting Kings medical needs while blocking them from seeing their father in home hospice care. They vowed to keep fighting."

This story - "His daughters, Karen Williams and Patty King, lay out their claim in documents provided by their lawyer to the Associated Press."

What a couple of cunts.

Ahmad Givens (DIED 2-21-2015)Stuart Scott (DIED 1-4-2015), Scott Putensky "Daisy Berkowitz", 'Little' Jimmy Dickens (DIED 1-3-2015), Bhumibal Adulyadej, Abdelaziz Bouteflika, Bart Starr, Bryan Weidmeier, Sam Simon (DIED 3-9-2015), Clive James, Henry McCullough, John Dingell, Fidel Castro, Jules Bianchi, Gino Odjick, Jerry Tarkanian (DIED 2-11-2015), Bryan Murray, 'Superstar' Billy Graham, Reverend Billy Graham, Lynne Stewart.

Gordie Howe, Bryan Murray, Bart Starr, Jules Bianchi, Sam Simon (DIED 3-9-2015), Fidel Castro, Bryan Weidmeier, Jeff Golub (DIED 1-1-2015), Gino Odjick, Jaswant Singh, Lynne Stewart, Rev Billy Graham, "Superstar" Billy Graham.

Abdelaziz Bouteflika, King Abdullah (DIED 1-23-2015), Ahmad Givens (DIED 2-21-2015), Bart Starr, Bhumibal Adulyadej, Bob Benmosche (DIED 2-27-2015), Bobbi Kristina Brown, Bryan Murray, Fidel Castro, Cardinal Francis George (DIED 4-17-2015), Gino Odjick, James R. Messenger, Jaswant Singh, Jules Bianchi, Lynne Stewart, Magomed Abdusalamov, Martin Crowe, Oliver Sacks, Rebecca D. Lockhart (DIED 1-17-2015), Sam Simon (DIED 3-9-2015).

#137 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 May 2015 - 06:36 PM

BREAKING NEWS- BB King may have been murdered- police investigation launched http://www.bbc.com/n...t-arts-32881351

#138 Sir Creep

Sir Creep

Assassin

• Members
  • 850 posts

Posted 26 May 2015 - 06:54 PM

BREAKING NEWS- BB King may have been murdered- police investigation launched http://www.bbc.com/n...t-arts-32881351

The news YoungWillz broke 18 hours earlier you mean?

#139 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 May 2015 - 07:00 PM

The news YoungWillz broke 18 hours earlier you mean?

no the police investigation hadn't ben launched at that point

#140 En Passant

En Passant

Sniper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted Yesterday, 09:45 PM

Casually browsing the front page, one hit, one miss.

Hit, the text correctly lists him as being 89, miss, the list has him at 90.

Reply to this topic

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: dead

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users