←  2014 Names

DeathList Forum

»

44. BB King 

weatherman90's Photo weatherman90 31 Dec 2004

And the Last Minute thought for 2005... B.B. King - Blues Singer, he's got diabetes, he's overweight, and he's 80 next year. Also claims to have had 15 children with 15 different women....IMDB

[Thread created from various posts in different threads - ff]

football_fan's Photo football_fan 31 Dec 2004

B.B. King for 2005? ... I am not too sure, but then again it could be a possibility as he is approaching 80. I saw him perform earlier this year and he was full of energy. There is a blues club in the entertainment district in Memphis, Tennessee where he sometimes performs and I have included a picture of it below.

Posted Image

The Yeti's Photo The Yeti 01 Jan 2005

View Postweatherman90, on Dec 31 2004, 01:16 PM, said:

Also claims to have had 15 children with 15 different women....IMDB
Can't see the number of kids he's procreated having a lot to do with his fate date tho'.

weatherman90's Photo weatherman90 02 Jan 2005

Just an interesting fact I thought I might throw in...

The Yeti's Photo The Yeti 06 Jan 2005

football_fan said:

There is a blues club in the entertainment district in Memphis, Tennessee where he sometimes performs and I have included a picture of it below.

I wonder how you can tell its his club ?
:shoot2:

Canadian Paul's Photo Canadian Paul 04 Mar 2006

I should let everyone know that B.B. King is denying last tour rumours. Old article, but it was easier than picking and choosing among the many articles on his recent performances.

Life Begins at 5 o'clock's Photo Life Begins at 5 o'clock 16 Apr 2006

Fat enough for my list next year. He'll take B.B. King's place.

maryportfuncity's Photo maryportfuncity 16 Apr 2006

There are olympic athletes could take BB King's place, that man looks good for 90 if not 100.

MyBrainHurts2's Photo MyBrainHurts2 17 Apr 2006

View PostTempus Fugit, on Apr 16 2006, 07:10 PM, said:

View Postmaryportfuncity, on Apr 16 2006, 08:07 PM, said:

There are olympic athletes could take BB King's place, that man looks good for 90 if not 100.

I wonder what happens to poor Lucille when BB finally goes unto the void.

I'll enter two guesses, either BB is buried with Lucille or it goes to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.

beebee's Photo beebee 18 Apr 2006

I wonder what happens to poor Lucille when BB finally goes unto the void.

i got dibs on lucille!!!

but she'll probably end up in the smithsonian.

maryportfuncity's Photo maryportfuncity 18 Apr 2006

Cremated with the man....it's the only way.

Canadian Paul's Photo Canadian Paul 20 Apr 2006

On the topic of B.B. King, he has suffered a double tragedy, yet still continued on to do his 10,000th show.

As if we needed anymore proof that this guy isn't going anywhere anytime soon...

Canadian Paul's Photo Canadian Paul 07 May 2006

Tragedy continues for B.B. King as manager Sidney Seidenberg dies, aged 81.

Guest_Guest_* 27 Jan 2007

BB King now fighting flu like symptoms in hospital- similar to what James Brown was rushed into hospital for the daybefore he died...

Lard Bazaar's Photo Lard Bazaar 27 Jan 2007

BB King in hospital, but expected to be discharged soon......

http://news.bbc.co.u...ent/6305097.stm

Phantom's Photo Phantom 31 Aug 2007

I saw BB King perform last night at the Minnesota State Fair. for someone who is due to be 82 in a couple of weeks time he was in fine form.
His voice was powerful, although he only performed for an hour and talked through most of the set.

Etta James were there also fresh out of the hospital. She was on stage for an hour too and for someone who was discharged from hospital a short time ago, she was great.

Both James and King arrived on stage on motorised wheelchairs

TAFKAG's Photo TAFKAG 01 Jan 2009

Seems a strange choice for DL 2009, does BB. Only 83 and played at The Kennedy Center Honors Awards last month.

On the plus side, at least there should be the occasional article about him worth posting, unlike Pincher, Lom, Niemeyer, Shamir, CLS et al.

Black's Photo Black 04 Jan 2009

View PostTAFKAG, on Jan 1 2009, 12:11 PM, said:

Seems a strange choice for DL 2009, does BB. Only 83...

I saw him perform in November. It seems like a valid choice to me. He's obese, diabetic and losing stamina. He still puts on a great show though, albeit from a comfortable seated position. About 50% spoken word and not much performance in the second half of a 80 minute show. Check out his last album and tell me the subject matter doesn't suggest he's ready to depart.