weatherman90

BB King

And the Last Minute thought for 2005... B.B. King - Blues Singer, he's got diabetes, he's overweight, and he's 80 next year. Also claims to have had 15 children with 15 different women....IMDB

[Thread created from various posts in different threads - ff]

B.B. King for 2005? ... I am not too sure, but then again it could be a possibility as he is approaching 80. I saw him perform earlier this year and he was full of energy. There is a blues club in the entertainment district in Memphis, Tennessee where he sometimes performs and I have included a picture of it below.

memphis22vz.jpg

Also claims to have had 15 children with 15 different women....IMDB

Can't see the number of kids he's procreated having a lot to do with his fate date tho'.

There is a blues club in the entertainment district in Memphis, Tennessee where he sometimes performs and I have included a picture of it below.

I wonder how you can tell its his club ?

:shoot2:

There are olympic athletes could take BB King's place, that man looks good for 90 if not 100.

There are olympic athletes could take BB King's place, that man looks good for 90 if not 100.

I wonder what happens to poor Lucille when BB finally goes unto the void.

I'll enter two guesses, either BB is buried with Lucille or it goes to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.

I wonder what happens to poor Lucille when BB finally goes unto the void.

i got dibs on lucille!!!

but she'll probably end up in the smithsonian.

Cremated with the man....it's the only way.

On the topic of B.B. King, he has suffered a double tragedy, yet still continued on to do his 10,000th show.

As if we needed anymore proof that this guy isn't going anywhere anytime soon...

Guest Guest
BB King now fighting flu like symptoms in hospital- similar to what James Brown was rushed into hospital for the daybefore he died...

I saw BB King perform last night at the Minnesota State Fair. for someone who is due to be 82 in a couple of weeks time he was in fine form.

His voice was powerful, although he only performed for an hour and talked through most of the set.

Etta James were there also fresh out of the hospital. She was on stage for an hour too and for someone who was discharged from hospital a short time ago, she was great.

Both James and King arrived on stage on motorised wheelchairs

Seems a strange choice for DL 2009, does BB. Only 83 and played at The Kennedy Center Honors Awards last month.

On the plus side, at least there should be the occasional article about him worth posting, unlike Pincher, Lom, Niemeyer, Shamir, CLS et al.

Seems a strange choice for DL 2009, does BB. Only 83...

I saw him perform in November. It seems like a valid choice to me. He's obese, diabetic and losing stamina. He still puts on a great show though, albeit from a comfortable seated position. About 50% spoken word and not much performance in the second half of a 80 minute show. Check out his last album and tell me the subject matter doesn't suggest he's ready to depart.

Seems a strange choice for DL 2009, does BB. Only 83...

I saw him perform in November. It seems like a valid choice to me. He's obese, diabetic and losing stamina. He still puts on a great show though, albeit from a comfortable seated position. About 50% spoken word and not much performance in the second half of a 80 minute show. Check out his last album and tell me the subject matter doesn't suggest he's ready to depart.

He seems to be still going strong. According to his website. He is scheduled for 10 concerts in the next 2 months.

1/04/2009 - House of Blues - San Diego, CA

2/05/2009 - Ruth Eckerd Hall - Clearwater, FL

2/06/2009 - UCF Arena - Orlando, FL

2/07/2009 - Kravis Center for the Performing Arts - Palm Beach, FL

2/10/2009 - Shoreline Ballroom - Hilton Head Island, SC

2/12/2009 - Ryman Auditorium - Nashville, TN

2/14/2009 - Midland Theatre - Kansas City, MO,

2/15/2009 - Louisville Palace Theatre - Louisville, KY,

2/16/2009 - Fox Theatre - Detroit, MI

2/18/2009 - Providence Perf. Arts Centre.- Providence, RI

I think the DL are going for a bluesman double, after Bo Diddley went skyward last year...

He seems to be still going strong. According to his website. He is scheduled for 10 concerts in the next 2 months.

Listening to his show, it sure sounds like he intends to go out "on the road."

Guest Derme

BB Kinng is the best, He not die in 2009!

BB Kinng is the best, He not die in 2009!

Are they connected to B.B. King in any way, shape or form, apart from their homonymous name?