- - - - -

African Despots Dis spot am de spot to play a spot ob de sport ob spot de despot sport

190 replies to this topic

#41 Twelvetrees

Shipman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 323 posts

Posted 03 August 2007 - 10:15 AM

The former Angolan rebel leader Alvara Holden Roberto has died at the age of 84. He never got the chance to be a despot, as his US and Israeli-backed FNLA forces lost out to the Communist MPLA; however, as Fortinbras says in 'Hamlet' "...he was likely, had he been put on, To have proved most royally..."
"Clive Dunn is immortal"

#42 maryportfuncity

Dedicated Cumbrian Corpse Hound, or summat

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,665 posts

Posted 21 September 2007 - 09:10 PM

Sierra Leone bad place for a relaxing beer at the end of a hard week at the mo. Former president and those closest to him unlikely to be enjoying a good night's sleep.
Posted Image

Maryport is a disappointment for which there is no cure, but the annual Deathrace thread hereabouts provides welcome distraction.

#43 maryportfuncity

Dedicated Cumbrian Corpse Hound, or summat

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,665 posts

Posted 24 September 2007 - 02:19 PM

Truce off for kidnapping of foreign oil workers, heat on the Nigerian government.

sh*t load of guns in that country.
Posted Image

Maryport is a disappointment for which there is no cure, but the annual Deathrace thread hereabouts provides welcome distraction.

#44 DevonDeathTrip

Tractor Eater

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,070 posts

Posted 16 October 2007 - 06:31 PM

The President of Malawi, Bingu wa Mutharika, is in a French hospital recovering from a "hernia operation."

This article, published in June, suggests his problems are a little more serious.

"The cancer has spread so much that it is life theatening," a source privy to the President's health disclosed.

Sometimes when we see the eyes- those horrible times when we see the eyes,eyes that ... that have no soul - then we know a darkness.

#45 Star Crossed

Assassin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 996 posts

Posted 16 October 2007 - 07:42 PM

View PostDevonDeathTrip, on Oct 16 2007, 07:31 PM, said:

The President of Malawi, Bingu wa Mutharika, is in a French hospital recovering from a "hernia operation."
This article, published in June, suggests his problems are a little more serious.

"The cancer has spread so much that it is life theatening," a source privy to the President's health disclosed.
I swear, it was between him and Mohammed Deif for the last slot on my DDP team. He'd be an unique pick as well! ;)
A lesson from history.
Tdonkleys snakc on Cnocolate and Cumcumber
"El hombre es dueño de su silencio, pero prisionero de sus palabras" - Argentinian proverb.
"Maybe they filmed the poltergeist on a cursed children berialground without knowing it." - Vaagheid
'Patience is the support of weakness; impatience the ruin of strength'

#46 Banshees Scream

Dwarf tosser

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,416 posts

Posted 21 October 2007 - 05:31 AM

I think the truth is somewhere in the middle. Fading, but not yet expired.

On the Egyptian Prime Minister Hosni Mubarak 'and I can't be positive' but I believe reading that he was diagnosed with prostate cancer several years ago. Today prostate cancer is very treatable, in fact there are various medications that can be prescribed to treat it.

Now I'm very 'skeptical' when it comes to articles that read "His condition is not life-threatening, but he is very weak," - Because let's face it that the majority of us cross our fingers for 'eye brow raising' statements that are written by the press, and in truth all we are really reading is 'a social term' which it's called 'exaggeration' and it's origination in Latin means 'to heap up or magnify' ... so no sh*t I blame 'the press' in the first degree or in a sense it might even be more appropriate for me to call them 'fictional authors'

If anybody has ever heard of 'Teodoro Obiang Nguema Mbasogo' who is the President of Equatorial Guinea, it has stated that he is suffering from 'terminal prostate cancer' for several years and of course this classic line ....... 'is reported to weigh as little as 50kg (110 lbs), and is said to be existing in agony.

While at the same time he also has been sharing hand shakes with Condoleezza Rice and 'Yes I would have coffee with her parents over her birth name!'

Standing with Hawaiian necklaces in the rain with umbrella's? ....

Teodoro in agony?

Posted Image

#47 DevonDeathTrip

Tractor Eater

• Moderators
  • 4,070 posts

Posted 30 October 2007 - 09:57 PM

The President of Somalia Abdullahi Yusuf Ahmed may be about to resign because of health reasons . Apparently a group of German doctors have been flown in to attend to him.

His BBC profile mentions that he had a liver transplant in the 1990s. This article says that on top of his liver problems, he also suffers from Parkinsons and Alzheimers.
Sometimes when we see the eyes- those horrible times when we see the eyes,eyes that ... that have no soul - then we know a darkness.

#48 Banshees Scream

Dwarf tosser

• Members
  • 5,416 posts

Posted 30 October 2007 - 10:09 PM

Facts are loyal and time is precious and outcomes cease to accord in what we visualize, our hopes a million disqualify at the gate and here is another fallen DDP prize.

#49 DevonDeathTrip

Tractor Eater

• Moderators
  • 4,070 posts

Posted 30 November 2007 - 08:51 PM

View PostTwelvetrees, on Feb 21 2007, 05:27 PM, said:

I doubt that Major Berrington Mkoma would get a UK obit., but his involvement in the aftermath of the Dian Fossey murder may just earn him a mention somewhere. His illness is unspecified but deemed to be terminal, and the fact that he is being released from prison straight to Lusaka Hospital does not bode well. It seems that Frederick Chiluba can rid himself of political inconveniences even whilst under house arrest.

Major Berrington Mkoma has finally been released from jail.

'Unlucky' does not do this man justice - he's had a rough decade. Unpleasant details of some of his treatment during ten years behind bars on trumped up charges of treason can be found here, the article doesn't mention he was also deliberately infected with HIV and subsequently developed Karposi's sarcoma, a cancer common in AIDS victims. Immediately before he was arrested he had the misfortune to witness the horrors of the Rwandan genocide whilst working on a secondment for the UN. On top of all that, the champion of his cause, the British wildlife photographer Nick Gordon, whose life Mkoma saved in Rwanda, dropped dead of a heart attack in 2004.

I don't suppose he will get an obit, but he deserves one.

#50 Banshees Scream

Dwarf tosser

• Members
  • 5,416 posts

Posted 01 December 2007 - 07:28 PM

Devon Death Trip... if anything you deserve some kind of award from the so called 'panel' and you are very informative a majority of the time but you are also very misleading. No doubt I've claimed a few major names from you that will not disappoint me next year but relying on your claims I just hope it's not 'we didn't get a BBC obituary' because that would seriously piss me off. I really hope you have a realistic perspective as far as future obituaries go..

#51 Dave to the Grave

Shipman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 386 posts

Posted 04 December 2007 - 12:30 PM

View PostDevonDeathTrip, on Oct 30 2007, 10:57 PM, said:

The President of Somalia Abdullahi Yusuf Ahmed may be about to resign because of health reasons . Apparently a group of German doctors have been flown in to attend to him.

His BBC profile mentions that he had a liver transplant in the 1990s. This article says that on top of his liver problems, he also suffers from Parkinsons and Alzheimers.
Things seem to be looking bleak for the President

#52 The Miser

Executioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 687 posts

Posted 04 January 2008 - 07:06 PM

View PostDevonDeathTrip, on Oct 30 2007, 04:57 PM, said:

Somalia's interim President Abdullahi Yusuf has fallen ill and been flown to neighbouring Ethiopia for treatment.
A BBC correspondent says Mr Yusuf, 72, collapsed on Friday morning in the seat of government, Baidoa.
Prime Minister Nur Hussein Hassan said his condition was not serious, but close aides have suggested otherwise.
2008 DDP: 15th place. 2009 DDP: 25th place. 2010 DDP: 12th place. 2011 DDP: 12th place; 2012 DDP: 6th place.

2013 DDP: 15th place.

DEATH be not proud, though some have called thee
Mighty and dreadfull, for, thou art not so,
For, those, whom thou think'st, thou dost overthrow,
Die not, poore death, nor yet canst thou kill me.

#53 Guest_Guest_*

• Guests

Posted 03 February 2008 - 11:30 PM

The rebels are at Déby's gates. Maybe there'll be a hanging in Chad...

#54 DevonDeathTrip

Tractor Eater

• Moderators
  • 4,070 posts

Posted 16 February 2008 - 07:25 PM

Somali President Abdullahi Yusuf, normally mentioned because of his liver problems, has just survived a mortar attack on his house.

#55 DevonDeathTrip

Tractor Eater

• Moderators
  • 4,070 posts

Posted 31 March 2008 - 09:48 PM

Troubled waters for Malawi's President Bingu Mutharikahinga, who has been previously mentioned on DL. This article says his prostate cancer was already at an advanced stage when it was diagnosed and this one describes him as terminally ill. It also mentions he is digging his own grave, which might lead one to assume that he doesn't share the optimism of the Malawian Ministry of Information, who continue to insist Mutharikahinga is in good health.

State House sources say Mutharika visited the gravesite on Good Friday and was pleased with the construction works. The grave is just adjacent to the resting-place of the deceased First Lady Madame Ethel Mutharika. Mota Engil is constructing the President's grave for free as they are getting more business contracts from government. :skull:

#56 Banshees Scream

Dwarf tosser

• Members
  • 5,416 posts

Posted 31 March 2008 - 11:07 PM

(Bing u wa Mutha rika hanga) 'The assumed pronunciation?

Some names invented by human beings... (Shakes head)

#57 The Miser

Executioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 687 posts

Posted 16 April 2008 - 04:11 PM

Gambia: President Yahya Jammeh Diagnosed With HIV/Aids - Reveal Health Ministry Sources.

http://allafrica.com...0804160052.html

His wife will be bitter.
2008 DDP: 15th place. 2009 DDP: 25th place. 2010 DDP: 12th place. 2011 DDP: 12th place; 2012 DDP: 6th place.

2013 DDP: 15th place.

DEATH be not proud, though some have called thee
Mighty and dreadfull, for, thou art not so,
For, those, whom thou think'st, thou dost overthrow,
Die not, poore death, nor yet canst thou kill me.

#58 DevonDeathTrip

Tractor Eater

• Moderators
  • 4,070 posts

Posted 19 April 2008 - 05:24 PM

President Umaru Yar’Adua of Nigeria, who has been mentioned before, is believed to have been diagnosed with a rare incurable condition called Churg-Strauss Syndrome. He was flown out of the country to Germany last weekend after "suffering swellings all over his body".

#59 Madame Defarge

Little Dickens

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 753 posts

Posted 20 April 2008 - 02:03 AM

Thank you for that update , Devon , because Yar'Adua is my unique pick on DDP. Unfortunately, I did something I never do: look up a disease on the internet. Churg Strauss , despite sounding like a forgotten sib of Johann, isn't really something you want to deal with since it affects either the lungs and heart or kidney and liver. Per Wiki, it's always found in individuals with a previous history of allergies (yours truly). :angry: <_<
Think, in this batter'd Caravanserai
Whose Doorways are alternate Night and Day,
How Sultan after Sultan with his Pomp
Abode his Hour or two and went his way.

#60 Twelvetrees

Shipman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 323 posts

Posted 26 May 2008 - 05:27 PM

Changes in the Zimbabwean regime may not spell good news for fomer President Mengistu, who has been sentenced to death in absentia. Whoever succeeds Mugabe will have a tough call on this one.
"Clive Dunn is immortal"

Reply to this topic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users