2029 replies to this topic

#2021 pulphack

pulphack

Shipman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 279 posts

Posted 27 February 2015 - 09:45 AM

Make no apologies for returning to this thread as, after something jogged the memory on a.n.other forum, decided to revisit. Speed read it in a couple of sittings,and looked at the ridiculous thread set up when someone closed this.

I have only one thing to say (well a lot, actually, but I'll stick to one thing): the Potato man, Harvester of Souls and Windsor - if they are all still here, I do hope they've got a sense of proportion at last, come out of their intellectual ivory towers, and have realised that this is an internet forum, and as such is inherently pointless and stupid. As, sadly, were they. As are we all. There were some ridiculously self-important proclamations of the supposed intellectual ambitions they held for this forum (and, by extension, themselves) in there.

I think the likes of MPFC, Pooka and Godot knew this, and I exclude them from my pity.

As for the rest of the forum? Otherwise, still rather good on the whole.Nice to see it still here.

#2022 maryportfuncity

maryportfuncity

Dedicated Cumbrian Corpse Hound, or summat

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,151 posts

Posted 27 February 2015 - 11:08 AM

Make no apologies for returning to this thread as, after something jogged the memory on a.n.other forum, decided to revisit. Speed read it in a couple of sittings,and looked at the ridiculous thread set up when someone closed this.

I have only one thing to say (well a lot, actually, but I'll stick to one thing): the Potato man, Harvester of Souls and Windsor - if they are all still here, I do hope they've got a sense of proportion at last, come out of their intellectual ivory towers, and have realised that this is an internet forum, and as such is inherently pointless and stupid. As, sadly, were they. As are we all. There were some ridiculously self-important proclamations of the supposed intellectual ambitions they held for this forum (and, by extension, themselves) in there.

I think the likes of MPFC, Pooka and Godot knew this, and I exclude them from my pity.

As for the rest of the forum? Otherwise, still rather good on the whole.Nice to see it still here.

Aye, cheers for the vote of confidence, or summat. Back in the day the copious posting on this thread was regarded as extreme by some, whilst others saw the thread as akin to our common room. Looking at the tonnage of posts on a few other threads these days, this one doesn't seem so outlandish now.

Posted Image

Maryport is a disappointment for which there is no cure, but the annual Deathrace thread hereabouts provides welcome distraction.

#2023 Sir Creep

Sir Creep

Assassin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 800 posts

Posted 17 May 2015 - 12:27 PM

Just a thought: if someone started a thread about an individual and 12 years later you're still talking about his impending doom, it was a stupid fucking thread to begin with started by a damned fool who jumped the gun. Reminds me of the totally needless Angelina Jolie thread.
You should be chastising the person daily, not having actual discussion giving credence to the fool who posted the thread. Damn glorymongers, just want to start threads for no reason.
SC

2015 No Heartbeat Needed DP: Team - Cancel My Appointments
Ahmad Givens (DIED 2-21-2015)Stuart Scott (DIED 1-4-2015), Scott Putensky "Daisy Berkowitz", 'Little' Jimmy Dickens (DIED 1-3-2015), Bhumibal Adulyadej, Abdelaziz Bouteflika, Bart Starr, Bryan Weidmeier, Sam Simon (DIED 3-9-2015), Clive James, Henry McCullough, John Dingell, Fidel Castro, Jules Bianchi, Gino Odjick, Jerry Tarkanian (DIED 2-11-2015), Bryan Murray, 'Superstar' Billy Graham, Reverend Billy Graham, Lynne Stewart.

2015 Celebrity DP (Giraffe Boards): Team - Reaper's Keepers
Gordie Howe, Bryan Murray, Bart Starr, Jules Bianchi, Sam Simon (DIED 3-9-2015), Fidel Castro, Bryan Weidmeier, Jeff Golub (DIED 1-1-2015), Gino Odjick, Jaswant Singh, Lynne Stewart, Rev Billy Graham, "Superstar" Billy Graham.

2015 Necronomicon Suh DP (Doug Stanhope site) - Sir Creep
Abdelaziz Bouteflika, King Abdullah (DIED 1-23-2015), Ahmad Givens (DIED 2-21-2015), Bart Starr, Bhumibal Adulyadej, Bob Benmosche (DIED 2-27-2015), Bobbi Kristina Brown, Bryan Murray, Fidel Castro, Cardinal Francis George (DIED 4-17-2015), Gino Odjick, James R. Messenger, Jaswant Singh, Jules Bianchi, Lynne Stewart, Magomed Abdusalamov, Martin Crowe, Oliver Sacks, Rebecca D. Lockhart (DIED 1-17-2015), Sam Simon (DIED 3-9-2015).

#2024 time

time

Lord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,242 posts

Posted 17 May 2015 - 12:48 PM

There still are  :)

• Toast likes this

2015 DDP Team (Time's-up team) Richard Davies (Joker), Emile Ford, Daphne Fowler, John Glenn, Bernard Haitink, Gerald Harper, Buck Henry, Colin Jeavons, George Johnson, Patricia Knatchbull, Sheila Mercier, Les Munro, Cormac Murphy O’Connor, Pete Murray, I.M. Pei, Dudley Simpson, Nobby Stiles, Joseph Wapner, Peter Wyngarde, Jimmy Young

2015 DDP Theme Team (...and its goodnight from him etc): Ronald Atkins, Ron Brown, Ronnie CarrollRonald Chesney, Ronnie Corbett, Ronnie Walter Cunningham, Ronnie Dawson, Ron Ely, Ronald Baron Fearn, Ron Flowers, Ronnie Gilbert, Ronald Harwood, Ronald Hines, Ron Isley, Ronnie Moore, Ronnie Moran, Ronnie Ronalde, Ron Smith, Ronald Stevenson, Ron Suart (Joker)

Deathrace 2015 Team: Eric 'Winkle' Brown, Richard Davies, Emile Ford, Daphne Fowler, John Glenn, Bernard Haitink, Gerald Harper, Colin Jeavons, George Johnson, Patricia Knatchbull, Sheila Mercier (Joker), Les Munro, Cormac Murphy O’Connor, Pete Murray, I.M. Pei, Dudley Simpson, Nobby Stiles, Joseph Wapner, Peter Wyngarde, Jimmy Young

2015 Hartlepool Deadlypool Team: Ethel LangEric 'Winkle' Brown, Rev Billy Graham, Doris Day, Richard Davies, Vera Lynn, Kirk Douglas, George 'Johnny' Johnson, Javier Perez De Cuellar, Al Molinaro, Subs: BB KingMary Quant

I have CDO. It's like OCD except the letters are in alphabetical order, as they should be.

#2025 maryportfuncity

maryportfuncity

• Members
  • 12,151 posts

Posted 17 May 2015 - 01:36 PM

Cheers Time, much appreciated, as is the cheesy shot of Katy Manning and the Dalek (didn't that cost her the job, or summat?)

Nice to visit the old common room - Dickie O' thread - once in a while.

Posted Image

Maryport is a disappointment for which there is no cure, but the annual Deathrace thread hereabouts provides welcome distraction.

#2026 Dr. Zorders

Dr. Zorders

IsCastroDeadYet.com

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,792 posts

Posted 17 May 2015 - 01:48 PM

Just a thought: if someone started a thread about an individual and 12 years later you're still talking about his impending doom, it was a stupid fucking thread to begin with started by a damned fool who jumped the gun. Reminds me of the totally needless Angelina Jolie thread.
You should be chastising the person daily, not having actual discussion giving credence to the fool who posted the thread. Damn glorymongers, just want to start threads for no reason.
SC

You obviously haven't read through this thread....... or seen the "recent" pics of the guy? (2009)

Note how he's got a walking stick that looks like it's probably called a "HobblePro" or something. and a look on his face like an angry obese rat who keeps having his food stockpiles raided by squirrels. It was clearly some sort of nuclear megastroke and he's "lucky" to still be here (or... maybe unlucky).

Your latest thread-police raid is about as misplaced as one of Mr. Roper's attempts to curb the wild hedonistic lifestyles of his tenants!

• Magere Hein, Handrejka and RandomGuest like this

Dr. Zorders' 2015 supermegadeathlist, A.K.A. Fidel Castro's Three-Stroke Challenge (3/50)
(numbers 1.-20. = my DDP entry Dead and Deader II)
1. Rob Ford 2. joker.gifSam Simon 3. Art Paul 4. Edward Albee 5. Fred Jarvis 6. Geoffrey Howe 7. Denis Healey 8. Bob Falkenburg 9. Lex Luger 10. Edgar Ray Killen 11. Alan Simpson 12. Jean Nidetch 13. Demis Roussos 14. Frank Lucas 15. Clifton James 16. Dr. George C. Nichopoulos 17. Adolf Burger 18. Paul Volcker 19. Peter Sutcliffe 20. Fidel Castro 21. Robert Mugabe 22. Theodore Kaczynski 23. Rev. Billy Graham 24. Kirk Douglas 25. Olivia de Haviland 26. George Soros 27. Rupert Murdoch 28. Vincent Kennedy McMahon 29. Josef Fritzl 30. James Holmes 31. Muhammad Ali 32. Bob Dole 33. Mikhail Gorbachev 34. John B. Anderson 35. Frankie Boyle 36. Clive James 37. Arnold Palmer 38. King Juan Carlos of Spain 39. Gudrun Himmler 40. George R.R. Martin 41. Lyndon LaRouche 42. Stein Eriksen 43. Bernard Ecclestone 44. Roger Moore 45. Hugh Hefner 46. Roger Law 47. Jeremy Clarkson 48. Maurice Strong 49. Dick Passwater 50. Prince Philip

Spoiler

#2027 time

time

Lord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,242 posts

Posted 17 May 2015 - 01:59 PM

Cheers Time, much appreciated, as is the cheesy shot of Katy Manning and the Dalek (didn't that cost her the job, or summat?)

That was pulphack.

The photoshoot was some years after she left Dr. Who.

2015 DDP Team (Time's-up team) Richard Davies (Joker), Emile Ford, Daphne Fowler, John Glenn, Bernard Haitink, Gerald Harper, Buck Henry, Colin Jeavons, George Johnson, Patricia Knatchbull, Sheila Mercier, Les Munro, Cormac Murphy O’Connor, Pete Murray, I.M. Pei, Dudley Simpson, Nobby Stiles, Joseph Wapner, Peter Wyngarde, Jimmy Young

2015 DDP Theme Team (...and its goodnight from him etc): Ronald Atkins, Ron Brown, Ronnie CarrollRonald Chesney, Ronnie Corbett, Ronnie Walter Cunningham, Ronnie Dawson, Ron Ely, Ronald Baron Fearn, Ron Flowers, Ronnie Gilbert, Ronald Harwood, Ronald Hines, Ron Isley, Ronnie Moore, Ronnie Moran, Ronnie Ronalde, Ron Smith, Ronald Stevenson, Ron Suart (Joker)

Deathrace 2015 Team: Eric 'Winkle' Brown, Richard Davies, Emile Ford, Daphne Fowler, John Glenn, Bernard Haitink, Gerald Harper, Colin Jeavons, George Johnson, Patricia Knatchbull, Sheila Mercier (Joker), Les Munro, Cormac Murphy O’Connor, Pete Murray, I.M. Pei, Dudley Simpson, Nobby Stiles, Joseph Wapner, Peter Wyngarde, Jimmy Young

2015 Hartlepool Deadlypool Team: Ethel LangEric 'Winkle' Brown, Rev Billy Graham, Doris Day, Richard Davies, Vera Lynn, Kirk Douglas, George 'Johnny' Johnson, Javier Perez De Cuellar, Al Molinaro, Subs: BB KingMary Quant

I have CDO. It's like OCD except the letters are in alphabetical order, as they should be.

#2028 maryportfuncity

maryportfuncity

• Members
  • 12,151 posts

Posted 17 May 2015 - 08:33 PM

That was pulphack.

The photoshoot was some years after she left Dr. Who.

So, she left him for a Dalek, then? Always the rough blokes who get the tastiest women, or summat.

Posted Image

#2029 John Kettley

John Kettley

Like a Hurricane

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 18 May 2015 - 12:22 PM

Dickie's former Robin's Nest squeeze Tessa Wyatt and old mucker George Layton both appear in tomorrow's Doctors episode, obviously in a BOGOF deal. It would be great, if unlikely, to see Richard sneaked out of Brinsworth for a daytrip to Letherbridge one of these days.

#2030 maryportfuncity

maryportfuncity

• Members
  • 12,151 posts

Posted 18 May 2015 - 02:06 PM

Dickie's former Robin's Nest squeeze Tessa Wyatt and old mucker George Layton both appear in tomorrow's Doctors episode, obviously in a BOGOF deal. It would be great, if unlikely, to see Richard sneaked out of Brinsworth for a daytrip to Letherbridge one of these days.

He could, like, play a stroke patient.

Posted Image

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users