2021 replies to this topic

#2021 pulphack

pulphack

Shipman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 279 posts

Posted 27 February 2015 - 09:45 AM

Make no apologies for returning to this thread as, after something jogged the memory on a.n.other forum, decided to revisit. Speed read it in a couple of sittings,and looked at the ridiculous thread set up when someone closed this.

I have only one thing to say (well a lot, actually, but I'll stick to one thing): the Potato man, Harvester of Souls and Windsor - if they are all still here, I do hope they've got a sense of proportion at last, come out of their intellectual ivory towers, and have realised that this is an internet forum, and as such is inherently pointless and stupid. As, sadly, were they. As are we all. There were some ridiculously self-important proclamations of the supposed intellectual ambitions they held for this forum (and, by extension, themselves) in there.

I think the likes of MPFC, Pooka and Godot knew this, and I exclude them from my pity.

As for the rest of the forum? Otherwise, still rather good on the whole.Nice to see it still here.

#2022 maryportfuncity

maryportfuncity

Dedicated Cumbrian Corpse Hound, or summat

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,932 posts

Posted 27 February 2015 - 11:08 AM

Make no apologies for returning to this thread as, after something jogged the memory on a.n.other forum, decided to revisit. Speed read it in a couple of sittings,and looked at the ridiculous thread set up when someone closed this.

I have only one thing to say (well a lot, actually, but I'll stick to one thing): the Potato man, Harvester of Souls and Windsor - if they are all still here, I do hope they've got a sense of proportion at last, come out of their intellectual ivory towers, and have realised that this is an internet forum, and as such is inherently pointless and stupid. As, sadly, were they. As are we all. There were some ridiculously self-important proclamations of the supposed intellectual ambitions they held for this forum (and, by extension, themselves) in there.

I think the likes of MPFC, Pooka and Godot knew this, and I exclude them from my pity.

As for the rest of the forum? Otherwise, still rather good on the whole.Nice to see it still here.

Aye, cheers for the vote of confidence, or summat. Back in the day the copious posting on this thread was regarded as extreme by some, whilst others saw the thread as akin to our common room. Looking at the tonnage of posts on a few other threads these days, this one doesn't seem so outlandish now.

Posted Image

Maryport is a disappointment for which there is no cure, but the annual Deathrace thread hereabouts provides welcome distraction.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users