2066 replies to this topic

#2021 pulphack

pulphack

Shipman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 279 posts

Posted 27 February 2015 - 09:45 AM

Make no apologies for returning to this thread as, after something jogged the memory on a.n.other forum, decided to revisit. Speed read it in a couple of sittings,and looked at the ridiculous thread set up when someone closed this.

I have only one thing to say (well a lot, actually, but I'll stick to one thing): the Potato man, Harvester of Souls and Windsor - if they are all still here, I do hope they've got a sense of proportion at last, come out of their intellectual ivory towers, and have realised that this is an internet forum, and as such is inherently pointless and stupid. As, sadly, were they. As are we all. There were some ridiculously self-important proclamations of the supposed intellectual ambitions they held for this forum (and, by extension, themselves) in there.

I think the likes of MPFC, Pooka and Godot knew this, and I exclude them from my pity.

As for the rest of the forum? Otherwise, still rather good on the whole.Nice to see it still here.

#2022 maryportfuncity

maryportfuncity

Dedicated Cumbrian Corpse Hound, or summat

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,557 posts

Posted 27 February 2015 - 11:08 AM

Make no apologies for returning to this thread as, after something jogged the memory on a.n.other forum, decided to revisit. Speed read it in a couple of sittings,and looked at the ridiculous thread set up when someone closed this.

I have only one thing to say (well a lot, actually, but I'll stick to one thing): the Potato man, Harvester of Souls and Windsor - if they are all still here, I do hope they've got a sense of proportion at last, come out of their intellectual ivory towers, and have realised that this is an internet forum, and as such is inherently pointless and stupid. As, sadly, were they. As are we all. There were some ridiculously self-important proclamations of the supposed intellectual ambitions they held for this forum (and, by extension, themselves) in there.

I think the likes of MPFC, Pooka and Godot knew this, and I exclude them from my pity.

As for the rest of the forum? Otherwise, still rather good on the whole.Nice to see it still here.

Aye, cheers for the vote of confidence, or summat. Back in the day the copious posting on this thread was regarded as extreme by some, whilst others saw the thread as akin to our common room. Looking at the tonnage of posts on a few other threads these days, this one doesn't seem so outlandish now.

Maryport is a disappointment for which there is no cure, but the annual Deathrace thread hereabouts provides welcome distraction.maryport2if5.jpg

#2023 Sir Creep

Sir Creep

Twunt Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,501 posts

Posted 17 May 2015 - 12:27 PM

Just a thought: if someone started a thread about an individual and 12 years later you're still talking about his impending doom, it was a stupid fucking thread to begin with started by a damned fool who jumped the gun. Reminds me of the totally needless Angelina Jolie thread.
You should be chastising the person daily, not having actual discussion giving credence to the fool who posted the thread. Damn glorymongers, just want to start threads for no reason.
SC

2015 Shaun's Death By Numbers -- CHAMPION --- 269 points 8/50
2015 Necronomicon Suh DP (Doug Stanhope site) - Sir Creep -- CHAMPION 546 points 12/20, 86 teams 

2016 Unofficial Second Fucking Place (USFP) - Deathrace2016 :-)

2016 DDP Teams: (Main team: Cancel My Appointments (7/20), Theme team: Gris Gris (1/20), Theme team: The afterlife of Brian (0/20)

2016 Shadow List:  (13 / 50)
Tony Adamowicz, René Angelíl​, John Bain, Barbara Barrie, Anthony Booth, OJ Brigance, Jimmy Carter, Nuon Chea, Ray Columbus, Prof. Irwin Corey, Martin Crowe, Johan Cruyff, Clive Derby-Lewis, Jenny Diski, John Dingell, Bob Ellis, Peter Esterhazy, Mark Farren, Joey Feek, Rob Ford, Ronnie Gaylon, Donnie Gaylon, Superstar Billy Graham, Patrick Harrington Jr. , Ken Hechler, John Jay Hooker, Jim Kelly, Ayatollah Khemenei, Steven LaTourette, Jeannie Little, Howard Marks, Judy Martz, Sir Peter Maxwell-Davies, Henry McCullough, Emma Morano (Martinuzzi), Blackjack Mulligan, Susannah Mushatt Jones, Yoshiro Nakamatsu, Richard Overton, Sharon Percy Rockefeller, Wesley Pipes, Sumner Redstone, Peter Sarstedt, Andrew Smith, Huston Smith, Douglas Slocombe, Nobby Stiles, Prince Mikasa Takahito, Aimee Willett, Malala Yousafzai.

#2024 time

time

Lord

• Members
  • 3,801 posts

Posted 17 May 2015 - 12:48 PM

There still are  :)

• Toast likes this

I have CDO. It's like OCD except the letters are in alphabetical order, as they should be.

#2025 maryportfuncity

maryportfuncity

• Members
  • 13,557 posts

Posted 17 May 2015 - 01:36 PM

Cheers Time, much appreciated, as is the cheesy shot of Katy Manning and the Dalek (didn't that cost her the job, or summat?)

Nice to visit the old common room - Dickie O' thread - once in a while.

Maryport is a disappointment for which there is no cure, but the annual Deathrace thread hereabouts provides welcome distraction.maryport2if5.jpg

#2026 Dr. Zorders

Dr. Zorders

IsCastroDeadYet.edu

• Members
  • 3,573 posts

Posted 17 May 2015 - 01:48 PM

Just a thought: if someone started a thread about an individual and 12 years later you're still talking about his impending doom, it was a stupid fucking thread to begin with started by a damned fool who jumped the gun. Reminds me of the totally needless Angelina Jolie thread.
You should be chastising the person daily, not having actual discussion giving credence to the fool who posted the thread. Damn glorymongers, just want to start threads for no reason.
SC

You obviously haven't read through this thread....... or seen the "recent" pics of the guy? (2009)

Note how he's got a walking stick that looks like it's probably called a "HobblePro" or something. and a look on his face like an angry obese rat who keeps having his food stockpiles raided by squirrels. It was clearly some sort of nuclear megastroke and he's "lucky" to still be here (or... maybe unlucky).

Your latest thread-police raid is about as misplaced as one of Mr. Roper's attempts to curb the wild hedonistic lifestyles of his tenants!

• Magere Hein, Handrejka, Bibliogryphon and 1 other like this

#2027 time

time

Lord

• Members
  • 3,801 posts

Posted 17 May 2015 - 01:59 PM

Cheers Time, much appreciated, as is the cheesy shot of Katy Manning and the Dalek (didn't that cost her the job, or summat?)

That was pulphack.

The photoshoot was some years after she left Dr. Who.

I have CDO. It's like OCD except the letters are in alphabetical order, as they should be.

#2028 maryportfuncity

maryportfuncity

• Members
  • 13,557 posts

Posted 17 May 2015 - 08:33 PM

That was pulphack.

The photoshoot was some years after she left Dr. Who.

So, she left him for a Dalek, then? Always the rough blokes who get the tastiest women, or summat.

#2029 John Kettley

John Kettley

Like a Hurricane

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91 posts

Posted 18 May 2015 - 12:22 PM

Dickie's former Robin's Nest squeeze Tessa Wyatt and old mucker George Layton both appear in tomorrow's Doctors episode, obviously in a BOGOF deal. It would be great, if unlikely, to see Richard sneaked out of Brinsworth for a daytrip to Letherbridge one of these days.

#2030 maryportfuncity

maryportfuncity

• Members
  • 13,557 posts

Posted 18 May 2015 - 02:06 PM

Dickie's former Robin's Nest squeeze Tessa Wyatt and old mucker George Layton both appear in tomorrow's Doctors episode, obviously in a BOGOF deal. It would be great, if unlikely, to see Richard sneaked out of Brinsworth for a daytrip to Letherbridge one of these days.

He could, like, play a stroke patient.

#2031 time

time

Lord

• Members
  • 3,801 posts

Posted 08 October 2015 - 03:03 PM

Someone's trying to start a 'help Dickie' arsebook page.

#2032 Magere Hein

Magere Hein

MH: normal field

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,155 posts

Posted 08 October 2015 - 03:06 PM

Aren't we good enough?

DDP 2016 team The Grey Horde (3/20): Sister Wendy, Belmondo, Bettencourt, Crowe joker.gif, Feek, Ford, Glenn, Gorbachev, Rev Graham, Kissinger, Kohl, Leonov, Madoff, Mugabe, Mushatt Jones, O'Connor, Li , Tereshkova, van der Westhuizen, Yeager
DDP 2016 theme team Minions of Xuleneb (0/20): Albert II, Andriessen, Beatrix, Bernhard, Bloembergen, Brokken, Ceulemans, de Jong, Eyskens, Grönloh, Haitink, van 't Hek, Janssen, Jean I, Krebbers, Ricksen joker.gif, Rijvers, Santer, Thielemans, Veltman
DDP 2016 theme team Next slide, please (1/20): Attenborough, Blakemore, Bodmer, Close, Conway Morris, Dawkins, Greenfield, Longair, Meurig Thomas, Morris joker.gif, Graham-Smith, Hewish, Krebs, Phillips, Rothwell, Stewart, Sulston, Wolff, Wolpert, Zeeman

Do I contradict myself? Very well, then I contradict myself, I am large, I contain multitudes.

#2033 maryportfuncity

maryportfuncity

• Members
  • 13,557 posts

Posted 22 February 2016 - 03:49 PM

So anyway. there's relative newcomers hereabouts wondering if the tonnage of posts on the Zsa Zsa and/or Castro thread(s) are remarkable, I thought I'd let post 2033 on this thread speak for itself.

• Cat O'Falk and Deathray like this

#2034 msc

msc

I Need To Get A Life!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,709 posts

Posted 22 February 2016 - 04:30 PM

So anyway. there's relative newcomers hereabouts wondering if the tonnage of posts on the Zsa Zsa and/or Castro thread(s) are remarkable, I thought I'd let post 2033 on this thread speak for itself.

True story.

When I first saw this thread (nearly a decade ago) I had never heard of the actor in question, so my first thoughts were: "Blimey, the horse racing guy is very popular here".

• maryportfuncity and Deathray like this

Pan Breed 2016: J Feek (joker), R Angelil, M Crowe, J Diski, R Ford, E Lubbock, Bishop G Robinson, J vd Westhuizen, M Farren, B Brown, R Kincaid, H Marks, Rev S McDonald, S LaTourette, K Farnham, A Smith, N Stiles, M Sims, P Gartside, K Granger

Other teams combined: R Atkins, C Bossom, A McQuarrie, L Carrington, L Chalfont, P Duffy, M Shaw, J Dunnett, R Murray, B Trumpington, R Buxton, M Gordon, J Knight, J Ramsden, R Sheldon, L Strathcona, E Cockeram, E du Cann, R Eyre, M Holt, E Cameron, A Yarrow, P Sallis, D Simpson, G Sterne, N Parsons, W Russell, D Pelmear, G Bayldon, D Graham, B Sellars, GA Cooper, M Perry, Y Churchman, J Garbutt, L Webb, W Lucas, A Marrane, G Houston, G Palmer, F Ricksen, R Smith, K Travis, G Banks, J Carter, G Campbell, J Woodward, S Redstone, A Hintsa,  J Cruyff, Michael of Romania, R Adams, M Anderson, L Bettencourt, ER Braithwaite, G Hamilton, V Lynn, D Wilmer, H Wouk, D Slocombe, M Wilson, C Hollingworth, RF Dorr, M Brinson, V Caslavska, S Mushatt-Jones, E Morano, P Esterhazy, I St-John, R Romero, J Ace, P Maxwell-Davies, M Czarnecki, J Lovelock, Philip, ZZ Gabor, R Dotrice, D Ellis, B Forsyth, C Eastwood Total: 18/100

2015: 21/100
2014: 24/100
2013: 28/100
2012: 25/100
Shadow Deathlist 2011- 10/50

#2035 maryportfuncity

maryportfuncity

• Members
  • 13,557 posts

Posted 22 February 2016 - 07:32 PM

Oh aye, and - for the benefit of you newbies - one problem with the Dickie O thread here was the amount of time people kept dragging it back to the top and posting marginally relevant and inconsequential rambles, you know, like the one in this post.

• Bibliogryphon likes this

#2036 Paul Bearer

Paul Bearer

Zombie Administrator

• Admin
  • 6,927 posts

Posted 22 February 2016 - 07:34 PM

I was hoping this thread had finally been put to rest. Cheers Maryport.
  • Deathray likes this
This is true my form is something odd,
But blaming me is blaming God;
Could I create myself anew
I would not fail in pleasing you.

#2037 msc

msc

I Need To Get A Life!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,709 posts

Posted 22 February 2016 - 07:36 PM

So you'd say you're a rambling man, MPFC?

Think on the bright side. When O'Sullivan actually dies, someone somewhere is going to read through this entire thread from the start.

Hello to annoyed guest posters and new forumites from the future - bet you're fed up right about now. Don't worry, only another few dozen pages to go now...

• Bibliogryphon likes this

Pan Breed 2016: J Feek (joker), R Angelil, M Crowe, J Diski, R Ford, E Lubbock, Bishop G Robinson, J vd Westhuizen, M Farren, B Brown, R Kincaid, H Marks, Rev S McDonald, S LaTourette, K Farnham, A Smith, N Stiles, M Sims, P Gartside, K Granger

Other teams combined: R Atkins, C Bossom, A McQuarrie, L Carrington, L Chalfont, P Duffy, M Shaw, J Dunnett, R Murray, B Trumpington, R Buxton, M Gordon, J Knight, J Ramsden, R Sheldon, L Strathcona, E Cockeram, E du Cann, R Eyre, M Holt, E Cameron, A Yarrow, P Sallis, D Simpson, G Sterne, N Parsons, W Russell, D Pelmear, G Bayldon, D Graham, B Sellars, GA Cooper, M Perry, Y Churchman, J Garbutt, L Webb, W Lucas, A Marrane, G Houston, G Palmer, F Ricksen, R Smith, K Travis, G Banks, J Carter, G Campbell, J Woodward, S Redstone, A Hintsa,  J Cruyff, Michael of Romania, R Adams, M Anderson, L Bettencourt, ER Braithwaite, G Hamilton, V Lynn, D Wilmer, H Wouk, D Slocombe, M Wilson, C Hollingworth, RF Dorr, M Brinson, V Caslavska, S Mushatt-Jones, E Morano, P Esterhazy, I St-John, R Romero, J Ace, P Maxwell-Davies, M Czarnecki, J Lovelock, Philip, ZZ Gabor, R Dotrice, D Ellis, B Forsyth, C Eastwood Total: 18/100

2015: 21/100
2014: 24/100
2013: 28/100
2012: 25/100
Shadow Deathlist 2011- 10/50

#2038 Lord Fellatio Nelson

Lord Fellatio Nelson

Follically Challenged Bastard

• Members
  • 3,379 posts

Posted 22 February 2016 - 08:16 PM

I was hoping this thread had finally been put to rest. Cheers Maryport.

Curmudgeon. :lol:

The first to ask "Is he dead yet?" about Castro...............ignore piss poor imitators. :D Hartlepool Deadlypool 2016 list Candidates:Olivia De HavillandCarol ChanningJean AlexanderKirk DouglasPaul GascoigneDoris DayAbe VigodaCliff MichelmoreClifton JamesMichael SchumacherSubs: Sean Connery and Ronnie Corbett <p> 

#2039 themaninblack

themaninblack

Pun Plunderer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,022 posts

Posted 22 February 2016 - 09:16 PM

I've got a lot to thank (or maybe curse) Richard O'Sullivan for...

If it wasn't for chance watching of the "Man About the House" film in 2005, I would not have been curious as to his current whereabouts. It was a look through Google (or was it Yahoo?) which took me to this thread on this website, without which I wouldn't have discovered the Derby Dead Pool, which I took part in in and eventually run as host.

So thanks Dickie for making every Christmas since 2009 that bit busier! :)

"I must have killed more men than Cecil B. DeMille."

Gene Wilder as "the Waco Kid", Blazing Saddles (1974)

#2040 Phantom

Phantom

Saddo

• Members
  • 6,860 posts

Posted 22 February 2016 - 09:23 PM

I've got a lot to thank (or maybe curse) Richard O'Sullivan for...

If it wasn't for chance watching of the "Man About the House" film in 2005, I would not have been curious as to his current whereabouts. It was a look through Google (or was it Yahoo?) which took me to this thread on this website, without which I wouldn't have discovered the Derby Dead Pool, which I took part in in and eventually run as host.

So thanks Dickie for making every Christmas since 2009 that bit busier! :)

I owe a lot to Tessa Wyatt.

It's always funny until someone gets hurt, and then it's hilarious.

-------

A good line never dies, It just smells funny

----
Phantom's Pick 'n' Mix 4/20 - 48th

1. Joey Feek (joker), 2. Martin Crowe, 3.  Tony Booth, 4. Johan Cryuff, 5. Gordon Banks, 6. Jimmy Greaves, 7. Nancy Reagan, 8. Robert M. Pirsig, 9. Patricia Hitchcock, 10. Ian St. John, 11. Jerry Maren, 12. Peter Vaughan, 13. Ian Brady, 14. Peter Sutcliffe, 15. Jimmy Perry, 16. Daisy Berkowitz, 17. Billy Graham, 18. Jaoa Havelenge, 19. Liz Dawn, 20. Sylvia Miles

Sad Last Days (Theme Team) 1/20 - Joint 262nd

1. Macaulay Culkin (Joker), 2, Zsa Zsa Gabor, 3. Sean Connory, 4. Roger Moore, 5.  Ursula Andress, 6. Kirk Douglas, 7. Angela Lansbury, 8. Mary Tyler Moore, 9. Linda Ronstadt, 10. Kenny Rogers, 11. James Caan, 12. Sophia Loren. 13.  George H.W. Bush, 14.  Doris Day, 15. Cher, 16. Jerry Lee Lewis, 17.  Nancy Reagan, 18. Burt Reynolds, 19 Muhammed Ali, 20. Bill Cosby

2016 Shadow List

4/50

Caroline Aherne, ean Alexander, Muhammed Ali, Rene Angelil, Gordon Banks,  Daisy Berkowitz, Tom "Dynamite Kid" Billington, Tony Booth, Ian Brady, George H.W Bush, Jacques Chirac, Beverly Cleary, Martin Crowe, Liz Dawn, Bob Dole, Clarissa Eden, Joey Feek, Janet Fielding, June Foray, Zsa Zsa Gabor, Gaston Glock, Billy Graham, "Superstar" Billy Graham, Jimmy Greaves, Rolf Harris, Joao Havelange, Patricia Hitchcock, Clare Hollingworth, Clive James, Helmut Kohl, Jerry Maren, Sylvia Miles, Joni Mitchell, Walter Mondale, Mary Tyler Moore, Hosni Mubarak, Robert Mugabe, Denis Norden, Jimmy Perry, Leslie Phillips, Nancy Reagan, Debbie Reynolds, Don Rickles, Sonny Rollins, Peter Sallis, Dudley Simpson, Ian St. John, Jackie Stallone, Peter Sutcliffe, Peter Vaughan.

Winner of the 2014 Wojciech Jarulzelski sweepstakes

DDP 2015 - 29th - DDP 2014 4/20 - Joint 71st , DDP 2013 11/20 - Joint 24th, DDP 2012 8/20 - Joint 47th

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users