#2001 millwall32

millwall32

Post-Twunt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 12:03 AM

hi Windsor
no....I haven't heard anything about him (other than whats already been posted here) . I was purely interested in what he was up to . I presume he is still at
Brinsworth ?
Since I was last a regular here , my work situation has taken a slight turn for the worst (so no SKY now...economies had to be made) . Therefore I cant watch him on GOLD like I used to......

Man About The House is currently being repeated on ITV3...

To be replaced by Man about the Hearse?

LOL.
The mother of idiots is always pregnant.

"Guess what. I've got a fever. And the only prescription is MORE COWBELL."

#2002 millwall32

millwall32

Post-Twunt

• Members
  • 1,092 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 12:08 AM

As far as I can tell there's been no solid news since that photo story in the Daily Mail in 2009.(And I do remember how that story set this forum all aflutter).
Chances are that he'll be around for years to come.

#2003 maryportfuncity

maryportfuncity

Dedicated Cumbrian Corpse Hound, or summat

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,791 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 05:23 PM

I'm guessing a few of us regularly Google the man and trawl nowt. Nice to see our common room/favourite thread, bouncing back, mind!
Posted Image

Maryport is a disappointment for which there is no cure, but the annual Deathrace thread hereabouts provides welcome distraction.

#2004 Lard Bazaar

Lard Bazaar

Bang! And the dirt is gone!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,370 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 06:12 PM

Now if ANYONE has to be the successor to Dunn, surely Dick O must be it?

#2005 millwall32

millwall32

Post-Twunt

• Members
  • 1,092 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 10:50 PM

On the one hand Dickie O does seem to interest a lot of Deathlisters the way Clive Dunn did.
On the other hand, like Clive Dunn, his retirement does seem to be very quiet and it doesn't generate a lot of news.

#2006 maryportfuncity

maryportfuncity

• Members
  • 11,791 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 11:40 PM

On the one hand Dickie O does seem to interest a lot of Deathlisters the way Clive Dunn did.
On the other hand, like Clive Dunn, his retirement does seem to be very quiet and it doesn't generate a lot of news.

Aye, the long game AKA dead pooling for the discerning fan!
Posted Image

Maryport is a disappointment for which there is no cure, but the annual Deathrace thread hereabouts provides welcome distraction.

#2007 millwall32

millwall32

Post-Twunt

• Members
  • 1,092 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 12:30 AM

I agree, Dickie O is one for the old-school Deathlister.

#2008 maryportfuncity

maryportfuncity

• Members
  • 11,791 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 08:33 AM

What were we thinking? He had a birthday (68) a week ago and we ignored it.

Doubtless there was cholesterol rich cake consumed in Brinsworth House; go well Dickie!
Posted Image

#2009 Harvester Of Souls

Harvester Of Souls

Assassin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 936 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 01:23 PM

I agree, Dickie O is one for the old-school Deathlister.

This is actually the reason I decided to pop back in... Nice what they've done with the place...

Necrophilia. The Unrivaled Feeling Of Cracking Open A Cold One.

#2010 maryportfuncity

maryportfuncity

• Members
  • 11,791 posts

Posted 02 November 2013 - 12:28 PM

HOT NEWS!!!!

Just over six months ago someone posted the end of a lacklustre interview with Terry Wogan, first screened in 1989.

It's Dickie O comeback time, or summat:

Posted Image

#2011 maryportfuncity

maryportfuncity

• Members
  • 11,791 posts

Posted 02 November 2013 - 12:29 PM

Oh aye, and this thread will be ten years old in December!
Posted Image

#2012 Dr. Zorders

Dr. Zorders

IsCastroDeadYet.com

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,720 posts

Posted 22 June 2014 - 03:36 AM

I've been reading this thread and.......

No-one seems to have noticed or pointed out that Robin Tripp (name of his character in "Man About the House" and "Robin's Nest") could very easily be mis-spoken (especially if drunk) as Ribin Tropp.......

See, there's a Nazi connection in everything if you look hard enough.

In fact Dick was born almost exactly a year (minus a week) before a very much more famous Nazi committed suicide. Sigh, if only it he had been born a year later I could have even speculated about him being the reincarnation.....

Dr. Zorders' 2015 supermegadeathlist, A.K.A. The 2005 T-in-the-Park Cark-in-the-Dark Sweepstakes, Brought to you by Limited Edition Netto-Value-Champagne-Flavoured Skittles (1/50)
(numbers 1.-20. = my DDP entry Dead and Deader II)
1. Rob Ford 2. joker.gifSam Simon 3. Art Paul 4. Edward Albee 5. Fred Jarvis 6. Geoffrey Howe 7. Denis Healey 8. Bob Falkenburg 9. Lex Luger 10. Edgar Ray Killen 11. Alan Simpson 12. Jean Nidetch 13. Demis Roussos 14. Frank Lucas 15. Clifton James 16. Dr. George C. Nichopoulos 17. Adolf Burger 18. Paul Volcker 19. Peter Sutcliffe 20. Fidel Castro 21. Robert Mugabe 22. Theodore Kaczynski 23. Rev. Billy Graham 24. Kirk Douglas 25. Olivia de Haviland 26. George Soros 27. Rupert Murdoch 28. Vincent Kennedy McMahon 29. Josef Fritzl 30. James Holmes 31. Muhammad Ali 32. Bob Dole 33. Mikhail Gorbachev 34. John B. Anderson 35. Frankie Boyle 36. Clive James 37. Arnold Palmer 38. King Juan Carlos of Spain 39. Gudrun Himmler 40. George R.R. Martin 41. Lyndon LaRouche 42. Stein Eriksen 43. Bernard Ecclestone 44. Roger Moore 45. Hugh Hefner 46. Roger Law 47. Jeremy Clarkson 48. Maurice Strong 49. Dick Passwater 50. Prince Philip

#2013 Lord Fellatio Nelson

Lord Fellatio Nelson

Post twunt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,286 posts

Posted 22 June 2014 - 11:09 AM

No-one seems to have noticed or pointed out that Robin Tripp (name of his character in "Man About the House" and "Robin's Nest") could very easily be mis-spoken (especially if drunk) as Ribin Tropp.......

In fact Dick was born almost exactly a year (minus a week) before a very much more famous Nazi committed suicide. Sigh, if only it he had been born a year later I could have even speculated about him being the reincarnation.....

You make BS seem like Stephen Hawking.

The first to ask "Is he dead yet?" about Castro...............ignore piss poor imitators. :D

2015 Hartlepool Deadly Pool Team: The Wankers Arms PH

Candidates:
Olivia De Havilland
Carol Channing
Ronnie Corbett
Kirk Douglas
Jimmy Hill
Doris Day
Abe Vigoda
Maureen O'Hara
Clifton James
Louis Jourdan

Subs: Sean Connery and Christopher Lee

#2014 Toast

Toast

Sanctuary Seller

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,992 posts

Posted 23 June 2014 - 01:14 PM

Please leave Bruce Springsteen out of this. Fanx.

DDP teams:
I'm Sorry For Your Trouble
Nearer My God To Thee
Long Shot Kick De Bucket

"What do we say to the God of Death?"

"Not today."

"There's no cure for being a cunt." 

(Game Of Thrones)

#2015 Lord Fellatio Nelson

Lord Fellatio Nelson

Post twunt

• Members
  • 2,286 posts

Posted 23 June 2014 - 08:57 PM

Never crossed my mind, Toastie.
It appears that I killed two birds with one stone, that could refer to Banshees or even bullshit.
Depending on yer mood.

The first to ask "Is he dead yet?" about Castro...............ignore piss poor imitators. :D

2015 Hartlepool Deadly Pool Team: The Wankers Arms PH

Candidates:
Olivia De Havilland
Carol Channing
Ronnie Corbett
Kirk Douglas
Jimmy Hill
Doris Day
Abe Vigoda
Maureen O'Hara
Clifton James
Louis Jourdan

Subs: Sean Connery and Christopher Lee

#2016 The Pooka

The Pooka

Executioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 591 posts

Posted 06 February 2015 - 10:15 PM

I've been reading this thread and.......No-one seems to have noticed or pointed out that Robin Tripp (name of his character in "Man About the House" and "Robin's Nest") could very easily be mis-spoken (especially if drunk) as Ribin Tropp.......See, there's a Nazi connection in everything if you look hard enough.In fact Dick was born almost exactly a year (minus a week) before a very much more famous Nazi committed suicide. Sigh, if only it he had been born a year later I could have even speculated about him being the reincarnation.....

Never crossed my mind, Toastie.It appears that I killed two birds with one stone, that could refer to Banshees or even bullshit.Depending on yer mood.

So where are we with Dickie? This thread has gone rather quiet, I must say.

#2017 Rotten Ali

Rotten Ali

Value for money

• Members
  • 2,370 posts

Posted 06 February 2015 - 11:25 PM

I'm guessing he is the sort of guy who has good days and bad days. None of which changes in any way the obvious trajectory that he still has many years to live. We just need word about major health issues to be certain to think about listing him for a real reason.
"HARE" we go again

Shadow List '15. King Abdullah, Caroline Aherne, Muhammad Ali, Ayatollah Ali Khamenei, Chuck Barris, Daisy Berkowitz, Jules Bianchi, Colin Bloomfield, George HW Bush, Ian Brady, Glen Campbell, Fidel Castro, Martin Crowe, Liz Dawn, Jenny Diski, Bob Dole, Kirk Douglas, Guy Edwards, Rob Ford, Zsa Zsa Gabor, Paul Gascoigne, Ruth Bader Ginsburg, Billy Graham, Jimmy Greaves, Valerie Harper, Joao Havelange, Olivia de Haviland, Stephen Hawking, Jimmy Hill, Clive James, Yahya Jammeh, J P Jaussard, Christopher Lee, Stan Lee, Penny Marshall, Mary Tyler Moore, Mesrob II, Robert Mugabe, Leonard Nimoy, James Prior, Nancy Reagan, Sam Simon, Percy Sledge, Superstar Billy Graham, Joost van der Westhuizen, Gunther von Hagens, Lee Kuan Yew, Michael York, Jiang Zemin & Emile Derlin Zinsou. 1/50.

#2018 Dr. Zorders

Dr. Zorders

IsCastroDeadYet.com

• Members
  • 2,720 posts

Posted 06 February 2015 - 11:44 PM

I think the problem is no-one was ever as good as getting info about him as BHB, and since the master-baiter left it's all gone a bit quiet.

I'm guessing he is the sort of guy who has good days and bad days. None of which changes in any way the obvious trajectory that he still has many years to live. We just need word about major health issues to be certain to think about listing him for a real reason.

Not necessarily. Here's another "early stroke sufferer":

http://en.wikipedia....ki/John_Tavener

Dr. Zorders' 2015 supermegadeathlist, A.K.A. The 2005 T-in-the-Park Cark-in-the-Dark Sweepstakes, Brought to you by Limited Edition Netto-Value-Champagne-Flavoured Skittles (1/50)
1. Rob Ford 2. joker.gifSam Simon 3. Art Paul 4. Edward Albee 5. Fred Jarvis 6. Geoffrey Howe 7. Denis Healey 8. Bob Falkenburg 9. Lex Luger 10. Edgar Ray Killen 11. Alan Simpson 12. Jean Nidetch 13. Demis Roussos 14. Frank Lucas 15. Clifton James 16. Dr. George C. Nichopoulos 17. Adolf Burger 18. Paul Volcker 19. Peter Sutcliffe 20. Fidel Castro 21. Robert Mugabe 22. Theodore Kaczynski 23. Rev. Billy Graham 24. Kirk Douglas 25. Olivia de Haviland 26. George Soros 27. Rupert Murdoch 28. Vincent Kennedy McMahon 29. Josef Fritzl 30. James Holmes 31. Muhammad Ali 32. Bob Dole 33. Mikhail Gorbachev 34. John B. Anderson 35. Frankie Boyle 36. Clive James 37. Arnold Palmer 38. King Juan Carlos of Spain 39. Gudrun Himmler 40. George R.R. Martin 41. Lyndon LaRouche 42. Stein Eriksen 43. Bernard Ecclestone 44. Roger Moore 45. Hugh Hefner 46. Roger Law 47. Jeremy Clarkson 48. Maurice Strong 49. Dick Passwater 50. Prince Philip

#2019 maryportfuncity

maryportfuncity

• Members
  • 11,791 posts

Posted 24 February 2015 - 07:23 PM

I think the problem is no-one was ever as good as getting info about him as BHB, and since the master-baiter left it's all gone a bit quiet.

Dickie O's stroke was serious to the point of leaving him in need of sheltered accomodation several years ago, though. There hasn't been much evidence of improvement. He can walk, talk etc. but everything is in slow motion. So, he's clearly coming from much further back than Taverner was.

Posted Image

#2020 Dr. Zorders

Dr. Zorders

IsCastroDeadYet.com

• Members
  • 2,720 posts

Posted 24 February 2015 - 07:45 PM

Dickie O's stroke was serious to the point of leaving him in need of sheltered accomodation several years ago, though. There hasn't been much evidence of improvement. He can walk, talk etc. but everything is in slow motion. So, he's clearly coming from much further back than Taverner was.

I think you probably misread. I wasn't saying "he'll be fine"...

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users