dead

1064 replies to this topic

#741 DevonDeathTrip

Tractor Eater

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,070 posts

Posted 20 November 2011 - 08:35 PM

I do want to read this book, so I thought Ronnie would approve if I broke in to my local WHSmiths at the dead of night, removed the book (and possibly any banknotes I could find), bludgeoned a security guard and then fled to Brazil to read my ill gotten gains on a beach. :D

But seriously, best wishes to the man and thanks very much for the DL plug, I hope he proves us wrong for a good few years yet.
Sometimes when we see the eyes- those horrible times when we see the eyes,eyes that ... that have no soul - then we know a darkness.

#742 Windsor

LFN Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,289 posts

Posted 20 November 2011 - 10:40 PM

View Postmsc, on 20 November 2011 - 03:40 PM, said:

Agreed. Has the Deathlist ever had someone take such a public interest in their placing? He's like the mascot.

Keith Richards was a bit pissed off when he lost his status on the list back in January 2006.

http://www.examiner....d/cweykfqleyau/

He got his revenge a few months later by falling out of a tree, and then again by crashing his jet-ski...
Shadow List 2014.

Wilko Johnson, Muhammed Ali, Helen Fawkes, David Norris, Flora Fraser, Stephen Lewis, Jim Bowen, John Bardon, Albert Reynolds, Rev Billy Graham, Daisy Berkowitz, Wojciech Jaeuzelski, Clive James, Robert Mugabe, George H. W. Bush, Leslie Phillips, Zsa Zsa Gabor, Stephen Hawking, Nancy Reagan, Jeremy Thorpe, Cardinal Keith O'Brien, Tariq Aziz, Murray Walker, Stuart Hall, Luise Rainer, Liz Dawn, Bob Dole, Edgar Ray Killen, Prince Philip, Paul O'Grady, Arthur Scargill, Jalal Talabani, Iain Paisley, Mikhail Gorbachez, Sean Connery, Jimmy Greaves, Sir Nicholas Winton, Sam Simon, Derek Fowlds, Pope Benedict XVI, Richard Attenborough, Harlan Ellison, Fidel Castro, Valerie Harper, Saif al-Isam Megrahi, Queen Fabiola, Ariel Sharon, Liz Smith, Bruce Forsyth, Fred Phelps.

2009: 13/50, 2010: 10/50, 2011: 9/50, 2012: 15/50, 2013:16/50, 2014: 3/50 Winner of the 2010 Dustpool.

#743 Guest_Guest_*

• Guests

Posted 20 November 2011 - 10:49 PM

View PostWindsor, on 20 November 2011 - 10:40 PM, said:

View Postmsc, on 20 November 2011 - 03:40 PM, said:

Agreed. Has the Deathlist ever had someone take such a public interest in their placing? He's like the mascot.

Keith Richards was a bit pissed off when he lost his status on the list back in January 2006.

http://www.examiner....d/cweykfqleyau/

He got his revenge a few months later by falling out of a tree, and then again by crashing his jet-ski...
Except that he was never on it.

#744 fourty-two

Hatchet man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 08:54 AM

Dammit the new rule states anybody on first position, In this case Biggs, survives can't be used again. After ALL these years, and these multiple appearances, if he doesn't die....he'll get the last laugh. SURVIVING the list, and making a jab at us. :_(
42 is a significant number as it's the so answer to life from Hitchikers Guide to the Galaxy, in Japan however 4 pronounced Shi, can refer to death, and ni (a grammarical article, indicating to, direction similar to latin's "a") so To die, regarless of life after death). In Chinese (4) can mean death or Si, but "2" or "ni" (cantonese), means you. Or you die. conicidently on a number pad 42 (or 4 and 2), is H and A (so 42= Ha), and judging by the many depictions of a a grinning skull, candy skulls in Mexcio complete with festivals, and or a Mel Blank twisted cartoon, or even Final Destination movies, and the celebrations of the death of tyrants, death at times can be black humor twisted "ha".

#745 Guest_thediddlysquat_*

• Guests

Posted 27 November 2011 - 01:51 PM

View PostCriticalDivide, on 02 November 2011 - 03:12 PM, said:

Ronnie asked me to let all his fans on Death List know that his new autobiography, "Odd Man Out: The Last Straw", will be launched on 17 November. In the book he talks about his chart topping status on the Death List, and now hopes the book will give you all something to read while you wait for him to live up to (or otherwise) his position at the top of your charts.
Will he be turning over the profits of this book to a charity or giving it back to the tax payer? or will he be just keeping it for himself

#746 Guest_Guest_*

• Guests

Posted 27 November 2011 - 05:24 PM

I vote we take Ronnie off the list.He's laughing at us.In fact I'm starting to wonder if Ronnie might not in fact be...NOTAGUEST!!!!!!!! :shock2: 1

#747 welshman

Ewe spoke, we ignored

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 402 posts

Posted 27 November 2011 - 06:42 PM

View Postfourty-two, on 22 November 2011 - 08:54 AM, said:

Dammit the new rule states anybody on first position, In this case Biggs, survives can't be used again. After ALL these years, and these multiple appearances, if he doesn't die....he'll get the last laugh. SURVIVING the list, and making a jab at us. :_(
The new rules can quickly become the old rules.
"We have enough religion to make us hate, but not enough to make us love one another." Jonathan Swift

#748 Grim Reaper

Post-Twunt

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,239 posts

Posted 27 November 2011 - 08:11 PM

View Postwelshman, on 27 November 2011 - 06:42 PM, said:

View Postfourty-two, on 22 November 2011 - 08:54 AM, said:

The new rules can quickly become the old rules.

If I recall correctly, the unwritten rules state that, if somebody is at the top of the list and is dropped for the next year, 26 nominees can be carried forward instead of 25. I don't think the rules say that the No.1 selection has to be dropped next year if he survives.

#749 fourty-two

Hatchet man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 02:52 PM

oooo my bad. Sorry, misread it.... I remember a poster here posting a similar rule, but he takes the name off the list completely I think, so I might have got that crossed.
42 is a significant number as it's the so answer to life from Hitchikers Guide to the Galaxy, in Japan however 4 pronounced Shi, can refer to death, and ni (a grammarical article, indicating to, direction similar to latin's "a") so To die, regarless of life after death). In Chinese (4) can mean death or Si, but "2" or "ni" (cantonese), means you. Or you die. conicidently on a number pad 42 (or 4 and 2), is H and A (so 42= Ha), and judging by the many depictions of a a grinning skull, candy skulls in Mexcio complete with festivals, and or a Mel Blank twisted cartoon, or even Final Destination movies, and the celebrations of the death of tyrants, death at times can be black humor twisted "ha".

#750 Spade_Cooley

Rich Homie Quantick

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,790 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 09:19 PM

Willing to put a cheeky fiver on Robin Gibb being the #1 pick for 2012 tbh.
"I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow

"Get back to task and participate, or you will come with us at the finale to dance, although there will be shocking deaths. Yoshi is coming for me." - Pikalin Soutdalany

#751 CriticalDivide

Hatchet man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 12:59 PM

Ron would like to wish all his friends and foe at the Death List a very happy Christmas and New Year.

He would also like to wish his fellow surviving members of the Death List 2011 a healthy and prosperous year ahead.

And in case you missed it, Ron's comment about the Death List from his autobiography popped up in The Guardian Diary.

www.guardian.co.uk/politics/2011/dec/14/hugh-muir-diary?newsfeed=true

Happy Christmas!

#752 time

Lord

• Members
  • 2,858 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 01:40 PM

View PostCriticalDivide, on 22 December 2011 - 12:59 PM, said:

Ron would like to wish all his friends and foe at the Death List a very happy Christmas and New Year.

He would also like to wish his fellow surviving members of the Death List 2011 a healthy and prosperous year ahead.

And in case you missed it, Ron's comment about the Death List from his autobiography popped up in The Guardian Diary.

Happy Christmas!
Link. Its the bottom of the page.
2014 DDP Team (Time's-up team Player of The Month, June 2014): John Bardon; Dora Bryan; Emile Ford; Valery Giscard d’Estaing; John Glenn; Eldon Griffiths; Bernard Haitink; Gerald Harper; Buck Henry (Joker); Patricia Knatchbull; Francis Matthews; Sheila Mercier; Les Munro; Pete Murray; I. M. Pei; Dudley Simpson; Nobby Stiles; Joseph Wapner; Peter Wyngarde; Jimmy Young.

2014 DDP Theme Team (...and its goodnight from him etc): Ronald Atkins, Ron Brown, Ronnie Carroll; Ronald Chesney, Ronnie Walter Cunningham, Ronnie Dawson, Ron Ely, Ronald Baron Fearn, Ron Flowers, Ronnie Gilbert, Ronald Harwood, Ronald Hines, Ron Isley, Ronnie Masterson (lost), Ronnie Moore, Ronald Pellar, Ronnie Ronalde, Ron Smith, Ronald Stevenson, Ron Suart (Joker)

2014 DDP Theme Team (Roger and Out): Roger Alton, Roger Angell, Sir Roger Bannister, Roger Cook, Roger Corman, Roger Daltrey, Roger Dimmock, Roger Etchegaray, Sir Roger Moore, Sir Roger Norrington, Sir Roger Penrose(Joker), Roger Protz, Roger Sainsbury, Roger Sloman, Roger Smith, Roger Spottiswood, Roger Squires, Roger Staubach, Roger Taylor, Roger Whitaker

Deathrace 2014 Team: Billy Graham (Joker), Ethel Lang, Javier Perez De Cuellar, Efrem Zimbalist Jr., Vera Lynn,Kirk Douglas, Al Molinaro, Dora Bryan, John Glenn, Gerald Harper, Patricia Knatchbull, Francis Matthews, Sheila Mercier, Les Munro, Buck Henry, I. M. Pei, Joseph Wapner, Jimmy Young, Wojtech Jaruszelski, Doris Day

2014 Hartlepool Deadlypool Team: Rev Billy Graham, Ethel Lang, Javier Perez De Cuellar, Carl Reiner, Efrem Zimbalist Jr., Vera Lynn, Kirk Douglas, Maximilian Schell, Al Molinaro, BB King. Subs: Doris Day, Wojciech Jaruzelski

I have CDO. It's like OCD except the letters are in alphabetical order, as they should be.

#753 Spade_Cooley

Rich Homie Quantick

• Members
  • 2,790 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 01:59 PM

What an attention whore.
"I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow

"Get back to task and participate, or you will come with us at the finale to dance, although there will be shocking deaths. Yoshi is coming for me." - Pikalin Soutdalany

#754 Windsor

LFN Hunter

• Members
  • 6,289 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 02:56 PM

At least we'll make the papers when he dies.
Especially if he occupies the number 1 spot.
Shadow List 2014.

Wilko Johnson, Muhammed Ali, Helen Fawkes, David Norris, Flora Fraser, Stephen Lewis, Jim Bowen, John Bardon, Albert Reynolds, Rev Billy Graham, Daisy Berkowitz, Wojciech Jaeuzelski, Clive James, Robert Mugabe, George H. W. Bush, Leslie Phillips, Zsa Zsa Gabor, Stephen Hawking, Nancy Reagan, Jeremy Thorpe, Cardinal Keith O'Brien, Tariq Aziz, Murray Walker, Stuart Hall, Luise Rainer, Liz Dawn, Bob Dole, Edgar Ray Killen, Prince Philip, Paul O'Grady, Arthur Scargill, Jalal Talabani, Iain Paisley, Mikhail Gorbachez, Sean Connery, Jimmy Greaves, Sir Nicholas Winton, Sam Simon, Derek Fowlds, Pope Benedict XVI, Richard Attenborough, Harlan Ellison, Fidel Castro, Valerie Harper, Saif al-Isam Megrahi, Queen Fabiola, Ariel Sharon, Liz Smith, Bruce Forsyth, Fred Phelps.

2009: 13/50, 2010: 10/50, 2011: 9/50, 2012: 15/50, 2013:16/50, 2014: 3/50 Winner of the 2010 Dustpool.

#755 Guest_Guest_*

• Guests

Posted 22 December 2011 - 04:47 PM

Merry xmas Ronnie. One day it will be your last though.No-one can escape the grin reaper!

#756 Paul Bearer

Zombie Administrator

• Admin
  • 6,186 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 07:37 PM

Happy Christmas!

Thanks for the mention CriticalDivide, wish Ronnie a merry Christmas and a happy new year from me will you?
This is true my form is something odd,
But blaming me is blaming God;
Could I create myself anew
I would not fail in pleasing you.

#757 Godot

In a minute

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,860 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 10:50 PM

View PostPaul Bearer, on 22 December 2011 - 07:37 PM, said:

Happy Christmas!

Thanks for the mention CriticalDivide, wish Ronnie a merry Christmas and a happy new year from me will you?

Yeah, me too. Any chance you could get him in to Brinsworth House as a kind of Deathlist secret agent? It would be great to have Ronnie Biggs updates from Brinsworth.
Ring down the curtain, the farce is over

#758 Guest_Guest_*

• Guests

Posted 22 December 2011 - 11:44 PM

Whats the hell he doing in Brinsworth houise.I thought that was for celebs not ex crims! Where the hell they getting the m oney to keep him in there????????!!!!!!!!!

#759 Paul Bearer

Zombie Administrator

• Admin
  • 6,186 posts

Posted 23 December 2011 - 12:02 AM

View PostGuest, on 22 December 2011 - 11:44 PM, said:

Whats the hell he doing in Brinsworth houise.I thought that was for celebs not ex crims! Where the hell they getting the m oney to keep him in there????????!!!!!!!!!

Eat shit and die guest. If you took the time to actually READ the post, you'll see Godot was asking if he could be entered into Brinsworth.
This is true my form is something odd,
But blaming me is blaming God;
Could I create myself anew
I would not fail in pleasing you.

#760 Damon Killian

You b*****d! Drop dead!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,230 posts

Posted 23 December 2011 - 12:14 AM

View PostPaul Bearer, on 23 December 2011 - 12:02 AM, said:

View PostGuest, on 22 December 2011 - 11:44 PM, said:

Eat shit and die guest.

We might get a wee obit in a paper as a filler story. Why don't we put Guest_Guest_* on next years DL :lol:
Damon Killian said on 15 December 2013 @ 06:54 PM - "Biggs just for a laugh"

Paul Bearer replied on 15 December 2013 @ 06:56 PM - "Don't think so. He tweeted me to say he'll be watching the Great train robbery on Wednesday & Thursday this week. :-)"

18 December 2013 Ronnie Biggs died

Reply to this topic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users