Magere Hein

Ideas and possibilities for 2008

According to that bastion of truth and good journalism, The Daily Express, Simon Mann, buddy of Nick Du Toit, currently jailed in Zimbabwe, is close to death :ph34r:

"Mann, a former Old Etonian and SAS officer, was last week revealed to be suffering multiple organ failure in his cell in the Zimbabwe capital, Harare. He is also said to be going blind, and has a life-threatening intestinal condition caused by poor diet."

Will the Deathlist board of directors be compiling a list of people in their hundreds for next year's list?

If yes, will you be coming back four months later to have a go?

If you don't like the way the forum is going, you don't have to come back.

Former Tennessee senator, part time film and TV actor, and prospective presidential candidate Fred Thompson, has lymphoma.

Fred's Not Dead (yet)

He claims it's the mild kind of lymphoma, but just the name alone makes me think he's one to watch in '08, and not on the campaign trail, either.

Former Tennessee senator, part time film and TV actor, and prospective presidential candidate Fred Thompson, has lymphoma.

Fred's Not Dead (yet)

He claims it's the mild kind of lymphoma, but just the name alone makes me think he's one to watch in '08, and not on the campaign trail, either.

The MSNBC link doesn't work so well for me, so here's the Fox News one, which carried the original story. Significantly,

I have had no illness from it, or even any symptoms. My life expectancy should not be affected. I am in remission, and it is very treatable with drugs if treatment is needed in the future — and with no debilitating side effects

Granted, you can't always trust them, but I suspect this one is pretty on the mark.

If yes, will you be coming back four months later to have a go?

Unlike yourself I don't have the time be here every minute of every day. Four months, six months, I call in when I can to see how it is. I don't always like what I see, as I'm sure you don't.

Opinions are like arseholes. Everyone's got one but in answer to you question. Yes. I call it as I see it.

If you don't like the way the forum is going, you don't have to come back.

Y'see... I love nostalgia. I like to call in and think about the times when this place was funny and entertaining.

I don't have to come back but I'm a stubborn c**t. One day I hope the magic will return but you may have another 600,000 posts in before then...

You don't like what I have to say? Don't fuppin read it then. :referee:

Mstislav Rostropovich is back in hospital again, this article mentions a liver tumour. It's about time he got his own thread.

Raymond Barre, the 83 year old former French Prime Minister is in intensive care with heart and kidney problems.

Raymond Barre, the 83 year old former French Prime Minister is in intensive care with heart and kidney problems.

Sound's like a Prince Rainier. Multi-organ failure.

Very likely that he won't pull through and see 2008.

Was just thinking about Alain Robert and mad bastards in general and I was reminded of Felix Baumgartner the Austrian B.A.S.E jumper.

Anyone who does a parachute jump from 95 feet is looking for trouble really.

Pictures in the paper today of Keith Richard visiting his 92 year old mum in hospital, bless!

Assuming she's got a pulse on December 31st - which is probably asking a bit much - she'd qualify for the DDP at least.

Was just thinking about Alain Robert and mad bastards in general and I was reminded of Felix Baumgartner the Austrian B.A.S.E jumper.

Anyone who does a parachute jump from 95 feet is looking for trouble really.

I've been thinking about mad bastards as well. Dean Karnazes is an ultra marathon runner who, according to his Wiki page, once ran 350 miles in 80 hours and 44 minutes without stopping. :angry: Interview here. Surely that must be unhealthy?

Tony Snow, President Bush's official spokesman has cancer of the liver. He suffered from colon cancer in 2005.

It sounds pretty serious. Thanks for the tip.

ff

Apparently it's not liver cancer, though I have a feeling there's more to the story than what's in the article.

I hereby submit the name of Gale Storm of My Little Margie fame. More can be learned at her webly site at : Gale Storm-...........

Although still technically alive she is 85 and has not done any film work for some 18 years and has buried 2 husbands (possibly more.....those hollywood sorts bury husbands as often as they change pool boys and gardeners.)

Tom Cartwright, 71, a fine cricket player and even better cricket coach, who played for Warwickshire, Glamorgan, Somerset and England, lies seriously ill in a Neath hospital. His brain was starved of oxygen after a massive heart attack he suffered over a month ago.

He's also known for refusing to tour Apartheid era South Africa and teaching Ian Botham to bowl.

I've never heard of him, but Aaron McMillan, aged 30, "The brilliant classical pianist" is fighting brain cancer which has spread to his bones. :blink:

Just found out that dear old Val Doonican is 80 years young. Does anybody know if he looks like he is on his last legs?

Just found out that dear old Val Doonican is 80 years young. Does anybody know if he looks like he is on his last legs?

Val Doonican ? fit as a fidel and still performs,

Guest Guest

What a great pity.........................

Is that fit as a Fidel Castro?

Val was in remarkably chipper form on BBC 4 a few weeks ago, when they dedicated a few hours to his incomparable genius, or summat.

Is that fit as a Fidel Castro?

Never mind the Fidel bit, how does he know he still "performs"?

Im quite envious of an Octogenarian that can still get it up.....................