Magere Hein

Ideas and possibilities for 2008

I'm sorry if this sounds too critical, but I think the problem with this years list is that you guys went too quickly for the low hanging fruit. I do believe there should be room on the list for young, healthy and really StupiD folks like Lindsey Lohan, Paris Hilton, Anna Nichole Smith and their sort. Drinking, drugs and driving are a DeathLists best friends. :)

Alberto I2aga 2 year old daughter on life support, her mother consulted re the switching off and it's all down to him losing his rag. Suicide watch now, assuming he's still breathing on December 31st, mebbe DDP watch next year, and ranters if and when we do.

I do believe there should be room on the list for young, healthy and really StupiD folks like Anna Nichole Smith and their sort.

Something tells me that putting Anne Nicole Smith on a 2008 Deathlist would be a big mistake...

.. as it is also a big mistake to call her healthy.... :)

Alberto I2aga 2 year old daughter on life support, her mother consulted re the switching off and it's all down to him losing his rag. Suicide watch now, assuming he's still breathing on December 31st, mebbe DDP watch next year, and ranters if and when we do.

The poor girl has just died.

:rip: How terrible.

BBC reporting her death now.

Suicide watch and the rest means this sort sometimes survive the immediate aftermath, until the crushing hopelessness and cruel reminders in jail force them to the ultimate act of guilt-ridden self harm. Jan 1st should do it eh Alberto?

Tommy Smith legendary hard man of football, had a coronary cutting his grass.

Must've been a bad one, owt less and Tommy Smith would've rung the ambulance and gone back out to finish the lawn.

BBC reporting her death now.

Suicide watch and the rest means this sort sometimes survive the immediate aftermath, until the crushing hopelessness and cruel reminders in jail force them to the ultimate act of guilt-ridden self harm. Jan 1st should do it eh Alberto?

Pretty sick people to beat the crap out of a 2 yr old.

I'd feel suicidal if something like that happened to my daughter.

Pretty sick people to beat the crap out of a 2 yr old.

I'd feel suicidal if something like that happened to my daughter.

I'll hop the next flight and bring the bastard a rope.

If he had to do it it's too bad he didn't do it in Texas. It's a capital offense.

Sorry - when it comes to something like this I don't have a whole hell of a lot of empathy/sympathy/caring....I'm all for getting some steel toed boots, tying him down and having a field day.

Bob Denard, 78, "perhaps the most famous and influential mercenary since World War II", is not in the best of health. He is believed to be suffering from kidney problems and Alzheimers disease.

According to Wikipedia, he has participated in conflicts in Zimbabwe, Yemen, Iran, Nigeria, Benin, Gabon, Angola, Zaire and the Comoros Islands. He has been involved in the overthrow of government in the Comoros Islands on four seperate occasions. A convert to Islam, he has been married seven times and has eight children.

Fame test? Well the BBC gave him a mention today

Must've been a bad one, owt less and Tommy Smith would've rung the ambulance and gone back out to finish the lawn.

Footballers shouldn't do gardening. Look what happened to Alan Ball!

:rip:

Good point I hadn't considered, and Kevin Beattie was once badly burned by a garden bonfire, an injury that kept him out of a crucial European game.

According to his autobiography, as a 12 year old Steven Gerrard got a garden fork stuck through his foot and almost had to have it chopped off. He wasn't actually gardening, it was just lying about in a tough part of Toxteth or wherever he grew up.

Estonian Keeper Mart Poom once put himself 'out of action' by severely bruising his penis playing against Iron Maiden in a 5-a-side game.

Not relevant to gardening, but highly amusing.

Who is Estonian Keeper Mart Poom Anubis? Does he work at the local super market near you? What were his parents thinking. In that case you might as well name your son 'inconvenience' or 'Next-Week'?

Estonian Keeper Mart Poom once put himself 'out of action' by severely bruising his penis playing against Iron Maiden in a 5-a-side game.

I bet Mart Poom was A Man On The Edge. I've heard that that part of a man's anatomy is highly sensitive, did he get the wet sponge treatment? :crossbone:

Mart Poom is the goalkeeper for the Estonian national football team. Football is a game popular throughout the civilised world in which 22 players attempt to score 'goals' using only their feet.

Who is Estonian Keeper Mart Poom Anubis? Does he work at the local super market near you? What were his parents thinking. In that case you might as well name your son 'inconvenience' or 'Next-Week'?

Around here we call that game 'Soccer' only because a less civilized game called 'Football' is played which it consists of off season pot smokers not to mention washed up quarter backs. At least half of the Super Bowl commercials leave me a grin.

Mart Poom is the goalkeeper for the Estonian national football team. Football is a game popular throughout the civilised world in which 22 players attempt to score 'goals' using only their feet.

Probably nowt but:

Dusty Hill of ZZ Top, already diagnosed with Hep C is having treatment for a 'benign' growth in his inner ear. Their European tour in May was called off for this, though the hefty US tour for the summer is still booking. Hill's health has given them problems before, as has his ability to get injured. Keen on firearms, he once accidentally shot himself in the abdomen. There probably isn't a boarder on here who can remember life clearly before ZZ Top - formed 1969 - but they won't be around forever.

Jack Ramsay - NBA Hall Of Fame coach and, according to this link, "one of the best coaches of all time", is suffering from a gravity defying cancer. It started in his foot and then went upwards to his calf, to his groin, to his lung and now, to his brain. :)

His impending death is not in dispute, but how likely is he to get a UK obit? I don't know anything about basketball, so it is hard to judge his fame. Is he an Alex Ferguson or an Alex Inglethorpe?

Jack Ramsay - NBA Hall Of Fame coach and, according to this link, "one of the best coaches of all time", is suffering from a gravity defying cancer. It started in his foot and then went upwards to his calf, to his groin, to his lung and now, to his brain. :)

His impending death is not in dispute, but how likely is he to get a UK obit? I don't know anything about basketball, so it is hard to judge his fame. Is he an Alex Ferguson or an Alex Inglethorpe?

Well on one hand, he's not available as a choice on the Ameri-centric RDP. On the other hand, Red Auerbach got an obit, so it's probably a 50-50, depending on how many other famous people die around the same time.

Well on one hand, he's not available as a choice on the Ameri-centric RDP. On the other hand, Red Auerbach got an obit, so it's probably a 50-50, depending on how many other famous people die around the same time.

I don't think a UK obit will be a problem if Jack Ramsay dies. Prominent American sports coaches and players always seem to get a mention in the UK press when they die.

I have him as a unique DDP pick, so I am keeping my fingers crossed. :lol:

Jack Ramsay - NBA Hall Of Fame coach and, according to this link, "one of the best coaches of all time", is suffering from a gravity defying cancer. It started in his foot and then went upwards to his calf, to his groin, to his lung and now, to his brain. :lol:

I don't think a UK obit will be a problem if Jack Ramsay dies. Prominent American sports coaches and players always seem to get a mention in the UK press when they die.

I have him as a unique DDP pick, so I am keeping my fingers crossed. ;)

Ramsay's borderline re: a UK obit. Auerbach was coach of the Celtics when they won the NBA title 9 times, and was with the team in other capacities for their other 7 championships. Ramsay's only title came in 1976 with Portland. He went on to become a broadcaster which makes him more familiar to today's US sports fans. In terms of a UK newspaper obit, I'd guess no, but with so many on-line media outlets these days, often desperate for any sort of news, it's become a pretty low threshhold. It'd be a pretty big deal in the US, might sneak in at the end of the 6:30 network news.

Anyway, maybe we'll find out soon - that cancer sounds nasty :)

Well, Bobby Hamilton didn't.

If he will get an obit, it'll be as CP says - it solely how many other famous people die around then. Pierro would have got a UK obit if he hadn't died at the same time Anna Nicole Smith did. The only hope for FF is an AP feed in the Guardian - anything else can be forgotten about. For the rest of us in the DDP, lets hope it's a busy news day :)

Eunice Kennedy is far exceeding expectations after a series of strokes.

Apparently she's bounced back quite well after this round, but she's had so many, one wonders when the next one will come... each one weakens you more than the last.