Sign in to follow this  
Rotten Ali

Poll : 2007 Deathlist Names

few votes gained in the "who will die next?" poll  

19 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

The Deathlist 2007 is less than two months away and the DeathList has a rule to limit the numbers of returning names to just 25 of the original 50. With only 9 hits so far this could amount to the Admin staff having to eject up to 16 people from the currently still alive 41 on the 2006 list. Above I've put together a list of 15 of these 41 names. These people are those who through the year so far have either not gained a single vote or just one vote in all of the "who will be the next person to die" polls. I've done this with intension that only about 3 of the above should make it to the 2007 list. Leaving more room on the list for the more popular names. I'll address the rest (top of the popular listing) of the 41 names in another poll. "Who do you thing we need to remove".

Prior to voting please first read through the threads of your main choices, so that you have a very good idea that your single chance to save a name will be wisely used.

I'll open the bidding with Kirk Douglas. He is very frail, and despite undoubtedly having access to excellent health care, might succumb easily to even a minor accident or illness. I never trust reports of the near-deaths of politicians, especially those with good reason to keep the police from the door, and the other actors and entertainers listed all seem relatively sprightly.

I voted for Oscar for three reasons:

1) He's the oldest on that list

2) With the caveat being that his fall was as serious as reported, he's probably the frailest on the list (though he was still working right up before that I admit)

3) Can't miss out on the commie ranter, makes the thread thoroughly fun, what with the squid and all.

If I had to round off the top 3 from your list it would be Kirk Douglas and Muhammad Ali, because they're the only others on the list who are noticibly unhealthy and they also both happen to be interesting conversation pieces. Jane Wyman would be a close fourth.

I hope this isn't too early... I'd hate to see it buried come December.

I would got for Alexander Solzhenitsyn because he's been around for ever, also when I'm pissed, like now, I can't pronounce his name so he has to do for dyslexics everywhere. Dyslexics of the world untie!

Aren't they ruled out after two years on the list, in which case Wyman, Wallach, Wisdom, Niemeyer, Waldhiem Solzhenitsyn, Raynor and Lamotta are scratched from the next race.

We could get his holiness the Mahareshi back, mind.

Aren't they ruled out after two years on the list, in which case Wyman, Wallach, Wisdom, Niemeyer, Waldhiem Solzhenitsyn, Raynor and Lamotta are scratched from the next race.

We could get his holiness the Mahareshi back, mind.

I don't think that's a rule, given the amount of times some people have been on the DL.

Mind you, none of those are deffo keeps, though Neimeyer and Wyman are definetely worth considering.

I'll open the bidding with Kirk Douglas. He is very frail, and despite undoubtedly having access to excellent health care, might succumb easily to even a minor accident or illness. I never trust reports of the near-deaths of politicians, especially those with good reason to keep the police from the door, and the other actors and entertainers listed all seem relatively sprightly.

I second that. It's about time a really top-notch Hollywood star kicked the bucket... ;)

Cathrine Zeta Jones' father in law making the early running, I've just voted his way, giving him three of the nine votes cast so far.

I voted for Kirk too, I don't think we should bother having Mickey Rooney on the list. He's still very active and doesn't have the appearance of slowing down for a few years yet

I voted for Kirk too, he's too big a name to miss!

With the passing of Milton Friedman the Admin staff will now be looking to thin down the current 40 survivors to 25 returnees. That means we need to now have upto 15 ejected from the current list. It can only help to have your input to assist their task. Come on - who are we going to keep on the list?

With the passing of Milton Friedman the Admin staff will now be looking to thin down the current 40 survivors to 25 returnees. That means we need to now have upto 15 ejected from the current list. It can only help to have your input to assist their task. Come on - who are we going to keep on the list?

Definites:

Biggs

Pinter

Moore

Johnson

Ford

Douglas

Graham

Ali

Heston

Pinochet

Dunn (you'd be kickin' yerselves if you missed out!)

Perhaps not:

Di Stefano

Wisdom

Lynn

Thatcher

Rayner

Curtis

Mandela

Melly

Taylor

:)

Melly, looks a good bet to me. Dunn is gonna see 2008 IMHO.

We can't drop Dunn, he's part of the furniture

We can't drop Dunn, he's part of the furniture

He's a bloody annoying part of the furniture - a bit like a nasty 1930s wardrobe that your grandmother once owned and which is too heavy to move. I suggest that we work together to heave this monstrosity out of DL mansions and put it in the garage for a few years until he's good and ready.

Drop Dunn now. It's the only sane course of action. Can't you see how the little tease is leading us on? With his come-hither truss and promise of sweet gum-action. It's enough to turn any man's head (cf. Linda Blair). Don't give in to temptation again - stay away from this loathly incubus. It's for your own good!