Political Frailty Power, Corruption, Lies... and Death

1361 replies to this topic

#521 Davey Jones' Locker

I Need To Get A Life!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,913 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 06:02 AM

"Chinese dissident Fang Lizhi, a key figure in the pro-democracy movement behind the 1989 Tiananmen Square protests, has died in the United States at the age of 76."

http://www.abc.net.a...s-in-us/3938300

#522 time

Lord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,941 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 05:00 PM

Ahmed Ben Bella, the first President of independent Algeria, has died aged 96.
2014 DDP Team (Time's-up team Player of The Month, June 2014): John Bardon; Dora Bryan; Emile Ford; Valery Giscard d’Estaing; John Glenn; Eldon Griffiths; Bernard Haitink; Gerald Harper; Buck Henry (Joker); Patricia Knatchbull; Francis Matthews; Sheila Mercier; Les Munro; Pete Murray; I. M. Pei; Dudley Simpson; Nobby Stiles; Joseph Wapner; Peter Wyngarde; Jimmy Young.

2014 DDP Theme Team (...and its goodnight from him etc): Ronald Atkins, Ron Brown, Ronnie Carroll; Ronald Chesney, Ronnie Walter Cunningham, Ronnie Dawson, Ron Ely, Ronald Baron Fearn, Ron Flowers, Ronnie Gilbert, Ronald Harwood, Ronald Hines, Ron Isley, Ronnie Masterson (lost), Ronnie Moore, Ronald Pellar, Ronnie Ronalde, Ron Smith, Ronald Stevenson, Ron Suart (Joker)

2014 DDP Theme Team (Roger and Out): Roger Alton, Roger Angell, Sir Roger Bannister, Roger Cook, Roger Corman, Roger Daltrey, Roger Dimmock, Roger Etchegaray, Sir Roger Moore, Sir Roger Norrington, Sir Roger Penrose(Joker), Roger Protz, Roger Sainsbury, Roger Sloman, Roger Smith, Roger Spottiswood, Roger Squires, Roger Staubach, Roger Taylor, Roger Whitaker

Deathrace 2014 Team: Billy Graham (Joker), Ethel Lang, Javier Perez De Cuellar, Efrem Zimbalist Jr., Vera Lynn,Kirk Douglas, Al Molinaro, Dora Bryan, John Glenn, Gerald Harper, Patricia Knatchbull, Francis Matthews, Sheila Mercier, Les Munro, Buck Henry, I. M. Pei, Joseph Wapner, Jimmy Young, Wojtech Jaruszelski, Doris Day

2014 Hartlepool Deadlypool Team: Rev Billy Graham, Ethel Lang, Javier Perez De Cuellar, Carl Reiner, Efrem Zimbalist Jr., Vera Lynn, Kirk Douglas, Maximilian Schell, Al Molinaro, BB King. Subs: Doris Day, Wojciech Jaruzelski

I have CDO. It's like OCD except the letters are in alphabetical order, as they should be.

#523 Octopus of Odstock

Post twunt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,831 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 10:32 AM

Lord Jack Ashley, the first deaf MP and a genuine hero and inspiration to many - myself included - has died, aged 89. http://www.independe...89-7668052.html

#524 DevonDeathTrip

Tractor Eater

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,070 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 09:50 PM

View Posttime, on 22 October 2011 - 11:03 PM, said:

View PostGuest, on Oct 22 2011, 06:01 AM, said:

Abbul Azizn't.

The new heir to the Saudi throne, Crown Prince Nayif bin Abd al-Aziz, may have a battle on his hands to ever live long enough to get the top job:

Nayif had earlier travelled to Morocco on "special leave", but within a week he was reported to be in Cleveland, Ohio for medical tests which were later described as routine [ :huh: Of possible note, Cleveland, Ohio is where the late Pope Shenouda III spent a lot of time having "routine check ups"],. Shortly after that he went to Algeria, where he spent the remainder of his time away. Nayif has been unwell before, and although his cancer seems to have been in relapse for several years, his condition has markedly deteriorated in recent months. Even before the trip away, Defense Minister Salman had been undertaking most of Nayif's duties, and the unnanounced stay at an overseas medical clinic, combined with his frail and haggard appearance, have only added to worries over his health.

Sometimes when we see the eyes- those horrible times when we see the eyes,eyes that ... that have no soul - then we know a darkness.

#525 Guest_Guest_*

• Guests

Posted 25 April 2012 - 04:57 PM

The death has just been announced of the american politician Newt Gingriches political career.. http://www.washingto...c5qgT_blog.html

#526 Bibliogryphon

I Need To Get A Life!

• Members
  • 1,927 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 12:35 PM

Margaet Moran former Luton South MP is apparently unfit to stand trial for fraud relating to her expenses

http://www.bbc.co.uk...-herts-17866333

If she goes this would be national news!

Evil journos hounding poor defenceless corrupt official to death. That includes you Esther!
"I appear to have bypassed my good taste chip"

2013 DDP Teams:

Bibliogryphon's Bookworm Food (Theme Team)
I Can't Believe They're Not Deader
Unusual Suspects

#527 DevonDeathTrip

Tractor Eater

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,070 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 10:07 PM

View PostTAFKAG, on 29 March 2009 - 06:21 PM, said:

I went to see Il Divo, a biopic about 90-year-old thrice-Italian PM Giulio Andreotti, and surprisingly can find no mention of him on the DL.

Giulio Andreotti is in hospital, suffering from heart problems.

Andreotti, 93, was "lucid and conscious" in intensive care at Rome's Policlinico Gemelli hospital, his secretary Patrizia Chilelli told reporters at the hospital. While he showed a gradual improvement over the course of the day, his prognosis remained "reserved," the hospital said late Thursday.

Sometimes when we see the eyes- those horrible times when we see the eyes,eyes that ... that have no soul - then we know a darkness.

#528 Guest_Guest_*

• Guests

Posted 04 May 2012 - 12:10 PM

The former President of Panama Jorge Illueca has died at 93 http://spanish.peopl...17/7808529.html (sorry no english obit available yet)

#529 Spade_Cooley

Rich Homie Quantick

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,878 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 02:29 PM

View PostDevonDeathTrip, on 03 May 2012 - 10:07 PM, said:

View PostTAFKAG, on 29 March 2009 - 06:21 PM, said:

I went to see Il Divo, a biopic about 90-year-old thrice-Italian PM Giulio Andreotti, and surprisingly can find no mention of him on the DL.

Giulio Andreotti is in hospital, suffering from heart problems.

Andreotti, 93, was "lucid and conscious" in intensive care at Rome's Policlinico Gemelli hospital, his secretary Patrizia Chilelli told reporters at the hospital. While he showed a gradual improvement over the course of the day, his prognosis remained "reserved," the hospital said late Thursday.

Il Divo is an absolutely fantastic movie, although I do speak as a guinea so it might be confusing for people who need to ask "what has a skateboard got to do with Italian politics at the turn of the 90s?" every ten minutes.
"I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow

"Get back to task and participate, or you will come with us at the finale to dance, although there will be shocking deaths. Yoshi is coming for me." - Pikalin Soutdalany

#530 Octopus of Odstock

Post twunt

• Members
  • 3,831 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 08:37 PM

View Postnotaguest, on 22 June 2011 - 01:17 PM, said:

The UKs oldest ex MP James Allason has died at 98 . This leaves former deputy labour leader Ted Short as oldest ex MP as well as the oldest member of the House of Lords

Bit surprised Notwaguest hasn't already reported this but maybe because it's not right on the top of the Deaths in 2012 page and it's too difficult for him to scroll down 6 days but Ted Short is no longer the oldest ex-MP - http://www.lep.co.uk...-dies-1-4530958

A hit for 9 teams on the DDP.

#531 Guest_Guest_*

• Guests

Posted 09 May 2012 - 09:24 PM

Noit only was he the oldest ex MP but he was the oldest member of the House of Lords. Pirate radio fans will not mourn his demise though- he was the cabinet minister responsible for closing them down.

His death leaves only 2 ex cabinet ministers over the age of 90- Lord Carrington and Denis Healey.And Healeys not been looking too well lately...

#532 Octopus of Odstock

Post twunt

• Members
  • 3,831 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 09:29 PM

Well, they're both doing better than the former Cook Islands PM, Sir Geoffrey Henry, http://www.stuff.co....Islands-PM-dies, who has died after a fight against cancer.

#533 Falkekopf

Shipman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 386 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 10:51 AM

View PostOctopus of Odstock, on 09 May 2012 - 08:37 PM, said:

View Postnotaguest, on 22 June 2011 - 01:17 PM, said:

The UKs oldest ex MP James Allason has died at 98 . This leaves former deputy labour leader Ted Short as oldest ex MP as well as the oldest member of the House of Lords

Bit surprised Notwaguest hasn't already reported this but maybe because it's not right on the top of the Deaths in 2012 page and it's too difficult for him to scroll down 6 days but Ted Short is no longer the oldest ex-MP - http://www.lep.co.uk...-dies-1-4530958

A hit for 9 teams on the DDP.

Obit from The Independent.

http://www.independe...er-7729081.html
DDP 2012 Team - Dance On Your Grave (=111th 5/20)

DDP 2013 Team - Dance On Your Grave (=136th 4/20)

DDP 2014 Team - Dance On Your Grave

Valerie Harper - Wilko Johnson - Clive James - Carla Laemmle - Olivia De Havilland - Sam Simon - Lord Peter Carrington - Liz Dawn - Rev Billy Graham - George Blake - Peter Sallis - Nik Turner - Prince Phillip - Baron Bramall - Geoffrey Bayldon - Damaris Hayman - Dora Bryan - Cliff Michelmore - Gough Whitlam - Christopher Lee

#534 the_engineer

The Alpha & The Omega

• Members
  • 1,533 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 06:15 AM

Former Afghan politician and member of the peace council Arsala rahmani has been shot dead in Kabul.

http://www.bbc.co.uk...d-asia-18049265
I don't believe in coincidences

Basketball was invented in 1987 by konami.

A Man who never eats pork buns is never a whole man .

genesis 22 16 - 18

DDP 2014 - Sovereign-Reaper

wilko johnsonPosted Image , joost van der westhuizen ,George h.w bush , sam simon , valerie harper , Kate Granger , Katherine Crowe, wojcech jaruzelski ,Sally Farmiloe , Clive James , Billy Graham , Tony Benn , Zsa Zsa Gabor , Vera lynn , Kirk Douglas , Saif Gaddafi , Superstar Billy Graham ,Stuart Hall , Fats Domino ,Isabel Peron.

Hartlepool Deadlypool 2014

Billy Graham
Wojcech Jaruzelski
Wilko Johnson
Sam Simon
Joost Van Der Westhuizen
Valerie Harper
Kate Granger

Sally Farmiloe
Katherine Crowe
Clive James

subs 1) George H.W Bush 2) Rolf Harris

#535 charon

Looking for coin

• Members
  • 1,866 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 01:52 PM

Former NZ Deputy PM, Sir Brian Talboys @ 90 http://en.wikipedia....i/Brian_Talboys
And what rough beast, its hour come round at last,
Slouches towards Bethlehem to be born?

#536 adrian0719

Executioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 540 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 07:35 AM

Ousted Yemeni president Ali Abdullah Saleh's health is said to have deteriorated. He survived a bomb blast last June, collapsed last month, and is reported to have heart problems... Just when I thought that this pick had turned out to be useless...
DDP: I will not die, it's the world that will end!: Sam Simon, Michael Schumacher, Sandy Jardine, Wilko Johnson, Candye Kane, Ryan Glenny, Lynne Stewart, Joost van der Westhuizen, Daisy Berkowitz, Clive James, Rev. Billy Graham, Casey Kasem, Mike Porcaro, Darren Daulton, Wubbo Ockels, Mike Burney, Sally Farmiloe, Pat Rice, Valerie Harper, David Norris

DDP Theme Team: The British (D)i(e)sles:
Katherine Crowe, Mary Wilson, Doug Ellis, Maureen O’Hara, Peter Maxwell Davies, Albert Reynolds, Tony Benn, John Bardon, Chris Woodhead, James Alexander Gordon, Liz Dawn, Peter Carrington, Jimmy Hill, Ethel Lang, Henry McCullough, Penny Calvert, Prince Philip, Christopher Lee, Ian Paisley, Murray Walker

Shadow:
Jay Lake, Alby Schultz, Abdullah bin Abdul-Aziz Al Saud, Little Jimmy Dickens, Wojciech Jaruzelski, Chespirito, June Foray, Dawn Sears, Kate Bornstein, Frances Oldham Kelly, Kim Kyong-hui, Bunny Mellon, Ellen Albertini Dow, Bob Dole, Hutton Gibson, Joao Havelange, Carlo Azeglio Ciampi, Ramon Jose Velasquez, Carman, Dora Bryan, Noel Neill, Abdul Sattar Edhil, Alicia Alonso, Kirk Douglas, Misao Okawa, Joan Kirner, Nancy Reagan, Raymond Gravel, Robert Schuller, Olivia de Havilland, Bess Myerson, Norman Lear, Zsa Zsa Gabor, Fidel Castro, Nuon Chea, Raul H. Castro, Mario Oriano-Ambrosini, Akkineni Nageswara Rao, George H.W. Bush, Joe Lala, Dean Bailey, Margherita Marchione, Robert Mugabe, Ieng Thirith, Don Rickles, Adolfo Suarez, Ariel Sharon, Gough Whitlam, Superstar Billy Graham

#537 Guest_Guest_*

• Guests

Posted 08 June 2012 - 04:31 PM

Reports are coming in that former Greek PM Andreas Papandreous has died aged 93

#538 TAFKAG

Twombly of Twimbledon Common

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,110 posts

Posted 08 June 2012 - 05:09 PM

View PostGuest, on 08 June 2012 - 04:31 PM, said:

Reports are coming in that former Greek PM Andreas Papandreous has died aged 93
While other reports are coming in that he died in 1996 aged 77, while number 1 on the deathlist. Hmm, who to believe? Legendary political reporter 'Guest' or the rest of the entire media in the history of the world ever... without doubt, it's got to be 'Guest'.

~ O Sting, where is thy death? ~

#539 Guest_Guest_*

• Guests

Posted 08 June 2012 - 05:38 PM

i can only apologise for that embarrassing mix up.can't understand how that happened

#540 Paul Bearer

Zombie Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,243 posts

Posted 08 June 2012 - 06:14 PM

View PostGuest, on 08 June 2012 - 05:38 PM, said:

i can only apologise for that embarrassing mix up.can't understand how that happened

I can in one word. 'Wikipedia'.

I'd plump for a more reliable source in future.
This is true my form is something odd,
But blaming me is blaming God;
Could I create myself anew
I would not fail in pleasing you.

Reply to this topic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users