1013 replies to this topic

#41 Rotten Ali

Value for money

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,194 posts

Posted 14 October 2006 - 08:55 AM

Slave to the Grave Posted Yesterday, 08:31 PM
How about Walthamstow dog track? It has function rooms and a bar and if we all hate each other or haven't got anything in common, we can concentrate on the races instead.

LOL - and the title of the Con' would have to be called "Are they going to the dogs?"
nine down, 41 to go...
DL Shadow List: King Abdullah, Muhammad Ali, Sir Richard Attenborough, Tariq Aziz, Pope Benedict XVI, Tony Benn, Ian Brady, George HW Bush, Sid Caeser, Fidel Castro, George Cole, Katherine Crowe, Liz Dawn, Bob Dole, Kirk Douglas, Jean Claude Duvalier, Queen Fabiola of Belgium, Louis Farrakhan, Aretha Franklin, Zsa Zsa Gabor, James Garner, Ruth Bader Ginsburg, Mikhail Gorbachev, Billy Graham, King Harald V of Norway, Valerie Harper, Joao Havelange, Stephen Hawking, Jimmy Hill, Clive James, Yahya Jammeh, General Jaruzelski, Wilko Johnson, Casey Kasem, Stan Lee, Jerry Lee Lewis, Penny Marshall, T O N Mbasogo, Mary Tyler Moore, Hosni Mubarak, Ian Paisley, Nancy Reagan, Albert Reynolds, Ariel Sharon, Sam Simon, Jeremy Thorpe, Gough Whitlam, Lee Kuan Yew, Michael York & Jiang Zemin. 9/50

#42 The Pooka

Executioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 585 posts

Posted 14 October 2006 - 08:57 AM

View Postin eternum+, on Oct 13 2006, 11:47 AM, said:

But what if we meet up and discover we all hate each other? It's one thing to co-exist amicably in text, but in real life? The DL might fall into a state petty squabblings or worse - vicious member vs. member attacks. Would we ever recover?

:)
I am sure that we all know how to behave cordially to those whom we despise. I'm all for meeting though I suggest that the pub should have a garden in which I can observe the comings and goings.

#43 Rotten Ali

Value for money

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,194 posts

Posted 14 October 2006 - 09:04 AM

Dr Hackenslash Posted Yesterday, 12:33 PM
QUOTE(maryportfuncity @ Oct 13 2006, 11:55 AM)

Member vs member attacks, whatever gave you that idea?

My main expectation of a revelation and surprise would be that we'd discover how F*****g ordinary we all are.

I'm the one with the stiff right arm and the Carlisle United scarf when we all get together. You're the twenty nine stone darts player, right?

And as we sit there, Richard O'Sullivan walks past, looks and sees us all and soils himself, right?

I think an invite has to go out to somebody on the list, if only for them to officially decline...

RRTFLMHO...

I would think that we should invite just about the full number who are still alive (wondering if they would let Ronnie Biggs out for a few hours) though all those we can hope might turn up, and are not "in official decline"
nine down, 41 to go...
DL Shadow List: King Abdullah, Muhammad Ali, Sir Richard Attenborough, Tariq Aziz, Pope Benedict XVI, Tony Benn, Ian Brady, George HW Bush, Sid Caeser, Fidel Castro, George Cole, Katherine Crowe, Liz Dawn, Bob Dole, Kirk Douglas, Jean Claude Duvalier, Queen Fabiola of Belgium, Louis Farrakhan, Aretha Franklin, Zsa Zsa Gabor, James Garner, Ruth Bader Ginsburg, Mikhail Gorbachev, Billy Graham, King Harald V of Norway, Valerie Harper, Joao Havelange, Stephen Hawking, Jimmy Hill, Clive James, Yahya Jammeh, General Jaruzelski, Wilko Johnson, Casey Kasem, Stan Lee, Jerry Lee Lewis, Penny Marshall, T O N Mbasogo, Mary Tyler Moore, Hosni Mubarak, Ian Paisley, Nancy Reagan, Albert Reynolds, Ariel Sharon, Sam Simon, Jeremy Thorpe, Gough Whitlam, Lee Kuan Yew, Michael York & Jiang Zemin. 9/50

#44 CarolAnn

What's the character limit?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,547 posts

Posted 14 October 2006 - 05:15 PM

I think it should be somewhere that the attendees can set up a webcam and those of us who can't attend in person can attend virtually. :)
Whenever I feel blue, I start breathing again.

#45 Windsor

LFN Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,301 posts

Posted 14 October 2006 - 07:06 PM

I won't be going because I like my face in the form it is now. I'm also perfectly happy with the number of teeth I currently have.
Is it really a good idea to have much of the deathlist elite at the same room at the same time? There could be some radical attempt to wipe you all out...
Shadow List 2014.

Wilko Johnson, Muhammed Ali, Helen Fawkes, David Norris, Flora Fraser, Stephen Lewis, Jim Bowen, John Bardon, Albert Reynolds, Rev Billy Graham, Daisy Berkowitz, Wojciech Jaeuzelski, Clive James, Robert Mugabe, George H. W. Bush, Leslie Phillips, Zsa Zsa Gabor, Stephen Hawking, Nancy Reagan, Jeremy Thorpe, Cardinal Keith O'Brien, Tariq Aziz, Murray Walker, Stuart Hall, Luise Rainer, Liz Dawn, Bob Dole, Edgar Ray Killen, Prince Philip, Paul O'Grady, Arthur Scargill, Jalal Talabani, Iain Paisley, Mikhail Gorbachez, Sean Connery, Jimmy Greaves, Sir Nicholas Winton, Sam Simon, Derek Fowlds, Pope Benedict XVI, Richard Attenborough, Harlan Ellison, Fidel Castro, Valerie Harper, Saif al-Isam Megrahi, Queen Fabiola, Ariel Sharon, Liz Smith, Bruce Forsyth, Fred Phelps.

2009: 13/50, 2010: 10/50, 2011: 9/50, 2012: 15/50, 2013:16/50, 2014: 5/50 Winner of the 2010 Dustpool.

#46 VSBfromH

I Need To Get A Life!

• Members
  • 1,834 posts

Posted 14 October 2006 - 07:18 PM

This place Would seem appropriate (read the accompanying caption - there's quite a few such places in the Emerald Isle).
Oh, Mickey! What's EGREGIOUS?!

#47 Tempus Fugit

Twunt Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,793 posts

Posted 14 October 2006 - 07:23 PM

View PostWindsor, on Oct 14 2006, 08:06 PM, said:

I won't be going because I like my face in the form it is now. I'm also perfectly happy with the number of teeth I currently have.
Is it really a good idea to have much of the deathlist elite at the same room at the same time? There could be some radical attempt to wipe you all out...
All the more reason for going to a classy venue, I'm sure the Connaught's Regency Carlos Room wouldn't be conducive to any unpleasantness.
"I have a new philosophy. I'm only going to dread one day at a time."

It's been over 14 months since I was last 100% sober, not a day I want to repeat.

#48 One shot Paddy

potato

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 466 posts

Posted 14 October 2006 - 07:28 PM

View PostVSBfromH, on Oct 14 2006, 08:18 PM, said:

This place Would seem appropriate (read the accompanying caption - there's quite a few such places in the Emerald Isle).

Yes I used to drink in a bar that was also the local undertakers.

The bar is closed now :huh: , but they still do funerals.
There's more than one way to skin a cat, but I find a big sharp knife works best!

#49 maryportfuncity

Dedicated Cumbrian Corpse Hound, or summat

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,062 posts

Posted 14 October 2006 - 11:04 PM

OSP, are you having anything approaching an out-of-province experience at the thought of Ian Paisley possibly discussing day to day business with Martin - he has the power of life and death - McGuinness?

Just askin' like.
Posted Image

Maryport is a disappointment for which there is no cure, but the annual Deathrace thread hereabouts provides welcome distraction.

#50 One shot Paddy

potato

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 466 posts

Posted 15 October 2006 - 02:15 PM

View Postmaryportfuncity, on Oct 15 2006, 12:04 AM, said:

OSP, are you having anything approaching an out-of-province experience at the thought of Ian Paisley possibly discussing day to day business with Martin - he has the power of life and death - McGuinness?

Just askin' like.

A few rounds at St Andrews do you mean? :huh:
There's more than one way to skin a cat, but I find a big sharp knife works best!

#51 TLC

Assassin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 848 posts

Posted 15 October 2006 - 07:53 PM

I'm up for a London meeting; I'll get there early and hold the same pose as in my profile photo so that we don't have to wander round a pub asking 'excuse me, are you Captain Oates/In Eternum +/Cowboy Ronnie/Dr Hackenslash?' etc. :blink:

Best not to read any of my drunken stories I've posted on this site if you're not sure whether to come along or not...
'I know a man named Hank,
he has more rhymes than a serious bank'

#52 CarolAnn

What's the character limit?

• Members
  • 1,547 posts

Posted 16 October 2006 - 02:48 AM

View PostTLC, on Oct 15 2006, 02:53 PM, said:

I'm up for a London meeting; I'll get there early and hold the same pose as in my profile photo so that we don't have to wander round a pub asking 'excuse me, are you Captain Oates/In Eternum +/Cowboy Ronnie/Dr Hackenslash?' etc. :)

Best not to read any of my drunken stories I've posted on this site if you're not sure whether to come along or not...

You might be even easier to find if you dressed up like your avatar. :blink:
Whenever I feel blue, I start breathing again.

#53 Slave to the Grave

Post-Twunt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,123 posts

Posted 16 October 2006 - 05:51 AM

View PostCarolAnn, on Oct 16 2006, 04:48 AM, said:

I'm up for a London meeting; I'll get there early and hold the same pose as in my profile photo so that we don't have to wander round a pub asking 'excuse me, are you Captain Oates/In Eternum +/Cowboy Ronnie/Dr Hackenslash?' etc. :)

In fact, wouldn't it be easier if we all just dressed up like our avatars.
In my experience, yes, some guests have the same longing for towels and bedlinen as zombies have for human flesh.

"Turrwets, a very good place to keep a tdonkley" - Lady G.

Who is not made better and wiser by occasional intercourse with the tomb?
-George Blair

#54 Twelvetrees

Shipman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 323 posts

Posted 16 October 2006 - 09:15 AM

View PostSlave to the Grave, on Oct 16 2006, 06:51 AM, said:

I am my avatar
"Clive Dunn is immortal"

#55 Typhoid Harry

Post-Twunt

• Moderators
  • 1,214 posts

Posted 16 October 2006 - 11:16 AM

Among the mods, I have suggested this recently, but it would be several months before my idea came to pass. Also, it sounds as though rather than one meeting place, it could rather easily become a pub crawl. Security is not an issue; in my view, let whoever wants to attend, attend.
I'm not sure if it's Marxism in action or a West End musical... - Dr. Who

#56 Slave to the Grave

Post-Twunt

• Members
  • 1,123 posts

Posted 16 October 2006 - 11:18 AM

View PostTyphoid Harry, on Oct 16 2006, 01:16 PM, said:

Among the mods, I have suggested this recently, but it would be several months before my idea came to pass. Also, it sounds as though rather than one meeting place, it could rather easily become a pub crawl. Security is not an issue; in my view, let whoever wants to attend, attend.

Have you seen the damage that can be done with a snooker cue TH?
In my experience, yes, some guests have the same longing for towels and bedlinen as zombies have for human flesh.

"Turrwets, a very good place to keep a tdonkley" - Lady G.

Who is not made better and wiser by occasional intercourse with the tomb?
-George Blair

#57 TLC

Assassin

• Members
  • 848 posts

Posted 16 October 2006 - 11:38 AM

View PostCarolAnn, on Oct 16 2006, 03:48 AM, said:

But my avatar is wearing an extremely clever disguise; if only I could combine this with his lethal acting powers you'd never recognise me if I so chose.

It's very much like the physical equivalent of a jedi mind trick - 'I am not the deathlister you are looking for'. Especially if it's Twelvetrees trying to introduce himself and he really does look like that. :)

Slave to the Grave, on Oct 16 2006, 12:18 PM, said:

Have you seen the damage that can be done with a snooker cue TH?
If not, heed the wise words of the Matchroom Mob (and Chas & Dave) who chillingly warned us many years ago 'we'll show you what we can do, with a load of balls and a Snooker queue'. Add a few pairs of hastily removed socks into the mix and blind ugly violence is the only way this game'll end.

That must be what going 'Snooker loopy' means, a phrase I've heard used on the mean streets of South London a lot (well maybe once or twice, and probably from my own mouth) but just presumed it was about enjoying the game until recently.

#58 Windsor

LFN Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,301 posts

Posted 16 October 2006 - 12:45 PM

If TLC dressed as his avatar, he's probably find himself locked away for 90 days with out trial.
To make matters worse, he'd probably have to share an over crowded cell with a bunch of exremist muslims who would beat him hourly for not knowing his prayers.
Shadow List 2014.

Wilko Johnson, Muhammed Ali, Helen Fawkes, David Norris, Flora Fraser, Stephen Lewis, Jim Bowen, John Bardon, Albert Reynolds, Rev Billy Graham, Daisy Berkowitz, Wojciech Jaeuzelski, Clive James, Robert Mugabe, George H. W. Bush, Leslie Phillips, Zsa Zsa Gabor, Stephen Hawking, Nancy Reagan, Jeremy Thorpe, Cardinal Keith O'Brien, Tariq Aziz, Murray Walker, Stuart Hall, Luise Rainer, Liz Dawn, Bob Dole, Edgar Ray Killen, Prince Philip, Paul O'Grady, Arthur Scargill, Jalal Talabani, Iain Paisley, Mikhail Gorbachez, Sean Connery, Jimmy Greaves, Sir Nicholas Winton, Sam Simon, Derek Fowlds, Pope Benedict XVI, Richard Attenborough, Harlan Ellison, Fidel Castro, Valerie Harper, Saif al-Isam Megrahi, Queen Fabiola, Ariel Sharon, Liz Smith, Bruce Forsyth, Fred Phelps.

2009: 13/50, 2010: 10/50, 2011: 9/50, 2012: 15/50, 2013:16/50, 2014: 5/50 Winner of the 2010 Dustpool.

#59 TLC

Assassin

• Members
  • 848 posts

Posted 16 October 2006 - 12:51 PM

View PostWindsor, on Oct 16 2006, 01:45 PM, said:

If TLC dressed as his avatar, he's probably find himself locked away for 90 days with out trial.
To make matters worse, he'd probably have to share an over crowded cell with a bunch of exremist muslims who would beat him hourly for not knowing his prayers.
I think if I dressed as my avatar I'd be lucky to get as far as on the train, such are the enlightened non-suspicious views of the average commuter. Maybe I'd do better by convincing the commuters I'm going to do something entirely innocent, such as taking a huge sports bag with me to prove I'm just on the way to the gym? :)

#60 Brinsworth House Baiter

Assassin

• Members
  • 977 posts

Posted 16 October 2006 - 01:01 PM

View PostSlave to the Grave, on Oct 16 2006, 06:51 AM, said:

You might be even easier to find if you dressed up like your avatar. :)

I'd definitely go if you were dressed like your avatar, Slave- Fenella Fielding in Carry On Screaming...mmm.

I'll be the one in the beer garden in the middle of my army of crows, drinking champagne beneath my top hat.
I am the crow king!

I can do anything!

Any Editors Out There? Gissa B-Job... www.pitcherthis.co.uk

Please.

I've just noticed the cunning moderation of my above signature. I'd like to thank the rogue moderator responsible and also add- prospective editors, please note that a B-Job would go down just as well as a proper one. Quite possibly even more so.

Reply to this topic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users